[Drama 2016] ❤Another Miss Oh❤ 또 오해영❤

heartoppaya

6 hours ago, theseasasleep said:

You know what's so weird? It's that DK actually *saved* HTJ. :blink:  Think about it: if DK had walked away from JS's challenge or hadn't hit the dart board, Jang still would have pulled his investment from HTJ's company and said company would have collapsed like a house of cards as other investors pulled out. Now, HTJ and his lawyer looked at the damage and assumed from the outset it would take years (in jail and out) to get out from under this mess. Well, DK and JS cut that down by convincing many of HTJ's bruised investors to drop their lawsuits, making the work HTJ and his lawyer had to do quite minimal. That all started with DK asking Jang to drop his complaint against HTJ making it easier for the other investors to follow suit. Without DK, none of that would have happened because clearly Jang wasn't of the mind to help HTJ out in the slightest, even once he heard he'd ended up in jail. DK saved HTJ. :blink: 

It also means that, yes, HTJ would always have broken up with uri HY and would have used that awful waiter's break-up line regardless of DK's interference. Or non-interference as it was. My mind is blown. I mean, I knew the failed wedding was all on HTJ's head because there were a million different ways to handle uri HY and DK had no influence over that, but my mind is blown at the concept that DK's "powerful" revenge really saved a person he was trying to hurt. Way to fail upwards, I guess. :rolleyes:

But I dont think it would stop their wedding. I think  DK may stop the inevitable from happening later and after their wedding. His interception only made the inevitable occur earlier before the marriage.. whereas if TJ and OHY1 was already married  I believe she would still be by his side through the downfall of his business as well as his jail sentence. 

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PDK being in a coma or being sick, and having those visions are just all in his mind is actually a big NO for me. Honestly, I just want his ability to foresee the future as something of like a natural gift that makes him a different kind of person from the others.

28 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

But I dont think it would stop their wedding. I think  DK may stop the inevitable from happening later and after their wedding. His interception only made the inevitable occur earlier before the marriage.. whereas if TJ and OHY1 was already married  I believe she would still be by his side through the downfall of his business as well as his jail sentence. 

It would have stopped their wedding because when DK gave his drunken warning to Jang, Jang had already decided to pull his money. DK's advice didn't move up the timeline - he just provided an easy cover for Jang to point to when pressed, "Oh, I was doing a solid for my future step-son!" Jang seems to get off on seeming like a jovial old man but he's very sly and clever. He had a contract but by using his step-son as an excuse he created a reasonable reason for breaking it because if kdrama land has taught me anything, it's that 'family' is the go-to excuse for everything! Works every time!

I'm not sure when the meeting took place but by the time the day of the wedding was due to arrive, HTJ was already due in jail which meant that while they were doing their final wedding prep he had been meeting with lawyers, likely been in a courtroom and arranged a time to turn himself in. All this stuff takes time, even if it moves quickly. So even if Jang planned to do it a week later, HTJ still would have seen the writing on the wall and known he'd be arrested during his honeymoon. If he couldn't bear the idea of being arrested the day of the wedding, do you really believe he could bear the idea of being arrested on his honeymoon? No matter what he would have broken the engagement. If he had a year to fight it off, yeah, you got me there - he would have hoped for the best, married uri HY and either lied that he was going on an extended business trip, like he did with his mom, when he eventually got arrested (because HTJ's business was a shabbily built mirage) or he would have told her the truth and she would have waited like a good little wifey. But that's not the scenario we are presented with.

So nice to have quite a few people talking about what happened on the TJ front so I don't have to hahaha....

@carolinedl and @foxvanilla I know about that phenomenon and wondered about it before like you guys lol. But from what I have observed from my short time in Korea and my Korean friends, it is quite true to life. They usually just go with the "uh" sound on both sides and hang up. The most they'd say resembling a goodbye is "see you later" before hanging up.

My heart ached so much watching episode 12 :(
Both OHY1 and PDK is pissing me off. I'm so tired of OHY1 being depressed all the time. Her emotion is heavily depended on other people. 
Frankly speaking, she's 32 and she should know better than making her parents go on a emotion roller coaster ride with her. 
I hope this episode marks her turning point, I want to see her coming back stronger than ever in next week's episode. 

I'm seriously in an emotional mess after watching ep 11 & 12.

So apparently, the big secret has been revealed many characters in the drama is angry+frustrated+hurt and I like how the drama show us that OHY1-HTJ cancelled wedding is not because of a stupid act of single person, instead there are actually atleast five to six person stupid doings/decision who eventually lead to the cancellation of the wedding, thus we cannot really put ALL the blame to a single person, as that will be so unfair..

Seems that DK has made a decision to live without regret by the end of ep 12. I hope he will really start living for now on and do A LOT of amendment, work triple harder to won OHY1 trust and affection again.

And honestly, I can't wait to see what's the writer have in store for us!

I am a mess, a crying mess. That's all I can say oh God, I don't even remember how many times I cried watching the last episode.

Loving everything about this drama, but please please please let there be a happy ending, I wouldn't recover easily after a tragic ending, I know it would leave a mark on me. Some might say that this is fiction, just a drama ect., yes it is a drama but not just a drama. It makes you live with these people, live their feelings with them and form a connection. Ugh I don't know what I am mumbling about haha I am not okay :bawling:

e12%202617_zpsb2wa9uwt.jpg?1465346987523

Thanks PDnim for giving us this scene - PDK making attempt to reconnect with OHY1

OHY1, must have seen the Missed Call fr PDK before rushing out of the house,

Park Do-Kyung,

You are LATE, but it's still better than NEVER.

It doesn't matter if you die tomorrow, because you still have today.

What's important is how you live the remaining hours.

Go! Do-Kyung Go!

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-06-07%2Bat%2B3.47.2
Osen - Naver: 'Oh Hae Young Again', Eric and Seo Hyun Jin break up... background story to marriage cancellation revealed 

1. [+9,814, -138] I roughly expected this but that old Chairman Jang is a terrible man.. I've blamed Eric but it's not entirely his fault all along. It's all because of the chairman..What a poison.. All the lead characters are suffering because of the money grubber older characters

2. [+6,005, -157] Let's go Park Do Kyung~~!! Like the raging fire.. Never regret it.. Take it to the end ㅠㅜ

3. [+5,373, -138] Chairman Jang, that bad old man ㅜㅜ Poor Do Kyung

4. [+5,179, -346] Chairman Jang and Gold Hae Young are the worst... Han Tae Jin and his friend are shady too.. Do Kyung and Regular Hae Young are pitiful

5. [+3,683, -75] Say something before ending it, so frustrating!!!!!!

6. [+1,830, -21] His choice of pushing Hae Young away involves death.. I hope Do Kyung finds a differentending if he chooses Hae Young!

Naver
1. [+3,053, -188] Writer, I think Hae Young's ruined herself enough. Her character has gone so deep into the mountains ㅠㅠㅠ Why was the extension necessary?

2. [+2,718, -149] Am I the only one who's frustrated at Oh Hae Young? She's not even trying to understand herself, what's with the radio?

3. [+2,330, -111] 30 minutes into this, wtf is happening? Why make her so sensitive? ㅠㅠ It's frustrating ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

4. [+1,943, -138] The forced set up is annoying

5. [+1,501, -59] Haaㅠㅠ All the main characters are pitiful ㅠㅠ

Mydaily - Nate: 'Oh Hae Young Again', "I love you", words that Eric finds hard to say 

1. [+610, -9] Han Tae Jin's partner is the cause of all this trouble..

2. [+478, -20] In the ending scene, Park Do Kyung watches the future and it seems like he wants to reverse everything. Fighting

3. [+415, -16] Take it to the end!!!! Let them love already!!

4. [+53, -4] I just want Oh Hae Young to be happy... That scene of her sitting on the toilet has to be the best one today ㅠㅠㅠ So heartbreaking..

cr:kkuljaem

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Oh Hae-Young Again" Episode 12

photo732161.jpg

At first it seems like life has merely moved on. Hae-young is grumpy at home, and Do-kyeong is obsessively perfectionist about the latest dangerous to reproduce sound effect. But the situation quickly takes a turn for the worse when Hae-young impulsively picks about the worst possible target on which to vent her frustrations. The result? Hae-young makes the big tragedy of her life seem like an epic joke.

There's an element of self-pity which is very easy to identify with. Because let's face it. We've all had these kinds of horrible situations that we can't really talk about because out of context the stories sound stupid and funny. But in addition to being a very real auralization of Hae-young's pain, Hae-young's public discussion of the story also proves a helpful vehicle for showing how the rest of the cast reacts to the pain of other people.

Like Jin-sang, who puts a strong, genuine effort into being a good friend, and can tell when people are hurting, but almost always manages to say and do exactly the wrong thing. Take his entire speech to Soo-kyeong about the importance of taking responsibility. Yes, there's the literal irony given Jin-sang's relationship to Soo-kyeong's problem, but the subtext is pretty essential too. Even in Jin-sang's interpretation the situation was his fault because he encouraged her. Likewise, Jin-sang has never really taken responsibility for provoking the entire Hae-young mess either.

Soo-kyeong, by the way, is great at understanding self-pity, because self-pity is practically the only thing she does in her free time. But amazingly enough, Soo-kyeong deserves it. Every time Soo-kyeong meets her mother she comes face to face with her own most hated personality flaws. Soo-kyeong is rather perfectly mismatched with Jin-sang because he can see that she needs reassurance but always fails to do it correctly.

Soo-kyeong and Do-kyeong are both rather horrible images of what a person looks like when they have no concept of love as a kind of positive reenforcement. That's what makes it so scary to watch Do-kyeong at the end, trying to be the calm voice of reason while realizing he simply has no authority to do that. Do-kyeong needs an influence like Hae-young in his life in order to move him away from being evil and spiteful. Without that, there's just a vision of the cold workaholic Do-kyeong who might as well be dead. Compared to that, is humility really so awful?

Review by William Schwartz

source

Good news on the ratings improvement again! Thank you @angelflower for the translations, I couldn't read them yesterday since soompi crashed and I went to bed straight after that.

After watching it with subs,

I think this is the pivotal episode, everything will change after this episode, the people and the events that will follow (just a gut feeling).

OHY1 - HY has definitely reached the pit. She need to concentrate more on the people who love her rather than those who doesn't. She must realise that as much as OHY2 indirectly cause her to have a miserable life, but she herself also contributed to a much part of it because of the way she responded to such situations. Drinking never solves any problem in fact it creates more, she should learn from that and I hope with the big boo boo she made over air she will. But I still love her to bits and I want more than anything for her to be happy. It hurts my heart to see how she pleads with DK to not break up with her. She knows everyone would say its wrong, she knows she's foolish and will be called an idiot yet she says what her heart wants. 

PDK - He is too cautious to love, he loves with his head rather than his heart(at least up to now). Because his rational mind tells him it is not right, he do not deserve to love HY, ya he got giddy for a while thinking it was possible until the truth was revealed. He can't face HY when he knows she knows he was the one causing all her pain. Yet somehow he doesn't want her totally out of his life, telling her to call him anytime and curse him, going to her place. He wants to be near her even if he can't be with her. DK ah you always say HY gets ahead in her thinking but you too you know, when you think of your impending 'death sentence' which hasn't happened yet. But when you finally decide to run back to HY(it better be her) at the end of the episode, I hope it is a final resolution and not a weak one that you turn back right away even after you said to go all the way. 

OHY2 - Her expressions have changed. It could go either way, that she feel bad that how OHY1 is really suffering because of her(from her fiasco on the radio) or she have decided she will not be Miss Goody anymore because the guy who love her so much in the past(which she just realised now) is loving the one whom she never thought of as a match or equivalent for her. What will she do?

TJ - I get a bad feeling when he kept replaying what OHY said on radio- one on how she loved DK without knowing what he had done and two on how she wanted to kill them badly. Is he really going to be one who will cause DK accident?

SK - I am so sad for her in this episode, the way her mother behaves and treated her. JS oblivion of what happened that night and her anguish on knowing her pregnancy. 

OH papa and mama - I love you guys enuff said.

What a show that toils with our emotions yet that is why it is so good as it continues to draw your interests. This drama is not about perfect people living perfect lives, rich people living glamorous lives while poor people suffering, not about clamouring for power but real raw flawed people coping with their lives when they makes mistakes, bad decisions, whether their live is messed up by others or themselves. I just hope it continue to be this good till the end. But still I want my happy ending ok.

I finally watched with subs...absolutely no words for this episodes...I hope this is the rock bottom and from here onwards things will get better for everyone involved after all they are all victims in one way or the other and they all deserve to be happy...even DKYs mother I felt pity for her when she talked about her motivation....

DKY you saw your death right before your eyes I hope if anything this is the motivation for you to do the right thing.... let's see how you will "spend these last moments of your life"

OHY1 character really needs to grow into the strong woman she can be...

I think in the next episodes we are going to see some role reversals between the two love birds but I hope they will meet each other halfway in the end....

tVN please give us some sort of teaser for what's to come on ep 13...we really need it

Telemad: Bittersweet symphony of love in Another Miss Oh

The vulnerability of the lead characters in Another Miss Oh puts it a cut above the average rom-com confection

The K-drama Another Miss Oh opens with a lovely, mysterious montage of two people, a distraught woman in a cafe and a lone man in a studio, seemingly moving in sync with each other.

She (Seo Hyun Jin) walks out, spins around for one last look at something or someone, and breaks into a run.

He (Eric Mun) matches her every step, clacking along in high heels in his studio.

n fact, he may be a one-man orchestra on the soundtrack of her misery, rustling and shaking an assortment of objects around him in time to the wind in her face and the storm in her heart.

The sequence, as it will slowly become clear, signifies two premises of the show.

st_20160608_wwtv08_2349442.jpg

The two individuals, Oh Hae Young, a jilted bride (Seo), and Park Do Kyung, a sound director (Mun) who was abandoned at the altar by her classmate of the same name (hence the title, Another Miss Oh), will discover they are perfect for each other.

But she might also find out that he had a hand in her unhappiness, having started a chain of events that ended with her former fiance ditching her on the eve of their wedding.

The love story at the heart of the drama will seem blindingly obvious when summed up like this.

But the show tells the story like a mystery, a clever trail of half truths, parallels and puzzling visions that stays just a little ahead of viewers.

The truth about Hae Young's wedding cancellation is revealed in narrative crumbs, which have to be sifted out from the lies she tells her family and friends - she insists she is the one who is sick of her former fiance, even the way he eats - to save her pride.

Do Kyung has a convenient medical condition in which he has flash-forwards to encounters with Hae Young before he even meets her, and the visions play like delicious teaser trailers for unexpected turns within the episode.

But what holds the show together, under all the narrative ingenuity, is a kernel of emotional truth.

Hae Young and Do Kyung are kindred spirits, it turns out, not just because both have been abandoned at the altar by partners for whom self-esteem comes first.

It's also because they are people for whom love encompasses pity, being able to be weak in front of other people and accepting other people's weaknesses.

And bittersweet realisations like these put Another Miss Oh a cut above the average rom-com confection.

SOURCE

Now I take back what I said that I LOVE every character in this drama... I HATE THAT OLD CHAIRMAN!  

I know HTJ will be tempted to get his revenge against PDK but I hope that he will be the man OHY fell in love with.

[+3,683, -75] Say something before ending it, so frustrating!!!!!!

I can understand why the writer is not making PDK at least explain to OHY 1 the reasoning behind his actions, because again it all comes back to being betrayed. the first time it was when his father died, he cried and shouted but help arrived too late. the second time was when pretty OHY abandoned him at the altar and the third time was when he learned that the reason for pretty OHY leaving him was the recording made by his Mom where he was forced to say what he was feeling.

But the writer and the director really lost the touch with this ep, richard simmons me, at least make the guy lie or say a couple of words we know why he acts like that but the characters in that universe don't! it doesn't make sense for him to act like that when one of the strong points of this drama was a semi-what realistic portrayal of the characters, believe it or not but in Korea guys like PDK are the norm, sharing your feelings, saying that you have a problem is something out of this world in the Korean culture to the point a social movement called "I'm NOT doing Okay" happened a couple of years ago as a counter-reaction. But still, it's like PDK has a physical disability that doesn't allow him to at least say something that is not completely retarded.

We have six more eps, be still my beating heart.

I'm happy watching yesterday's episode. Yes, it was heart breaking but we know something that I already expected, Park Do Kyung was not the one who made Tae Jin's life became misserable. Yeayyyy!!!! I knew that something suspicious of how come it's so easy for director Jang to take out his investment just because his future 'son' ask that without even asking the reason. And how come just taking out investment could send Tae Jin to the prison? So, we got the answer now.

Now, I'm curious what kinda business actually director Jang and Ta Jin has. Like Jin Sang said in the very first episodes, Tae Jin deals with unclean business. If Tae Jin is really good person, perhaps the shady business isn't from him (perhaps he doesn't know the bad people surrounds him doing this kinda work). Ok, let's see what next episode will give us.

Archived