[Drama 2016] ❤Another Miss Oh❤ 또 오해영❤

heartoppaya

Hello everyone ..

My first time writing in this thread –

Been ages since I last write anything other than DOTS or SS related  :D ..

THANK YOU for Another Ms Oh …

THANK YOU …

This is my take

PDK is in coma but the thing that happening in this drama … in not his ‘imagination’ … I believe before he went into coma he already decided to go back to OHY1 and go all the way … whatever happen after eps 12 not his ‘imagination’ but memories oh heck .. everything that happen since eps 1 is his memories and not imagination …

I like to think when he was about to go into comatose (I presume the accident happen and now he is in coma and while in coma this memories came back and he relived his memories … ) he has already made up with OHY1 … it was not because of he knew back then that he was dying, he made up because it’s the right thing to do and he can’t live without her. They made up (thus the bedscenes (yeah I HOPE, I DREAM of this), there will be bedscene)

So when he was run down by that stupid car  #eh.. stupid driver  (that couldn’t see a man was standing unmoving) ..so right before he went into coma – he thought about OHY1 and cannot let her go.

but he got  that part mixed up in his memories … he love OHY1 so much and that made him hold on to life battling … he thought he has some unfinished business and that the reason he is still in coma holding on.  He has to tell he love OHY1 …

So what we see in this drama is his memories and him talking to himself (the dr is actually him talking to himself .. reflecting). What ever happen with OHY and the rest of the gang is real ie memories but whatever happened with him and the dr – is his imagination …. The Dr is actually himself ..

#eh .. Do I make sense? Wahahha..  Do you see what I see? (sorry I only read a few pages backlog, did anyone have similar thought?)

Please excuse my kiddy signature .. hehhee... please excuse my english ... 

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, valentvcd said:

this episode was so sad...... :( 

true, I cried buckets too, especially for her parents, seeing her going through the agonies...

but I'm glad it ended on a positive note,  at least we are not left suspended for the next 6 days

8 minutes ago, dotoh said:

if no disruption, ep 18 will broadcast on 28Jun.

the new drama Let’s Fight Ghost begins on 11Jul

what is tvN gonna give us on 4th n 5th July ? 

Two special episodes of bts and unscreen scenes edited out. One can dream right?! :lol:

Guest mywebfoot
2 hours ago, theseasasleep said:

You might be right. There is a distinct possibility that versions of an event can or cannot happen and the initial koala hug vision which never came precisely true - just versions of it (the dare, on the street, coming back from the beach) - is subtle example given to the audience that slight pressures can change events. Honestly, I thought it was a production gaffe originally. That they meant to have the hug in those clothes under those circumstances but shooting didn't permit, but everything has been really carefully laid out especially at that point so.... Right now, I'm with you and your theorizing. It might be a failure of a pontentiality that still came true in a way but not exactly. If correct, if DK can string enough of these together he might be able to swing his fate???

I have a slightly looser interpretation of how the memories (from his future self) come to him. Memories are patchy things. Sometimes they come in bits and pieces, just a tiny fragment of an event. Sometimes they come in a cohesive whole. I think that's what we see with gradual revelation of the entire accident scene. At first we see only him lying there, then we saw the actual accident, then the memories during and after the accident. So that hug also come in different versions too? - firstly just the feeling of the impact, without the actual full context, then later the context details come to him? 

I think the bit in yellow might be the key question. So far, every memory he's seen plays out unavoidably as he saw it, even when he's fighting it - the jump hug, the kiss. Another way to state the question you posed: What will it take for DK to overcome the path he (or his life circumstances) has set himself on? It seems that we might have seen it at the last 10 minutes of Ep 12 - he sees exactly what will happen. DK gets in touch with exactly what it feels like to lie there dying and regretting the stupid things he's done out of fear. And finally, finally, he realizes 'THIS IS NOT THE LIFE I WANT'.

It's a nice lesson, if a bit overdone in kdramas. 

1 hour ago, dotoh said:

Sound? what sound?

okay, time to rewatch it again :w00t:

Put on your headphones. It comes right before they switch to the shot where he braces his hand against the wall. He makes this sound that... oh, my pervy shipper heart! It is aflame, lol. :w00t:

13 minutes ago, Bambiina said:

Hello everyone ..

THANK YOU …

This is my take

PDK is in coma but the thing that happening in this drama … in not his ‘imagination’ … I believe before he went into coma he already decided to go back to OHY1 and go all the way … whatever happen after eps 12 not his ‘imagination’ but memories oh heck .. everything that happen since eps 1 is his memories and not imagination …

I like to think when he was about to go into comatose (I presume the accident happen and now he is in coma and while in coma this memories came back and he relived his memories … ) he has already made up with OHY1 … it was not because of he knew back then that he was dying, he made up because it’s the right thing to do and he can’t live without her. They made up (thus the bedscenes (yeah I HOPE, I DREAM of this), there will be bedscene)

So when he was run down by that stupid car  #eh.. stupid driver  (that couldn’t see a man was standing unmoving) ..so right before he went into coma – he thought about OHY1 and cannot let her go.

but he got  that part mixed up in his memories … he love OHY1 so much and that made him hold on to life battling … he thought he has some unfinished business and that the reason he is still in coma holding on.  He has to tell he love OHY1 …

So what we see in this drama is his memories and him talking to himself (the dr is actually him talking to himself .. reflecting). What ever happen with OHY and the rest of the gang is real ie memories but whatever happened with him and the dr – is his imagination …. The Dr is actually himself ..

#eh .. Do I make sense? Wahahha..  Do you see what I see? (sorry I only read a few pages backlog, did anyone have similar thought?)

You totally make sense..

there are a few movies exploring this theme..

So, what you are saying is... all of this did happen..and then he met with an accident.. and is in coma and his conscience is reliving the actual memories, mixing it with a bit of imagination e.g. the doctor whom no one has seen, the ability to envision future.., the feeling that he has seen OHY1 before he even met her..

So the drama i.e. ep 1 starts with us viewers ijside his comatose mind - we are seeing what his brain is showing him

Makes perfect sense.. did you folks come up with the theory on your own..?

I love it!!!.. that makes everything rational!

22 hours ago, artbox said:

Just wanted to speak up, as someone who has been bullied and tormented by others before, when it was happening around other people (who I thought were friends) and they did NOTHING even though they knew what was happening, I considered them not trying to stop is as contributing to the bullying because their silence meant it was ok. 

I very sorry that you have the experience of being bullied.  It can the an alienating and emotionally scarring situation, especially for people who actually want to be a part of a community. 

I do agree that not coming to the aide of someone being bullied is a problem, especially when the victim is your friend. Not everyone has the personal physical or emotional resource to directly confront a bully, but there are still ways of supporting your friend.

I just wanted to get clarification. Who is your remark about?

Is your remarks directed at OHY2 in high school? I wasn't 100% sure that she knew how OHY1 was treated because of her.  I might well be wrong on this because I've been less than attentive in my viewing and might have missed something.

25 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

You totally make sense..

there are a few movies exploring this theme..

So, what you are saying is... all of this did happen..and then he met with an accident.. and is in coma and his conscience is reliving the actual memories, mixing it with a bit of imagination e.g. the doctor whom no one has seen, the ability to envision future.., the feeling that he has seen OHY1 before he even met her..

So the drama i.e. ep 1 starts with us viewers ijside his comatose mind - we are seeing what his brain is showing him

Makes perfect sense.. did you folks come up with the theory on your own..?

I love it!!!.. that makes everything rational!

OMG .. you summarized it perfectly .. wahahaha.. OH MY ENGLISH!! .. hahaha .. yup that was what I wanted to say..

and the drama also mixed with PDK nemories + PDK imagination + the others series of event (real) ... (from the other character POV).

That's the only explanation I can think of or they want to venture to more mind boggling plot .. like he has some psychic power to see the future.

50 minutes ago, Bambiina said:

Hello everyone ..

THANK YOU …

This is my take

Actually after ep 12, I think DK isnt in coma. In fact he has an ability to see his future and thats how he will try to change it from ep 13. That will be interesting from now on. DK will deal with his ability in more active way instead of passive one earlier... ;)

11 minutes ago, Hà Thái said:

Actually after ep 12, I think DK isnt in coma. In fact he has an ability to see his future and thats how he will try to change it from ep 13. That will be interesting from now on. DK will deal with his ability in more active way instead of passive one earlier... ;)

YES .. it is possible .. since this is an ongoing Drama .. ie live shooting .. anything is possible we are talking Kdrama ... we have alien living among us, we have people that can see the dead, we have man can listen to someone's else thought ... and we have a girl that can see smell ..

we have all kind of people with superpower in Kdrama .. so anything is possible ..

Another reason why I think this it's not future he is seeing but memories is because ... He can't change the outcome .. he saw OHY1 about to koala bear hug him .. he can choose not to let it happen .. but it happen ..

He saw he kissed her .. he can choose to take different 'path'/'action' ... but no .. he let it happen .. He can't control OHY1 actions but he can control his .. but he let it happen... 

Anyway .. it is interesting to do the guessing .... I am so excited to see what's it really is ... 

Like I said ... everything is possible in Kdramaland

So, I was thinking what if the show is basically trying to teach us about our coping mechanism and how sometimes they can lead us to do the most tragic things (Do Kyung making up his mind to ruin Tae Jin's business. Because if CEO Jang hadn't been shrewd and made up his mind about the business himself, we would be holding Do Kyung responsible for that), how they can make us cause others pain (other Hae Young fleeing when she can't handle the truth, thereby causing a ripple effect of pain that everybody has felt. The same goes for Tae Jin), how they can make us cause ourselves pain (Hae Young who walks into incoming traffic and then spills her guts on the radio, thanks to the alcohol she drinks to cope with it all), and how they can end up saddling us with responsibility we might not be ready for even if we accept it (Soo Kyung and Jin Sang's bout with alcohol to cope with their humiliation and abandonment which led to them in the sack together, which now has them as future parents).

About the wedding, firstly, I wish Soo Kyung had been at the wedding, she would have launched a flying kick at the girl (CEO Jang's daughter) and taken her down easy. Secondly, CEO Jang is a real snake. So because Do Kyung told the truth to his richard simmons of a daughter, he's going to keep the truth from Tae Jin so that Tae Jin can get his revenge on Do Kyung. What an asswipe! He and Do Kyung's mother deserve each other, as long as neither of them cause Do Kyung any more pain. Urgh!

Oh Do Kyung, you have to make it up to our girl. Not like she needs you for the self-esteem boost. This is about you making it up to her. BIG TIME. Apologies just won't cut it. You don't want to live the rest of your life in regret? Go all the way. Grovel and beg. That "I love you" that you find so difficult to say, you must tell her that. Say with words, with texts, richard simmons sing it every single minute of every single day till she's practically vibrating with it. That's the only way to make it up to her. And don't let me get started on how far you have to go to make it up to her parents because we both know Mama Oh's gonna make you pay. You don't like being embarrassed. Well then, prepare for an embarrassment fest Do Kyung, cuz you will be getting a whole lot of it.

2 hours ago, Bambiina said:

Hello everyone ..

THANK YOU …

This is my take

I am tempted to say I'm in total agreement, but I'll be prudent and say that I'm strong leaning in your direction.

Most of my post have been trying to get a sure footing on the 'reality' of this story.  There are a few things that are deliberately out of line.

1-DK demeanor.  It is out of tone/tune with the hyper-manic emotionality of most of the other characters.  It is like the other characters (not necessarily the OHYs, but his co-workers and family members) are being performed in techni-color and DK is being performed in earth tones. I love SK but she is a cartoon, a nuanced cartoon but a cartoon. At first I attributed DK's muted behavior to his grief and depression, but I don't think that it entirely explains it.  I do think we might be seeing the world through his eyes, and I suspect that he is an unreliable or only partially informed narrator.  My hesitation about thinking of this as coming entirely from DK mind is the fact that there are scene where he isn't present presented and shouldn't therefore know about. ( I not sure, actually don't really think it is significant, but OHY2 is the only other character who seems to be also working in earth tones, not techni-color,  like DK is)

2- As I posted before, his therapist and DK's therapy are weird--and not the the usual k-drama "why the hell did you do that" way. It is odd (from a k-drama perspective) to seek therapy for deja vu. Also DK shows up in the therapist office without any ceremony in a kind of dream logic.  The therapist interaction with him is odd and not "professional" it seems more like how a person might imagine a therapist behaving than like how a competent writer who has done the appropriate research would write a therapist.

3- OHY1 is a great character, but if you think of it you can read what we are seeing of her as DK's view of her, not how she it. She is the opposite of DK, clear on how she fell and proactive in working towards them.  DK is very unresponsive. Again that can be because of depression and guilt.  But it might be because he is the writer of the scenarios we are seeing and the general premise is when writers write themselves into scenes they are often the least proactive most "boring" characters. 

4- For a while now I've suspected that what we are seeing isn't pre-cognition but memory.

5- I'm not sure "where" his mind is. A coma seems the logical "place".  I think the increased intensity and frequency of his visions is probably a signal that he is ready to come back.  There have been clues all along.  Listen to the doctor's conversation. HIs explanation of Einstein time space continumm and other hints.  The doctor and DK's language has every now and then hinted that they are not on the same dimension that we assume the other characters are.

A couple of things to consider-

-as best I understand it people in coma's can hear what is happening around.  It is possible that the story DK's mind in telling is being influenced by what in the the room with him.

-If a coma is like a dream, the story we're being told from DK's mind might not hold up. DK could have appropriated anyone's story for his own. For instance, he might be OHY2--meaning her stepfather might had made him leave and not marry her.  He might be Hoon, the feckless sibling. The things that happened to HTJ might have actually happened to the person we know as DK. This is a way complicated way to go so I think unlikely to happen.

-Also because time is elastic and can bend and shrink at will it is possible that episode 1-12 at the site of the accident and DK keeps slipping in and out of consciousness as they wait for assistance, 

EDIT: BTW I love the fact that he is a sound editor and we see him create sound.  I think is so lovely. I haven't been paying much attention to the movies he has been working on and now I wonder if they have any part in the storytelling proper.  Also I just remembered that two of the most significant 'visions' incorporated sound, OHY1 throwing a rock through the window and the sound of the accident. Are any of the other visions sound related?  

so, when we will able to see the cute neighboring scenes again? ahhh~~i miss those scenes.. will OHY move back to Park's house?

aside from some heavy discussion, remember this shoes?

EA_13403_54887_thumb.jpg 

is this shoes also packed back to OHY house or is it left behind? hahaha~~ forgive me i'm in delusion right now, sometimes i've got little over thinking.. 

i think we will see some embarrassing act from DK to win back OHY heart,, i hope..:sweatingbullets:

now, we back on rom-com.. because this show almost be a tragic-rom-com:D

Me too think that he is in coma, but he's trying to let OHY1 go because its a right thing to do so maybe he got amnesia but his brain refuse to forget her. 

But the other theory about he's trying to change the future might also right..

Can't wait for next monday!

Since the 1st episode..I keep telling myself that this "AMO" drama is not a rom-com.
The more I saw, I can say definitely this is a melodrama..then after the ep. 9, many predict that this is DK vision when he is coma..

Well..after this ep.12, since I'm sure that "AMO" is melodrama and me myself quite believe that DK will be coma, now I'm preparing myself that maybe (just maybe) the drama will end with tears..:bawling:

hehehe I'm just hoping, writernim must write it in good story telling..

Oh poor Do Kyung & Oh Hae Young in my halu world..hahaha :bawling:

1 hour ago, Bambiina said:

like he has some psychic power to see the future.

I like the earlier version..

This psychic power.. does not make sense.. not even iota.. I mean how can one fine day he just sees her :).. and has ability to see future.

The biggest support to your theory is...

Remember the very opening scene of ep 1? - When we see OHY..the first secondand onwards.. it is a meomey/dream sequence

Archived