[OFFICIAL] Park Hae Jin x Kim Go Eun aka JungSeol Couple

mgicc

Hi there people!

Sorry if i sound like a broken record, but considering that the entry period of round 1 of the shipper's contest is from   2/14-2/19 (End of Day KST) , we really need to decide if we're taking part in the contest at all so I thought I might as well confirm it here once and for all. 

These are the 4 rounds of the contest (Contest thread here)-

Round 1: Introduction and Smash Poetry
Entry Period:
2/14-2/19 (End of Day KST)
Voting Period (News Site Only): 2/20-2/24 (End of Day KST)

Spoiler

[Part 1] Briefly introduce your couple with their names, their first encounter, and their fandom name (if applicable), and up to three quotes that describes them and their relationship. The quotes can range from a section of song lyrics, lines from a poem, taken directly from the couple themselves, etc, but do not include entire songs or poems. Part 1 in its entirety should not exceed three paragraphs.

[Part 2] Compose a keyboard smash poem about your couple from one of the provided pre-generated smash letter set. (The options will be revealed in Round 1's thread.) Each letter set contains 15 letters, derived from actually “smashing” (but not hulk smashing!) your hands, fingers, palms, and/or fist across your keyboard. Select the letter set of your choice and compose your poem using the letters in the order they are given. Do not add words. Do not delete words.

Round 2: Fan Art
Entry Period:
2/25-2/29 (End of Day KST)
Voting Period: 3/1-3/3 (End of Day KST)

Instructions to be revealed.

Round 3: Fan Fiction
Entry Period:
3/4-3/8 (End of Day KST)
Voting Period: 3/9-3/11 (End of Day KST)

Round 4: Fan Video
Entry Period: 3/12-3/16 (End of Day KST)
Voting Period: 3/17-3/19 (End of Day KST)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far, people who have expressed interest include:

Round 1: @MrsSoJiSub 

Round 2:

Round 3: @eosin, @rottenxtears, @themarchioness

Round 4:

Misc: @Anabela Sampaio, @Ahpheng, @lorac529, @bjvipb2uty, @jeijei

(I'll assume your confirmed participation unless you indicate otherwise)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calling these peeps, would you like to join in these rounds? (please reply ASAP if possible!)

fan art: @Ahpheng(comics) & @NRGchick (comics), @gerimisore (your lovely drawings)

fan vid: @fidda868, @stargazer187

Please tag whoever I've missed out who would be great for the respective categories too! Anyone interested in smash poetry writing?

(For the fanvids, is anyone able to reach out to any talented youtube FMV makers instead, if no one from here is willing?) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1: If no one steps out before entry deadline closes then I'll take it that we wont be joining in due to lack of participants. 

2:There's a possibility of last-min participants but since the deadline is tight, could @MrsSoJiSub start preparing for round 1 first just in case please? (I'm really sorry that there's a possibility your work could be in vain but time is ticking):... I'll try to help as much as I can!)

3: Again since the deadline is tight, I think it's better to have a Contest Committee just in case we get to participate as well. Would anyone like to join? (those who have past experience with this shipping contest thing especially would be really great, since I dont have any!) Help will be needed in terms of ADMIN: to help with tracking and following up on deadlines, making announcements, compiling submissions & putting them up for polling (help share the load esp since I'll prolly get busier later on) PR: getting people to vote for the ship etc 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@eosin i dont think the theme is out yet!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, mgicc said:

Anyone interested in smash poetry writing?

I can give it a try, but there are others more skilfull than me in this. As i said i'll join willingly however i know i have no talent what so ever, so please  don't expect much from me:flushed:

2 minutes ago, Anabela Sampaio said:

I can give it a try, but there are others more skilfull than me in this. As i said i'll join willingly however i know i have no talent what so ever, so please  don't expect much from me:flushed:

It's the intent that counts. The idea is to have fun shipping our OTP. No pressure :)

@Anabela Sampaio Great! I'll put you down for smash poetry then~ Thank you for joining :D

@bjvipb2uty yay! thank you!

Meanwhile... eng subbed PHJ interviews

hehe the translation is a bit different, but 0:33: "Among the dramas that I've been filming so far, I think this is one of my favourite filmings." :lol:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And great FMVs:

(cr to owners)

@coffeeboy 

tumblr_inline_nx0irnXOP11rqmz33_500.gif

Aww you all are great~ Thank you~ I've just tried reaching out to the youtubers of above FMVs so fingers crossed that some good news will come out of this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As it stands now we have:

(More or less) Confirmed Participants:

Round 1:[ Part 1- Intro, 1st encounter, Fandom Name, Up to 3 quotes describing relationship]  @MrsSoJiSub 

[ Part 2- Smash Poem ]  @Anabela Sampaio, @coffeeboy

Round 2: (no official confirmed participants but i think we'll still be able to find willing people)

Round 3: @eosin, @rottenxtears, @themarchioness

Round 4: 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Support Team

ADMIN: @mgicc(me lol), @bjvipb2uty

PR: actually everyone can just publicize on their respective social media channels when this is confirmed

MISC: @Ahpheng, @lorac529, @jeijei

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) We need a Fandom Name. 

2) We can start helping MrsSojiSub already~

Quote wise I really liked the quote that @kara_mella put out:

“We both grew so used to each other, so comfortable with the naturalness and ease of our friendship, that we became sloppy about keeping our relationship a secret. It was not that we were physically demonstrative or obviously in love, more that it had become impossible for us to hide our close involvement. We had gradually acquired the unmistakable air of old-love: finishing each other's sentences and speaking to each other with an offhand, presuming intimacy that was eventually noticed.” 
 Kate Kerrigan, The Miracle of Grace

It's kind of something that hasnt happened b/w Jung and Seol yet, but something I can totally see happening in the future.

Come one come all~ The Floor is now open for your valuable input.

He said: As i reached out my hand, then  Seol took my hand right? 

He really meant to say KGE (My delulu mind strikes back) ;)

And i have to say: Oh yes she did PHJ:blush:

And as i witnessed She even reciprocates ;)

here's the proof thanks to @mgicc

giphy.gif

What more do you want to say?

PHJ: If you say something vague, i think that you may get the answer you want...

ME: Golly!!!!! THIS ISN'T VAGUE! IT'S A CONFIRMATION THAT THE DOORS ARE WIDE OPEN

Just watch this other image: another reach of the hand  :wub:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, mgicc said:

2) We can start helping MrsSojiSub already~

Quote wise I really liked the quote that @kara_mella put out:

“We both grew so used to each other, so comfortable with the naturalness and ease of our friendship, that we became sloppy about keeping our relationship a secret. It was not that we were physically demonstrative or obviously in love, more that it had become impossible for us to hide our close involvement. We had gradually acquired the unmistakable air of old-love: finishing each other's sentences and speaking to each other with an offhand, presuming intimacy that was eventually noticed.” 

It's kind of something that hasnt happened b/w Jung and Seol yet, but something I can totally see happening in the future.

Come one come all~ The Floor is now open for your valuable input.

There's another one that's also quite good and that  @MrsSoJiSub already used in the drama thread that's quite good. It's from Pride and Prejudice : A line from Mr Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet :)

I love this poemit's slightly edited so that could fit Our couple :) well ate least i think so. As i said i have no talent as so ever. But still love beautiful things :)

It's an idea for round one

By Elizabeth Barrett Browning

«I love thee freely, as men strive for right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood’s faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life»

And here's another one by my beloved Luis de Camões

«Love is a fire that burns unseen,
a wound that aches yet isn’t felt,
an always discontent contentment,
a pain that rages without hurting,

a longing for nothing but to long,
a loneliness in the midst of people,
a never feeling pleased when pleased,
a passion that gains when lost in thought»

12 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

What is our fandom name? 

Yup we need to choose a fandom name. fandom name is also the name of the couple right ?

How about we all brainstorm together ?

My suggestion will be something cute and funny like : cheesy couple ? Meal coupon couple ? onigiri couple ?

For the three quotes, i really want to use this one, but since it's kind of long I'm going to bold and cut/paste and put together as one quote what I feel only applies to our ship: 

Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you. When something wonderful happens, you can’t wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement. They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself. Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you the things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful. There is never any pressure, jealousy or competition but only a quiet calmness when they are around. You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of you because they love you for who you are. The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever. Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it’s like being young again. Colours seem brighter and more brilliant. Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn’t exist at all. A phone call or two during the day helps to get you through a long day’s work and always brings a smile to your face. In their presence, there’s no need for continuous conversation, but you find you’re quite content in just having them nearby. Things that never interested you before become fascinating because you know they are important to this person who is so special to you. You think of this person on every occasion and in everything you do. Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon. You open your heart knowing that there’s a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible. You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that’s so real it scares you. You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end. Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life.” --Bob Marley

I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz,
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you as the plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way

than this: where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.
----Pablo Neruda 

The last quote to use, I don't know. If you all agree on the Kate Karregian quote @mgicc posted, this one: “We both grew so used to each other, so comfortable with the naturalness and ease of our friendship, that we became sloppy about keeping our relationship a secret. It was not that we were physically demonstrative or obviously in love, more that it had become impossible for us to hide our close involvement. We had gradually acquired the unmistakable air of old-love: finishing each other's sentences and speaking to each other with an offhand, presuming intimacy that was eventually noticed.” 

I feel our ship is a realistic kind and not one to write some saccharine, honey sweet too sweet, declarations of love about. I like this one
"I want to be with you. It's as simple, and as complicated as that"--Charles Bukowski

So I am writing the intro now and will post it here soon. I would appreciate feedback and also if someone would copy and edit it cause grammar and spelling sometimes are not my thing. So I shall be back with the full done thing later and maybe someone could like type set and such and make it look pretty to send. 

32 minutes ago, coffeeboy said:

Yup we need to choose a fandom name. fandom name is also the name of the couple right ?

How about we all brainstorm together ?

My suggestion will be something cute and funny like : cheesy couple ? Meal coupon couple ? onigiri couple ?

wanna have lunch couple? Kimbap couple? Cinamon roll and Darknight couple? As  @MrsSoJiSub calls Seol :) 

15 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that’s so real it scares you. You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end. Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life.” --Bob Marley

This one must definetly be included!

For couple name:

'Triangle Kimbap couple' (they are always eating triangle kimbap together and Jung learning how to unwrap it to impress her is the cutest thing ever.

Waterfront couple: They are always meeting at that waterfront. Many important moments happen there and they really started there also I like the bridge symbolism and two sides passing and meeting in the middle. 

Have You Eaten? couple: Jung forever asking her to eat

Triangle kimbap on the waterfront couple: best of both worlds

Chessy kimbap couple

Mouse & Cheese couple: I think that explains its self and in the promos Seol is the mouse and Jung the cheese

Trapped & Amoureux couple: amoureux is the french word for 'in love' so trapped and in love couple. I like Cheesy Kimbap couple or the Mouse & Cheese couple. Seol did not fall for the trap. Nope our girl is the last mouse who got the cheese that is Jung's heart. 

Aweeee thanks @stargazer187 for calling me here. I would love to help in the FMV section but dear Im just a baby in making FMV... my skills are like the worst of all worst vids hahaha! like a baby whom just fell and is in fear of starting again. That's right I made my first and only FMV for SWP and got SLAP hard with copyright issues that I fear most to venture back into that field :tears: :sweatingbullets: All my efforts was wasted so no no FMV for me hahaha! I have yet to muster up the courage to start again. Please don't remind me of my pain crazy-monkey-emoticon-002.gif?1292792378

Besides @fidda868 I also  know @colourizeme @evanishh @emy_rose and @sarsu would be wonderful candidates to help in this field. OMG their FMV for SWP is absolutely daebak!!! Their skills are just as or even better than some we've seen so far.  SHOUT OUT to you my dear Pretties and Handsomies!! Anneyong!! crazy-monkey-emoticon-050.gif?1292792391 Long time no see indeed. I hope you're all well! Have you've been trapped by the cheese as yet?? Please I hope you can can share your wonderful expertise and creative talent in movie making here for some CHEESEY FUN!!! crazy-monkey-emoticon-108.gif?1292792407

Archived