Quantcast
Seiran029

[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Anneyeong Chinggu :wink: Whoa now I am kinda worried what will happen next? I was kinda shouted when I watch the cliff hanger Sun Woo put his Sword on Jidwi and said is Jidwi the king ? Hope everything will be fine. Well I kinda like their bromance & friendship:

• Like 7

14 hours ago, pangia said:

Here another vid I made for our SWEET OTP! LOVING THEM SO MUCH! 

thank you sooooooooo much for the MV!! it's soooooooooooooo beautiful!! :heart: 

though when the song said we can be like Romeo and Juliette I was "thank you, let's not go there"!! :lol: 

13 hours ago, ferily said:

I was rewatching Hwarang episodes and oh man, Pa Oh and Sam Maek Jong's scenes just get to me :lol: Pa Oh is so hilarious! I love their relationship so much and hope nothing bad will happen to them. I crack up every time SMJ is like what the heck are you doing here when Pa Oh is assigned as his helper, especially when Pa Oh says he is 22 years old :joy: I just had to come here and mention this because it is just too funny. If you guys ever need a good laugh, that scene is a good scene to go to :D

hhhhhhhhhh yes!! I love them together and I love how much he cares for Maek Jong like no one of his family dooes!! hope he'll always be there with him!!

12 hours ago, Random_Fangurl said:

True, he's too pretty sometimes, especially when he's in hanbok with his hair down :D

yes!! :wub: 

12 hours ago, ferily said:

He is just too handsome :wub: But oh my. Rewatching some of my favorite scenes, Park Seo Joon is starting to get my attention too. I always knew him from KMHM and Running Man episodes, but he's starting to catch my eye in this drama too :scream: I am starting to like him more than I did before........he is handsome too.....

happy to hear/read that!!:wub::tongue: 

11 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

Just go Tumblr and i find this interesting post. This is so detailed & I want to share you :rolleyes:

Hwarang - History Revealed

Hide contents

Sageuk dramas are known for taking a substantial creative licence in regards of history - the cause of death is almost always different (unless it’s something notorically known as Jang Ok Jung’s poisoning), a king with a harem is faithful to only one woman, half of female figures turn into warrior princesses … - it’s understandable since it’s an adaptation of history not a documentary; however, THERE ARE RULES THAT SAGEUK DOES NOT BREAK - history cannot be changed, people need to be killed, kings need to do great deeds for which modern Koreans remember them and people need to die, and all of it needs to happen at the exact dates or with a 1-2 year divergence at most due to narrative purposes. Hwarang breaks them all. The show takes such liberties with history that rather than an adaption it’s actually a parallel universe or something similar since the only things left intact are the names, some family relations and the year 551 when Queen Ji So’s reign as regent ended. Now, to illustrate the issue let’s break down the most substantial historical inaccuracies and liberties featured in the drama so far:

King Beopheung, Maekjong’s uncle, had been killed while defending his palace against invaders.

• King Beopheung died at a ripe old age by 6th century standards, 53, while living the final days of his life as a monk in a monastery. The cause of his death is unknown.

Lord Hwi Kyung is Queen Ji So’s elder brother who used to have a claim on the throne.

• Lord Hwi Kyung is a completely fictional character. The real King Beopheung himself abdicated in Maekjong’s favour and became a monk during the final year of his life, DYING WITHOUT LEGITIMATE SONS (meaning his surviving sons were illegitimate = no claim to the throne). There has never been any doubt about Jinheung’s claim to the throne - he was Beopheung’s grandson AND nephew - Ji So was actually Beopheung’s daughter who married her uncle Galmun, Beopheung’s younger brother. Thus, Jinheung was A SACRED BONE on both sides.

Queen Ji So founded Hwarang in 551 and Jinheung attended it

• Hwarang was founded by Jinheung himself in 576 during the final year of his reign. It’s one of his greatest achievement together with conquering more than a half of Korean Peninsula. 

Park Young Shil plotted to kill the king

• Killing him would be counterproductive - his daughter married Jinheung and became his Queen Sado. Their descendants ruled Silla for hundred of years.

Woo Reuk taught at Hwarang

• Woo Reuk came to Silla only in 551, fleeing from Gaya in fear of annexation, and gave Jinheung the gayageum (an instrument that had been developed in Gaya mere years ago). After that Jinheung became Woo Reuk’s patron.

Kim Yeo Wool is the son of the former king’s sister

• A completely fictional character. The writer used the fact that King Beopheung had a daughter about who no historical facts were known and created a finctional son for her, Kim Yeo Wool.

Cre: http://dreamingsnowflake2013.tumblr.com/post/156238447754/hwarang-history-revealed

I'm fine with others because i understand this writer shows a lack of experience in writing a full drama & she never written an actual drama before.

But because I'm always interested in history & search about historical documents after watching a drama. And Jinheung is my fav character (thanks to PHS's great portrait :wub:) So i think i'll be mad if they do wrong about his legitimate heir & his achievements . I talked about this issue before, but after reading this post I feel should be talk again lol :rolleyes: Hope they do not distort too much history.

P/S: Should i watch "Queen Seondeok" to know more about Silla lol :D ? Veteran actor Lee Soon Jae make a cameo with King Jinheung' role in ep 1. He's my fav actor too :wub:

I found this & make me laugh so hard :D

thank you so much for your post!! I knew some of them not all!! hhhhhhhhhhh I know we had many changes but I'm fine with them and I'm sure Sam Meak Jong's achievements would be there and won't diminushed so I'm fine!! 

I'm not sure but as I remember "Empress Ki" changed some facts like the time of Emperor Ta Hwan's death (he died younger in the drama) and "Monlight lovers" changed the death fact of the Crown Prince Lee Young to my great pleasure :D but that was based on a manhwa not only historical figure!! 

I didn't watch the "Queen Seondeok" but heard great things about it and there is Yoo Seung Ho there and as you enjoy historical dramas I think you'll enjoy it!! 

hhhhhhhhhhh well our King will grow prettier for sure!! :wink::wub: 

11 hours ago, nurlayla said:

like someone mentioned before, YW is smart. he is kind of who observe and just sit back if his comrade get into the fight with each other. maybe he is not physically strong (never see his fight scene) but he is good in analyzing. pd-nim, we need him til the end as he'll become a good minister to assist Wang.

SH is definitely care for his chinggu (BR) he was shocked when BR was injured. i like it when they now care for each other. they'll become a strong companion along the King to protect Silla from enemies.

I agree with you!! they'll be great support to the King and Han Sung too!! he's smart but not into fights so he can help in the intellectual developement!! :D

8 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

The queen hurt herself in front of the commandant and the way he showed concern and stop the bleeding, it s obvious that he s smitten with her. The queen clearly knows the men's attraction to her. On the contrary i cant imagine why no girl is smitten with his son in the drama.

About one of the hwarang who didnt make it, i am guessing suho cos he s in love with someone he cannot have and probably sacrifice himself to save ban ryu sos his sister can have happy ending? He s always  so care toward his sister.

yes I agree with you!! 

reading alone about one of our boys' death makes my heart hurt!! let's not think about that!! let's hope the'll all make it safe and sound and happy!! *puppyeyes*

8 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

Anyone celebrating Chinese New Year here? Wishing all a Happy and a Prosperous New Year!

not celebrating it but Happy Chineese New Year to you and all those celebrating it!! :) 

6 hours ago, Random_Fangurl said:

I have known PSJ since Witch Romance, despite the dragging plot, that's the drama I like him the best in :wub:

I also like him in She Was Pretty, everybody was falling for Siwon yet I was falling for him, hahaha :tongue:

I was falling for him too!! :wub: 

4 hours ago, gwkzz said:

*gulp*

If one of them died, then I would just say.... this is sageuk after all....

*pray harder for our boys' safety.... all of them...*

Anyway, @furu.vu217 chingu! Glad to find fellow history buff like you hahaha.... do watch Queen Seondeok! A hardcore sageuk with lots of killing, lots of battle, unfulfilled love, tragic ending, but satisfying glory nonetheless. And don't forget: the Hwarangs!!! Long episodes, though. Oh, Queen Seodeok was the granddaughter of King Jinheung hehehe.... and she was one of the three queens that ever had ruled Shilla.

praying with you!!

OH MY!! you crushed my soul chingu!! I know I'll never be able to watch it!! :blink: *gasp* I'm happy with my Hwarang!! :wub: 

46 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

New BTS :wub:

thank you so much for the BTS!! :wub: hhhhhhhhhhhh Park Seo Joon wearing sunglasses was hillarious!! :lol: and he had fun with Park Hyung Shik!! love bromance and it's better when it's in real life!! :wub: 

20 minutes ago, Killa92 said:

Anneyeong Chinggu :wink: Whoa now I am kinda worried what will happen next? I was kinda shouted when I watch the cliff hanger Sun Woo put his Sword on Jidwi and said is Jidwi the king ? Hope everything will be fine. Well I kinda like their bromance & friendship:

annyeong chingu!! :D

I was gasping for air the entire scene chingu!! :confounded: I'm rooting for their bromance and I'm waiting for them to protect each other from the danger heading toward them!! 

love how he won and everyone was happy for him and hate the evil minister believe he's the King and from the second Sun Woo was smiling his "why would you care" smile!! :confounded:

KBS preview of episode 13 :D 

• Like 8

awwwww I love this fan art!! :wub: 

cr: owner

DRAMA REACTIONS & REVIEWS
Top 10 idol-actors in dramaland
by DB Staff | January 27, 2017 | 146 Comments

read here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/top-10-idol-actors-in-dramaland/

9. Park Hyung-shik

top10_parkhyungshik.jpgHeadsNo2: Maybe it says something that I didn’t know Park Hyung-shik was an idol until he showed up on this list—I’d pegged him for another rising young actor, working his way up from child (Nine), supporting (What’s With This Family), and now adult roles (High Society, Hwarang). High Society was where I took note of him, as he took to his privileged yet oh-so-tortured chaebol character like a duck to water. He took what could have been a cookie-cutter rich boy and turned him into someone constantly struggling with his inferiority complex, his chaebol family’s expectations, and his conflicted feelings toward his best friend and the girl he loved. He was able to portray both the warm and sweet side of the character, as well as the cold and calculating monster he could be, which isn’t too different from the conflicted character he’s portraying in the currently airing Hwarang. Perhaps it’s because he can play that fine line between two extremes so well that he’s in another role that requires him to hide his true nature, though when it shows, it shows. Watching him switch from looking pitifully in love to commanding the room with his presence certainly had me sitting up to listen, and wanting to see him in more sageuk—though maybe as the leading man next time.

We recommend: Nine, What’s With This Family, High Society, Hwarang

I'm one of those who thought he was a rising actor when I 1st saw him/heared of him in High Society only to realise he's actually an idol turned actor and I can say he's one of the best idol-actors for sure and he's awesome as the faceless King who's growing to earn his rightful place and become a great King and he's an actor to look forward to!! :thumbsup::wub: 

• Like 12

How is high society ?

Is phs acting nice there??? I liked him soo much in hwarang eventhough I started watching because of park seo joon I fell for him:flushed:

Coz I remember him as myung soo in heirs :D

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, athena22 said:

How is high society ?

Is phs acting nice there??? I liked him soo much in hwarang eventhough I started watching because of park seo joon I fell for him:flushed:

Spoiler

I didn't watch that drama yet but saw many of his scenes and I loved him there and was shocked that he's actually an idol-actor and shocked more that he was that cute-funny kid with Kim Woo Bin in Heirs!! :lol: 

as for the drama from what I read people loved his part of the drama with his love interest more than the other main leads which wasn't that interesting for them (though I love Sung Joon-the main male lead)!! that drama had two love lignes with two OTPs!!

:wub:

cr: hwarang.gallery

:cold_sweat:

cr:  madu_starlight 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, athena22 said:

How is high society ?

I only see some his clip cut in High Society. He's so good & super handsome too but i don't like his partner lol :rolleyes:

And PHS won Excellent Actor (miniseries) SBS Drama Awards 2015 for his role in this drama :wink: It's so great because he's actor idol right :wub:

This gif/scene reminds me his Myungsoo in The Heirs :D

source.gif

Happy Lunar New Year everyone :blush:

• Like 4

“Hwarang” To Combine First 12 Episodes Into A Lunar New Year Special

Hwarang

KBS is set to air a special edition of their Monday-Tuesday drama “Hwarang.”

KBS 2TV will be taking the first 12 episodes and condensing them into a 150-minute special that will be aired on January 30 at 12:35 p.m. KST.

This is seen as a strategy to bolster viewership ratings for episode 13, which will air at 10 p.m. KST on the same night.

With SBS’s “Romantic Doctor Kim” scoring ratings over 20 percent every episode, “Hwarang” was up against a strong contender from the start. However, the SBS drama ended on January 23, and “Hwarang” has begun to flourish, starting by breaking the 10 percent mark.

Park Hyung Sik Park Seo Jun

The staff stated, “Our upcoming ‘Lunar New Year Special, Binge-watch Hwarang’ program will combine the most important scenes from the first 12 episodes into one episode. Viewers who missed out on some of the episodes will be able to catch up in this 150-minute special that is sure to be fun and enjoyable.”

Why not join in and have a binge-watch session of “Hwarang” yourself?

read here: https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/27/hwarang-combine-first-12-episodes-lunar-new-year-special/

I'll be watching it for sure!! :w00t::wub: hope the rating will increase too!! Hwarang Fighting!! :heart: 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

awwwww I love this fan art!! :wub: 

DRAMA REACTIONS & REVIEWS
Top 10 idol-actors in dramaland
by DB Staff | January 27, 2017 | 146 Comments

read here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/top-10-idol-actors-in-dramaland/

9. Park Hyung-shik

HeadsNo2: Maybe it says something that I didn’t know Park Hyung-shik was an idol until he showed up on this list—I’d pegged him for another rising young actor, working his way up from child (Nine), supporting (What’s With This Family), and now adult roles (High Society, Hwarang). High Society was where I took note of him, as he took to his privileged yet oh-so-tortured chaebol character like a duck to water. He took what could have been a cookie-cutter rich boy and turned him into someone constantly struggling with his inferiority complex, his chaebol family’s expectations, and his conflicted feelings toward his best friend and the girl he loved. He was able to portray both the warm and sweet side of the character, as well as the cold and calculating monster he could be, which isn’t too different from the conflicted character he’s portraying in the currently airing Hwarang. Perhaps it’s because he can play that fine line between two extremes so well that he’s in another role that requires him to hide his true nature, though when it shows, it shows. Watching him switch from looking pitifully in love to commanding the room with his presence certainly had me sitting up to listen, and wanting to see him in more sageuk—though maybe as the leading man next time.

We recommend: Nine, What’s With This Family, High Society, Hwarang

I'm one of those who thought he was a rising actor when I 1st saw him/heared of him in High Society only to realise he's actually an idol turned actor and I can say he's one of the best idol-actors for sure and he's awesome as the faceless King who's growing to earn his rightful place and become a great King and he's an actor to look forward to!! :thumbsup::wub: 

Yayyy!! Nice to see Park Hyung Sik on the list because he truly deserves it, he came so far :wub: I've seen many idol actors and I think it's safe to say Park Hyung Sik is one of the good idol actors~  I first discovered him in What Happens To My Family and immediately fell for him then I watched him in High Society, and he didn't fail with his acting, then Hwarang and he's doing an excellent job and finally he landed his first lead role with Park bo young :) I'm so proud of him for coming this far~

1 hour ago, athena22 said:

How is high society ?

Spoiler

Ahh High Society, the drama I enjoyed watching the second lead couple more then the first lead couples.,. Personally I enjoyed it and Park Hyung Sik's chemistry with Lim Ji Yeon is on fireee. PHS plays a rich chaebol that's a mommy boys so his personality may be frustrating at times in the drama, but oh boy you could just see how he feels about Lim Ji Yeon's character. They are an adorable couple. I think his acting is great, as usual, in this drama and there's one scene in the drama that just breaks your heart for his character. He really is immense in his character and personality. I say if you want to watch High Society because of Park Hyung Sik, go for it~

• Like 6

5 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

New BTS :wub:

Thanks for sharing!! I really wanted to see that bts because of their bromance :love:

5 hours ago, Killa92 said:

I am wondering the same thing....but I feel that Moo Myung won't kill SMJ, even though he is king. Their friendship has come this far and at this point they both like each other :wub: I hope Moo Myung won't be angry for too long and him and SMJ have a heartfelt talk and SMJ Stella him the truth~

9 hours ago, Random_Fangurl said:

Try it, it's really good! I like the story and the side characters! Especially the first 10 episodes is too good, tee hee! :D

Hehe, I think I will try it :D It has Hwang Jung Eum and she was from KMHM as well!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sakura2016 said:

Modern look vs Hwarang look!! :wub: 

Well...handsome men r always handsome...in any styling :wub:.. prefer PSJ maybe coz he's older and it shows among them :wink:

Wonder how will end scene between king&SW...i would prefer if they come to kind of agreement to deal with situation later rather then king deny his identity and SW to believe

• Like 9

1 hour ago, zagigirl said:

Well...handsome men r always handsome...in any styling :wub:.. prefer PSJ maybe coz he's older and it shows among them :wink:

Wonder how will end scene between king&SW...i would prefer if they come to kind of agreement to deal with situation later rather then king deny his identity and SW to believe

hi chingu!! long time no see, happy to see you here again!! :D 

hhhhhhhhhhhhh agree with you!! and I'm with you on Park Seo Joon!! :wub::wink: 

I can't see Sun Woo making any agreement actually!! all he can see right now is Mak Moon's last moments in his arms so it's either Maek Jong will deny who he really is (which I don't think he'll do) or Ah Ro or someone else break that moment between them (I'm more into this posibility) and he'll be forced to wait for his answer with the attack they'll be facing and the war they'll need to surpass at the moment!! 

found this!! cute!! :wub: 

cr: pwner

and I love this moment!! :wub: 

I want more and more of bromance moments!! :wub: 

• Like 8

56 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

hi chingu!! long time no see, happy to see you here again!! :D 

hhhhhhhhhhhhh agree with you!! and I'm with you on Park Seo Joon!! :wub::wink: 

I can't see Sun Woo making any agreement actually!! all he can see right now is Mak Moon's last moments in his arms so it's either Maek Jong will deny who he really is (which I don't think he'll do) or Ah Ro or someone else break that moment between them (I'm more into this posibility) and he'll be forced to wait for his answer with the attack they'll be facing and the war they'll need to surpass at the moment!! 

Had  a busy last few days grrrrrr

I think will be hard for SW...was easy without a face to hate...but now when he knows king as a person...and i want SW to know he does not remember it right...it was coz of king but commandant killed AR's brother on queen's order not king's

Don't see SW as a patient man...unless he changes his mind...uhhhhh 2.5 more days

One thing i didn't like...from preview seemed OTP story will go back and forth...i would prefer if they have a steady course...hiding the truth from whom ever they have to but with clear and strong bond between them...hope AR won't start to cry on king's shoulder and SW to mess with princess

Think i have to count on BR and his girl for sweet scene next ep :wub:

• Like 6

hDY29zN.png?1

I just I liked him in ep 12

Minhooooooooooo SooHo-Rang beautiful

bubHu4k.png?1

Spoiler

JiBoICo.png?1

pjCsC7W.png?1

9NBCBoW.png?1

bubHu4k.png?1

NyWV5vp.png?1

my heart goes dugum dugum

but...

why the Queen??????????

6IBbVbn.png?1

• Like 8

1 hour ago, carmens said:

I just I liked him in ep 12

Minhooooooooooo SooHo-Rang beautiful

True :)...me to don't like his obsession with the queen...there r so many girls there...why she?...queen should of have love line with her commandant :angry:...she is his weak spot anyway

..and i prefer him without earrings :wink:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, zagigirl said:

I think Park seo Joon, park hyung sik, Choi min ho, do Ji Han, Kim tae hy-who am I kidding, they all look handsome in their modern vs Hwarang look :love:

Had  a busy last few days grrrrrr

I was wondering where you were at! Welcome back though :)

• Like 4

I think will be hard for SW...was easy without a face to hate...but now when he knows king as a person...and i want SW to know he does not remember it right...it was coz of king but commandant killed AR's brother on queen's order not king's

Don't see SW as a patient man...unless he changes his mind...uhhhhh 2.5 more days

One thing i didn't like...from preview seemed OTP story will go back and forth...i would prefer if they have a steady course...hiding the truth from whom ever they have to but with clear and strong bond between them...hope AR won't start to cry on king's shoulder and SW to mess with princess

Agreed, I don't think Moo Myung is going to forgive Sam Maek Jong immediately. I think he'll be mad at SMJ for awhile, but I hope they'll make up soon because their bromance is stealing the spotlight :love:

And yeah, seeing the preview it seems as though Moo Myung is ignoring Aro or something. I was thinking it could be because MM found out that Aro knew SMJ was king or somebody else brought up that he's angry at himself for not doing anything SMJ, since he thinks SMJ was the one that murdered Mak Moon....

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, ferily said:

Agreed, I don't think Moo Myung is going to forgive Sam Maek Jong immediately. I think he'll be mad at SMJ for awhile, but I hope they'll make up soon because their bromance is stealing the spotlight :love:

And yeah, seeing the preview it seems as though Moo Myung is ignoring Aro or something. I was thinking it could be because MM found out that Aro knew SMJ was king or somebody else brought up that he's angry at himself for not doing anything SMJ, since he thinks SMJ was the one that murdered Mak Moon....

Well he might be mad coz she didn't tell him about king...or at himself coz of mixed feelings twds taking revange after he finds out who king really is...or guilty coz of father...but if he wanted to stay away from AR he shouldn't of kiss her...he could of pretend he didn't hear her...would be more fair then giving her cold showers every now and then...i'm just afraid they might drag their love story till last ep :(

• Like 7