[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

I was rewatching Hwarang episodes and oh man, Pa Oh and Sam Maek Jong's scenes just get to me :lol: Pa Oh is so hilarious! I love their relationship so much and hope nothing bad will happen to them. I crack up every time SMJ is like what the heck are you doing here when Pa Oh is assigned as his helper, especially when Pa Oh says he is 22 years old :joy: I just had to come here and mention this because it is just too funny. If you guys ever need a good laugh, that scene is a good scene to go to :D

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

I'm in the Lunar New Year holiday & rewatch all Hwarang eps :lol: And  i must praise his gorgeous beside his acting again :wub: Why he looks so beautiful ??? Sometimes i think he's better looking than all the actresses in the drama lol :D

True, he's too pretty sometimes, especially when he's in hanbok with his hair down :D

6 minutes ago, Random_Fangurl said:

True, he's too pretty sometimes, especially when he's in hanbok with his hair down :D

He is just too handsome :wub: But oh my. Rewatching some of my favorite scenes, Park Seo Joon is starting to get my attention too. I always knew him from KMHM and Running Man episodes, but he's starting to catch my eye in this drama too :scream: I am starting to like him more than I did before........he is handsome too.....

9 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

I'm in the Lunar New Year holiday & rewatch all Hwarang eps :lol: And  i must praise his gorgeous beside his acting again :wub: Why he looks so beautiful ??? Sometimes i think he's better looking than all the actresses in the drama lol :D

too gorgeous lol my friend cant even watch this drama because of his beauty make her jealous :lol:

Just go Tumblr and i find this interesting post. This is so detailed & I want to share you :rolleyes:

Hwarang - History Revealed

Spoiler

Sageuk dramas are known for taking a substantial creative licence in regards of history - the cause of death is almost always different (unless it’s something notorically known as Jang Ok Jung’s poisoning), a king with a harem is faithful to only one woman, half of female figures turn into warrior princesses … - it’s understandable since it’s an adaptation of history not a documentary; however, THERE ARE RULES THAT SAGEUK DOES NOT BREAK - history cannot be changed, people need to be killed, kings need to do great deeds for which modern Koreans remember them and people need to die, and all of it needs to happen at the exact dates or with a 1-2 year divergence at most due to narrative purposes. Hwarang breaks them all. The show takes such liberties with history that rather than an adaption it’s actually a parallel universe or something similar since the only things left intact are the names, some family relations and the year 551 when Queen Ji So’s reign as regent ended. Now, to illustrate the issue let’s break down the most substantial historical inaccuracies and liberties featured in the drama so far:

King Beopheung, Maekjong’s uncle, had been killed while defending his palace against invaders.

• King Beopheung died at a ripe old age by 6th century standards, 53, while living the final days of his life as a monk in a monastery. The cause of his death is unknown.

Lord Hwi Kyung is Queen Ji So’s elder brother who used to have a claim on the throne.

• Lord Hwi Kyung is a completely fictional character. The real King Beopheung himself abdicated in Maekjong’s favour and became a monk during the final year of his life, DYING WITHOUT LEGITIMATE SONS (meaning his surviving sons were illegitimate = no claim to the throne). There has never been any doubt about Jinheung’s claim to the throne - he was Beopheung’s grandson AND nephew - Ji So was actually Beopheung’s daughter who married her uncle Galmun, Beopheung’s younger brother. Thus, Jinheung was A SACRED BONE on both sides.

Queen Ji So founded Hwarang in 551 and Jinheung attended it

• Hwarang was founded by Jinheung himself in 576 during the final year of his reign. It’s one of his greatest achievement together with conquering more than a half of Korean Peninsula. 

Park Young Shil plotted to kill the king

• Killing him would be counterproductive - his daughter married Jinheung and became his Queen Sado. Their descendants ruled Silla for hundred of years.

Woo Reuk taught at Hwarang

• Woo Reuk came to Silla only in 551, fleeing from Gaya in fear of annexation, and gave Jinheung the gayageum (an instrument that had been developed in Gaya mere years ago). After that Jinheung became Woo Reuk’s patron.

Kim Yeo Wool is the son of the former king’s sister

• A completely fictional character. The writer used the fact that King Beopheung had a daughter about who no historical facts were known and created a finctional son for her, Kim Yeo Wool.

Cre: http://dreamingsnowflake2013.tumblr.com/post/156238447754/hwarang-history-revealed

I'm fine with others because i understand this writer shows a lack of experience in writing a full drama & she never written an actual drama before.

But because I'm always interested in history & search about historical documents after watching a drama. And Jinheung is my fav character (thanks to PHS's great portrayal :wub:) So i think i'll be mad if they do wrong about his legitimate heir & his achievements . I talked about this issue before, but after reading this post I feel should be talk again lol :rolleyes: Hope they do not distort too much history.

P/S: Should i watch "Queen Seondeok" to know more about Silla lol :D ? Veteran actor Lee Soon Jae make a cameo with King Jinheung' role in ep 1. He's my fav actor too :wub:

I found this & make me laugh so hard :D

Spoiler

tumblr_ok0tcc8eTM1s8t96qo2_r2_540.giftumblr_ok0tcc8eTM1s8t96qo1_540.gif

Ruling Silla is hard

15 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

cr: owner

hhhhhhhhhhhhh

cr: owner

like someone mentioned before, YW is smart. he is kind of who observe and just sit back if his comrade get into the fight with each other. maybe he is not physically strong (never see his fight scene) but he is good in analyzing. pd-nim, we need him til the end as he'll become a good minister to assist Wang.

SH is definitely care for his chinggu (BR) he was shocked when BR was injured. i like it when they now care for each other. they'll become a strong companion along the King to protect Silla from enemies.

30 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

Just go Tumblr and i find this interesting post. This is so detailed & I want to share you :rolleyes:

Reveal hidden contents

Sageuk dramas are known for taking a substantial creative licence in regards of history - the cause of death is almost always different (unless it’s something notorically known as Jang Ok Jung’s poisoning), a king with a harem is faithful to only one woman, half of female figures turn into warrior princesses … - it’s understandable since it’s an adaptation of history not a documentary; however, THERE ARE RULES THAT SAGEUK DOES NOT BREAK - history cannot be changed, people need to be killed, kings need to do great deeds for which modern Koreans remember them and people need to die, and all of it needs to happen at the exact dates or with a 1-2 year divergence at most due to narrative purposes. Hwarang breaks them all. The show takes such liberties with history that rather than an adaption it’s actually a parallel universe or something similar since the only things left intact are the names, some family relations and the year 551 when Queen Ji So’s reign as regent ended. Now, to illustrate the issue let’s break down the most substantial historical inaccuracies and liberties featured in the drama so far:

King Beopheung, Maekjong’s uncle, had been killed while defending his palace against invaders.

• King Beopheung died at a ripe old age by 6th century standards, 53, while living the final days of his life as a monk in a monastery. The cause of his death is unknown.

Lord Hwi Kyung is Queen Ji So’s elder brother who used to have a claim on the throne.

• Lord Hwi Kyung is a completely fictional character. The real King Beopheung himself abdicated in Maekjong’s favour and became a monk during the final year of his life, DYING WITHOUT LEGITIMATE SONS (meaning his surviving sons were illegitimate = no claim to the throne). There has never been any doubt about Jinheung’s claim to the throne - he was Beopheung’s grandson AND nephew - Ji So was actually Beopheung’s daughter who married her uncle Galmun, Beopheung’s younger brother. Thus, Jinheung was A SACRED BONE on both sides.

• Hwarang was founded by Jinheung himself in 576 during the final year of his reign. It’s one of his greatest achievement together with conquering more than a half of Korean Peninsula. 

• Killing him would be counterproductive - his daughter married Jinheung and became his Queen Sado. Their descendants ruled Silla for hundred of years.

• Woo Reuk came to Silla only in 551, fleeing from Gaya in fear of annexation, and gave Jinheung the gayageum (an instrument that had been developed in Gaya mere years ago). After that Jinheung became Woo Reuk’s patron.

• A completely fictional character. The writer used the fact that King Beopheung had a daughter about who no historical facts were known and created a finctional son for her, Kim Yeo Wool.

Cre: http://dreamingsnowflake2013.tumblr.com/post/156238447754/hwarang-history-revealed

I'm fine with others because i understand this writer shows a lack of experience in writing a full drama & she never written an actual drama before.

But because I'm always interested in history & search about historical documents after watching a drama. And Jinheung is my fav character (thanks to PHS's great portrait :wub:) So i think i'll be mad if they do wrong about his legitimate heir. I talked about this issue before, but after reading this post I feel should be talk again lol :rolleyes: Hope they do not distort too much history.

P/S: Should i watch "Queen Seondeok" to know more about Silla lol :D ? Veteran actor Lee Soon Jae make a cameo with King Jinheung' role in ep 1. He's my fav actor too :wub:

Wow, thank you for sharing the Hwarang History with us @furu.vu217! I think things sort of makes sense. I know that many saegeuks do not follow history 100%. Of course the characters are based off of historically important figures back in those dynasty, but I do know that saegeuks are always making fictional characters~ I knew Hwarang brought in some fictional characters in the drama :) I don't think the writer will distort history though. Personally, I like how the writer is taking the drama with history and I'm somebody who doesn't mind if they don't follow the history 100%. As long as it's not too crazy, like killing off a King in a drama or historically important figure would be overboard ^_^

14 minutes ago, ferily said:

Wow, thank you for sharing the Hwarang History with us @furu.vu217! I think things sort of makes sense. I know that many saegeuks do not follow history 100%. Of course the characters are based off of historically important figures back in those dynasty, but I do know that saegeuks are always making fictional characters~ I knew Hwarang brought in some fictional characters in the drama :) I don't think the writer will distort history though. Personally, I like how the writer is taking the drama with history and I'm somebody who doesn't mind if they don't follow the history 100%. As long as it's not too crazy, like killing off a King in a drama or historically important figure would be overboard ^_^

Yep, as i said, i'm fine with others (fictional characters,...) but it should not affect or distort so much with the real character in history, especially Great King did great deeds for nation.

As the tumbler said "THERE ARE RULES THAT SAGEUK DOES NOT BREAK - history cannot be changed, people need to be killed, kings need to do great deeds for which modern Koreans remember them and people need to die, and all of it needs to happen at the exact dates or with a 1-2 year divergence at most due to narrative purposes." I think that's absolutely correct. Despite the fictional, still have to follow the rules.

3 hours ago, ferily said:

I was rewatching Hwarang episodes and oh man, Pa Oh and Sam Maek Jong's scenes just get to me :lol: Pa Oh is so hilarious! I love their relationship so much and hope nothing bad will happen to them. I crack up every time SMJ is like what the heck are you doing here when Pa Oh is assigned as his helper, especially when Pa Oh says he is 22 years old :joy: I just had to come here and mention this because it is just too funny. If you guys ever need a good laugh, that scene is a good scene to go to :D

Yes!!!! The scenes between these two are definitely some of my favorites! :lol: They're what I look forward to when I need a good laugh on a bad day :D And yes, I also love their strong relationship. They act like playful brothers all the time! :lol: I couldn't stop laughing when he claimed he was 22 years old!!! He's a special "22 year old" :joy:

Aww, i find this interesting post too. Yahhh, i love reading stuff like this :wub:

THE REAL KING JINHEUNG (534 - 576) & HIS REIGN (540 - 576)

source.gif

Spoiler
  • Silla (57 BC – 935 AD) was one of the Three Kingdoms of Korea, and one of the world’s longest sustained dynasties. Founded by King Park Hyeokgeose, the dynasty was ruled by three feuding royal families: The Park, Kim and Seok clans, though it was the Gyeongju Kim (김, 金) clan which hold the throne for most of Silla’s 992-year history.
  • King Jinheung’s last name was Kim and his first name was Sammaekjong (삼맥종) or Simmaekbu (심맥부)
  • He was born in 534 as the grandson of King Jijeung (지증) 
  • His father was King Galmun (갈문), the younger brother of King Beopheung (법흥) and his mother Lady Ji So, Beopheung’s daughter. This is another example of consanguine marriage where a niece marries her uncle. Thus, Jinheung was a Sacred Bone on both sides. (Jinheung’s father was a mere prince, not an actual king, however, the title is given posthumously to those whose son’s become kings even though they never ascended the throne themselves)
  • King Galmun acted on behalf of King Beopheung during the final period of his reign, because Beopheung abdicated in the favour of his grandson and nephew Jinheung. However, he died within one year. In reality, it was Lady Jiso who held the power.
  • After her husband’s death she married three times. One of her husbands/lovers was General Yisabu, the father of Princess Sookmyung.
  • Jinheung succeeded the throne in 540 and became the 24th monarch of the Silla Dynasty when his predecessor King Beopheung, died without a legitimate son. Jinheung was too young to rule the nation, so his mother, Lady Jiso acted as regent for ten years. (Hwarang takes place in 551, the final year of her regency)
  • His Queen Consort was Sado, the daughter of Park Young Shil (Ban Ryu’s adoptive father).
  • He also had 6 concubines/consorts, one of which was his half-sister Princess Sookmyung.
  • However, his most famous concubine was Lady Mishil who then became a concubine of his son, King Jinji, and later of his grandson, King Jinpyeong. She was Queen Sado’s niece.
  • Jinheung was known to be shrewd politician, great strategist and military general
  • He tripled the size of Silla’s territory with his military achievements
  • In 551, he allied with Baekje to attack the northern Korean empire of Goguryeo and conquered the Han river. The kingdoms of Baekje and Silla had agreed to divide the conquered territory equally between them, but in 553, Jinheung allied with Goguryeo and attacked Baekje. In 561, Jinheung sent General Yisabu to conquer Gaya, consolidating Silla’s hold on southeastern Korea.
  • Jinheung was a patron of Master Woo Reuk, one of the three great musicians of Korean history,who composed music for the gayageum (Korean twelve-stringed zither).
  • In 576 (during the final year of his life) at the age of 42, IT WAS HE WHO CREATED HWARANG (화랑), so called Flower Youth, an organization for aristocratic youth which developed into a form of knighthood and later played an important role in unifying the Three Kingdoms.

Cre: http://dreamingsnowflake2013.tumblr.com/post/156244482049/the-real-king-jinheung-and-his-reign-534-576#tumblr_notes

17 hours ago, gwkzz said:

Hell yeaaaah!!! I want my badass princess..... not a bad princess..... pleaaaaaasee..... I mean, how could you come on to someone you just shot with your arrow like that??? And to think that she will somehow ended up with King Jingheung... brrrrrr..... she is too pretty to be evil....

I can't remember she seduced the guard (was it the commandant that you refer to here?). Did I miss something? Anyway, I think the commandant is cool hahaha

Ah chingu! Finally I found someone who took notice of the BGM! Yes! Yes! Yes! I do, too, love the BGM when Master We Hwa kneel before SMJ!!! You can feel the grandeur of the presence of a royalty there... and how it was overwhelming for SMJ (as per my last post, this one is my favorite scene).... my guess is that they are gonna use it again when SMJ ascended the throne because that was one BGM particularly made for a king :wub:

Another BGM I fond of was the one played during the scene when SW picked up AR's shoe at the river leading to their sweet convo. At first I thought they are gonna use wendy' & seulgi's song as usual, but then they played that BGM instead. If wendy's song give away "cheerful and cute moment" feeling, this BGM give away a kind of romantic feel to it. And my heart was just melt right there and then. It's not the kiss that seal their deal. It's SW confession that he didn't forget [the kiss]. Oh I am in heaven!!!

The queen hurt herself in front of the commandant and the way he showed concern and stop the bleeding, it s obvious that he s smitten with her. The queen clearly knows the men's attraction to her. On the contrary i cant imagine why no girl is smitten with his son in the drama.

About one of the hwarang who didnt make it, i am guessing suho cos he s in love with someone he cannot have and probably sacrifice himself to save ban ryu sos his sister can have happy ending? He s always  so care toward his sister.

3 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

Yep, as i said, i'm fine with others (fictional characters,...) but it should not affect or distort so much with the real character in history, especially Great King did great deeds for nation.

As the tumbler said "THERE ARE RULES THAT SAGEUK DOES NOT BREAK - history cannot be changed, people need to be killed, kings need to do great deeds for which modern Koreans remember them and people need to die, and all of it needs to happen at the exact dates or with a 1-2 year divergence at most due to narrative purposes." I think that's absolutely correct. Despite the fictional, still have to follow the rules.

Haha yeah I agree with that statement too! Even though it is a fictional saegeuk, it'll be strange to see the drama go completely off course and distort the character's based off of real people in history. Writers and directors that do saeguk dramas have to follow some rules still, like you already said

2 hours ago, emiry32 said:

Yes!!!! The scenes between these two are definitely some of my favorites! :lol: They're what I look forward to when I need a good laugh on a bad day :D And yes, I also love their strong relationship. They act like playful brothers all the time! :lol: I couldn't stop laughing when he claimed he was 22 years old!!! He's a special "22 year old" :joy:

Haha, yes... And he pokes his cheeks with his two index fingers saying he looks young :joy: He's 22 years old on the inside :)

2 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

Aww, i find this interesting post too. Yahhh, i love reading stuff like this :wub:

THE REAL KING JINHEUNG (534 - 576) & HIS REIGN (540 - 576)

Reveal hidden contents
  • Silla (57 BC – 935 AD) was one of the Three Kingdoms of Korea, and one of the world’s longest sustained dynasties. Founded by King Park Hyeokgeose, the dynasty was ruled by three feuding royal families: The Park, Kim and Seok clans, though it was the Gyeongju Kim (김, 金) clan which hold the throne for most of Silla’s 992-year history.
  • King Jinheung’s last name was Kim and his first name was Sammaekjong (삼맥종) or Simmaekbu (심맥부)
  • He was born in 534 as the grandson of King Jijeung (지증) 
  • His father was King Galmun (갈문), the younger brother of King Beopheung (법흥) and his mother Lady Ji So, Beopheung’s daughter. This is another example of consanguine marriage where a niece marries her uncle. Thus, Jinheung was a Sacred Bone on both sides. (Jinheung’s father was a mere prince, not an actual king, however, the title is given posthumously to those whose son’s become kings even though they never ascended the throne themselves)
  • King Galmun acted on behalf of King Beopheung during the final period of his reign, because Beopheung abdicated in the favour of his grandson and nephew Jinheung. However, he died within one year. In reality, it was Lady Jiso who held the power.
  • After her husband’s death she married three times. One of her husbands/lovers was General Yisabu, the father of Princess Sookmyung.
  • Jinheung succeeded the throne in 540 and became the 24th monarch of the Silla Dynasty when his predecessor King Beopheung, died without a legitimate son. Jinheung was too young to rule the nation, so his mother, Lady Jiso acted as regent for ten years. (Hwarang takes place in 551, the final year of her regency)
  • His Queen Consort was Sado, the daughter of Park Young Shil (Ban Ryu’s adoptive father).
  • He also had 6 concubines/consorts, one of which was his half-sister Princess Sookmyung.
  • However, his most famous concubine was Lady Mishil who then became a concubine of his son, King Jinji, and later of his grandson, King Jinpyeong. She was Queen Sado’s niece.
  • Jinheung was known to be shrewd politician, great strategist and military general
  • He tripled the size of Silla’s territory with his military achievements
  • In 551, he allied with Baekje to attack the northern Korean empire of Goguryeo and conquered the Han river. The kingdoms of Baekje and Silla had agreed to divide the conquered territory equally between them, but in 553, Jinheung allied with Goguryeo and attacked Baekje. In 561, Jinheung sent General Yisabu to conquer Gaya, consolidating Silla’s hold on southeastern Korea.
  • Jinheung was a patron of Master Woo Reuk, one of the three great musicians of Korean history,who composed music for the gayageum (Korean twelve-stringed zither).
  • In 576 (during the final year of his life) at the age of 42, IT WAS HE WHO CREATED HWARANG (화랑), so called Flower Youth, an organization for aristocratic youth which developed into a form of knighthood and later played an important role in unifying the Three Kingdoms.

Cre: http://dreamingsnowflake2013.tumblr.com/post/156244482049/the-real-king-jinheung-and-his-reign-534-576#tumblr_notes

Huh that's really interesting to read about the real King Jinheung. I never knew these facts about him... Thanks for sharing again :) We can see that the approach of making Hwarang in the drama isn't according to history, but I like the plotline so far :D 

5 hours ago, ferily said:

He is just too handsome :wub: But oh my. Rewatching some of my favorite scenes, Park Seo Joon is starting to get my attention too. I always knew him from KMHM and Running Man episodes, but he's starting to catch my eye in this drama too :scream: I am starting to like him more than I did before........he is handsome too.....

I have known PSJ since Witch Romance, despite the dragging plot, that's the drama I like him the best in :wub:

I also like him in She Was Pretty, everybody was falling for Siwon yet I was falling for him, hahaha :tongue:

52 minutes ago, Random_Fangurl said:

I have known PSJ since Witch Romance, despite the dragging plot, that's the drama I like him the best in :wub:

I also like him in She Was Pretty, everybody was falling for Siwon yet I was falling for him, hahaha :tongue:

I kind of want to watch She Was Pretty just for Park Seo Joon (and Hwang Jung Eum) because my goodness, is is catching my eye....so handsome. I love his little smiles and smirks in Hwarang :wub:

54 minutes ago, ferily said:

I kind of want to watch She Was Pretty just for Park Seo Joon (and Hwang Jung Eum) because my goodness, is is catching my eye....so handsome. I love his little smiles and smirks in Hwarang :wub:

Try it, it's really good! I like the story and the side characters! Especially the first 10 episodes is too good, tee hee! :D

18 hours ago, ferily said:

19 hours ago, crazyyo said:

Guys is this true that one of the hwarang might die in the end? :unsure::cold_sweat:

I hope none of the Hwarang die in the end :scream: That'll be such a shocking ending if one of the Hwarang did, but I can't imagine this drama having that type of vibe... It could be that they excluded Yeowool from that photo since he does comes out in the drama a little bit later since that photo is showing when the first episode airs.  Lets not assume things yet and wait :D

*gulp*

If one of them died, then I would just say.... this is sageuk after all....

*pray harder for our boys' safety.... all of them...*

Anyway, @furu.vu217 chingu! Glad to find fellow history buff like you hahaha.... do watch Queen Seondeok! A hardcore sageuk with lots of killing, lots of battle, unfulfilled love, tragic ending, but satisfying glory nonetheless. And don't forget: the Hwarangs!!! Long episodes, though. Oh, Queen Seodeok was the granddaughter of King Jinheung hehehe.... and she was one of the three queens that ever had ruled Shilla.

Anneyeong Chinggu :wink: Whoa now I am kinda worried what will happen next? I was kinda shouted when I watch the cliff hanger Sun Woo put his Sword on Jidwi and said is Jidwi the king ? Hope everything will be fine. Well I kinda like their bromance & friendship:

14 hours ago, pangia said:

Here another vid I made for our SWEET OTP! LOVING THEM SO MUCH! 

thank you sooooooooo much for the MV!! it's soooooooooooooo beautiful!! :heart: 

though when the song said we can be like Romeo and Juliette I was "thank you, let's not go there"!! :lol: 

13 hours ago, ferily said:

hhhhhhhhhh yes!! I love them together and I love how much he cares for Maek Jong like no one of his family dooes!! hope he'll always be there with him!!

12 hours ago, Random_Fangurl said:

yes!! :wub: 

12 hours ago, ferily said:

happy to hear/read that!!:wub::tongue: 

11 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

Hide contents

But because I'm always interested in history & search about historical documents after watching a drama. And Jinheung is my fav character (thanks to PHS's great portrait :wub:) So i think i'll be mad if they do wrong about his legitimate heir & his achievements . I talked about this issue before, but after reading this post I feel should be talk again lol :rolleyes: Hope they do not distort too much history.

thank you so much for your post!! I knew some of them not all!! hhhhhhhhhhh I know we had many changes but I'm fine with them and I'm sure Sam Meak Jong's achievements would be there and won't diminushed so I'm fine!! 

I'm not sure but as I remember "Empress Ki" changed some facts like the time of Emperor Ta Hwan's death (he died younger in the drama) and "Monlight lovers" changed the death fact of the Crown Prince Lee Young to my great pleasure :D but that was based on a manhwa not only historical figure!! 

I didn't watch the "Queen Seondeok" but heard great things about it and there is Yoo Seung Ho there and as you enjoy historical dramas I think you'll enjoy it!! 

hhhhhhhhhhh well our King will grow prettier for sure!! :wink::wub: 

11 hours ago, nurlayla said:

like someone mentioned before, YW is smart. he is kind of who observe and just sit back if his comrade get into the fight with each other. maybe he is not physically strong (never see his fight scene) but he is good in analyzing. pd-nim, we need him til the end as he'll become a good minister to assist Wang.

SH is definitely care for his chinggu (BR) he was shocked when BR was injured. i like it when they now care for each other. they'll become a strong companion along the King to protect Silla from enemies.

I agree with you!! they'll be great support to the King and Han Sung too!! he's smart but not into fights so he can help in the intellectual developement!! :D

8 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

The queen hurt herself in front of the commandant and the way he showed concern and stop the bleeding, it s obvious that he s smitten with her. The queen clearly knows the men's attraction to her. On the contrary i cant imagine why no girl is smitten with his son in the drama.

About one of the hwarang who didnt make it, i am guessing suho cos he s in love with someone he cannot have and probably sacrifice himself to save ban ryu sos his sister can have happy ending? He s always  so care toward his sister.

yes I agree with you!! 

reading alone about one of our boys' death makes my heart hurt!! let's not think about that!! let's hope the'll all make it safe and sound and happy!! *puppyeyes*

8 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

Anyone celebrating Chinese New Year here? Wishing all a Happy and a Prosperous New Year!

not celebrating it but Happy Chineese New Year to you and all those celebrating it!! :) 

6 hours ago, Random_Fangurl said:

I was falling for him too!! :wub: 

4 hours ago, gwkzz said:

*gulp*

If one of them died, then I would just say.... this is sageuk after all....

*pray harder for our boys' safety.... all of them...*

Anyway, @furu.vu217 chingu! Glad to find fellow history buff like you hahaha.... do watch Queen Seondeok! A hardcore sageuk with lots of killing, lots of battle, unfulfilled love, tragic ending, but satisfying glory nonetheless. And don't forget: the Hwarangs!!! Long episodes, though. Oh, Queen Seodeok was the granddaughter of King Jinheung hehehe.... and she was one of the three queens that ever had ruled Shilla.

praying with you!!

OH MY!! you crushed my soul chingu!! I know I'll never be able to watch it!! :blink: *gasp* I'm happy with my Hwarang!! :wub: 

46 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

New BTS :wub:

thank you so much for the BTS!! :wub: hhhhhhhhhhhh Park Seo Joon wearing sunglasses was hillarious!! :lol: and he had fun with Park Hyung Shik!! love bromance and it's better when it's in real life!! :wub: 

20 minutes ago, Killa92 said:

Anneyeong Chinggu :wink: Whoa now I am kinda worried what will happen next? I was kinda shouted when I watch the cliff hanger Sun Woo put his Sword on Jidwi and said is Jidwi the king ? Hope everything will be fine. Well I kinda like their bromance & friendship:

annyeong chingu!! :D

I was gasping for air the entire scene chingu!! :confounded: I'm rooting for their bromance and I'm waiting for them to protect each other from the danger heading toward them!! 

love how he won and everyone was happy for him and hate the evil minister believe he's the King and from the second Sun Woo was smiling his "why would you care" smile!! :confounded:

KBS preview of episode 13 :D 

Archived