[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

whoever did the musical scoring during ahro and sunwoo's scene with phs's song must be a sadist. i was like NO... that's smj and ahro's song! give sw and ahro another theme.

really liked the convo between ah ro and smj regarding her not outing him, no matter how short their convo is. it shows that she already cares about him somewhat.

really happy about the budding friendship between sw and smj, though the last part was such a cliffhanger. perhaps ahro would intervene?

too bad that this drama is pre produced and the pairings can no longer be swapped. i really like the chemistry between smj and ah ro. phs and ara really have great chemistry both on and off screen. same goes for sw and the princess, they have great chemistry. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, jjoy84 said:

whoever did the musical scoring during ahro and sunwoo's scene with phs's song must be a sadist. i was like NO... that's smj and ahro's song! give sw and ahro another theme.

really liked the convo between ah ro and smj regarding her not outing him, no matter how short their convo is. it shows that she already cares about him somewhat.

really happy about the budding friendship between sw and smj, though the last part was such a cliffhanger. perhaps ahro would intervene?

too bad that this drama is pre produced and the pairings can no longer be swapped. i really like the chemistry between smj and ah ro. phs and ara really have great chemistry both on and off screen. same goes for sw and the princess, they have great chemistry. 

Hahaha I was laughing at that part, I'm not a sadist tho, it was kind of hilarious :D

Even if it's not preproduced, idk if the lead can still be switched or not, it's very rare this happens in k-drama, but yeah there are dramas where 2nd lead win the girl in the end (dream high, and reply 1988 is the only show I know this happen)

Although I liked these two last episodes, I find that the plot is unfolding too slowly, , knowing that the king is within Hwarang is sure a big reveal but the whole Sun woo being mistaken for the King thing was predictible I hope they're not intending to rush important elements at the final episodes, This Drama lackes a lot of caracter development we do need an exclusive episode that takes place in the past so we'll know better (like Jidwi's relationship with his mother  as a child and how he dealed with his situation of being the Faceless king , Sunwoo's mysterious past and how he became friend with mark moon...Master Ahn ji's story with the queen and how he ended up losing his wife and son)

Related imagehwarang-the-beginning-casts.pngth?id=OIP.HQdaPlV1TqkaaMGSFjiUDgEsC7&pid=15.1&P=0&w=258&h=162Related imageRelated image

Forgive me, this may be a little off topic but what I love about Hwarang is the very fact that there are so many options and by that I mean so many paths in which you can choose to follow.  So many amazing characters with so many different personalities and traits and individual stories.  To the point that I wish this was a daily just so the writer could expound upon each one their backgrounds their relationships giving us a closer look at who they are.  There are so many love stories within this story and to be honest I really wish there was more time to see them all.  I can think of at least 6 some are one sided, some are in the past and some are just starting.  But each one different!

The Hwarang are a lot like us here on this thread all different from all walks of life, different ages and different ideas.  Just like the Hwarang pulled together for a common reason or cause.  It's what makes them unique and us as well.  Personally I mostly write about the OTP and now that I think about it I guess I mostly always do on other threads too.  It's my fault in that I am truly a romantic fool and I mean that in all honesty. :wub:  It doesn't mean I don't appreciate all the other characters because I really do.  It's just for me easier to write about what moves my heart and allows me to feel something.  I would say everyone here has their own reasons for why & what they post.  I do however wish to say I respect all thoughts even if they are different from mine.  In fact I often wish there was one button a LIKE ALL on Soompi.  Not because I don't want to take the time to read each one far from it but because no matter what I read whether I agree or not my first thought is it's their thoughts and they deserve my respect. I don't often have the time to like everything or even read everything another fault of mine in being like a butterfly enjoying more than one thread & drama...  Not to mention those where I lurk because sometimes it's nice to sit back and enjoy the ride no writing, no analyzing, just enjoying and soaking up what everyone else sees and feels...

I said all of that to say, this thread was created for a purpose the sharing of thoughts, ideas, feelings and views of what was and is unique to each of us.  While on this journey together experiencing Hwarang: The Beginning.   Differences that when brought together form a place where we can learn, grow and even change.  Because of what we read, see and feel and to me that in itself is pretty amazing at least to this country girl.  Love to all of you and I am thankful that were different each and every one...

But I am also thankful that we have something in common our love for drama and Hwarang being one of them...:wub:

Finally finished watching the subbed version and when I was rather neutral about Princess Sookmyung, now I am starting to think that she's a psychopath. So sadistic she is that she wants to see lots of blood in the Hwarang sparring. And from the preview, I hate the way she's making advances at Sun Woo. She reminds me of Yeon Hwa. It's nice that we finally have some background on Han Sung's family. Suk family (which used to be one of the Silla ruling family) in tattered condition and Han Sung having to bear the weight of his family honour.

I have to fast forward the SuHo and queen's part. I can't watch it. Exactly how many men does she wants to seduce? Ahn Ji Gong, the guard and now SuHo.. she's the madonna of Silla.

Can I say I just fall in love with the background music now? My favourite is the tense music when SMJ rescued Ah Ro in the palace (same as the one during SW figured out Ji Dwi is the King). Second favourite is a new one, when Master We Hwa kneel to SMJ. Third, is the music during sword practice between HS and his brother.

Spoiler

To someone who i will not name,

I understand if you don't like someone but to keep reiterating one thing all the time is beyond me.

I thought of just ignoring you but i felt compelled to answer because i was one of 'those people' and the way you addressed us didn't sit well with me. Maybe i'm just too sensitive but i think you really crossed the line this time. It was a personal attack already. 

Let's just agree to disagree, please?

:smile::heart:

16 hours ago, Yongzura said:

After watching it again, it looks like BR was not his usual self when faced with SH.  Most probably the news that his adoptive father wanted him to become the King, affected him so much.  He is not interested in just following what is being asked of him.  This is also the reason why he was too preoccupied when SH's sister came to see him.

p.s Off for now...

I'm sorry for the late reply but my laptop died and I'm using my sister's since she's not using it now!! :tongue: hihihi 

it's not easy to be told that they're planning in making you a king and it's by getting rid (killing) the current one!! :blink: add to it despite their bickering they grew to care for each other!! if it was in old days they'd be happy to show off their swords fighting skills and prove themselves as Hwarangs (but still won't try to kill each other) and Ban Ryu would have got angry by Soo Ho's wound and stricked harder in return but here there was no anger nor satisfaction from either side but there was concern!! even Sun Woo and Meak Jong got worried when Ban Ryu got slightly stabbed!! they'd act indifferent, fight and bicker but they care for each other which I'm happy to see and the chief was happy to see as well!! :wub:

the scene I hate the most!! my bromance!! :confounded: :scream:

cr:  hwarang_kdrama 

Sun Woo's smile itself terrified me because it was obvious it was of him laughing at Maek Jong's "meaningless/late" concern being the one who killed his friend and almost him!!:heartbreak:

drama vs webtoon moments!! so cute!! :lol::wub: 

cr:  amenavafra 

this is the webtoon's 11th chapter!! hhhhhhhhhh so cute!! :wub: 

https://page.kakao.com/viewer?productId=49417198&categoryUid=10&subCategoryUid=1000&navi=1&inkatalk=0&inChannel=0

On 1/24/2017 at 10:08 PM, cpy95 said:

I suspect its the king or lord from baekje? cause there is some there is some talk on it in the preview (if i got it correctly) but needa wait for subs and next week to confirm it

Requoting @cpy95, could he be King Seong or his crown prince, Wideok of Baekje, long term enemies of King Jinheung?

42 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

Finally finished watching the subbed version and when I was rather neutral about Princess Sookmyung, now I am starting to think that she's a psychopath. So sadistic she is that she wants to see lots of blood in the Hwarang sparring. And from the preview, I hate the way she's making advances at Sun Woo. She reminds me of Yeon Hwa. It's nice that we finally have some background on Han Sung's family. Suk family (which used to be one of the Silla ruling family) in tattered condition and Han Sung having to bear the weight of his family honour.

I have to fast forward the SuHo and queen's part. I can't watch it. Exactly how many men does she wants to seduce? Ahn Ji Gong, the guard and now SuHo.. she's the madonna of Silla.

Can I say I just fall in love with the background music now? My favourite is the tense music when SMJ rescued Ah Ro in the palace (same as the one during SW figured out Ji Dwi is the King). Second favourite is a new one, when Master We Hwa kneel to SMJ. Third, is the music during sword practice between HS and his brother.

I agree with you!! what kind of a person want to see blood shead for training purpose?!! :blink: and the way she talked to Ah Ro ^puting the blame on her for apsetting the Queen that she deserved to die in return and it's like she's telling her there will be more times to come? :blink: and she wants her to be her servent not personal physician and looks down on her only for being half breed!! hate her!! :rage: 

you can see me screaming and pulling my hair everytime he thinks about her or be around her!! ahhhhhhhhh Soo Hooooooo!! :confounded:

yes yes yes!! me too!! they were GREAT!! :heart: 

1 hour ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Spoiler

Forgive me, this may be a little off topic but what I love about Hwarang is the very fact that there are so many options and by that I mean so many paths in which you can choose to follow.  So many amazing characters with so many different personalities and traits and individual stories.  To the point that I wish this was a daily just so the writer could expound upon each one their backgrounds their relationships giving us a closer look at who they are.  There are so many love stories within this story and to be honest I really wish there was more time to see them all.  I can think of at least 6 some are one sided, some are in the past and some are just starting.  But each one different!

The Hwarang are a lot like us here on this thread all different from all walks of life, different ages and different ideas.  Just like the Hwarang pulled together for a common reason or cause.  It's what makes them unique and us as well.  Personally I mostly write about the OTP and now that I think about it I guess I mostly always do on other threads too.  It's my fault in that I am truly a romantic fool and I mean that in all honesty. :wub:  It doesn't mean I don't appreciate all the other characters because I really do.  It's just for me easier to write about what moves my heart and allows me to feel something.  I would say everyone here has their own reasons for why & what they post.  I do however wish to say I respect all thoughts even if they are different from mine.  In fact I often wish there was one button a LIKE ALL on Soompi.  Not because I don't want to take the time to read each one far from it but because no matter what I read whether I agree or not my first thought is it's their thoughts and they deserve my respect. I don't often have the time to like everything or even read everything another fault of mine in being like a butterfly enjoying more than one thread & drama...  Not to mention those where I lurk because sometimes it's nice to sit back and enjoy the ride no writing, no analyzing, just enjoying and soaking up what everyone else sees and feels...

I said all of that to say, this thread was created for a purpose the sharing of thoughts, ideas, feelings and views of what was and is unique to each of us.  While on this journey together experiencing Hwarang: The Beginning.   Differences that when brought together form a place where we can learn, grow and even change.  Because of what we read, see and feel and to me that in itself is pretty amazing at least to this country girl.  Love to all of you and I am thankful that were different each and every one...

But I am also thankful that we have something in common our love for drama and Hwarang being one of them...:wub:

can't say more!! :thumbsup::heart:

3 hours ago, nassyra said:

Although I liked these two last episodes, I find that the plot is unfolding too slowly, , knowing that the king is within Hwarang is sure a big reveal but the whole Sun woo being mistaken for the King thing was predictible I hope they're not intending to rushing important elements at the final episodes, This Drama laCkes a lot of caracter development we do need an exclusive episode that takes place in the past so we'll know better (like Jidwi's relationship with his mother  as a child and how he dealed with his situation of being the Faceless , Sunwoo's mysterious past and how he became friend with mark moon...Master Ahn ji's story with the queen and how he ended up losing his wife and son)

yes I knew that Sun Woo would be mistaken by Maek Jong's ennemies as the King :confounded: but didn't think the other Hwarangs would mistake him too so it was a great twist for me seeing them running around and showing respect :lol: I loved how they were happy for his win against the evil minister's guard though I don't know if it was happiness that "their King" won? or their Hwarang's pride was saved by him kig or not? but anyway I loved it!! :wub: 

4 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

Based on the spoiler from Hwarang ptb, i think SMJ will come out and suddenly appear before the Queen & court with We Hwa's help :huh: But maybe after the war, about ep 16 - 17 :wink:

Hide contents

I'm waiting for this moment!! want to see their faes going pale at the sight of him!! :naughty:

cr: amenavafra

I wanted BOTH and got BOTH!! hhhhhhhhhh :heart::w00t: 

cr: owner

1- one more maniac who's after blood!! well there was no history with full peaceful kingdome!! :blink: 

2- why is Sun Woo mad at Ah Ro? "narrow-minded"?!! about what?!! hmmmmm

3- so he'll let the Priness train his sword's fight?!! but I wanted to slap her face when she told him he came by her side!! oh, he's only training to get stronger to get his revenge not by your side you dillusional!! ugh

4- don't worry Peaha you'll be a Great King!! :) 

5- where did evil minister send Ban Ryu?!! I know I can trust Ban Ryu but what is that evil minster's plans?!! :confounded:

6- 1st "cheek" kiss between Ban Ryu and Soo Yeon!! :wub: :w00t:

Ok, it's almost midnite here and I was just finishing epi 12. Haven't been to this thread since yesterday, so forgive me if I blabber redundant things. I'll try to keep it short, though.

This is one tough episode. Intense. Not much smiles from our beloved boys, but we did get some touching moments. Our boys seems to be finally befriended one another. Soo Ho vs. Banryu was a solid proof that they are grown as hwarang, as Master Wihwa intended them to be. "They know better than killing unnecessarily," was Master Wihwa's comment when the princess was disgusted at SooHoo for not killing Banryu who was already wounded. And the love Danse showed to Hansung.... simply wonderful in their own way.

And the bromance between our leading boys!!! Oh man... don't get me started! JD being the only hwarang who seemed not to be bothered by the rumour about SW being the king (yeah, he KNOWS only too well that SW is NOT the king :wink:). JD who showed his concern about his wound. JD even sang a silly song to make SW laugh :D. He is one sweet guy, really. But his burden is far too heavy. I think SW already make some guesses about the probability of JD being the king. And that very probability is making him torn apart. I think SW, too, consider JD as his good friend despite his interest in his "sister" (which pretty much complicate things a little bit too much).  So, if JD confess to SW about his true identity, I don't think SW would kill him as that easily, if not at all. The preview, the cliffhanger.... ooooh....  I am very very anxious to see where and how things will go between our boys. 

But I also had some good laugh. I love it how PaOh said 'chingu' to Danse after harassing that no-good spy of Master Park. That scene was hilarious from the start! Or both scene of Master Wihwa and Pi Ju Ki. They are the comic reliefs we all need in such intense episode. Oooooh I think I should say that I am in love with Master Wi Hwa!!! Hahahaha.

My favorite scene: Master Wi Hwa kneel before King Jinheung. He was the first person, ani, the first of his object who kneel voluntarily before him, acknowledging his true identity and accepting it as such. And we got to see how uneasy JD was to receive such gesture. Compare it to the moment when the commandant kneel when he ordered him to. PHS just nailed it, again.

My other favorite scene: SW hugging AR with PHS's song in the background. The scene itself was not too special, though it can quench our thirst for our OTP moment that almost nonexistent in this episode. But playing that particular song at its background was pure cruelty!!! I was sooooo sorry for PHS fans all over the world ^_^

Ok for now. Off to bed!

2 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

There are so many love stories within this story and to be honest I really wish there was more time to see them all.  I can think of at least 6 some are one sided, some are in the past and some are just starting.  But each one different!

Dear @USAFarmgirl, what a loving thought and lovely words as always.  Your words comfort me after being scolded unnecessarily :wink: Some times can't help myself but give a response to those who I feel I can share some information.

Me too, just like what you have written "like a butterfly enjoying more than one thread & drama"..  and there were time also when I just watched quietly enjoying the writer's creation without any criticism, any judgement etc.  After two of my favourite dramas ended, I'm left with "Hwarang" at the moment focussing on it and enjoying the story and all the characters.  [Have been eyeing another drama since one other favourite actor of mine is in it... but will do it later]

"Hwarang" is the best analogy to describe us here. Thank you again for the beautiful post.

1 hour ago, sakura2016 said:

I'm sorry for the late reply but my laptop died and I'm using my sister's since she's not using it now!! :tongue: hihihi 

it's not easy to be told that they're planning in making you a king and it's by getting rid (killing) the current one!! :blink: add to it despite their bickering they grew to care for each other!! if it was in old days they'd be happy to show off their swords fighting skills and prove themselves as Hwarangs (but still won't try to kill each other) and Ban Ryu would have got angry by Soo Ho's wound and stricked harder in return but here there was no anger nor satisfaction from either side but there was concern!! even Sun Woo and Meak Jong got worried when Ban Ryu got slightly stabbed!! they'd act indifferent, fight and bicker but they care for each other which I'm happy to see and the chief was happy to see as well!! :wub:

Yes, the exchanged look in their eyes when BR and SH were "fighting" with each other tells us a lot.  No words are needed for them to communicate at that moment.  Agree to what you have written "they have grown to care for each other" that include our main leads.

It will change soon... [searching for their photo from future episode]

34 minutes ago, gwkzz said:

Ok, it's almost midnite here and I was just finishing epi 12. Haven't been to this thread since yesterday, so forgive me if I blabber redundant things. I'll try to keep it short, though.

This is one tough episode. Intense. Not much smiles from our beloved boys, but we did get some touching moments. Our boys seems to be finally befriended one another. Soo Ho vs. Banryu was a solid proof that they are grown as hwarang, as Master Wihwa intended them to be. "They know better than killing unnecessarily," was Master Wihwa's comment when the princess was disgusted at SooHoo for not killing Banryu who was already wounded. And the love Danse showed to Hansung.... simply wonderful in their own way.

yes I loved that moment!! they couldn't fight against each other and the concern was there!! loved it!! :wub: 

and I feel really sorry for Han Sung and his hyung!! they love each other but their family's distiction between them makes it hard for them!! :( 

And the bromance between our leading boys!!! Oh man... don't get me started! JD being the only hwarang who seemed not to be bothered by the rumour about SW being the king (yeah, he KNOWS only too well that SW is NOT the king :wink:). JD who showed his concern about his wound. JD even sang a silly song to make SW laugh :D. He is one sweet guy, really. But his burden is far too heavy. I think SW already make some guesses about the probability of JD being the king. And that very probability is making him torn apart. I think SW, too, consider JD as his good friend despite his interest in his "sister" (which pretty much complicate things a little bit too much).  So, if JD confess to SW about his true identity, I don't think SW would kill him as that easily, if not at all. The preview, the cliffhanger.... ooooh....  I am very very anxious to see where and how things will go between our boys. 

this episode I was a bull of nerve terrified at every second Sun Woo eyes Maek Jong and think of the King!! :crazy: and the moment Maek Jong started singing teasing him made me laugh and breathe for a moment for the broken tention between my bromance OTP!! :wub: but the way I see it, if Maek Jong reveal he's the King to Sun Woo right now, I can see Sun Woo stricking him!! he may/will shake because he grow to like him but his pain and grief over Mak Moon's traumatising death is bigger right now!! he needs to know him more as a person and know more about the King's life and the truth behind Mak Moon's death for his anger to lower!! :confounded:

But I also had some good laugh. I love it how PaOh said 'chingu' to Danse after harassing that no-good spy of Master Park. That scene was hilarious from the start! Or both scene of Master Wihwa and Pi Ju Ki. They are the comic reliefs we all need in such intense episode. Oooooh I think I should say that I am in love with Master Wi Hwa!!! Hahahaha.

hhhhhhhhh yes I loved it!! "call us "hyung" from now on"!! :lol: 

and the chief excited happy smile for Sun Woo's win then trying to hold himself infront of the Princess and other officials!! :lol: 

My favorite scene: Master Wi Hwa kneel before King Jinheung. He was the first person, ani, the first of his object who kneel voluntarily before him, acknowledging his true identity and accepting it as such. And we got to see how uneasy JD was to receive such gesture. Compare it to the moment when the commandant kneel when he ordered him to. PHS just nailed it, again.

that scene was great and the music when the chief kneeled to Maek Jong calling him Peaha!! *goosebumps* 

My other favorite scene: SW hugging AR with PHS's song in the background. The scene itself was not too special, though it can quench our thirst for our OTP moment that almost nonexistent in this episode. But playing that particular song at its background was pure cruelty!!! I was sooooo sorry for PHS fans all over the world ^_^

Ok for now. Off to bed!

yes we had that one moment but it was so sweet!! :wub: 

I can't really chose one favorit moment but I can add the sword fighting scene between Sun Woo and that bodyguard!! that was a great, intens and satisfying moment and how everyone was just like us worried then releaved and cheering for Sun Woo's win!! :wub::w00t: and the face-off between Sun Woo and Maek Jong which sends me shivering of fear but it was a grezat charged moment between these two!! 

sweet dreams chingu!! :wub: 

DRAMA RECAPS

Hwarang: Episode 12

by LollyPip | January 25, 2017 | 12 Comments

Hwarang12-00164a.jpg

The funny thing about secrets is, once one of them is out in the open, it can begin a cascade of more and more truths that quickly grows out of control. Things can change in a flash when friends start looking at each other as potential enemies. One little rumor can change the course of history, though it’s still too soon to know if it will be for the better or worse.

28_hwarang1.jpg

EPISODE 12 RECAP

read here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/hwarang-episode-12/

I hate to say this but I am disappointed in this drama.  I am trying to hang in there, but I was looking forward to more action and less fluff.  It would appear that they will have to rush the ending and I hate rushed endings. I am going to tune out and tune back in at episode 15.  Hopefully by then, the story will be about the struggle for throne between the Queen Mother, the rotten nobles and the King and him taking his rightful place.  From my perspective, the Queen asking AR's father to go along with SW being the fake king, or she will kill AR, is an unnecessary story line; it puts SW and AR in danger and to me, adds nothing beneficial to the plot.  Once everyone thinks SW is the king, will that cause a power struggle between, SW and the king for the throne?  Will AR's father, the disabled heir to the throne, their cohorts, try to wrestle power from the real king.  What about Ban-ryu and his step-father's ambition to put him on the throne?   There are other plot lines that could have been used to move the story forward.  At this point SW and AR can have each other, put the real king on the throne.  

14 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

Dear @USAFarmgirl, what a loving thought and lovely words as always.  Your words comfort me after being scolded unnecessarily :wink: Some times can't help myself but give a response to those who I feel I can share some information.

Me too, just like what you have written "like a butterfly enjoying more than one thread & drama"..  and there were time also when I just watched quietly enjoying the writer's creation without any criticism, any judgement etc.  After two of my favourite dramas ended, I'm left with "Hwarang" at the moment focussing on it and enjoying the story and all the characters.  [Have been eyeing another drama since one other favourite actor of mine is in it... but will do it later]

"Hwarang" is the best analogy to describe us here. Thank you again for the beautiful post.

2 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

Yes, the exchanged look in their eyes when BR and SH were "fighting" with each other tells us a lot.  No words are needed for them to communicate at that moment.  Agree to what you have written "they have grown to care for each other" that include our main leads.

It will change soon... [searching for their photo from future episode]

that's exactly me right now!! :D 

I'm waiting for that chingu!! *sigh*

“HWARANG” EPISODE 13 PREVIEW AND WEEK 6 THOUGHTS

HwarangEp13Prevheader-690x400.jpg

read here: http://couch-kimchi.com/2017/01/24/hwarang-episode-13-preview-and-week-6-thoughts/

HwarangEp13Prev-7.jpg

Spoiler

HwarangEp13Prev-6.jpg

cr: Uploader

15 hours ago, silvianage said:

How come master Woo reuk is nowhere to be seen in the hwarang house?

And why is Hwi Kyung Kong in An Ji Gong House? I thought he wants Sun Woo/Mo Myung to live quitely but he is oke with the queen wants SW/MM become SMJ shield?

Do you all think An Ji Gong already realize SW/MM identity or not?

Hopefully they will reveal it next week so the rest of the episode can focus on Hwarang and the King development becoming the greatest ruller of Silla 

I really don't know!! but I think that they're trying to get rid of her and thus her horrible plans!!

really don't know!! :confounded:

don't think so!! 

13 hours ago, notohaterfans said:

I marathoned this drama last week, and i don't expect to be hook (i don't really watch, saeguk) but now, i think i'm hooked... that i need people to talk to.. hahaha

Master Ji Dwi is giving me a second lead syndrome.... i hope Sun Woo will find out soon that it's not him who killed Mak Moon, its frustrating every time he thinks to harm Ji Dwi... Dude, that guy treating you as friend.. Looking forward for our Hwarangs to fight together against whoever trying to destroy Silla.

I like it that Chief found out that Ji Dwi is the king and Ji Dwi has someone who can rely on as he prepare himself to be the king.

I like Ji Dwi for Aro more than Sun Woo but i know it will not happen so i'll just be rooting for Ji Dwi and Sun Woo's bromance hahaha

happy you decided to start it and enjoying it like we do!! welcome to Hwarang's thread chingu!! :D

hope so too!! :confounded: but well we can't blame him since no one can let go and forgive the one who killed his friend for no reason!!

yes!! I'm happy for that!!

we all reuinite on the bromance!! :D:wub: 

more drama vs webtoon!! cute!! :wub: 

Spoiler

cr: amenavafra

12 hours ago, lyserose said:

Please pardon him but he is a young man, who just revealed himself to the world, having been sent to exile, knowing that he is the king but not the one to actually rules. Despite his appearance, the boy is actually pretty naive. In the first half, he wanted to become King because he thought, that is his birth right. Then he entered Hwarang, mixed up with those boys and the people whom are not aware that he is the King and he began to have his eyes opened to a wider perspective. You could tell the difference when he explained on the Tao Te Ching's assignment and how he welcomed Sun Woo's point of view and trying to relate to his words, as how he explained to his mom later that night. As he grows inside the Hwarang's house, he also actually realized that it takes more than just his birth right to install himself on the throne. He does not have the support system yet and he is aware that he has much more to learn and to prepare himself for. He is conflicted and that is why he does not feel ready to become the King just yet. Rightfully, he was doing the right thing warning his mom and his sister and we all know he is still powerless but I believe, if being forced in a situation, he definitely could rise above the occasion even with the lack of support. I agree that the Mom and the sister could not care less of his warnings but I disagree that he would do nothing when the situation forced him to.

Yes!! +1000 on what you said about Sam Maek Jong. 

11 hours ago, notohaterfans said:

That's one of my reason why I visited this thread,  to find people who understand me and people whom I can relate with,  sorry if we give you headache but I don't have plan to stop..

I like his character...and I hope he will not turn into an evil king and destroy sun who out of jealousy. 

Same here :heart: I love all the discussions that goes on in this thread and it's not ony about SMJ but about other characters too

11 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

I know. I am hoping too that Moo Myung won't be soo disappointed about it when the truth comes out. Also hopefully, Sam Maek Jong will be the rightful king he is, he'll help Moo Myung get revenge on his friend (Kwang Soo)

Their bromance is too adorable. I'm happy all the bromance is starting. That's all I was waiting for. :lol:

The bromance is what melts my heart~ I'm loving how it's picking up and we're getting super adorable bromance scenes :lol: I have been waiting for the bromance to start!

11 hours ago, lyserose said:

The thread is a platform for everything including gushing over the drama and some of the actors and characters in the drama. If you want to read more practical comments, probably Dramabeans is the best platform for you. You could hardly find people gushing over there which best suits you. I lurked there often and dropped comments once in a while but normally neutral. I have my fair share of gushing over Sammaekjong here, but sometimes, fangirling feel a lot nicer when more people joining the club. After all, we could not fangirling at Dramabeans, so where else could we do so other than here?

Agreed. Everyone has a right to say what they want on this thread. Dramabeans doesn't really have comments on there than the comments on this thread. I already said this before but I feel like Dramabeans comments are filled with so much criticism about the characters and actors so I stopped reading their comments :persevere:

10 hours ago, dani4lane said:

The problem is that you people only want to gush and talk about PHS/Sammaekjong. I see no discussions on the other characters or even the storyline that is taking place. It's like you all have tunnel vision and it's focused on just one character and one actor. This kind of behavior may have been acceptable in the Moon Lovers: Scarlet Hearts thread but it is not wanted here.  This drama is about the Hwarangs which features an ensemble cast and its not just about Sammaekjong and I feel that some of you tend to forget that when you only make comments about about him. It's utter crap and it isn't right, imho. If you only want to focus on PHS and SMJ then I advise you to go someplace else. 

I have been on this thread from the beginning and the discussions are not all about Sam Maek Jong like you are exaggerating. As I said before, everyone has the right to say what they want and who they want to talk about. It's not like every single people on this thread is only talking about SMJ, we have plenty of discussions about other character's as well. It's ironic how you say we all have a tunnel vision yet you're always coming on this thread to criticize us and bash on people talking about SMJ. Have you not been reading all the comments on the thread? I've seen plenty of other people talk about the other main characters and even the side leads. I think you're forgetting that this is an open discussion and people have the right to gush about any character. If you are only going to focus on bashing people talking about SMJ, then I advise you to go someplace else as well. We are constantly hearing the same thing from you, and people here are being generous. This is just my say about this because I am one of those people that keep hearing the same thing from you. Lets just respect each other and our opinions like @fionnoula said.

9 hours ago, Random_Fangurl said:

Well....... this is a Hwarang thread and Sam Maek Jong is one of the Hwarang so of course... fans of him as SMJ should discuss about him here lol, where else to discuss...? like... where? He's literally in this drama... :huh:

Idk why you're so bitter about the SMJ discussions, I've been lurking here for a while and there's a fair amount of Sun Woo, and other Hwarangs discussion also happens here (especially people whom is also liking Ban Ryu), and... people discuss what they want to discuss, and some people find SMJ character interesting so they discuss him, let's just accept each other opinion and move on, like come on... you complain about his character being whiny, while you're also whining about people talking about him, isn't it ironic? <_<

Same here. I've been here from the beginning and I definitely see other Hwarang discussions. Agree with everything you said

9 hours ago, lyserose said:

Just done full watching with SUBS.

I love how sturdy Sammaekjong is in his way of claiming the throne. The Queen Regent is sadistic. She wanted him to beg her for help and I am glad that he decided to take whatever obstacles coming his way. He will make a fine king someday.

I am happy that Aro did not do any mopping today and back to her strong-willed self when facing off with the princess. The princess kinda grossed me in a way especially when she seems to embrace the idea that Sun Woo could be her half-brother whom she knows would enter into a marriage with her. There's something romantic going on her part and she looked so happy to know that he could be her brother.

My favourite part is when We Hwa saluting the Ji Dwi. I really hope he will become a strong supporter of Ji Dwi on his way to the throne. And Yeowool is so clever, I am sure he could actually figured out who's the actual king except keeping the knowledge to himself. And I also enjoy the development of Hansung in this episode. My other favourite scene is between Suho and his sister. He may be mean towards her most of the time but I could feel so much love from him, being protective of his sister and how Soo Yeon clung to her brother is just too sweet.

I really loved the part where Wi Hwa bowed down to SMJ and told him he is King. :wub: I hope they can work together now and built up the Hwarang to be great and take down the Queen. Also I loved the focus on Hansung and his brother in this episode. It was nice to see development with the two of them :)

8 hours ago, jjoy84 said:

Haha, when I heard PHS's song during Aro and Moo Myung's scene, I was laughing a bit. It was ironic, huh? :lol:

6 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

Based on the spoiler from Hwarang ptb, i think SMJ will come out and suddenly appear before the Queen & court with We Hwa's help :huh: But maybe after the war, about ep 16 - 17 :wink:

Reveal hidden contents

C2gi5cqUkAEyxHS.jpgC2gi5cpUQAEOXkr.jpg

Oh my, these photo spoilers from the photobook :scream: Can't wait until that happens~

48 minutes ago, gwkzz said:

Ok for now. Off to bed!

I love how Sam Maek Jong is concerned for Moo Myung when he got injured and even teased him about poop :D I'm just loving this bromance~ I agree that Moo Myung must think of SMJ a good friend as well, hehe....

I'm loving Paoh and Hansung's brother moments together. Funny how Paoh is so much older but Hansung's hyung treat him as a friend :lol: I think he knows that Pa Oh is lying though.

Also Soo Ho and Ban Ryu moments. We are starting to see their hate for each other die down and starting to treat other as friends :wub: I feel like by the end of the drama, they're going to be best friends haha!

12 hours ago, fionnoula said:

@lyserose : agree with you 100%.

His Journey to be a great king of shilla and how the hwarang formed to support and back him up is the most interesting plot that I want to see in this drama, second to it would be the loveline between banryu and suho's sister and how that will impact both of their family with their different political aspiration and affiliation.

And I agree with several comments above and also from the other posts from netizen that the romance between ahro and ji dwi and between sunwoo and the princess will be more interesting to watch.

Chemistry is something that can't be explained but felt when we see two people interact with each others, or even only to be in the same space with each other...and I see that undercurrent chemistry ready to be explored and exploded between that two couple.

Ahro and ji dwi...she 's not afraid of him, she cares for him and she is able to read him precisely on why he become the faceless king.
Do you guys watch the way he kiss her ? with tears in his eyes...it was the first time he let his guard down, not putting a front and being fragile in front of another human being. He desperately want to lean on someone, who understand him and accept him..and ahro has that ability.:wub:

sunwoo and the princess.. the princess like him since their first meeting, and sunwoo is not afraid of her status. There's chemistry when they stand in front of each other, when sunwoo give her a warning not to do any harm to ah ro.
And look at the preview ..the way the princess smiles so beautifully in front of sunwoo. It's the first time we see the princess smile that way and I love that it sunwoo who make her smiles that wide :wub:.

I want to see more of this two couples, ottokee...^_^

ji dwi and ah ro good match,no doubt....but princess and sun woo...sun woo is too good for her.she has beauty but with evilness.her smile didbt made any effect on me.who will want phsyco like her who wants to see blood as a lover!cant blame queen for that...her brother is not like that,why she?and the way she insults everyone its irritating!cruelness is not something u cant help....its ur choice....

just bcz she likes sun woo doesn't make sence she is good.

12 hours ago, lyserose said:

I rewatched the episode with the SUBS. Thank goodness. I love that little moment between them especially when Aro told him "I looked everywhere for you.... " That sure meant a lot to SMJ, coming from the woman he loves.

Anyway, I don't quite understand when he told Aro "I imagined this moment countless time, but it is not that big of a deal. Could it be, because you are here?" I don't get this statement nor do I understand what he was implying on.

yes I agree!! and I think what he meant was that her being their beside him made him feel better and lifted some of the moment's "pressure" off him!! 

cr:  luuunalove

friends but not admitting it yet!! :D

cr:  isnahusain

love how he treated!! yahooo!! :naughty:

cr:  ryansharen

love this moment!! :wub: 

and I laughed at his joke!! hhhhhh it was sweet of him to try to make her laugh!! :wub: 

Archived