Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

I'm watching episode 3 now. Taek was envious of the other guys going on a trip. He even asked DS if her school was joining and he was staring at her. The next day when his father called him to eat, his father saw him reading the "notice" intently. When his dad picked it up, the background music was "Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You" and the part of the song being sung was "If I had to live my life without you near me, the days would all be empty, the nights would seem so long." It's Taek without DS, that's why he needed to drink sleeping pills because the nights just seem so long. We all know that Taek only got rid of the pills when he's finally at ease and sure that DS is his. She gives him peace of mind. 

• Like 18

So I know that this has been discussed before, but why does Taek leave the room when he sees her dancing with DR?  I know this has been discussed before but I have a different opinion.  I think he doesn't like DS to be so playful with the other boys, i.e. he gets jealous and possessive.  This is why in Ep. 20 he gets mad when DS is in the Karaoke place with her co-workers.  

• Like 8

4 hours ago, cooleet said:

I'm watching episode 3 now. Taek was envious of the other guys going on a trip. He even asked DS if her school was joining and he was staring at her. The next day when his father called him to eat, his father saw him reading the "notice" intently. When his dad picked it up, the background music was "Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You" and the part of the song being sung was "If I had to live my life without you near me, the days would all be empty, the nights would seem so long." It's Taek without DS, that's why he needed to drink sleeping pills because the nights just seem so long. We all know that Taek only got rid of the pills when he's finally at ease and sure that DS is his. She gives him peace of mind. 

Taek has always been a jealous creature. His eyes are only for DS and have been following her everywhere (in non intrusive way). I find it super sad that he finally got his peaceful night sleep after he made sure that DS is his woman. After all years building tolerance to the sleeping and headache drugs, DS is the ultimate balancing aspect in his life. He was lost without her, and I don't think he exaggerated it at all when he said that "without her, he feels like dying". 

tumblr_o17mcyeeio1r5iugro6_400.gif

• Like 18

I love how these kids are always bossing around Master Choi.  And how he always meekly obeys.  "Taek-ah, five ramyuns."  Can you imagine how horrified his baduk colleagues and fans would be to see that?  But at the same time, isn't it wonderful that he at least has those 4 to treat him like a kid still?  They're the only ones around whom he can still be a kid and who don't treat him with awe.  It must be hard to be treated like a god all the time.

• Like 11

7 hours ago, shooastrid said:

Everyone ready for Ep 3 Rewatch?

The episode reminds me of @packmule3's brilliant analyses back then, shifting our attention to the camera angle, and how our understanding now is richer. The nuance of the episode, whether TK was just jealous because he couldn't make it to the school trip, or was it because of him being jealous that DS had the trip with the boys? Look at HIS EYES guys.. His Eyes tells everything, and it resonates with Sun Woo's 'just look at the eyes" claim. It's been prepared since beginning. It's just TK did not know how to formulate this, but his eyes have followed DS everywhere. <3

His questions re. the field trip looked innocent, too. On the surface, it appeared like he was feeling envious of their school trip. But he pointedly asked DS if she was going too and he stared at her afterwards. When they discovered that his next tournament was to be in Tokyo, their trip to the country sounded…well… provincial in comparison.  The following day, his father saw him staring at field trip info sheet. 

Now, look at this whole scene through the eyes of an infatuated guy, like this: he discovered that DS was going on a school trip with guys and it bothered him. Suddenly, JH’s remark that he was “jealous” took on a totally different meaning. [And the choice of camera angle was brilliant here].  lol. 

And as we all know, this school trip in Episode 3 is when JH became first sexually aware of DS, and couldn’t sleep at night. 

Sorry to curtail your post,but great point shooastrid.I remember the first pic above also,as this was the first time the oddness of the 'frame' caught my eyes.First the camera panned on DS,then JH was included in the frame instantly in the next frame,it's like Taek was experiencing first time the comfort level/flexibility of these two together.As if they're involved in some kind of sharing,which TK is not part of.And his eyes lol,as if the silence is speaking volume here.

The second picture below is as if stating how he is hurt a bit/or sulking because he's not part of what they have.As he's always out,playing game in the world of adults.The root of jealousy started from here maybe lol,who knows..but the intimacy of the first picture is undeniable,and seeing from TK's face,one can tell how he does not like the fact that he's missing out..It's almost paralleling that scene from episode 20,when deok sun is having fun on her own in the karaoke night[or was it something else],and taek is out there at the door,with the expression of disapproval on his face lol.Now that I remember something always happened at the door between these two right?

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, Rebecca Susan said:

Anyone could help me how to change the image into url so i could post some pic on this forum?

Sorry maybe u already tired with this kind of questions.. I just dont get it how.. :tears:

I upload my image here http://postimage.org/ then resize it to 480. Just copy the direct link then paste away :D

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, nearsea said:

.I remember the first pic above also,as this was the first time the oddness of the 'frame' caught my eyes.First the camera panned on DS,then JH was included in the frame instantly in the next frame,it's like Taek was experiencing first time the comfort level/flexibility of these two together.As if they're involved in some kind of sharing,which TK is not part of.And his eyes lol,as if the silence is speaking volume here.

I love the subtlety of that scene.  It goes by really fast, so you if don't pay attention, you miss all that is being said without actually saying it. Also, right before that, when DS says "Taek-ah, if you arrived, you should have said so."  Do you notice how very slightly his eyebrows raise in response?  It's his very subtle inquiry- "Why, what's up, did you need something?"

• Like 9

Taek's room is like the axis of OT5's universe. It's like safe haven, their safe room. Their familiar territory, the place they always come back to even after they become adult and busy with their own things. It's soo touching that after 6 years, they still come back whenever they can to celebrate Taek's bday in his room just like reunion. The room is like mothers' womb, preparing them for the real life. The corresponding scene is when JH dad taught JH mom cycling, feels like our journey to adulthood.. Our parents taught us everything, gave us every means within their reach, and finally we will be able to set up for our own future.

The saddest part of all is when SW + TK family moving out of Ssangmundong, sealing the deal. The room has become empty, so the part where Ep 20 ended in DS's nostalgic journey back to his toom is very fitting.. T_T

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, pixiemoondust said:

I upload my image here http://postimage.org/ then resize it to 480. Just copy the direct link then paste away :D

You can also use Facebook. Upload the pictures there and click the choice that only you can see it if you don't want others to see it. You will be the only one who has access to it.

• Like 7

Watching 3 right now, anyone notice  when Deoksun states in the voiceover that she was having her first love, she laughs at the end of the statement? I wonder if she was laughing at her efforts or at Sunwoo's reaction to her geisha face. LOL.

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, shooastrid said:

Taek's room is like the axis of OT5's universe. It's like safe haven, their safe room. Their familiar territory, the place they always come back to even after they become adult and busy with their own things. It's soo touching that after 6 years, they still come back whenever they can to celebrate Taek's bday in his room just like reunion.

You know what?  It's become my safe haven too, LOL.  I love to go there whenever I can and whenever I have a hard day.  It gives me the warm fuzzies too.  I've officially declared myself the SSangmungdong 6th.  And this Taek room in this forum is my safe haven too. :) 

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, bubbles said:

Watching 3 right now, anyone notice  when Deoksun states in the voiceover that she was having her first love, she laughs at the end of the statement? I wonder if she was laughing at her efforts or at Sunwoo's reaction to her geisha face. LOL.

My interpretation is that she is laughing at herself for thinking that SW was her first love.  What a joke that was, she is thinking to herself.  In retrospect, she knows she never loved SW.

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, pixiemoondust said:

Ahaaaaa.. So simple and no need to login as blogger first as many googling result said and i find it hard bec i dont have any blog..

Shame on me lol.. Indeed the easiest way.. Gumawoooo chingguyaaa.. :wub:

just wanna share my newest fav pic from uri taekie which also my newest wallpaper for andro, tab, pc, laptop hahaha..

cr from parkbogumkr instagram.. ^^ 1st trial upload pic.. Lol :wub:

Have a nice dream all.. :heart:

parkbogumkr_12568763_822207354572019_180

• Like 16

16 minutes ago, bubbles said:

It almost sounds like a conspiracy, isn't it? not Monalisa's smile but Deoksoen's laugh.. lol.

If you haven't read @mangachickava's speculation on 1974 guys, you should! It's genius, and I got shivers from reading it. If it happens to be the next Reply's take indeed, then we all owe her Ramyun and Ddukbokki, lol. <3

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, fangurling123 said:

My interpretation is that she is laughing at herself for thinking that SW was her first love.  What a joke that was, she is thinking to herself.  In retrospect, she knows she never loved SW.

she laugh at the irony of the situation lol

@melissalawow many more awesome sigs <3

oh you mean we can use two picture for sig?

• Like 7

Guest aoikarin

I just watched ep.3 as scheduled :D

And again I feel sorry for DS who wanted badly to get her own my my walkman. First, she asked his dad to buy one from her, but her dad said to share it with Bora. When Bora told her dad his walkman was broken, her daddy without any argument agreed to buy Bora a new one. Clearly, she got different treatment from her dad compared to Bora. That's why DS can't get whatever she wants from her family. Poor  Duk Sun. Thank's God she had Taek now being her beloved husband who always compromised for her and let her do in her way, except crazy partying, drinking and being Wild rebellious DS. LOL

For color props.. Now i know why they throw lots of green yellow, Green -red-black (husband's color) during third episode. One of the color props appears is when DS waited for the boys to get off from their bus. I found out the bus has Green-Red & red black color. (The husband color).

tumblr_o24rec8MIR1to1fhoo3_r1_500.jpgtumblr_o24rec8MIR1to1fhoo2_r2_540.jpg

For the first time i watched 3rd episode I thought that color for JH and I forgot that SW is indeed The husband (of Bora). So the color props i used to think it's for JH, actually it's for SW. :) The candygum bought by Sung Appa from the old granny, obviously it's a clue that boGUMmy (LOL) is green bubblegum and DS is yellow bubblegum. We saw the green bubblegum has a comeback scene in ep 19 screaming for Taek = BoGUMmy. Hahahhaa.  I saw the old granny is wearing Red-black money bag too sling on her shoulder. Bravo for Production team for their meticulous color props.

JH-DS scene stuck together hard chest to press against scene, I saw RED-WHITE COLOR and it reminds me of forbidden sign :phew: (eventhough it written "rice" there LOL)

tumblr_o24rec8MIR1to1fhoo1_500.jpgred-forbidden-sign.jpg

I found the JB's scene with his stamp collection foreshadowing DS's loveline. .JB did two attempts to remove the stamps from the enveloped and ended up to be failed on both. LOL

Again, writer's favorite food appears since ep.3. The scene of giving fish shape cake to the loved one. Giving out Fish shape cake = giving out loves.

tumblr_o24rec8MIR1to1fhoo4_r1_540.jpg   tumblr_o24rec8MIR1to1fhoo5_r1_500.jpg tumblr_o24rec8MIR1to1fhoo6_r1_500.jpg

The similarity of Kim Omma in ep.3 and Future DS in ep 20 #scarywives

tumblr_o24rec8MIR1to1fhoo7_r1_540.jpgtumblr_o24rec8MIR1to1fhoo8_r1_1280.jpgtumblr_o24rec8MIR1to1fhoo9_r1_540.jpg

Btw, in ep.3 emphasized how absent-minded of DS. She lost 2 precious items that she was entrusted with. One is Sung family's camera and the other is JH's precious whiskey. is that foreshadowing that she'll lost love for her 2 crushes as well?

I love the scene where Kim appa didn't say anything to his wife about his friend who Madam Cheetah accused him scamming her husband money for jacket. Until she told Kim Appa to befriend with the one who help them eventhough he's himself in dire situation. And when Kim appa told his wife.. IT's HIM...She just shut her mouth couldn't utter a single word... YESSSS!! I LOVE THAT SCENE SO MUCH  it's a sad, ironic story behind that scene. Again, THAT FRIEND who help unfortunate people eventhough he himself in dire situation (helpless situation too) is so similar to Sung appa's trait. While watching ep. 3, I really hate Sung Appa hurt his wife and family because of his un-thoughtful financial management. But then, at the end of the episode, looking at the other perspective (from the one who received the favors/help, the old grandma who sold bubblegum, Kim family while they were dirt poor) It really opens my eyes that indeed it's really big favour for them to receive help from others.. I became dumbfounded, shut my mouth just like Kim omma.  Kudos to the writer to make a very thoughful plot to see the situation from two sides.. from the one who giving the favor and also from the one who received the favor *slowclaps*

And it's off topic with ep.3 But I found similarity of lead females in Reply series.. #scaryandbrutalwives

tumblr_o249zcFsCs1to1fhoo1_400.gif

Keep posting guys.. I love to read all of your post! :D