Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

I think it's just right that the writer/director told Hyeri who DS's husband way before the others knew who he is since they need to make her act how important Taek is to DS. It wasn't revealed to the others since it would help the boys to act the way they are supposed to act if they too didn't know who the husband is. It's a smart move by the director and writer. I believe Hyeri was sworn to secrecy who DS husband is until everyone knew who he really is. 

On another note. I finally understand why Taek's room became their hideout and why Taek is very important to all of them. Taek is a very reliable person. Everyone knew that they can just trust Taek with their deepest secrets. SW told him about BR. DS can just cry to him and he would keep it a secret. Taek is just like his room. Whatever they talk about or do in that room would stay inthat room. DR and JH can just do their pervy stuff there without their parents knowing. Even Taeks dad trusts him and that's why he never bothers them when they are together as a group. This is Taek's importance. They knew they can just be who they are when they are woth him and he can keep whatever secrets you have and he won't even criticize you because of it. He would rather ask you something about that secret in order for him to understand you more. That is one great friend.

• Like 23

If we are still analyzing scripts like we did when the show was on air, we would take note how many of these reporters wrote that PBG is Choi Taek himself. Like a camera lingering a tad second too long on a scene, these multiple emphasize are pointing us to something...

Therefore I want to propose a reason for Bogum's very humble and diplomatic answers on the husband questions. He is displaying baduk etiquette. He won, after all. You go Choi Sabeom-nim! :D

On a more serious note, I think he must know how divided viewers are on the eonamryu and eonamtaek front. Focusing his answer on Deoksun: "I’ve always thought Hyeri should get married to a person she can be happy with." is a smart move. It changes the direction of questioning from whoever is more worthy or fought harder etc.

Or maybe this is just another of Master Choi strategy to get people to jump to his ship. Lol jk.

Here is a picture of PBG in a TK cosplay, with the hair and the shirt + sweater combo DS dressed him in. Credit on the picture.

tumblr_o225ju1YKs1untowto1_500.jpg

• Like 24

Guest aoikarin

tumblr_o22vwtYYMC1uzi5odo1_540.jpg

Park Bo Gum and his "husband colors props" trench coat green, red, yellow :D:w00t:B)

From Tumblr FYpark bogum

http://fyparkbogum.tumblr.com/post/138728199771/trans-topstarnews-interview-with-park-bogum

[TRANS] TopStarNews’ Interview with Park Bogum

What were your thoughts at the end of ‘Reply 1988’?

It feels over now. Unfortunately, from then, I already began to miss it all. My heart regrets it the most.

Did you have any difficulties in your role as Choi Taek?

It wasn’t easy. Although there were similarities between us, I more than any other person, had to do well in Baduk. Although I wanted to hear the sound of people who know about Baduk to see me and say, ‘That person really knows Baduk,’ I don’t know whether or not [my wishes] were met. When I learned Baduk, I concentrated as best as I could. I want to say thank you to the person who taught me Baduk, Master Kim Ji Hoon.

In the R88 series, unexpectedly, your character had to win love. Was there any burden?

There wasn’t any burden at all. Rather than feeling burdened, my expectations were great and I was very excited. As a viewer of the Reply series, I think it was an honor to join the Reply series. My family also watched it enjoyably. My thankfulness is the greatest. When it first began, I heard that there was a husband hunt. However, the director said, ‘You are all the main characters. Don’t dwell on who’s the star. I’d like it if you filmed enjoyably.’ (That’s why) I didn’t mind anything about that. It was enough that I met good people and made good memories.

When did you actually know that ‘Choi Taek’ was the husband?

I knew about it in the 19th-20th episodes. I didn’t hear confirmation. Other people were also unsure about it. In the 1st episode, I didn’t know that Sunbae Lee Mi Yeon came out. I also didn’t know that there were 2015 versions [of us]. The director told us that it would end in 1994. I thought, ‘It looks like there won’t be a present time’. Even in my dreams, I didn’t know that Sunbae Lee Mi Yeon would come out. There wasn’t a 2015 script shown.

As each episode progressed, I also thought Junghwan would become the husband. I also thought that my first kiss (with Deoksun) was a dream. In the script, it was a dream. In the next scene, although Taek, while drinking milk, asks ‘When did you leave?’, Deoksun says, ‘As soon as you fell asleep, I left’. Because the script was only given to Deoksun, I thought it was a dream. I only knew it was real after watching the drama.

‘I hope it’s Junghwan’, I thought, thinking it was Junghwan, so I thought I received the wrong script for the 19th and 20th episodes. At that time, I left when I saw it. Originally, because I received the script for the adult cast, I thought I wrongly received it. My picture was in the contents. Then, I finally knew who the husband was. I couldn’t have even imagined this reversal.

Why do you think that you hoped it was Junghwan?

In the position of a viewer, the character of Junghwan was so cool. Junyeol hyung made the role charming, and he acted so well. Because he maximized the script’s thrill (T/N: as in romance), I thought, ‘He’s cool. I have a lot to learn.’ Deoksun’s heart, too, was (like this). When Taek was with Deoksun, there was nothing apart from Deoksun taking care of Taek. Because of Deoksun and Junghwan’s sweet loving hearts, I thought it would be the two of them.

In the scene where Deoksun is held while running, Deoksun seems to think of Taek as a man. Were there any special orders from the director?

He wanted me to show an appearance that is contrary to Taek’s appearance shown before. I think the point of that scene was to show a manly and reliable appearance. It was a very cold day. I don’t remember anything outside of that. Besides that, Taek was wearing thin clothes. Hyeri was very light. (Laughs)

Did you ask the director why Taek was the husband?

I’ve never asked. That’s a good question, now that I think of it.

You’re the maknae of 2 boys and 1 girl. When you said you were going to act, were there any objections?

There’s a large age difference between me and my older brother and sister. I know I’m a child that wasn’t originally supposed to be born. (When I said I was going to act) there weren’t any objections; instead, I received a lot of support in prayer. In order to meet good projects.

Do you play the piano well?

Honestly, there are many people who play the piano better than me. I play a little bit. I don’t know how to play classic music at all; I only learned how to play chords as accompaniment. Only to the extent of playing as accompaniment at church. I learned at church.

During the fan meeting, you refused all gifts and wreaths.

I thought that I received too much and that the people who like and support me are students. I think it’s right to use the money you receive as allowance from your parents or the money you earn from part-time jobs for your parents who believe in you rather than for me. The heart behind the gifts you give to me is conveyed well, so I don’t want [the gifts]. I like savings [I save] myself even more so than the gifts I receive from people in my agency. I think that’s right.

During your school performance, you challenged directing.

It wasn’t easy. I really respect those who direct. To fully understand a director’s work, it must be fully analyzed and life should be breathed into every character. Lighting, sound, the staging - everything must be harmoniously caressed. It’s not easy. That’s why it’s a great feeling. It was fun. It’s similar to the feeling of conducting in ‘Naeil’s Cantabile’. Like performing with hand gestures, one by one, with words, one by one, it’s amazing seeing it unfold before your eyes. Although I felt satisfied giving orders to actors acting and seeing the stage unfold, I don’t think anyone can do it.

You have a lot of affection for your projects. How will you remember ‘Reply 1988’?

For each and every project, every moment is precious and are all projects I don’t want to forget. When I first debuted, to me, my greatest role was in the film ‘Blind’. Since then, for every project, in the moment, to me, I think it’s my biggest project and role. ‘Reply 1988’, as well, to me, is the biggest project, and the role of Choi Taek is the biggest role. I don’t want to forget any of my projects. I think that all of my projects are the foundation as (I) advance.

The ‘Reply 1988’ set was so cold. I remember my breath coming out. It was a bit regretful. Even so, when I was acting, because the staff brought hot packs as well as turned on the heater, it was a warm filming. The staff suffered more than me. Although I could sleep during the times I was absent, the staff had to stay awake all day. It seems like those people suffered the most.

The production crew placed a lot of [importance on] one’s real appearance in each character. Was your appearance also included for Choi Taek?

When I entered, the first thing the director asked was whether I drink or smoke. Taek does it all. It was a very fresh role. What’s similar between us is that when it’s quiet, we’re quiet, and when it’s serious, we’re serious. We’re also similar when we’re concentrating on work. The role of Taek has many similarities to me. I’m very thankful for receiving the gift of such a wonderful character in a great work.

When I was young, I drank a lot of milk and even now, I still drink a lot. Seeing Taek always with milk in hand, I thought, ‘I have to know why I like milk’. Later, I have to ask why I was holding milk.

Did you receive instructions on how to perform Choi Taek’s sensitive personality?

It was written very specifically like this, ‘Tired in a way that you can’t open your eyes as well’. Because the explanation on the tiredness was so detailed that I could easily understand in one glance, I did well. If there were some lacking points, the director talked with us in a detailed manner. I’m thankful because that person was there. Because I was able to freely act, going to the set was enjoyable. Unfortunately, because Taek went to matches, slept, took medication, and drank milk all alone, it was regretful that he couldn’t spend more time together with sunbaes or friends.

How was the reward vacation to Phuket?

It was great. It was also great being dragged to Africa. It was an honor. Because I was able to spend more time together in Phuket, it was great and left behind memories that I won’t forget. From going to Africa until this interview, it seems as if my heart is just now beginning to feel sad that Reply ended.

It seems as if you’re accustomed to a disciplined life. What is the biggest departure [from a disciplined life] in your life?

It doesn’t seem as if there is. Returning late at night? Since I was young, I’m not used to returning late at night. After academy ended, I went home. On the most recent trip, I had a drink with the hyungs? I spent a great time with the hyungs. (Laughs)

How was acting as a villain?

Really fun. During ‘I Remember You’, I showed a fresh appearance that I hadn’t shown before. It was as I imagined. While imagining myself bad and watching myself in the mirror, I worked hard, practicing expressions from other projects and from watching other sunbaes acting, actions, and hand movements, trying to catch and make them my own.

What do you think are Choi Taek’s charms?

An iron hand in a velvet glove (T/N: a four-character proverb meaning ‘Being gentle in appearance but strong in spirit’). Externally gentle and kind, but internally upright, honest, and manly. An incoming hook like that is cool. Aside from that, all of R88’s characters have charms. The actors all acted well, so in the position of a viewer, they were all cool when I saw them.

Do you have the same fighting spirit as Choi Taek?

Far from it. But I don’t want to compete while living. I’m satisfied with what I have. It seems to be as you think, because I think many positive thoughts. The words that you reap what you sow really seem correct.

Taek’s coming out confession must’ve been upsetting for Ryu Joon Yeol.

In the latter half, I thought what Taek said was a reversal. I thought (the husband) was Junghwan. Junghwan hyung really acts well.

There was conflict between love and friendship. If you were Park Bogum…?

I’ve thought about it as well. If the person I loved married my close friend, it seems like too great of a shock. I probably wouldn’t want to choose love.

Do you feel burdened or worried about your next project?

I’m not too burdened. Although I’m not totally without [burden], I’ve acted my best in each and every precious project up until now, so in the future, whatever project comes, I’ll act in the same way. Rather than which project did well or not, the people I’ve met in each project are very precious who even now I’ve kept in touch with. I’ve only met good people. Although I’d like to do well in my next project as well, I’d like to show a more developed appearance. If I can, I’d like to try a historical, action, and a youth drama.

Do you have confidence in an action drama?

As I learned action [stunts], it was fun. Although there’s a risk of injury, when I learned, it seemed like my body become solid and, to me, it’s another way to revitalize my organs. In ‘Reply 1988’, I learned Baduk, during ‘I Remember You’, I met and consulted with a lawyer, and in ‘Naeil’s Cantabile’, I learned how to play the cello and conduct. During every project, there was a lot to learn, so that was the best.

What did your Master emphasize while teaching?

He taught me the posture and how the game flows, as well as Baduk terminology. From the gaze and posture you choose, just the same, in the drama, what you express is the most important.

What’s the most memorable scene in ‘Reply 1988’?

I don’t think I’ll ever forget any of them, but the scene where my father said, “I wish I had a good friend by my side like the ones that you have”. When filming that scene, I was very touched. Acting while looking at my father’s eyes was very moving. During it all, I was sad and touched. ‘I miss my mom every day’ was also emotional. Because I felt the emotions of Hyeri’s acting of the second child’s sorrows, I was moved. I choked up.

The drama’s first and last scenes were all in Taek’s room.

That’s so warm. I felt that [others] playing in my room even if I weren’t there was so warm. During the first episode, one of the most emotional things was when I was eating just kimchi stew and rice with my dad, but everyone brought over a side dish, taking care of one another with consideration. It was so emotional. A house with that kind of affection is so good that I want to return. It seems like Reply’s still lingering and hasn’t gone away yet. However, now, it seems like everything’s been demolished. (Laughs)

24-year-old Park Bogum’s worries are…?

Now, I’ve become a 3rd year. I have to register for classes in advance, but because I can’t make my schedule, my nervousness about registering is greater. I have to be successful. Is there a way to attend class well as a 3rd year? I don’t want to take a leave of absence. When you go to school, when you go to learn, you learn. When I go to the Musical Department to learn, in the hopes that the day when I’m doing a musical comes, I learn a lot.

Someday, I want to be together in the musical, ‘Man Punching The Wall’ with Sunbae Go Chang Suk. ‘King Kibbutz’ is also impressive, and I’m going to see ‘Man Punching The Wall’ soon.

It seems like your ability to sympathize and not your experience is what’ll help you succeed.

That’s one of my few strengths I have to say. This may sound arrogant, but it seems like I can feel what others are feeling. It’s like the ability to sympathize.

Your father, Choi Moo Sung’s romance with his hometown friend, Kim Sun Young. How was Taek’s heart?

The appearance of my father eating alone and staying alone was expressed so well. It was touching just looking at the script. I was very absorbed as I read. Anyone who’s alone, if you think about it, is bound to be lonely. With no one beside him to listen to his stories and my father left alone in his room, every day I would think how much I’d like it if there were a good person beside him.

Your tears fell after cancelling the movie promise with Deoksun.

Knowing Junghwan’s heart was enough. In the position of a viewer, I thought that Junghwan would do well with [her]. Something like, the two would be lovey dovey. There wasn’t anything lovey dovey between Deoksun and me. I thought that it would work out with Junghwan, and, at that time, I met one woman for a long time but we were friends. Taek didn’t want to have such a considerate heart.

There was a lot of praise for your acting with your eyes. Do you have know-how about acting with your eyes?

I’m still shy and embarrassed when I hear that. I’m thankful that thoughts are like that. As soon as I saw my script, I quickly became sympathetic, and I worked hard to express the moment’s emotions. It’s amazing that it shows through my gaze. When you see the script, try not to forget the emerging emotions.

I recently saw the pictures taken of you with Lee Il Hwa in Phuket.

I saw them on the day I returned from Phuket on the way to the music broadcast. I was really surprised. The other family members were sleeping, so I went to the city with just Sunbae Lee Il Hwa. Like a mother, Sunbae takes care of me like a good son-in-law.

What are you planning to do during the Lunar New Year holidays?

Rest. Although I have a nephew, he’s still a baby, not at the age to receive pocket money. So far, (I’m) the maknae so it seems that I have to receive [money]. (Laughs)

As an actor, are there words you want to hear?

I want to hear these words. ‘I want to act with Park Bogum’. That actor, I want to become that actor. It’s my 2016 wish. I think that one word will touch me greatly.

Who do you want to co-star with?

Everyone’s good. I want to [act] with Yeo Jin Goo. I’ve seen him a few times at premieres, and although he’s younger than me, he acts well and is cool even to a man seeing him. As well as Jin Goo, I want to meet the R88 family again in a good project. Because I spent a lot of time alone.. (Laughs)

Among the R88 characters, if you had a younger sister, are there people you would want to introduce her to?

I’d like to introduce all of them. (If) I had a younger sister, I’d like to style her well. I’d want to buy her pretty clothes too.

Do you not want to date?

I want to. I don’t know why dating rumors with Nara noona spread. During ‘I Remember You’, she took care of me well like a younger brother. Because it was the first time, it was really amazing. As much as I want to thank everyone from whom I received a lot of interest and love from, I’m sorry to Nara noona and too embarrassed to contact her. It’s not (true).

What kind of woman do you like?

A woman who takes good care of me. A considerate woman who makes up for what I’m lacking and from whom we can both learn from each other. I like a woman who, while being like a friend, is also sometimes like a mother and sometimes like a dongsaeng. Who takes care of me well. I’ve never experienced dating like that. When I meet a person, I’m the type to meet for a long time. Although I’ve never dated someone older, I don’t think age matters. The last time I dated was before my debut.

What about someone like Deoksun?

I like it. Bright, lively, and took good care of Taek. She has a lot of charms. As a friend, she’s good, and as a woman, she’s good too. She also definitely achieved her dream as a stewardess.

Finally, a word to the viewers.

First of all, I’m thankful for all the love you gave. In the future, I don’t know through which project I’ll greet you from, but I’ll work hard in order to show you a more developed appearance. The holiday is long. To the people you don’t want to forget, say something warm to them. I hope you spend an enjoyable holiday and live happily together with your family.

Source | Please take out with credits.

Feb 5, 2016 +8

42 minutes ago, hojichas said:

Youth Over Flowers in Namibia teaser that aired today! How cute that Bogum is the thumbnail image :)

The teaser is all happy melodic song and footage. Knowing Na PD... the show is going to show them suffer instead right? :o

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, aleen1412 said:

The teaser is all happy melodic song and footage. Knowing Na PD... the show is going to show them suffer instead right? :o

Yeah hahaha, one would think it's all rainbows and ponies judging by the teaser but if Na PD's behind it, we're never gonna get fooled. Coz it'll be all about suffering. And we're going to get absolutely entertained at these cutie pies' expense. I hope Na PD didn't make our fave puppy cry his "chicken-poop" tears or heads will roll. :D

• Like 11

37 minutes ago, pixiemoondust said:

Yeah hahaha, one would think it's all rainbows and ponies judging by the teaser but if Na PD's behind it, we're never gonna get fooled. Coz it'll be all about suffering. And we're going to get absolutely entertained at these cutie pies' expense. I hope Na PD didn't make our fave puppy cry his "chicken-poop" tears or heads will roll. :D

Na PD doesn't need to do much. PBG and his heart full feels (:heart:!) I bet we'll get to see those tears from the very first episode. :D

• Like 4

Reading PBG's interview, one thing really caught my attention. That he is the maknae at home, a dongsaeng & a hobae at filming location or at work, however he is a MAN who has to take the lead  when he's with Hyeri.

:w00t::w00t: :heart::heart:

Btw did he really used sunblock in Africa?  Or is there a possibility he was con into using sun tanning lotion instead?

• Like 17

Anyonghaseooooo ! #polite #greeting #for #sunbae #CSI #im #adore #this #shipper #paradise

Did park bo gum mention about he drank a lot water and brush his teeth ? LMAO so funny, he was prepared well for his first kiss scene.hahaha

and he want to act with yeo jin goo? Well i love both of them, yeo jin goo is great actor hahaha but seo in guk mention that he want to act with bo gum, so sad bogum want to act with other actor. Huhu

• Like 7