Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

50 minutes ago, cooleet said:

Taek was envious of the other guys going on a trip. He even asked DS if her school was joining and he was staring at her. The next day when his father called him to eat, his father saw him reading the "notice" intently. When his dad picked it up, the background music was "Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You" and the part of the song being sung was "If I had to live my life without you near me, the days would all be empty, the nights would seem so long." It's Taek without DS, that's why he needed to drink sleeping pills because the nights just seem so long. We all know that Taek only got rid of the pills when he's finally at ease and sure that DS is his. She gives him peace of mind. 

I love that.  I love the clever use of songs in this drama and how the lyrics form part of the narrative, particularly in the later episodes.  If you don't pay attention to the lyrics, you're missing half the story.  That is how they convey the emotions of the different characters.

• Like 11

Guest aoikarin
18 minutes ago, fangurling123 said:

My interpretation is that she is laughing at herself for thinking that SW was her first love.  What a joke that was, she is thinking to herself.  In retrospect, she knows she never loved SW.

Agree.. I also think that she's mocking at herself that how on earth SW was her first love. That's why she's chuckles at the end of her statement. She knows who really is her first love and eternal one. it's TAEK.

There are so many foreshadowing in this episode. Sunwoo Omma telling the other two that she will only remarry if she can live a comfortable life. How awesome that she ended up with Taek' appa, the master of comfort. 

I've also been thinking about appa Sung, I feel like his excessive spending was triggered by stress. I don't think he had that problem before they became in debt. This was probably his outlet because of his wife and kid's demand. He probably felt that by helping all these people with a few spending dollars, it made him feel good as a father figure, which he doesn't get at home.

• Like 10

LOL. DS can be so manipulative.  She knows the trigger buttons for the boys to get them to do the Sobangcha dance for her- DR with pretty girls, JH with "something special" and SW, well "sell me".  Only she's mistaken about the SW bit, but it worked on JH.

I wonder if she could have gotten Taek to do the Sobangcha dance for her if he had been there.   Her "sell me" line really would have worked on Taek, but how hilarious that would have been!  

This part really shows their deep friendship.  The boys may outwardly protest because they are embarrassed, but you know they would never have abandoned DS, even without her manipulations.

• Like 16

17 minutes ago, cooleet said:

On a side note. This song was also covered by Sandeul in Immortal Songs too. It's also a very good version. You can check it out here 

I love Sandeul's version!! Thanks for sharing :D If you prefer a female rendition of the song, Wax also did a superb cover of it a year ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vttlYyBFDRo

• Like 6

i keep re-watching Byul version of the song damn it soooooo sad :( i think it because she sing it dedicated for her late father so the emotion just tooooo deep and real :( 

yeah the song somehow fit DS more but well it fit both of them since they finally come back to each others after years of misunderstanding 

@melissalathank you for the kiss gifs :P gonna used it ^_^ so sorry to trouble you with the gifs and giving the hard one for dp lol

yayyy finally have the dp of my dream :P thanks again @melissala

• Like 7

Correct me if I'm wrong but did Sung Appa get scammed again? The prenatal music that Sung Omma played (after talking to DS on the phone about the lost camera) didn't sound anything like prenatal music to me, more like temple music. Or is temple music considered prenatal music in Korea?

vlcsnap_2016_02_07_00h09m28s916.png

vlcsnap_2016_02_07_00h10m14s859.png

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, pixiemoondust said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but did Sung Appa get scammed again? The prenatal music that Sung Omma played (after talking to DS on the phone about the lost camera) didn't sound anything like prenatal music to me, more like temple music. Or is temple music considered prenatal music in Korea?

Sung appa was tricked. LOL. I still find that scene funny even though I feel bad for Sung omma.

• Like 9

@bubbles

Just ignore all the review who not equal or near  like the best analize and awesome review in this forum our home....me too...i try to read some reviews outside n what i received is brokenheart like you....so i stop read other review or forum to mantain my graet mood of R88....just about our taeksun n bogummy

So...you,i n we... n of course the rest our lovely team taektenium watching the same drama indeed....we are the spesial and extraordinary people who understand the writers very well....always trust the script never expect anything so we got the higher prize....a beautifull heartwarmed  amazing drama ever...:heart:

Note:(if you don't trust the writers you've got nothing like the other people who dissapointed about hunting husband they are ordinary people who live in kdrama island and usually watching the same n boring path drama...different with us who challenge our taste so we got a special prize)

btw....since i found our home i never came to MT...its full of ordinary and expecting people...:astonished:

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, bubbles said:

Sung appa was tricked. LOL. I still find that scene funny even though I feel bad for Sung omma.

The irony of it is, she really needed some calming meditation, LOL.

On the less funny side, this episode is showing us all that women have to put with in a marriage and the trials and tribulations of being poor, an unequal society, the feeling of helplessness and inadequacy as a man and a provider, and the friendships that help us along the way.  This was a very touching episode and a heartwarming one as well about friendship, not just the SS5, but Kim Sajang's friend as well.

• Like 10

Just finished watching episode 3. That Sobangcha dance was really good :D In the teaser for Youth Over Flowers GKP did the same cartwheel I think.

TK was really quiet this episode, almost expressionless. Even his appearance looked totally different in these early episodes. The scene when he looked at the trip notice alone, he really looked like a lonely 18 year old boy. But even so he did it without saying anything, or even showing much on his face.

H5XRV38.png?1

I find it remarkable how he started to change from episode 6. Even in his appearance, he became so much attractive. This drama was my first time watching PBG act so I when it suddenly sank to me that Choi Taek is good looking it was like I was blindsided. So even just making a decision to confess to DS made his life that much brighter. Did he think he wasn't allowed to, before?

DS misplaced/forgot things twice today. From other episodes we know this is not normal occurrence. I wonder if this is meant to signify something too.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, bubbles said:

There are so many foreshadowing in this episode. Sunwoo Omma telling the other two that she will only remarry if she can live a comfortable life. How awesome that she ended up with Taek' appa, the master of comfort. 

I've also been thinking about appa Sung, I feel like his excessive spending was triggered by stress. I don't think he had that problem before they became in debt. This was probably his outlet because of his wife and kid's demand. He probably felt that by helping all these people with a few spending dollars, it made him feel good as a father figure, which he doesn't get at home.

Can we include the "something special" Hahahaha ^____^ ...DS lost/left out that "something special" ;) 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, aleen1412 said:

Just finished watching episode 3. That Sobangcha dance was really good :D In the teaser for Youth Over Flowers GKP did the same cartwheel I think.

TK was really quiet this episode, almost expressionless. Even his appearance looked totally different in these early episodes. The scene when he looked at the trip notice alone, he really looked like a lonely 18 year old boy. But even so he did it without saying anything, or even showing much on his face.

I find it remarkable how he started to change from episode 6. Even in his appearance, he became so much attractive. This drama was my first time watching PBG act so I when it suddenly sank to me that Choi Taek is good looking it was like I was blindsided. So even just making a decision to confess to DS made his life that much brighter. Did he think he wasn't allowed to, before?

DS misplaced/forgot things twice today. From other episodes we know this is not normal occurrence. I wonder if this is meant to signify something too.

This is what I find so fascinating about Taek. You can literally see his growth as the drama went on. He especially blossomed when he was able to express his love for Deoksun.

I knew PBG was amazing as an actor since I've seen his previous dramas but the way he acted as Taek is on another level. I'm not sure many actors his age can switch from lonely boy to mature baduk genius with as much subtleties and range of emotions as PBG.

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, bubbles said:

This is what I find so fascinating about Taek. You can literally see his growth as the drama went on. He especially blossomed when he was able to express his love for Deoksun.

Hahaha why am I reminded of the golden turtle? You are absolutely right. How bright was his smile then? :D

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, aleen1412 said:
17 minutes ago, bubbles said:

I knew PBG was amazing as an actor since I've seen his previous dramas but the way he acted as Taek is on another level. I'm not sure many actors his age can switch from lonely boy to mature baduk genius with as much subtleties and range of emotions as PBG.

Also how remarkably different he is as an adult.  You can really see the difference in behavior, demeanor and maturity in how he portrayed adult Taek and how teenage Taek is really still a boy.

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, aleen1412 said:

I feel the same way.I remember someone probably DR rebuking him on episode 2:

"Look at how pale your face is. Don't just
stay at the Baduk Center and work out some too.

Is this your stomach or your back?
You're so thin.

I'm fine."

It's like everyone started on a clear palette,so we were never given any chance to think differently/or having any special opinion about him at so early period lol.But as time went by we watched a reversal of role,and TK came out the stronger one out of all five.So in sherlock style,when he's reading a person,he can tell exactly how one is by observing his characteristics,but here in the drama we could never tell how Taek is as person looking at him on episode 2/3/4,but gradually his traits are exposed right in front of our eyes,and we got to know more about him.Compared to that,JH/SW's story started as soon as the drama started rolling.Maybe there was a reason why the writer took a significant pause with TK's storytelling.

• Like 17