Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

@IsabelinaD AHHH I love your similarities posts! Keep them coming~

23 hours ago, pixiemoondust said:

This really shows his positive attitude plus his atttitude of gratitude towards his craft and the respect he gives to the creative team's hard work. He recognized the brilliance of the writer and director's work and by hell he was going to work hard to put out a knockout performance and give justice to the character (and the writer's work) no matter what the "husband-endgame" was going to be.

And I feel like if the results were reversed, he would still be saying the exact nice things about the director and the opportunity to be part of the Reply series. Not like you know who. (my opinion)

I read somewhere he treats all his roles preciously and he gives it all his best even if they were small roles. And it really shows because no matter what roles, every scene that he's ever been is always memorable. And leaves us wanting more of him. You worked hard, Bogummy!

This young man will go places that's for sure ♥

Yes, i agree with you. Bogum would have handled everything flawlessly. Speaks so much about him.

20 hours ago, hafunohane said:

Haha, thanks for answering my question. It wasn't mine per se, but I can't say i never thought about it in the past :) 

I just wanna share HOW IMPORTANT FIRST LOVE IS TO THIS WRITER. from R1997, to 1994, to 1988... there has been one steady thing... Her entire script is an ode to first love. This is YJ's narration from ep 16 finale:

"First love. The reason everyone’s first love is beautiful is not only because the love was pretty. At the time of first love, there was a youthfulness that didn’t know how to be wise, a me who was pure to the point of cruelty, and a you whose fire I couldn’t handle. It’s because I already know that I can never go back to that youthful, innocent, passionate time.

First love is reckless. Without calculating, it throws everything in with pure passion, and inevitably fails. But that’s why it’s dramatic—the reckless tales wrapped up in experiences or feelings that you can never have again.

First love is a time. Once it passes, it’s gone. Now you have to give a new love and a new time a chance. It might not be the experience or the purity of first love, but out of that scar is a love that grows and becomes a little more mature—you have to wait for an adult love. Only those who wait can dream of love.

When romance passes, life comes. Purity gets dirtied, passion freezes over, and youth turns to shrewdness as you age. That innocent era’s first love becomes fatigued and exhausted daily routine… and is why first love appears to be something that can’t be realized. Because those who succeed at realizing their first love… don’t tell you.

Succeeding at first love is nice too. There’s comfort that’s even better than your favorite sweater, but also an excitement that you can find when you’re tired of that comfort. As childhood playmates, as first loves, as lovers, and as husband and wife, we live through the same times, share the same memories, and grow old together. A familiar excitement. It’s nice."

credit: dramabeans.

UGLY CRYINGGG BECAUSE THIS MONOLOGUE VOICEOVER WAS EVERYTHING IN REPLY 1997

17 hours ago, salz said:

i think it because the ultimate choice is still on DS hand...so even if Bogum think he could be husband but like he said there could still be a final twist so he keeping low baduk etiquette expectation doesn't mean he don't understand..he just keep acting as usual without any changes in his love but it DS who gonna make the choice and Hyeri herself still feel confuse until ep16 which part of pd plan..beside his and RJY script might be different he only got his scene with Hyeri&the gang but don't know what kind of scene JH&DS is having beside he don't even film the JH confession scene together since the pd might keep secret from him to surprised for ep19 shooting?

17 hours ago, pixiemoondust said:

I have this thought that he is aware Hyeri is the best person to talk about the husband choosing game in and no position to talk about the husband hunt process since he and RJY when it came down to the choosing part, they were both at receiving end of the stick. And I can see that he took utmost care to watch his words by not projecting his personal feelings to his character TK and consequently avoid fanning shipping wars or ruffling people's feathers he worked with. Like the exemplerary young man that he is, he directed focus on the good parts about his Reply1988 experience.  Looks like he thought very hard about the questions that would come his way and listened to those who counseled him about what best to say.

@salz @pixiemoondust Well said!!!! Bogum doesn't need to defend why he is the husband because he too was kept in the dark by the PD team. It was on Hyeri's court to defend Deoksun's decision, which she did perfectly. 

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, rembrandtz_5e20 said:

"Both JH and TK are attractive...As for DS's happiness, let DS make the full decision herself"

It's like he's the voice of reason or something. He's a fine young man to have this kind of wisdom -- to know that guys are not entitled to the woman's love/affection just because they worked hard to earn it from her. Beyond good looks, I find this trait very admirable.

• Like 15

4 hours ago, PiggyKid said:

How was it when you knew that you were the husband?

While saying “Wow, it’s me?”, I was amazed and puzzled. 

It seems like the first role in which one had to earn love during the drama.  

Yes. This was the first role in which [I had to earn my love] with the female lead. From the start of the drama, the director said these words to us, “You guys are all appearing as protagonists in this work.” It was a situation in which I was just thankful that I was just able to join the series. That’s why I thought that I’d like whoever would become the husband to be happily chosen by Deoksun.

I was happy that I was just able to come out in a good drama. I never thought, “I have to be the husband” or “Am I going to become the husband?” 

this is the kind of word im waiting and because of how well this boy talk im proud to choose a Taek/Bogum team no matter husband or not he just full of class and stay humble&respectful + great PR skill :P never act like it should me who be husband or i deserve her more....most important he want DS to happily choose her husband not because which guy deserve it more but who make her happy..instead of forcing his personal opinion why someone deserve the girl more he prefer the girl make decision for herself mean he put her happiness over anyone else and he also never say any negative part of the other team :P well done Taek/Bogum :wub:

tbh i have no doubt he would still say the same thing even he is not the husband he just happy if DS/other is happy and just be grateful he is chosen to be part of this drama..

even he much younger than me but he is an actor/man that i able to respect&looking forward for more his project and definitely the dream actor for anyone to work with since he is like the healing presence&he never say any bad word at anyone he work with :P 

4 hours ago, PiggyKid said:

I heard that you filmed your first kiss scene in this drama.

In this work, for both Hyeri and I, it was our first time challenging a kiss scene. Although I was very embarrassed, I pretended to be very calm. I heard that, in times like that, actors must take care of and lead them well, but I was also affected. 

The camera director was also very concerned about the scene coming out prettily.

I heard sounds could be heard on the set of the kiss.

Me? (He was so surprised that his originally large eyes become larger.) When I heard that the dream kiss scene received the largest amount of views, I was really amazed.

Were there any NGs while filming?

Our noses were squished a lot, and my nose ran a lot. Even so, I was happy that the director filmed it prettily.

Are there any memorable scenes within the drama?

There’s really a lot.

While Taek was saying, “Let’s watch a movie, us two”, that was the scene of his first ever heartfelt confession. That scene was very thrilling. 

chanting NG NG NG NG or extended edition of the kiss or please just leak the noise lol 

haha yeah it thrilling scene and the beginning of Choi Taek 6-dan move :P 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, rembrandtz_5e20 said:

Remember in Ra Mi Ran's interview, she said she preferred JH as the husband,because TK took too much medicine? Apparently PBG was asked to respond to this, and he said:

"TK took the medicine right? He should be healthy now after taking those meds."

And then added, 

"Both JH and TK are attractive...As for DS's happiness, let DS make the full decision herself". 

Bogummy ah..I'm trying hard not to fangirl over a boy ten years my junior, but you are making things hard!

Slow clap for Bogum please. I love how he twisted that question around.

• Like 13

6 hours ago, 13infamyss said:

Hey guys. 

Just thought I'd share some goodies that came in the mail today!

^Reply 1988 OST Album (Director Edition)! http://www.yesasia.com/us/answer-me-1988-ost-cd-dvd-director-edition-tvn-tv-drama/1048445449-0-0-0-en/info.html

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! You got SunTaek!!

I got Jeong Hwan and Seon Woo!!! (whom I also love... but!!!) This is so cruel just not putting all five. T^T

• Like 6

In the scene when Deok Sun held while running Deok sun seems to think of Taek as a man, was there special orders from the director?

He wanted me to show an appearance that is contrary to Taek’s appearance shown before. I think the point of that scene was to show a manly and reliable appearance. It was a very cold day. I don’t remember anything outside of that. Besides that, Taek was wearing thin clothes. Hyeri was very light. (Laughs)

Not just the running scene...I think it started when he came rushing to her after he realized he was her secret santa but forgot abt it, the gentle look he gave her made him looks so manly....then of cos his stern look during the China trip, the the beach when he acted fast to protect HR from the ball, also his gaze right before he lean on her shoulder...

How was the reward vacation to Phuket?

It was great. It was also great being dragged to Africa. It was an honor. Because I was able to spend more time together in Phuket, it was great and left behind memories that I won’t forget. From going to Africa until this interview, it seems as if my heart is just now beginning to feel sad that Reply ended.

I bet he did...enjoying himself with his new bride :D

I recently saw the pictures taken of you with Lee Il Hwa in Phuket.

I saw them on the day I returned from Phuket on the way to the music broadcast. I was really surprised. The other family members were sleeping, so I went to the city with just Sunbae Lee Il Hwa. Like a mother, Sunbae takes care of me like a good son-in-law.

Son in law? He's the son in law going around the city with mom in law because other family members were sleeping? So i assumed the family members he's referring to are his wife, brother in law, step brother, dad & step mom? :D So HR is still his wife while they were in Phuket? No wonder DS slipped and said her hubby called from Africa...images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1fncLz5ge07LdX5dtPa2download.jsp?FileID=34586712Hehe....Sorry can't help posting their cuteness overload :)

What kind of woman do you like?

A woman who takes good care of me. A considerate woman who makes up for what I’m lacking and from whom we can both learn from each other. I like a woman who, while being like a friend, is also sometimes like a mother and sometimes like a dongsaeng. Who takes care of me well. I’ve never experienced dating like that. When I meet a person, I’m the type to meet for a long time. Although I’ve never dated someone older, I don’t think age matters. The last time I dated was before my debut.

What about someone like Deoksun?

I like it. Bright, lively, and took good care of Taek. She has a lot of charms. As a friend, she’s good, and as a woman, she’s good too. She also definitely achieved her dream as a stewardess.

Yeah...yeah...sure we heard it many times...that DS = HR & TK = PBG, so what exactly is he saying here :P

• Like 11

It's awhile since I've written a post here, you ladies are too fast. :)

Please continue sharing those articles, they give such great insights into the characters. 

And I love this tan PBG. LOL. He's super adorable. Too bad he's a bit shy and doesn't like to show too much skin. Can you imagine those tan abs?? Does he even have abs?  :P

Oh, and has anyone been reading reviews for the drama? I've read a few and found them to be so discouraging. Everything is about Junghwan, and how heartbreaking his story is. Did we all watch the same drama because I feel like we didn't. This whole hung up on Junghwan is such a disservice to the drama as a whole, it's almost like he was the only person in the drama. I know for some the ending is a bad ending because not everyone was given a conclusion scene and basically has decided to skip the last two episodes. I wasn't frustrated before but every review I read so far makes me want to pull my hair.

My main gripe is that everyone discounts Taek as someone that Deoksun can genuinely have feelings for. They always question Taek's feelings for Deoksun as the weaker one or will state that they are fine with them being a couple but cannot accept him as the husband. Urgh! That narrative! 

After rewatching this series several times, I feel that what Junghwan felt for her was just a physical and sexual attraction, which is probably why he was never on the same page as Deoksun. I know they showed in his flashback that he liked her before the alley scene, rewatching it now, it reiterates how shallow his feelings were. He again is seeing just her physical attractiveness ala Hanbok dress, there were no signs of a deeper emotional connection.

As for the last episode, I thought it was a fitting ending even though it was bittersweet. The writer was wised enough to drop hints throughout the drama on each character, that I was able to see what she wanted for each of their. We didn't see future Dongryong because it was stated again and again how business savvy he was with his restaurant,  from that I can conclude that he became rich and probably got a girl who will always be there for him unlike his mother. Junghwan, he's cool, smart, handsome, and looks hot as a uniformed jet pilot. HE'S FINE! HIS HEART IS STILL ATTACHED TO HIS BODY. His brokenheart was healed and he found a smoking hot chick. Jungbong marry Mi Ok, became a famous chef. Neol became a singer as he stated. The parents, they're probably visting one another, joking around and drinking to their hearts content because their kids are happy. THE END!

There I said my piece now I'm to to sleep it off. I'll try to do the rewatch with you gals tomorrow. No guarantee but will definitely join  the discussion. :P

• Like 18

I heard the sounds could be heard on the set of the kiss

Me?(He was so surprised that his originally large eyes become larger.) When I heard that the dream kiss scene received the largest amount of views, I was really amazed.

My, my PBG...how cute! Very smart of him to duck the question :D

Wasn't he being asked if the sound of his kisses with HR can be heard on the set?  But he came up with the kiss scene has high viewers rate...Don't worry BGssi, we heard the sound too even thru  editing :P

• Like 10

Guest aoikarin

Hello.. Found this on DC.. must be about PBG, his debut, his fanmeeting and his role in reply 1988. Any kind soul to translate this article? :D

tumblr_o24ba8E20S1to1fhoo1_540.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_o24ba8E20S1to1fhoo2_540.pngtumblr_o24ba8E20S1to1fhoo3_540.pngtumblr_o24ba8E20S1to1fhoo6_1280.pngtumblr_o24ba8E20S1to1fhoo5_540.pngtumblr_o24ba8E20S1to1fhoo4_1280.png

"I was happy that I was just able to come out in a good drama. I never thought, “I have to be the husband” or “Am I going to become the husband?”

*STANDING OVATION FOR THIS KIDDO*

Now,that is how you bring a character to life or even Answer questions. Not everything in the article has to be "me me me", "I thought I was the lead or the hubby".

He did not even care to ask who the hubby was, all he cared about was giving his all into his character/ role and he understood it well. 

#BRAVO.

@hushhh since you are familiar with the acting industry, is there a way to act without making the "kiss sounds"? I know that BGMs are used to mute the sounds but I'm talking about the "BTS". 

• Like 14

On 2/6/2016 at 0:54 AM, aoikarin said:

Hello.. Found this on DC.. must be about PBG, his debut, his fanmeeting and his role in reply 1988. Any kind soul to translate this article? :D

[photos snipped]

--

- He found out he was the husband after reading Ep.19 script, and that was only because it was part of the script meant for the adult actors that he got by mistake. It confirmed that the adult husband was Taek himself.

- Script distribution was strict, they always only received their own parts. That is why he thought that his first kiss with DS was a dream. He thought the husband would kiss DS, but in the next scene while he's drinking milk, he says the line, "When did you leave last night?" and she replies, "Right away (after you fell asleep.)" How DS feels (conflicted after the kiss) was only in the script given to her, so he only found out that the kiss was real after watching the finished drama.

- (Bogum's) pride in Taek was significant. (He uses that word again (외유내강) that means "iron fist in a velvet glove," i.e., soft on the outside but tough on the inside, and he said that Taek was very cool for being such a person.)

He was showing his cool side when he carried DS and ran across the field. The PD asked him to show an image that was the opposite of what he had shown before. More manly and substantial, dependable.

When asked if he had to choose friendship or love in real life (just like Taek did), he would pick love.

- 3500 fans came to his fan meeting. He said that he wasn't so special and shed tears, and that became big news. He didn't accept gifts because many of his fans are students and he encouraged that they use their hard-earned spending money on their parents instead of him.

- Scenes that most moved him:

When all the neighbors brought Taek and his dad food so their table became full of side dishes

When DS cried about being the second child, it made his heart hurt

- Bogum is the 3rd child, and much younger than his siblings, and R88 is different from his experience. To get a feel for his character, he drew strength from the script. "The script is written very specifically. For example, it would explain that Taek was so tired that he could barely open his eyes. It was explained in detail so that I could express my character well."

When asked what his advantage is (as an actor), he replied, "I think I am able to feel what others are feeling. So I try to express my own emotions from when I first read the script."

--

My comments:

- I think it's so cute to find out that he's the maknae of his family and much younger at that, a "surprise" baby. (from another article) You can kind of tell that he's the maknae. He must have received a lot of love from his family and was also taught good manners by his noona and hyung.

- It's really hard to convey just how GUSHY these articles are, and the way the writers are describing him: mostly about what a good boy he is, how kind, how well-mannered, how humble. He's basically a saint at this point. The perfect boyfriend, the perfect son-in-law, the perfect little bro.

I'm not objecting to this. I think he really is a nice person! I just think there may come a point where it's going to be impossible for him to be cast as some dirty gangster or the villain or whatever.

Anyway, he's adorable.

• Like 14

Dear all chingus:)

After i read all of his interview  that you all post / share, bravo to our little "Bogum" who diplomatically answer the questions. He even humbly say that he could not able to perform "JH" role .etc etc. thats why i support him for his politeness towards other people.

:heart: 

• Like 14

Guys!!!!!! rewatch episode 20...

around 58:04 (Car kiss)

DID YOU HEAR ANYTHING?......... DID YOU HEAR THAT SOUND?

LOL. *delulu mode*  maybe our CSI team would like to check that out. :D 

(PD Shin loves that sound! Even the Reply1997 otp's kiss---there were sounds (I've read about this before). lalalala. BGM was just added)

• Like 19

About the noise..... was that about the car kiss?? Coz it was very LOUD. I just couldn't imagine the amount of saliva and hard work involved that such noise can be heard so very clear.

Does the Blu-Ray include the BTS of the kiss scenes? If it does, and my will to get a copy is multiplied by 10000.

• Like 14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNkUGSPtTWU

Not sure if this is relevant in this thread, but Byul () did an awesome, heart-rending cover of Byun Jin-seop's 'You To Me Again (그대 내게 다시)' on KBS 'Immortal Songs' which was the background music for Deoksun & Taek's kiss scene in Beijing! Thought it was lovely and wanted to share~ :)

• Like 14

@hojichasthanks you for sharing :wub:i really love that song one of my fave from the ost ^_^

im glad Reply series always introduce to us many great classic song which i would never know if not of this drama :P 

and i always love Byul voice she wonderful singer

• Like 9