Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

@sin921113 hahaha i was like that back then, i love pbg from iry. I feel frustated because his screen time ! They hide him very well. Grrr.. I even post on MT, if he is not gonna be the husband i wont watch reply 88 lol.. The things became different because phone call ep 6. I started post on MT, but no one respond my post, because we post about TK. Lol. i tried to post about How bad jh behavior to ds. They eat me ! Lol. You know the ep when DS dancing and JH feel frustated about DS still dancing ugly (when dr meant if girl dancing ugly its means she doesnt like u) meanwhile taek open the door and smile to her. Hohoho. And jh shipper thought its not bad habit from JH. But hey ladies ! If you love someones you must love everything about her ! Even her bad act or ugly dance. You feel everything about her Cute ! But jh didnt lol 

• Like 14

7 hours ago, __jesse said:

But the funny thing is, the more detached you are, the clearer things become. By ep 14, I was pretty certain Taek's gonna be the husband. 

YES EXACTLY. That's why I never overlooked everyone's progress and you can see when JH's love arc with DS stopped, whill Taek's character and love arc continue to become more layered. 

23 hours ago, otomame said:

Correcting myself, this post isn't about similarities but it is associating Taek/Bora/Moosung to a King (Kim Suro) and Deoksun/Sunwoo/Sunyoung to a Queen

With the help of Korean to English translators and my little knowledge of Korean I tried to translate this and add some background information because I thought this is super interesting

Taek-Bora-Moosung: Characters who represent the King

1. Taekie and Moosung come from Gimhae-si, Bonghwang-dong (the royal tomb of King Kim Suro of Geumgwang is located in Gimhae)

3. In the Joseon era, Kings primarily used the shape of a turtle as seal (Note: Joseon era seals were mostly golden turtles and a royal seal signified the legitimacy of any king's rule)

4. When Taek proposed he used a golden turtle

5. Moosung's shop is called Bonghwangdang (Bonghwang = phoenix), Phoenix = symbol for King

Deoksun-Sunwoo-Sunyoung: Characters who represent the Queen

1. All three of them have the name "Sun" which was the most common character for the name of a Queen

2. Meaning of Deoksun = to be virtuous (deok-i), a word that is most commonly used to refer to a Queen

I also found another post talking about those references here with lots and lots of pictures of turtles/pisces/carps appearing in the background of the drama so go HERE for all the picture goodies. I'm just going to post this one, it's a picture from the historical site of King Kim Suro and as you can see: carps and turtles

Also the name of the actor who made a cameo in episode 3, stealing Junghwan's whiskey, is Kim Suro exactly the same name as the King. I thought that was a funny detail :lol: I'm repeating myself but GOD I LOVE THE WRITER

CACKLING on new easter eggs! This is glorious @otomame! Thanks for translating! Funny you brought this up coz in ep 1 when SW omma and Cheetah Omma were talking about JH and he appeared then SW Omma commented a korean idiom that translated to, "He (Junghwan) was obviously a slave in his past life." We see what you did there, writernim

• Like 8

@bebe1989 me too...IRY is my first time recognize his face, I should know him since I watch Blind but I really didn't remember how his look at that movie :sweatingbullets:

Taek's character is layered very well...every episode made me curious about him. But even if his screen time was a bit at the start, we never say that his character was like a cameo right? That's what I know from one JH shipper, she said JH in last 3 eps was like cameo. Remember that all cast in Reply series are protagonist, that's why the cast list showed horizontally not vertically like the most Kdrama.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, hushhh said:

When did I board the good ship Taekie?

Well I tuned in to watch Taek, not PGB but Taek.

I had been following the recaps on Dramabeans now and then.  Often that's how I decide what to watch; I read recaps until I feel intrigured enough to tune in.  I don't remember what episode made me want to watch, but I know is was Taek who did.

So I came in loyal to Taek and I wanted Taek to have what Taek wanted.  

So it wasn't the story structure or clues that made me think Taek was the husband, it was that I wanted Taek to be the husband because I wanted him to be happy. 

So that was where my heart was, didn't really need anyone to co-pilot that ship because I was going to steer it where I wanted. But I was very happy to find others interested in going to the destination where I wanted to go.

Are you my twin?? How did you write my thoughts? How did you do what I did too?? hehehhehe..

giphy.gif

high hive, chingu!!!

• Like 9

On 2/7/2016 at 7:44 AM, 13infamyss said:

I wonder how it was for everyone else? When have you decided on your OTP? And when did you feel like Taek could be the end game?

Hmm, can I join this? Is it too late? ehe

When did I decide my own OTP...

When was it? I think it was when I watched EP 9. Because from the start I just followed the drama without any husband hunt in mind. But in EP 9 there were many TK DS and JH DS scenes. I decided an OTP after watching the comparison between the two couples. One didn't give the jacket, and another one didn't even know that his sweater was being used by DS and he didn't mind it at all. And that "Yeppeo" owowow nice one

That was the beginning. Me and my green frog finally have a ship to sail.16%2B-%2B1

And when did I feel TK is the end game.. Ehm. I'm not sure when was it, because the time when I decided to have an OTP was also the time that I believed he is the end game. That is so simple like that ehe. Even though I had some 'wi arae' moments because this is Reply series, anything could happen and the twist would be painful. So I tried to believe it in low expectation.

But from EP 17 to 20 I was like.... TOLD YA!16%2B-%2B1

• Like 17

@sin921113 lol, i watch blind too, but i dont know where is park bo gum. Maybe because he got small role. 

Yeah, karma did exist lol. His screen time might be little in the begining, but i personally recognise his little screen time with meaning now, because they spend time, hangout, watching movie, at TK house. How he talk with ds dad, how they introduce him on ep 2. How they adore him as baduk famous person. 

Added: i was never on chilbong side, because i dont see how najung attracted to him. Just like yoon jae oppa. Hahaha.. But its different with taek, they cover him as precious person to all his friends that why we dont really sure at beginning..

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sin921113 said:

Honestly I watch this show because of PBG, but Taek has less screen time on some first episodes make me not interest in husband hunt. But one day my friend ask me, 'you on whose team?'. Still not sure but I was confidently say that 'I'm TeamTaek' while she was in opposite ship. At that time the show was aired till eps.14 but I just watch it till eps.7. I was in hurry watched eps.8 - 16, so at the end eps.16 I was still clueless about my OTP. Then I decided to lurked in MT during new year break, it help a bit.

Because of this Reply 1988, I couldn't watch another drama...so I though maybe rewatch the previous series will be more help. And yes that's a why I found that Baduk board when the gang talk about 88 things on Reply 1997. My SunTaek OTP officially decided!!! 

Not satisfied with MT, I move lurked in this thread and found so many interesting analysis that made me rewatch the show while waiting for the last 4 eps. At that rewatch time my shipper heart locked Taek as the end game on eps.2, just like the other friends said before that was because of DS patt TK's butt and if I was not miss heard DS referring herself as noona in her sentence. The Hubby showed and their convo over DS's diary at the end of eps.2 was my biggest reason why He must be TK. The future DS & TK convo was : 

DS : You read my diary right?

TK : No.

DS : Yeah, you did.

TK : I didn't.

DS : Ya! (translated as Hey on the sub). Be honest with me.

TK : How can you use 'Ya' to your husband?

DS :  If you can say it, why can't I? You did read it, didn't you?

TK :  I didn't.

Why TK asking that? And why DS answering like that? It was because DS is older than TK so she has the right to use that 'Ya' word to TK but TK is her husband that's why he a bit angry(?) to her.

And my other reason why it has to  be Taek was the 'Beach Date' official pictures that used in 3 different things.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAD-bfHIahT/

same here . because of park bo gum, i watched this show . Firstly i were in Main thread, very depress how dominant JH fan and even PBG fan became JH fan influence by majority . but i still continue watching the show because of PBG ( just want to be loyal fan of him).  Since DH and PBG looks good together, i came this thread and read and enjoyed all of the ladies comments, finally "this is it" :)

Our ship sail............

• Like 3

20160207_1454801062_94545100_1_99_201602

Park Bogum did an interview with TV Report (http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=213&aid=0000842929) & I'm not sure if it's been posted, but I translated some snippets that were interesting:

Spoiler

Q: When did you know that Taek was Deoksun's husband?

A: During episode 19. At first I didn't know who it was going to be. I knew that the 'Reply' series always had a husband hunt. The director told us that we were all lead roles and to not dwell on that but just concentrate and do well. I agreed with that and was just excited and happy to participate in the 'Reply' series together with such great people, no matter who the husband was going to be.

Honestly, I thought the husband was Junghwan. When Taek came into the picture I thought it was a reversal, because I didn't think he would be the husband. When Taek first kissed Deoksun in the dream, I only found out later that it wasn't a dream. I also didn't know of the reversal in year 2015. I thought it would end in 1994. But when the reversal (of adult DS/TK) in 2015 came out and Lee Miyeon sunbaenim appeared, I remember that we started becoming excited filming episode after episode, thinking 'Who are we?' When the scripts for episodes 19 and 20 came out, I accidentally received the script for adult (Taek). That was how I knew Deoksun's husband was Taek. (laugh)

Q: Kim Joohyuk was adult Taek - how did you feel about that?

A: I saw sunbaenim once. It wasn't during 'Reply' filming'. During 'Music Bank', '1 Night 2 Days' was filming so I was greeting (the cast) and got introduced to Cha Taehyun sunbaenim and Kim Joohyuk sunbaenim. Kim Joohyuk sunbaenim greeted me with 'Bogummie, Bogummie'. I'd like it if I could meet sunbaenim on (the set of) a good project. It was a pity we didn't have a chance to work together this time.

Q: There was the topic of 'EoNamRyu' vs. 'EoNamTaek'; was there a sense of rivalry between you two?

A: I personally didn't dwell on that topic because no matter who the husband was, I thought 'I'd like it if Deoksun was happy'. It seems like 'EoNamRyu' vs. 'EoNamTaek' came about because Junyeolie hyung acted so well/above and beyond the script, and I'm thankful for having received so much interest.

Q: You did your first ever kiss scene with Hyeri; how was it?

A: I was really nervous. I saw Hyeri's interviews and she said I was calm about it. I pretended to be calm and I did my best knowing that men have to read (the situation) well but I don't know if I did well. Hyeri followed my lead well and I felt really shy. The scene was also edited really well.

Q: How was the reward vacation in Phuket?

A: It was fun! We rode on an inflatable raft, went snorkeling, swam in the sea and also ate lobster. Honestly when I was filming 'Reply', I didn't have time to socialize with the hyungs and sunbaenims. I didn't do anything but sleep and play baduk and we didn't get to spend time together, so I was happy (in Phuket).

Q: There was the topic of your couple shots with Lee Ilhwa.

A: I saw the photos on the day we returned from Phuket,  when I was on the way to 'Music Bank'. I heard that response was good and a scandal broke out, but I was thankful to the extent of receiving so much interest and love. I don't know who took those photos but it seems like we left behind good memories. We were on the way to the beach for some sightseeing. Miran mom, Sunyoung mom were at the beach and other staff members had gone into the city or went to get massages so I met Ilhwa mom and went together with her.

:)

• Like 19

19 minutes ago, hojichas said:

Q: Kim Joohyuk was adult Taek - how did you feel about that?

A: I saw sunbaenim once. It wasn't during 'Reply' filming'. During 'Music Bank', '1 Night 2 Days' was filming so I was greeting (the cast) and got introduced to Cha Taehyun sunbaenim and Kim Joohyuk sunbaenim. Kim Joohyuk sunbaenim greeted me with 'Bogummie, Bogummie'. I'd like it if I could meet sunbaenim on (the set of) a good project. It was a pity we didn't have a chance to work together this time.

awwww seem 1n2d didn't show that part meeting Bogum for 1st time..i know they come to MB couple time during filming 1n2d though Joohyuk hyung busy looking at girl group lol..i really wanna see them in one screen...maybe someday can work in movie together :P

since he already work with In guk i wanna see Bogum work with the other husband, Jung Woo&his older version Kim Joo Hyuk im sure all the hyung gonna dotes on him :wub:

so cute Joohyuk already call him Bogummie XD

thanks for the trans ^_^ 

and happy Lunar New Year everybody

• Like 4

12 hours ago, lxands said:

For me I started to ship DS with SW because personally he's my type among the 4 boys. And since its still early & dont really have a clear idea what their real characters are, I too feel the same way as DS's girl friends who thinks SW pay more attention & concern abt her than the other boys. 

However while still shipping g SW, I have a suspicious feeling abt TK ever since DS willingly pat TK's bottom telling him to marry her & he didn't even flinch. Of cos after that there DS & JH's wall scene. The thing is with JH, I just don't feel his chemistry with DS.  So for me, episode 2, the seeds of suspicion on TK started to grow, but by episode 6, I was abt 80℅ sure TK is the end game mainly because the narration right before TK's phone call.

Hahah always wanted to say you were right all those times,back at the days when we had our own 'delulu' shipper thread,=D [no kidding,still proud of it and those times lol].You were always saying on our face how TK seems different,and how he seems like getting special treatment,every time he's on screen.Now that I look back,@meliere was right.We do have mix of foretellers here lol..

I found this out,when I was digging for timeline..You were just about right hahah.

On 11/29/2015 at 11:18 PM, lxands said:

I still believe PD Shin has some surprise in store for us. I don't believe he let us find the husband so straight forward.  If he intend to do so then he might just as well revealed his name from the beginning. 

Also I remember the writer & director are kind of mischief & they love giving misleading clues. Like the one in R94, they keep repeating the groom is very famous.  The famous one is Chilbong but it turn out that  Trash was captured on live tv while doing some emergency treatment for some baseball player or sumthing *roll-eyes*

In R97 YYJ is a top student & a respected attorney but he's just an idiot when with Shiwon

So my point is during the first introduction,  old DS said her husband used to be smart,  not necessarily referring to JH &SW but cud also referring to Taek, the genius baduk player, even if DS thought he's king of idiot at the time, or DR, their block's counsellor/advisor. 

Abt left handed, I'm left handed too. Yes I used chopstick with my left hand but if using fork & spoon I use the right away.... I also hold knife & needles with my right hand. Otherwise doing & holding stuff subconsciously I'll use my left hand. Reason is for using right hand when doing certain things is because practice.  Like for me holding knive & needle was taught by my mom who's right handed, so she used to hold my hand over hers so naturally I used right hand too.. so in Taek case his trainer probably was right handed too, also he use right hand to play baduk so his opponent won't see weakness, or probably its more respectful,  just like hand shake or giving/taking stuff from other party with a right hand.

• Like 11

When you truly love someone, you see them beyond the face that they show the world. You see what makes them tick, what makes them laugh, what makes them cry. And you hold their hand through all of that. This is the kind of love that Taek and Deok Sun have for each other.

• Like 17

For me, when I watched episode 6 I realized that I really loved TK and can't bear to see his heart breaking. I actually thought that I should just skip all the remaining episodes and only watch when the husband is announced. Haha of course that plan failed.

Then I planned to distance myself from wishing that they'll end up together but the beautiful beach date scene just sucked me in totally and made me invested. Another failed plan.

Finally I decided that the heart likes what it likes and went looking for kindred souls. I'm glad I found this thread. :heart:

By the way @Meliere , it was your post here that really made a believer out of me. Are you Ancestor Dong Ryong in disguise? :lol:

• Like 19