Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

8 hours ago, mellinadear said:

@hushhh since you are familiar with the acting industry, is there a way to act without making the "kiss sounds"? I know that BGMs are used to mute the sounds but I'm talking about the "BTS". 

I imagine it depends on the kind of kissing you are doing. 

Not all kinds of kissing comes with lots of sounds.

• Like 9

I am back from college.. wohooo let's continue!!

Everyone talking about the kissing sound.. am I left behind guys? I don't know which kissing scene you meant here, and what sound? LOL Please enlighten me pretty pleaaase..

Ep 3 was a bit painful to watch for me tbh, because of parents' fighting. They were so loud and hurtful to each other. I suppose money problem between couple is something very domestic. They can argue about money, but at the end of the day, the feelings of love and mutual understanding of each others' character is what carries the relationship forward..

Btw, DS and TK also have the same problem. He's being kind and generous at the verge of carelessness, similar to his father in law, lol.

answer20-00895.jpg

• Like 19

I think that if JH had loved DS enough, we'll be on a totally different ship right now. So irregardless of how dreamy and romantic he is, I believe that he never loved DS as much as he thought he did. Or else he would have had the same kind of desperation that CT did to be with DS.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, nearsea said:

I feel the same way.I remember someone probably DR rebuking him on episode 2:

"Look at how pale your face is. Don't just
stay at the Baduk Center and work out some too.

Is this your stomach or your back?
You're so thin.

I'm fine."

It's like everyone started on a clear palette,so we were never given any chance to think differently/or having any special opinion about him at so early period lol.But as time went by we watched a reversal of role,and TK came out the stronger one out of all five.So in sherlock style,when he's reading a person,he can tell exactly how one is by observing his characteristics,but here in the drama we could never tell how Taek is as person looking at him on episode 2/3/4,but gradually his traits are exposed right in front of our eyes,and we got to know more about him.Compared to that,JH/SW's story started as soon as the drama started rolling.Maybe there was a reason why the writer took a significant pause with TK's storytelling.

TK character is an introvert one. Instead of revealing all of him at the beginning, we were pushed to peel his layered character bit by bit.

Ep 1. First we learnt his profile as baduk player, and that's it.

Ep 2. More of Baduk oriented pov, as well as his awkward and silent persona, his baby side which was a contrast to his baduk pro profile, mature.. Then apparently he was just a lonely kid whose mother died at very young age, leaving him with his dad. His dynamic with friends

Ep??? Him being observant about DS and his family and friends. His kindness, his struggle, his love..

However, in term of winning audiences' heart, him being this fresh and unique, I think he would easily win by landslides if he were to be introduced too early. Besides, what's the fun lol... This way, we are able to get this AHA moments whenever TK able to counter whatever stigma sticked to him. (Baby vs taking care of others, weak vs inner great strength, etc). So it's like the writer is using his trope as a juxtaposition for the overdone conventional Kdrama trope. LWJ is so brave, and I appreciate her for being able to pull this to the end and not cowering to the comfortable path. That's why a lot of TK shippers were quite nervous in the beginning too, that despite the script pointing out TK as hubby, apparently JH's trope has the most resemblance to the usual Kdrama storyline. :) 

That absences in the early episodes can be explained with the Handicap metaphor. Taek baduk master gave the handicaps to his opponent. But don't forget that even though the Baduk master hasn't started his play, but his aura can easily intimidate whoever sits across the board. mwahahaha. <3 

• Like 17

13 minutes ago, fanatic- said:

I think that if JH had loved DS enough, we'll be on a totally different ship right now. So irregardless of how dreamy and romantic he is, I believe that he never loved DS as much as he thought he did. Or else he would have had the same kind of desperation that CT did to be with DS.

I don't expect ANY agreement on this.  

JH is good to look at--so maybe that is dreamy.

But who is he romantic towards?  None of his gestures, that I can remember, ever reached DS as romantic gestures.  

To my mind, in my opinion, from my perspective JH was in a romantic dream with his imaginary version of DS/ not with the human girl he knew, because she was not in that dream with him. Actually when she tried to get into that dream he ran away.

You can throw tomatoes if you want.  I'm wearing a red raincoat.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, nearsea said:

I feel the same way.I remember someone probably DR rebuking him on episode 2:It's like everyone started on a clear palette,so we were never given any chance to think differently/or having any special opinion about him at so early period lol.But as time went by we watched a reversal of role,and TK came out the stronger one out of all five.So in sherlock style,when he's reading a person,he can tell exactly how one is by observing his characteristics,but here in the drama we could never tell how Taek is as person looking at him on episode 2/3/4,but gradually his traits are exposed right in front of our eyes,and we got to know more about him.Compared to that,JH/SW's story started as soon as the drama started rolling.Maybe there was a reason why the writer took a significant pause with TK's storytelling.

Sorry to cut your post.

@saturn. actually posted this before in bogum's thread (I hope it's alright to post this here)

Actor Choi Moo Seung's interview (Taek's father)
http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201512170859203510

(He is a director in stage play. So he has very accurate eyes to see actors. Sorry I can't translate his exact words.)

"Taek has unique acting style. This drama is characterized as the character's personality is revealed more indirectly. So Taek(BBG) tried to act less than he did in the movie 'Chinatown'. He tried to act less, tried to hide. It's something different from temperance. He expresses while not showing off, like he does it in shapelessness. That's why he suits for Taek's character the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yah. imagine all the discussions and preparations that needs to be done for this character. It's all planned.

kudos to writer nim and of cos bogum's acting. 

I read fans naming Taek as the 'hidden' main lead.

I sent in this question for the interview but it wasn't picked; aww I wanted him to talk about this.

• Like 21

@bubbles

Oh, and has anyone been reading s for the drama review? I've read a few that are so discouraging. Everything is about Junghwan, and how heartbreaking ry is. Did we really wa,tch the same drama because I feel like we didn't. This whole hung up on Junghwan is such a disservice to the drama as a whole, it's almost like he was the only person in the drama. I know for some the ending is a bad ending because not everyone was given a conclusion scene and basically has decided to skip the last two episodes. I wasn't frustrated before but every review I read so far makes me want to pull my hair.

IKR?!!! I mean did they even watch Reply 1988 the drama? Because all they did were swooning at all JH's did even the time he's being a jerk like kicking a girl's butt when she's struggling to do a chores, and there are people who find it amusing when I find it annoying...after all they're not 10 anymore, they have long past their puberty.

And can't they get it this story is about Deok Sun.  A story started because of a middle age Deok Sun shares a tale about her own youth & adolescent years. That Deok Sun was sharing her memories tru an interview . It's all  about Deok Sun's feeling. About Deok Sun's family, friends & neighbors. Abt Deok Sun's love story. About Deok Sun's heart break. Abt the person who make Deok Sun happiest the most. About how Deok Sun falls in love. About Deok Sun's difficulties . About how Deok Sun learn abt love.... its all about Deok Sun, not Taek, not Junghwan & not hubby. Its Deok Sun....

As for ending, sure it'll be good if we could see how DS & TK reveal their relationship to their parents & their weddings & their children but with too many main characters & limited air time, its hard for them to film all the scenes.

For TK & DS ending, its good enuf to see DS & Taek are blissfully married 21 years after they were together, and Taek is still as possessive & very much in love with Deok Sun as he was in their teens. Also we know both DS parents always wanted & hoping TK to be their son in law, while Tk's appa has always approve of DS, even has given his blessing when he ask her parents permission to allow DS to accompany his teenage son, TK, to China. Only because of SW-BR complication that DS's mom strong objection of TK-DS, the rest of the parents just go along until things BRSW issue cool off. If TK &SW parents never get together, then TK- DS union isn't a problem.  Of cos in my own version I include TaekSun have a pair of twin, a girl named Choi Soo Yeon and a boy named Choi Seo Jun :D

For SW & BR ending, we see their wedding & they have a son Sung Jae Woo.

As for DR eending, in ep 19, from NE  & omma conversation we know he's dating someone young & tall (of cos we also know this was the cheeky part on PD Shin following real life dating reports of actor Lee Dong Hwi & model Jung Ho Yun) but we can say that he's doing just fine with his lovelife

20160106104053_s__6963246.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQW9dXQcflEKT-QfFTexEt

See DR wasn't doing so bad himself :P

As for JH he choose a dangerous & risky yet an honorable career, who can say he's not having a good ending? Just because he didnt win DS's love as a man doesn't mean she doesnt loves him. Even more he's sure than ever that Taek value him as much DS, that when he decided to pursue DS again, he went to see JH first because he really treasure their friendship . Same goes with JH, fully aware DS's heart now longing for someone else, JH told them to be together because he sincerely want them to be happy. As for his lovelife, as per my own version, after freeing himself from loving DS, he started to date casually but he's more focus on his work. He got promoted fast. He still see the Ssamungdung  friends from time to time tho not as frequent since his parents moved to the small town near Busan. He hardly ever see Jinjoo since they moved. Until he was posted to Seoul. He's 33 and JJ already in college & they fall in love. JH was afraid once again, this time he worried her family wud object because of their age gap & her brothers, SW & TK wud kill him. JJ tells him confidently, who are they to kill him since one of them go against the law & marry the same surname, the other one goes against the tradition & marry an in law ;);)  and we know SW's mom has no issue JJ marrying an older guy since she once hoping JJ wud marry TK...if JH marry JJ then it'll be a bonus that 4 out of 5 Ssamundung best buddies become one family...

Hahaha...see, I have my own ending now...

Edited by lxands
  • Like 12

Just coz I'm hooked,so I just checked the drama,which R88 was based upon,'Three Families Under One Roof (한지붕 세가족)" and some of the similarities are plainly there lol.Unfortunately there are not much information available on the internet in English regarding this drama or I would have loved to know more,to find out if there are any thing else that the writer was inspired from..Here's some links,maybe translators  from our thread can take a look if interested,=]]]:

https://namu.wiki/w/%ED%95%9C%EC%A7%80%EB%B6%95%20%EC%84%B8%EA%B0%80%EC%A1%B1

http://fivecard.joins.com/1226

http://www.lostmemory.kr/xe/tv/23838

***Btw I just found out this picture from this site.See the dolls!Now we know where the the idea behind the props came from lol.

rTHuLue.png

The photo below certainly touches the nostalgic mood.

2767A24352DE33EB271CEF

212A863552DE374202BFF0

The first pic from the leftmost above,the three guys look like our dead pack combo from reply'88 lol : Sung dad,Kim dad and Dong Ryong dad.

-------

"Three Families Under One Roof (한지붕 세가족) was a MBC Sunday morning family drama that aired for eight years between November 9, 1986 until November 13, 1994.

It is considered to be one of the longest running Korean dramas of all times. If I recall correctly, it’s third only to Diary of a Rural Village (전원일기), which aired for 22 years from 1980 until its finale in 2002, and Love on a Jujube Tree (대추나무 사랑걸렸네), which aired for 17 years from 1990 until 2007.  As typical of such long-running dramas, Three Families Under One Roof went through several director, writer, and cast changes during its 8-year run.

The story was a simple one of conflicts and camaraderie between neighbors, and similar to American family sitcoms, it had a new story every week. The three main families lived at a two-story house, with the landlord’s family occupying the first floor, a tenant’s family living on the second floor, and another tenant’s family living in what I can only best describe as a one room unit adjacent to the main house (it always reminded me of a garage turned into a living dwelling).

The earlier cast members included Lim Chae Moo (Golden Bride), Lim Hyun Shik (Dae Jang Geum), Park Won Sook (Three Sisters), Hyun Suk (You’re My Destiny), and Choi Joo Bong (Harvest Villa, Everybody Cha Cha Cha).

Indisputably, the biggest star of the show was the child actor, Lee Gun Joo, who stole the hearts of the entire country in his role as  Soondol, the chubby troublemaker son of Lim Hyun Shik and Park Won Sook. Even to this day, many people say all they remember whenever they think of Three Familes Under One Roof is Soondol.[I can see some resemblance in JB hyung =/]

[Courtesy:blue1004's blog]

From another site found this pic.The kid here[*Soondol the troublemaker] is supposedly at the center of this drama [?],not sure.This setup below is somewhat similar to TK father's shop.So JB=TK? @packmule3 could be happy from this info.Though I know nothing about this drama,so I could be getting it wrong here lol.

74755579.2.jpg

image162.jpg?w=640

• Like 19

@snolaxy Wow thank you for sharing Choi Moo Sung's interview.This surely helps to get more hold on TK's character profile and PBG's personification of TK.But did you mean Bogum is a director in theater? Or was that CMS. I did read in one of PBG's interview that he have given direction for a play or something.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, fanatic- said:

Hi :D You have a refreshing point of view. And I'm curious to know what you meant by "if JH had loved DS enough"... would you mind elaborating what you thought how he would have showed that love and why you think shippers choice would have been different if JH loved DS more than TK? Or did you mean if JH had a different personality?

I am one of the many here on this thread who think that while JH-DS is a conceivable endgame, in reality that relationship would have been rife with misunderstandings and miscommunication if you consider JH's personality and DS' innate need to be validated. 

I'm rambling, but what I've been meaning to say.. it doesn't matter who loved DS the most, it's who DS feels she's happy with the most. Fortunately as it turned out in this story, the guy we  earnestly shipped (see reasons for shipping on page 1 of this thread) was the one DS fell in love with. :)

• Like 12

5 hours ago, shooastrid said:

It almost sounds like a conspiracy, isn't it? not Monalisa's smile but Deoksoen's laugh.. lol.

If you haven't read @mangachickava's speculation on 1974 guys, you should! It's genius, and I got shivers from reading it. If it happens to be the next Reply's take indeed, then we all owe her Ramyun and Ddukbokki, lol. <3

But I come with more!!! 

remember that wiretapping that we HEAR not SEE.

Well DS's dad said to go on NBC (not MBC) and well isnt NBC an AMERICAN channel that only came to Korea in 1994? (fun fact: 1988 Olympics in Korea was the first one they fully televised)

Funny in August 1974, the President of USA, Richard Nixon, resigned because he was caught wiretapping ( the infamous Watergate Scandal). He was the US president during the end of the Second Korean War which USA was an ally to SK against NK and was the first and only president to resign which made huge news worldwide.  (thanks  @packmule3)

and

remember the EP 3 Title: 

tumblr_o259c7cuLv1sgauc3o1_1280.png

@moonkeeper made a great finding:

That is Yi Sun-Shin, the famous Korean naval commander that was famous for his victories over Japan and responsible for the "turtle ships" used to fight Japanese invasion from sea. 

but also that title links to the scene right after

tumblr_o259etdi5s1sgauc3o1_1280.png

Ji Kang Won 

was a convict that escaped in Oct 8, 1988 with 12 others and during it he coined the term:

“If you have money, non-guilty. If you don’t have money, guilty” is used to criticize politicians or elites in corporations who get away with bribery and embezzlement

There was even a movie made about his life:

Based on the nine-day real life drama, thief Ji Kang-hyeok -- as the Ji Kang-hun character played by Lee Seong-jae is called in the film -- loses his mind at a slum demolition site when Ju-hwan, a close disabled friend, is shot to death by policeman Ahn-seok (played by Choi Min-su) during a protest. 

The slums were torn down to make Seoul a cleaner, more presentable city for the Olympics, and in the name of development the poor lost their homes and fell into a bottomless pit. Some turned to crime to survive. In the movie, things turn from bad to worse when a new warden takes office at the prison where Ji is held: it is Ahn-seok who, as a manifestation of the injustice surrounding him, torments Ji every chance he gets, until Ji sees no other way but to try and escape

hmmm but it is weird...what I hear from the TV doesn't match the actual date of his escape. But hey the content is what matters right? 

I wonder if LWJ sat in Cafe Banjul like JB:

Café Banjul opened in 1974 when Jongno witnessed an explosion of creativity with writers, painters, photographers, musicians and artists flocking to the area’s cafes and cheap eateries...Jongno has lost the splendor it enjoyed in the ‘70s, but we want to bring that back again with Banjul.

*Jongno is a district

• Like 9

About the famous KISS SOUND that was mentioned in the interview and uri PBG seemed not to know about that...bc he was so immersed in their kissing scene..:wub: is..

If I'm not mistaken...it was in this part!

IUIi0Oz.gif

please turn up your volume and replay that scene...paly paly!!!

cr gif: to the right owner

• Like 8

@hushhh @pixiemoondust What I meant was like in a previous post that I wrote, JH didn't seem to be earnest enough. It can't be said that JH totally wasn't in sync with DS as it is that he never seemed to try as hard. While I believe that DS have always liked CT anyway, it was to JH that she opened her heart first but he simply failed to come through(hesitated way too much when she was crying at the stairs and to meet her at the concert). Honestly speaking, if he had turned up first during atleast one of those times, he would have validated his feelings. But like he said so himself, that despite everything, he simply didn't want to be with DS as much as CT did.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, IsabelinaD said:

Their feet are so n'sync ♥♥

응답 친구들 모두 사랑하는 가족과 함께 따뜻한 설 연휴 보내세요! #응답하라1988

To all of our Reply friends, spend a warm Lunar New Year holiday together with your beloved family! #Reply1988

source: http://fyparkbogum.tumblr.com/

Not only that, they both are using left hands in this picture. Yin and yang even here!

But seriously how close Hyeri and Bogum are? They can link arms with each other, hugs freely, Hyeri doesn't even hesitate to touch/caress Bogum's face, even calls him her husband in one interview. I feel like if they both got caught in a dating scandal together people would reply "Eh, but these two friends are originally close, I'm sure it is nothing". :D

• Like 11