Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

I think they can film things, but not know how it was going to be presented. They also might film things that never make it to the episode. The kiss was presented as a possible dream, and wasn't brought up again until ep. 19.  Maybe he just wasn't sure right after.  Who knows. Plus he's just being humble and isn't going to say outright he thought he'd be the husband and when.  

• Like 16

12 minutes ago, syaiira said:

If I get 10 points from the drama, I want to retrieve it to the director and scriptwriter that made Choi Taek.”

I love Park Bogum so much for this. He's so humble and gives credit where credit is due. He's slaying these interviews left and right.

He really is the captain of our ship!

Thank you @syaiira for sharing the translated news ♥

• Like 18

Hmmm.... I guess I kinda understand why people in this room "hesitate" . High expectation can lead to extreme pain and severe disappoinment  if it turns that the outcome is not what is expected. So, to avoid that excruciating pain and anger and disappoinment--> lower the expectation. And the result of the high expectation? that's exactly what happened to the other side.

• Like 13

9 hours ago, packmule3 said:

QUESTION AND ANSWER.

For @hafunohane and @mangachickava

Question 18: Why are you so sure DS’ first love ≠ SW? 
Answer: Why was I so sure that TK = Husband? ;)

Altogether, the timeline + DS’ reactions + their names mean that DS' first love isn't SW.  DS’ First Love = TK. 

Haha, thanks for answering my question. It wasn't mine per se, but I can't say i never thought about it in the past :) 

I just wanna share HOW IMPORTANT FIRST LOVE IS TO THIS WRITER. from R1997, to 1994, to 1988... there has been one steady thing... Her entire script is an ode to first love. This is YJ's narration from ep 16 finale:

"First love. The reason everyone’s first love is beautiful is not only because the love was pretty. At the time of first love, there was a youthfulness that didn’t know how to be wise, a me who was pure to the point of cruelty, and a you whose fire I couldn’t handle. It’s because I already know that I can never go back to that youthful, innocent, passionate time.

First love is reckless. Without calculating, it throws everything in with pure passion, and inevitably fails. But that’s why it’s dramatic—the reckless tales wrapped up in experiences or feelings that you can never have again.

First love is a time. Once it passes, it’s gone. Now you have to give a new love and a new time a chance. It might not be the experience or the purity of first love, but out of that scar is a love that grows and becomes a little more mature—you have to wait for an adult love. Only those who wait can dream of love.

When romance passes, life comes. Purity gets dirtied, passion freezes over, and youth turns to shrewdness as you age. That innocent era’s first love becomes fatigued and exhausted daily routine… and is why first love appears to be something that can’t be realized. Because those who succeed at realizing their first love… don’t tell you.

Succeeding at first love is nice too. There’s comfort that’s even better than your favorite sweater, but also an excitement that you can find when you’re tired of that comfort. As childhood playmates, as first loves, as lovers, and as husband and wife, we live through the same times, share the same memories, and grow old together. A familiar excitement. It’s nice."

credit: dramabeans.

an ode to a character so special. someone whose first love is our homegirl DS <3

tumblr_o12w8bTyzE1sw3vnio4_400.giftumblr_o12w8bTyzE1sw3vnio3_400.gif

tumblr_o12w8bTyzE1sw3vnio1_400.giftumblr_o12w8bTyzE1sw3vnio2_400.gif

• Like 20

11 minutes ago, PiggyKid said:

I love how at first he also thought that JH is the husband, but then later the way Taek shows his love for DS through many scenes threw him off, he probably realized that this is what a husband/main love-interest should do. 

And i think that the writers and staff did indeed revealed the husband's indentity first and only to Hyeri in ep 15-16. Remember RJY also said in his Vapp interview he thought JH and DS will get together in ep 18, but then he received the script and got heartbroken for JH. Shin PD really knows how to keep a secret lol :) 

For Bogum, he didnt think about the husband hunt too much so even though he always have this feeling that Taek is the husband, he didnt want to be sure before having any concrete evidence :) that is very professional of him :) 

So Hyeri found out who the husband is in ep 15-16, RJY in ep 18, and Bogum in ep 19. Just like how DS realized her feelings for Taek was indeed love in ep 15-16, JH gave up entirely on his first love in ep 18 after making sure of DS's feelings, and how Taek found out DS loves him in ep 19 :) I see what you did there Shin PD, you wicked bastard ;)

Great strategy.

The actors only know when their characters know. This way they are never in danger of playing the end of the drama, only going from moment to moment.

• Like 12

@hushhh I always thought Hyeri's question to Shin PD in ep 16 is odd. I mean isnt that something DS would ask herself in that situation? "Why cant i sleep just because Taek cancelled the date? I didnt behave this way when it comes to SW or JH, so why Taek?" 

The answer is simple though :) its because she loves him, or like how shin PD gave it straight to her: " Because Taek is the husband" ;) 

• Like 6

Don't be modest.  He's the master of kissing.  

I also liked how happy and grateful he is to work with the writer and PD.  Love it. 

After reading both guy's answers about the husband hunt and Deok-Sun's choice, I think Hyeri is the one who understood everything best. :sweatingbullets:   I'm still waiting for more translations though.  But so far...! Though that's to be expected since she's immersed in playing Deok-Sun. 

• Like 10

@chickfactor Thanks for the translation.. ^^

I hope his wish come true.. I bet more actors or actresses wanna join the next project with him.. He already proved his great acting in various role even as villain or cute feminize boy lol.. he already become  part of my bias along with Jo In Sung, Kang Dong Won and Yoo Seung Ho..

Cant wait for his next project.. :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: WISH U ALL THE BEST..

• Like 7

Something in common... every actor said they did not know they were the husband until the end.. :phew:

http://www.xportsnews.com/jenter/?ac=article_view&entry_id=386416 - 1997

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201401040100033000001769&servicedate=20140104 - 1994

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201602060100052620003161&servicedate=20160205 - 1988

I think we have most of this, but 

• Like 16

[Herald Interview] ‘Reply 1988’ leaves mark on Park Bo-gum

restmb_jhidxmake_php_idx_5_simg_20160205

Actor Park Bo-gum poses for a picture before an interview at a Seoul cafe on Thursday. (Yoon Byung-chan/The Korea Herald)

The article will be followed by the full transcripts of the interview. --Editor

Park Bo-gum spoke slowly, his words interspersed with child-like smiles. It was as if Park’s “Reply 1988” character Choi Taek had jumped off screen into real life. 

“I realized that I’m similar to my ‘Reply 1988’ character in real life. I’m like an iron fist in a velvet glove, just like Choi Taek in the TV series,” the 22-year-old told The Korea Herald in Seoul last Thursday.

“It was an honor to the whole family for me to be part of the amazing TV series. But fame doesn’t last forever. I know I shouldn’t settle for what I have right now, and be more modest and thankful (for my achievements). I know more than anyone else that I wouldn‘t be here if not for the help of my family, agency and fans,” he said in tears, getting a bit emotional. 

“Reply 1988” was a record-breaking cable TV series that roused nostalgia of the 1980s across the country. It was so popular that it brought back elements of the 1980s comedy, music, fashion and even people’s longing for interpersonal relationships in the old days. 

While it comes as a big pressure to take the next step under the spotlight, the actor said “every work has been a pressure to do well.”

“Since my debut in 2011, I’ve thought that every TV series or film I’m starring in is the biggest work of my life. I know I just have to be hard-working and focused on what I do, as I have done in the past five years,” Park said. 

Despite his early achievements as an actor, he was just like any other college student at his age.

Asked what his biggest concerns were, the actor hesitated for a second and answered “registering college courses,” saying he does not want to miss out on life as an ordinary college student. Park is currently a third-year in studying musical drama at Myungji University.

“To be honest, I want to go back to high school and finish do things I wasn’t able to do (because I was preparing to become an actor). I’ve learned that there is a time for everything. I want to fully enjoy my college life and maybe someday be in a musical with the things I learned at school.”

Park has been in the public eye over the past few years, by appearing in hit films “China Town,” “The Admiral: Roaring Currents” as well as the TV series “Cantabile Tomorrow” and “I Remember You.”

By Suk Gee-hyun (monicasuk@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 24

11 hours ago, packmule3 said:

3) Her GEISHA make-up.  This is the GIVEAWAY. So many people have talked about this geisha make-up but they don't UNDERSTAND the significance.   

Look: DS has a conundrum that day in August. No matter how nice SW was, she only liked him as a friend. But since she was told that he liked her as a GIRLFRIEND, she had to be NICE to him.  She didn’t want him to be hurt because she already liked TK. So when SW dropped by to invite her for ramen at TK’s room, she PLANNED to TERMINATE his supposed crush on her with the Geisha make-up. 

Didn’t you get that? She wasn’t making herself pretty for SW. She was making herself UGLY so SW wouldn’t find her attractive anymore and would end his supposed "liking" for her. Shaking my head here….

DS knew how to put on makeup to make herself pretty. Watch Episode 1, at 54:51. She applied her own make-up for the camera interview. So she definitely knew what looks good on her and not. And geisha look was definitely ugly. 

11 hours ago, packmule3 said:

성덕선's closest spelling is what was written on her passport ep 9: SEONG(성) DEOK(덕) SEON(선).
The ㅓin her name is spelled as EO.
But anyone can spell it either way: Duk Sun, Deok Sun, Duk Seon. 
Sung Sun Woo's closest spelling (성선우) is SEONG (성) SEON (선) WOO (우)
And, yes, both Seon Woo and Deok Seon have (선) in their name.

Do you, ladies, see the problem her? Do you see the joke that the Scriptwriter had planned from the very beginning? SW cannot be DS’ first love because he’s her TWIN. 

Her twin!  lol.

If the parents in Ssangmundong were upset with Bora and SW’s union, then, the entire country would be discombobulated with a DS and SW pairing. Do you see the incongruity? If they were to register their names in marriage, it would look like this:

Sung, DeokSeon  DOB: Sept 17, 1971. 
Sung, SeonWoo   DOB: Sept 17, 1971.

They shared the same birth year, the same birth month, the same birth date, the same last name AND the same given name. They even live in the same neighborhood, too. They were twins from different mothers. SW cannot be DS’ first love because as this ludicrous trope goes, he’s her TWIN. The scriptwriter set it up.They weren't meant to be.... :D

wow... those are so spot on... love your theory as always.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, kepogee said:

Q: What do you think about the ending? 
(Asked by Joyce Ann San Pedro)

From the beginning of the TV series, I’ve always thought Hyeri should get married to a person she can be happy with.

17 minutes ago, sara2908 said:

“It was an honor to the whole family for me to be part of the amazing TV series. But fame doesn’t last forever. I know I shouldn’t settle for what I have right now, and be more modest and thankful (for my achievements). I know more than anyone else that I wouldn‘t be here if not for the help of my family, agency and fans,” he said in tears, getting a bit emotional. 

*slow claps*

My beautiful man :wub:

• Like 11

29 minutes ago, sara2908 said:

Whoaaaaaaa he is indeed so humble.. Adore his humility.. Please be humble as u are even fame shine on u so bright.. I always remember Yoo Jae Suk said that he worked so hard because he realized there limitation for everyone fame in entertainment world so he keep make it longer and longer with his hard work.. Hope he also did the same and stay humble so it could lead him to successful path in loooooooooong time.. :wub: Lee Dong Hwi also said there is expiration in everyone fame in funny way lol.. hehehehe.. 

26 minutes ago, kepogee said:

Q: Are there other roles that you wanted to try in “Reply 1988?”
(Asked by Ida May, Ev Kyu)

When I first auditioned for the drama, I didn’t think I was going to play Choi Taek. The director made me do lines of different roles similar to “Reply 1988” characters and told me that I’d do good in playing Taek. During the audition he made me act cursing on people, and I think he found that funny and thought of me as Choi Taek. 

Q: What do you think about the ending? 
(Asked by Joyce Ann San Pedro)

From the beginning of the TV series, I’ve always thought Hyeri should get married to a person she can be happy with. I felt bad from Junghwan’s perspective, because Ryu did so well in expressing Junghwan’s feelings. 

Whoooooaaa pd nim also find his cursing funny.. Thats could mean he couldnt really cursing at others right.. So cuuuuteeeee... ^^ Love that..

• Like 9