Quantcast

11 hours ago, packmule3 said:

3) Her GEISHA make-up.  This is the GIVEAWAY. So many people have talked about this geisha make-up but they don't UNDERSTAND the significance.   

Look: DS has a conundrum that day in August. No matter how nice SW was, she only liked him as a friend. But since she was told that he liked her as a GIRLFRIEND, she had to be NICE to him.  She didn’t want him to be hurt because she already liked TK. So when SW dropped by to invite her for ramen at TK’s room, she PLANNED to TERMINATE his supposed crush on her with the Geisha make-up. 

Didn’t you get that? She wasn’t making herself pretty for SW. She was making herself UGLY so SW wouldn’t find her attractive anymore and would end his supposed "liking" for her. Shaking my head here….

DS knew how to put on makeup to make herself pretty. Watch Episode 1, at 54:51. She applied her own make-up for the camera interview. So she definitely knew what looks good on her and not. And geisha look was definitely ugly. 

11 hours ago, packmule3 said:

성덕선's closest spelling is what was written on her passport ep 9: SEONG(성) DEOK(덕) SEON(선).
The ㅓin her name is spelled as EO.
But anyone can spell it either way: Duk Sun, Deok Sun, Duk Seon. 
Sung Sun Woo's closest spelling (성선우) is SEONG (성) SEON (선) WOO (우)
And, yes, both Seon Woo and Deok Seon have (선) in their name.

Do you, ladies, see the problem her? Do you see the joke that the Scriptwriter had planned from the very beginning? SW cannot be DS’ first love because he’s her TWIN. 

Her twin!  lol.

If the parents in Ssangmundong were upset with Bora and SW’s union, then, the entire country would be discombobulated with a DS and SW pairing. Do you see the incongruity? If they were to register their names in marriage, it would look like this:

Sung, DeokSeon  DOB: Sept 17, 1971. 
Sung, SeonWoo   DOB: Sept 17, 1971.

They shared the same birth year, the same birth month, the same birth date, the same last name AND the same given name. They even live in the same neighborhood, too. They were twins from different mothers. SW cannot be DS’ first love because as this ludicrous trope goes, he’s her TWIN. The scriptwriter set it up.They weren't meant to be.... :D

wow... those are so spot on... love your theory as always.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, kepogee said:

Q: What do you think about the ending? 
(Asked by Joyce Ann San Pedro)

From the beginning of the TV series, I’ve always thought Hyeri should get married to a person she can be happy with.

17 minutes ago, sara2908 said:

“It was an honor to the whole family for me to be part of the amazing TV series. But fame doesn’t last forever. I know I shouldn’t settle for what I have right now, and be more modest and thankful (for my achievements). I know more than anyone else that I wouldn‘t be here if not for the help of my family, agency and fans,” he said in tears, getting a bit emotional. 

*slow claps*

My beautiful man :wub:

• Like 11

29 minutes ago, sara2908 said:

“It was an honor to the whole family for me to be part of the amazing TV series. But fame doesn’t last forever. I know I shouldn’t settle for what I have right now, and be more modest and thankful (for my achievements). I know more than anyone else that I wouldn‘t be here if not for the help of my family, agency and fans,” he said in tears, getting a bit emotional. 

Whoaaaaaaa he is indeed so humble.. Adore his humility.. Please be humble as u are even fame shine on u so bright.. I always remember Yoo Jae Suk said that he worked so hard because he realized there limitation for everyone fame in entertainment world so he keep make it longer and longer with his hard work.. Hope he also did the same and stay humble so it could lead him to successful path in loooooooooong time.. :wub: Lee Dong Hwi also said there is expiration in everyone fame in funny way lol.. hehehehe.. 

26 minutes ago, kepogee said:

Q: Are there other roles that you wanted to try in “Reply 1988?”
(Asked by Ida May, Ev Kyu)

When I first auditioned for the drama, I didn’t think I was going to play Choi Taek. The director made me do lines of different roles similar to “Reply 1988” characters and told me that I’d do good in playing Taek. During the audition he made me act cursing on people, and I think he found that funny and thought of me as Choi Taek. 

From the beginning of the TV series, I’ve always thought Hyeri should get married to a person she can be happy with. I felt bad from Junghwan’s perspective, because Ryu did so well in expressing Junghwan’s feelings. 

Whoooooaaa pd nim also find his cursing funny.. Thats could mean he couldnt really cursing at others right.. So cuuuuteeeee... ^^ Love that..

• Like 9

59 minutes ago, kepogee said:

From the beginning of the TV series, I’ve always thought Hyeri should get married to a person she can be happy with. I felt bad from Junghwan’s perspective, because Ryu did so well in expressing Junghwan’s feelings.

Screenshot_2016_02_05_16_23_04.png

Park Bogum is #TEAMDUKSEON !!!!!

Daebak. That's our boy!

I luff you. 

• Like 19

1 hour ago, melissala said:

After reading both guy's answers about the husband hunt and Deok-Sun's choice, I think Hyeri is the one who understood everything best. :sweatingbullets:   I'm still waiting for more translations though.  But so far...! Though that's to be expected since she's immersed in playing Deok-Sun. 

i think it because the ultimate choice is still on DS hand...so even if Bogum think he could be husband but like he said there could still be a final twist so he keeping low baduk etiquette expectation doesn't mean he don't understand..he just keep acting as usual without any changes in his love but it DS who gonna make the choice and Hyeri herself still feel confuse until ep16 which part of pd plan..beside his and RJY script might be different he only got his scene with Hyeri&the gang but don't know what kind of scene JH&DS is having beside he don't even film the JH confession scene together since the pd might keep secret from him to surprised for ep19 shooting?

but for me deep down im sure Bogum knew Taek have high possibility as husband that only final twist can change that but for me he doing great job at answering as humble as possible&smart without showing he expected too much or over confident to be husband :P he choose his word carefully&showing respect to the script,PD,co-actors&staff...with how he talk about his company im sure he is under very good hand..

• Like 15

@salz  very true.  it did come down to it being her choice.  And every husband (as I linked before) said they didn't know before the end, so it's common.   And I like how he said he didn't know he would be the husband, but Taek was devoted to DS and spent a lot of time with her.  So he's saying he sees how he's the husband even if he won't really say it.  I honestly like how he said it more than other people not understanding her choice or saying she should have made a different one.  It wasn't their choice, but Deok-Sun's choice and her feelings.  It wasn't about what the guy's felt or did.  And yes I'm glad he said he wanted her to be happy. Hyeri said the same thing. :D  

I also really like how they aren't totally sure about how the plot is going.  They are in there blind, and only know things when they watch the episodes like us.  So, I can see again why he wasn't sure about the dream kiss. 

• Like 11

44 minutes ago, kepogee said:

awww Bogummy is team HyeriDeoksun:wub: he is right she should marry who she most happy with and that obviously not JH :P so for Bogum/Taek of course he know who made DS most happy :P 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, melissala said:

After reading both guy's answers about the husband hunt and Deok-Sun's choice, I think Hyeri is the one who understood everything best. :sweatingbullets:   I'm still waiting for more translations though.  But so far...! Though that's to be expected since she's immersed in playing Deok-Sun. 

I have this thought that he is aware Hyeri is the best person to talk about the husband choosing game in and no position to talk about the husband hunt process since he and RJY when it came down to the choosing part, they were both at receiving end of the stick. And I can see that he took utmost care to watch his words by not projecting his personal feelings to his character TK and consequently avoid fanning shipping wars or ruffling people's feathers he worked with. Like the exemplerary young man that he is, he directed focus on the good parts about his Reply1988 experience.  Looks like he thought very hard about the questions that would come his way and listened to those who counseled him about what best to say. Very good PR indeed as @mangachickava said :)

--------------

ETA: Bogummy also said it was all down to who will make DS happy, much like what Hyeri said. Out of the three (in the love triangle) I think these two really understood their characters well and the writer's intent. 

• Like 14

On 01/02/2016 at 8:55 PM, __jesse said:

Afterword

Why did DS insist she gave the chocolate to Taek?

Well, she lied. She did not want Taek to find out, because SW was her brother-in-law and Taek’s step-brother. Little did she know that Taek had already found out about SW.

It was not uncommon for DS to lie. She lied a few times, especially when it came to protecting her pride as a woman. First, it happened in Taek’s room. Then, she lied about the concert. Finally, she lied again when Taek came to her rescue.

Whenever DS lied, she tends to repeat herself over and over again. That’s a telltale sign. We didn’t know how frequently she lied until ep 18, so we were inclined to believe her. But look at their dialogue again.

Taek: Who did you give the chocolate to? It wasn’t me.
DS: Jesus… Why did you read someone else’s diary? Huh? Why?
Taek: Who did you give it to?
DS: (loudly) I gave it to you!
Taek: You want to die? It wasn’t me!
DS: (softly) Yeah, it was. It wasn’t you? (avoiding eye contact) Yeah, it was.
Taek: I’ll come back after a smoke. (Taek leaves)
DS: It was you!
Taek: (off camera) I told you, it wasn’t me!
DS: (after Taek left) Geez… it was him. It’s been almost 30 years, so I guess he forgot. He was so smart back then, too.

Just moments earlier, DS was reading her diary. She should remember exactly who, how and when she gave the chocolate. But she quickly lowered her voice and avoided eye contact. Taek knew her too well. He could tell immediately that she was lying, so he excused himself to avoid further conflict. Only after Taek left did she continue to insist her stand to the reporter.

I agree with you're chocolate theory , I've been processing about the chocolate mystery but can't solved it. after read your chocolate theory part 1 and part 2. Yours is most logical one. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, melissala said:

I also really like how they aren't totally sure about how the plot is going.  They are in there blind, and only know things when they watch the episodes like us.  So, I can see again why he wasn't sure about the dream kiss. 

yeah like in Hyeri script there there confirmation he is her husband with her disappoint over cancel date, the way she looking at Taek even more loving, she staying behind looking at him sleeping, she can't sleep after kissing him, she practicing on her morning greeting for Taek after the kiss, she disappoint when he say it a relieved im sure none of it appear in Bogum script so he only film it from his own script so he not sure about the dream kiss like the viewer..

yeah what i love both him & Hyeri answer what they want is DS happiness rather than focus on the husband hunt 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, ohlalaw said:

could anyone translate this part?

this news also was trending.

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=081&aid=0002679840&gid=999339&cid=1012695

“택이는 겉으로는 순수하고 멍해 보여도 남자답고 우직한 외유내강 스타일인 것 같아요. 저도 평범하지만 한 가지에 꽂히면 몰두하는 집중력이 있는 편이거든요. 연애할 때도 한 사람에게만 집중하지만 한번에 두 가지를 못하는 성격이라 연기를 시작한 이후엔 연애를 한번도 못 했어요(웃음). 아, 그런데 저 신발끈도 잘 묶고 택이처럼 뭐든지 챙겨 줘야 하는 남자는 아니에요.”

Taek may appear innocent and spaced-out on the outside but I think he is manly, honest to a fault, and [gentle in appearance, but sturdy[tough] in spirit, an iron hand in a velvet glove] style. I'm myself ordinary, but when I focus on something, I tend to concentrate on that one thing and get absorbed, too. When I act, I focus on one person (that character) but with my personality I'm not good at multi-tasking so once I began acting I have never been able to date anyone (laugh). Ah, but I can tie my own shoes and I'm not the kind of man that needs someone to take care everything for him.

(FYI, the word I put in italics is: 외유내강, I just cut-n-pasted the entire definition from Naver dictionary)

• Like 17

Congratulations to You Ladies who's questions got selected and answered by pbg. Woot woot.

• Like 11

She looks really tired :( poor baby :(

@snolaxy love love love your translation :) as we suspected they do have different script from the beginning :) what a way to keep a secret haha :rolleyes:

And found this on instagram :phew: 
Plz someone make this happens!!! :wub:

• Like 13