Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

@hafunohane. Thank you so much Chingu, You have worked hard ^^ Actually I have an idea but I don't know if it's too much of a hassle for us :/ I want to see some beautiful posts organized on main page for example  color theory, soulmate insights, parallel discoveries, symbolism, gifs and baduk analysis oh and beautiful fan arts @gerimisore^^ For instance everyone who shared those knows themselves and we can use their  activity pages as short cut...No? 

Edit: Don't misunderstand I'm not trying to prove anything let's not include clues because  our insights won't change the ending but ending also won't change our insights  that's why I kinda want to cheerish our exchanges in this thread ^^ 

• Like 9

Hi everybody.its my first time writing a post as i am huge fan of taek and dukseon and i am very pleased to have found this forum. i wanted to share something with all of you..i was re watching reply's 2nd episode and noticed something. maybe its not significant and it might not be an accurate clue. my sis said it isn't important but still i wanted to write a post about it. i have read about it somewhere else too...

Kim joo hyuk (the actor playing future husband) was born on 3rd october 1972. At the end of 2nd episode, the gang celebrates taek's birthday.... In the mid of episode(around 32:06), they tell something about summer olympics 1988 coming to end at 7pm...1988 summer Olympics's end date is 2nd october 1988 (i have confirmed it).So maybe it is morning of 2nd october. Now,dukseon grandmother died at the same day and they went to funeral..i think drama tells story about everyday's life i.e day by day story'(sometimes, they just tell us the month seperately if indicating time skip) .that means dukseon came back the very next day and celebrated taeks birthday at night. so taek has same birthday as kim joo hyuk.... i.e 3rd october 1972 unless taek's exact date of birth is confirmed.

• Like 13

@onlysb1 You know, i've thought about posting those as well, i think it would be neat so we can keep track of everything and have points of reference to look back to while watching the remaining 4 episodes. it will also give us stuffs to discuss here until january 8. now, now.. i'm gonna need a lot of help in curating these as there are 16 episodes' worth of clues, hints, etc 9which may all be red herrings in the end but it's all fun and games until then). 

here are the major things for consideration that i could think of:

1. DOLLS: where they appear, what relevance they have to our TK-DS storyline, etc. i'm hesitant to include these because there are times when the dolls are present in the strangest of places.. like that one scene when we see the red doll on its own on the desk when Sungdaddy met with Noeul's teacher plus the three nekkid dolls when DS was meeting her girlfriends.

160e7mc.pngCVjby17UkAAKR22.jpg

2. TAEK'S COLOR: Now, this is big. but, if we're going by the main thread discussions... they assume that TK is red because of his house roof. then when the red doll and the purple doll kiss, majority said that SW's red and TK is blue because of other evidences like the dad's store sign.. but if we go by his house gate, kitchen, and daddy store's canopy... then TK is green. LOL does this mean that TK= RGB which is all the 3 primary colors needed to create a spectrum HAHAHAH! 

3. PARALLELS WITH OTHER REPLY SERIES: like the saving DS from the flasher scene parallels with YJ saving SW from the creep (R1997), childhood flashbacks in ep 2.. and what else?? DS hitting TK in ep 11 isn't exclusive to them, tbh.. 

4. FUTURE HUSBAND CLUES: the vague left hand hint, smoking hint, not wearing socks, mannerisms, the baduk moves/ theories (6-dan= 5 episodes late) and...?

----

If you guys think the 4 points are enough as a starter, I'll go ahead and start compiling the images/ take screenshots etc... but PLEASE CHIP IN!! YOUR HELP/ CONTRIBUTION/ OPINION WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED :D 

btw, welcome dear @melaniesnow!! good observation, but TK's birthday is actually on the 8th of October hehe..

• Like 14

On 12/20/2015 at 10:51 PM, syaiira said:

Found this on Youtube. Taek Me Heal Me.

Kill Me Heal Me parody with Taek. LOL XD

Goodness I was late to this forum so I am slowly reading backwards... this parody video is too good to be lost amongst those pages all the way back.... 

Thank you for sharing this very well crafted and funny clip! I have not watch Heal me Kill me yet, but the cuts are applied extremely well here lol 

• Like 12

@hafunohane oh dear no...oh no...I wasn't talking about rewriting them no... it's only links to posts where they were already mentioned by many. wait for me I will take a screenshot to show you what I mean

Scene Gifs

Gif posts  Gif post 2 Gif post 3 Gif post 4 Gif post 5  Gif post 6 Gif post 7 8910

Parody Gifs

1    2   3

Water  Symbolism 

1      2.   3

Color Theory  

1.  2  

Reply Series Quotes

http://beatuscorner.com/quotes/

Fan art inst page

https://www.instagram.com/osirop/

Eng Sub Ep0 Cut

https://youtu.be/eSJpEUctNRk

---I couldn't find  lol can you see link above? It's link to post I shared some gifs this will be on main page so we can surf between pages anytime we want ^^

• Like 8

Reply 1997 - episode 8

Yoon Jae narrates :

" i never realized, i didn't notice until he crept in and attacked from inside my own territory."

"During The Second World War, to end this tiresome war, the Allied Forces attacked the Germans. planned as a night attack, it was named "D-Day". to prepare for this decisive D-Day, strategies must be perfect. you must know exactly where your enemies are. you must understand your enemies. you must be able to read your enemies' mind. you must not be careless, thinking you've prepared perfectly. on D-Day, there is only victory or failure. the first D-Day of my life, November 18, 1998. i had prepared perfectly, but it ended in failure. the reason? Reconnaissance failure."

on his D-Day (confession day), Yoon Jae just gave up on Shi Won, the reason? his older brother likes her too.

Reply 1988 - episode 16

on his D-Day (confession day), Taek just gave up on Deok Sun, the reason? his friend, Jung Hwan likes her too.

• Like 18

Chingussss!

Taking a short break from work and wanted to share this with you as it struck me as interesting/mouthwateringly-delicious an idea depending on how delulu you want to get. Also I might forget if I don't post it right away. So here goes.

So this is what hubby dearest says at the end of ep 6:

Screen_Shot_2015_12_29_at_8_43_59_pm.jpg

Doesn't it ring any bells, my friends? Wouldn't it be a fun thing to tease your wife by, say, if she had claimed 27 years ago to have known EVERYTHING about you, twice too, so confidently, but had been wrong all along? :D:D:D

I mean it's a small, small detail. But if writer-nim intended this to be deliberate, then it is subtle, clever foreshadowing and a thing to reh-lish!

Lol obviously pushing for Taekie's husbandhood and giddy beyond belief to find moar and moar affirmative clues along the way.

<3

• Like 10

Just watched the latest episodes.The last 30 minutes of ep 16 was so heartbreaking .And the two songs resonate feeling of TK here..'I just called to say I love you' and then no eul's 'a sad relationship'.Part of the lyrics hit the melancholic vibe of the setup accurately,like 'could I fall in love with you again,after meeting you at that time..'.It's also cutting that the advice sun woo gave to taek actually helped him to see JH's eyes here...and beyond that his feeling.Also it draws to mind that taek's competitive strokes and how contrast to that he totally folded his cards ...end of the day..because of his friend.And JH, grasping his move here,pulls an all nighter contemplating about his next move.

-- As someone has already pointed out [again forgot who],that all these episodes,besides the daily details we always get part of taek's daily routine..as a parallel...So even if he is present in the scene alone,we see how he functions...how he perseveres and practice baduk.What seemed interesting to me is that even if he got to see that wallet of JH,he hid his pain and pulled a smiling face in front of Deok Sun.That was so heart wrenching lol.Even in front of his friends...when he suggested to make ramen and they refused...it's like they have this whole different idea about him in their mind,which he is not at all.We actually see he is opposite to their imagination.

-- I have honestly no idea how this is going to end,and writer had crafted this story really well up to this.I just am not sure about what idea he has in his mind,regarding the end game.If this is not tk-ds,then I just need really some strong logics to make me believe that whatever deok sun has for JH 'is' some real soul wrenching connection here.

• Like 12

19 minutes ago, AppleP said:

Reply 1997 - episode 8

Yoon Jae narrates :

" i never realized, i didn't notice until he crept in and attacked from inside my own territory."

"During The Second World War, to end this tiresome war, the Allied Forces attacked the Germans. planned as a night attack, it was named "D-Day". to prepare for this decisive D-Day, strategies must be perfect. you must know exactly where your enemies are. you must understand your enemies. you must be able to read your enemies' mind. you must not be careless, thinking you've prepared perfectly. on D-Day, there is only victory or failure. the first D-Day of my life, November 18, 1998. i had prepared perfectly, but it ended in failure. the reason? Reconnaissance failure."

on his D-Day (confession day), Yoon Jae just gave up on Shi Won, the reason? his older brother likes her too.

Reply 1988 - episode 16

on his D-Day (confession day), Taek just gave up on Deok Sun, the reason? his friend, Jung Hwan likes her too.

THIS!! :D And just to add.....Yoon Jae played (Starcraft) computer game & won over his brother, Taek's competitive side was also shown, he got the highest score (Arcade) BOTH DIDN'T CONFESS BY THE END OF THE EPISODE.

Shi Won waited for Yoon Jae at their meeting place while Deoksun waited for Taek's call. Let's see what will happen before the timejump. :D

• Like 17

@mustardmaimai Ohh...right.Till now we're only aware of one thing that taek knows about Deok sun,that she knocks twice before entering the door.There must be more..But question here is when he says this,,does he mean information about her...or what is going in her mind lol.Or how much JH knows about her for that matter.

• Like 6

Finally watched both episodes..*phew* 

I loved the development in each scenes portrayed. I watched it without thinking about clues or husband hunt or whateves (seriously, I mean it). I just wanted to enjoy the episodes and I most certainly did. As always, I tend to read/ write things whenever it gets to me. 

One particular scene that touched my heart was TK and his dad's scene. You could feel the emotions running through both characters. Dad told his son about his future(SW's momma) but he wanted to make sure TK was alright with it(some kids in that kind of situation would find it difficult). TK knowingly smiled. He had this matured aura to him that spoke volumes. He understood what his dad meant. As a kid, he has been working so much. He spends little time with his papa and often times,he apologises to his father for it even though TK appa understands.

TK: Dad, I want you to have a warm meal even when I'm not here with you. Its your life dad. I want you to be happy. If it will make you happy,then I'm fine with it all. 

Dad: finish you food(smiles)

TK: okay(smiles).

Mellinadear: huhuhu...*in a corner crying*

Those smiles between father and Son was a way of saying, " Thank you" and " I love you". Which bags the question, when last did you Tell your parents how much you love them?

i conclude with this quote from DS in ep 1.

"In some ways,ones family is the most obvious. But what's so important about knowing? In the end, what helps you overcome obstacles isn't brains but someone who will take your handhand and won't let you go. In the end, that's family. Even for the heroes, the people they go back to in the end is family. The home inflicted upon you outside the homehome and the scars inflicted on you by life itself and even pain inflicted on you by family.. The people who will hold you until the end is family".

• Like 13

I just want to add my 2 cents here haha

Someone has pointed out mathematically that we had 4 episodes for SW-DS, and another 4 episodes for JH-DS right? We are left with the last 4 episodes, it can be about TK-DS right? haha. If the last 4 episodes show that TK is the end game, TK and DS actually have more moments than just in the upcoming 4 episodes :)) 

So, keep sailing on ;) I'm not sure why many say that DS still likes JH or whatever. Yes, we are shown that DS wants to know if JH likes her without being sure that DS likes JH. So, what is her real feeling, assuming DR's advice rings a bell on her? It's the same for TK because we never explicitly know what DS is thinking about. 

So far, the clues can be interpreted both ways, especially when none has confessed, so it's fair for both JH and TK. I guess next week we will still be uncertain because the writer/PD only "replies" to us at the very last moment hahaha. Meanwhile, we will get to see more parallel scenes for both guys and shipping wars can happen when the end is approaching.

If DS chooses JH, I will be happy for the blossom of their teenage crush and we will have the usual typical couple. Like how DS asked JH "How can you live without me?" and he said "What's going on with you?" followed by her "You can't live without bickering with me right?"

If DS chooses TK, I will be happy for a slow-burnt love where both are like siblings, soul mates, where they can share those simplest moments in life, discover new things about each other and help each other grow every single day. The kind of love that makes TK admit "Without her I feel like dying" and makes DS reply "Taekie" and "I just like TK a bit more" almost immediately. 

So, let's trust our writer guys ;) This series focuses a lot on the ordinary interactions, deep connection and their meanings, even if that's family, friendship, bromance, siblings or love. That's why I believe the husband hunt will get the same treatment. But if it's not TK-DS, it is still fine ^^ At least we get to see their beautiful moments :) Those are the most memorable years of their lives after all ^^

• Like 14

2 hours ago, onlysb1 said:

@hafunohane oh dear no...oh no...I wasn't talking about rewriting them no... it's only links to posts where they were already mentioned by many. wait for me I will take a screenshot to show you what I mean

Scene Gifs

Gif posts  Gif post 2 Gif post 3 Gif post 4 Gif post 5  Gif post 6 Gif post 7

Parody Gifs

1    2   3

---I couldn't find  lol can you see link above? It's link to post I shared some gifs this will be on main page so we can surf between pages anytime we want ^^

Oops, i think i got confused because your previous post didn't specifically talk about GIFs.. while what i meant was more like stuffs that people keep mentioning which is essentially the husband/ love triangle.. and hence why i suggest posting them on the first post so it's easier for everyone to see rather than go through 114 pages of this thread. but of course adding links to GIF posts would be great as well! Thanks.. :) @mustardmaimai yea i'm thinking the dolls are too prominent for them to mean nothing at all. it's just that we have so many different interprtations of what they mean, or who they represent. i think it would be nice if we could go back and see where these dolls have popped up during the past 16 episodes. i'm going to rewatch a lot of the old episodes so i'll take screenshots as i go as well and take note of the things that happen in that episode. so thanks for helping out i really, really appreciate it. take your time! 

EDITED TO ADD @Meliere's post written at the end of EP 10 (WITH UPDATES AS OF EP 16):

Basically we're half way through the show. The next two episode will tells us for sure if Taek even has a chance.

For me to believe Taek could be the husband, the following CANNOT happen in the next two episodes:

• Noble idiocy from Jung Hwan (this happened)
  • A childhood flashback / back story for JH & DS
  • Decreased character development and/or screentime for Taek
  • DS continuing to treat TK like a baby/puppy/little brother, and seeming romantically disengaged. (yes and no, she still takes care of him but has stopped patting his head etc)

^^^  If any of the above occurs, it's basically over. Taektanic will sink for sure.

For me to believe Taek could be the husband, the following should happen in the next two episodes:

• Taek is revealed to know about DS's crush on SW. Come on.. dude isn't oblivious. He WAS THERE during the pizza scene, when DS encouraged SW to confess during the first snow with those wide eager eyes. I mean, isn't that why Taek confessed during the first snow?!
  • an umbrella scene between Taek & DS (not *necessary*, but definitely helpful) (yes and no, they have a scene with a folded umbrella in EP 12)
  • an indication that DS isn't indifferent to Taek, and possibly sees him as a man. A scene with some sexual tension would be greatly helpful, LOL. (the burp+ the disappointment in EP 16)
  • Taek not acting like some oblivious second lead chasing blindly after the girl. (he didn't. he still focuses on baduk and has scenes with dad and other boys)
  • some further developments in Taek's character, to show that he's capable of speaking and acting like modern-day husband (who, to be honest, currently acts like JH's carbon copy). (yes he calls SW a 'crazy bastard', uses the word 'ya' to DS in the beach, remembers things about DS, smart in other games outside baduk, adult DS said her husband is smart)
  • Edited to add:
  • Gesture(s) of care from Taek. So far it's been DS who's been protecting him. A reversal would be awesome. (credit: @liteulkwin ) (ep 16 with the meds, ep 10 volleyball scene, ep 12 toilet scene, notice DS cried in ep 15, giving her the championship trophy in ep 13, giving her banana)
  • Taek discovering JH's feelings. Or Taek discovering DS's (possible) feelings for JH. And instead of acting like psychotic determined second lead, he'll back off and date other girls. (the highlighted parts happened)
Edited by hafunohane
  • Like 17

@hafunohane. Haha it was example to show what I meant to organizing all posts in main page under headlines as I posted like theories, insights except clues. I just looked my activity page and picked to organize  gifs since  I shared a lot lol. If everybody agrees I can pick out color theory posts too? I think that's all from me^^

• Like 2

On 12/28/2015 at 3:47 PM, libra83 said:

And suddenly, an imagination came, that Teak will have a special match, with a girl-a baduk player. And that's is his destiny. (Like the last Ep of Reply 1994, ChilBong hit the girl on the way he return to Shincheon boarding house).

Hope all of my imagination go wrong, should go wrong...

sorry to cut your post..but i think although the writer write taek character based on the RL baduk master don't think it's will be 100% following the real life story..i think in R88 taek will get a younger sister (instead a young bride like RL baduk master)

@soujie ohh it's the same for me..i'm team chilbong in R94 and still can't watch the last episode huhu..

btw someone i know once tell me that "to know how a young child would look when they get old. u just need to see their parents"..as some of us already point out..future husband look more like mr.choi than mr kim..sorry maybe i'm too biased that i see everything connecting to taek being the husband..but as i say before DS-TK really complement each other that every scene is the best in their own ways..

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, mustardmaimai said:

Chingussss!

Taking a short break from work and wanted to share this with you as it struck me as interesting/mouthwateringly-delicious an idea depending on how delulu you want to get. Also I might forget if I don't post it right away. So here goes.

So this is what hubby dearest says at the end of ep 6:

Screen_Shot_2015_12_29_at_8_43_59_pm.jpg

Doesn't it ring any bells, my friends? Wouldn't it be a fun thing to tease your wife by, say, if she had claimed 27 years ago to have known EVERYTHING about you, twice too, so confidently, but had been wrong all along? :D:D:D

I mean it's a small, small detail. But if writer-nim intended this to be deliberate, then it is subtle, clever foreshadowing and a thing to reh-lish!

Lol obviously pushing for Taekie's husbandhood and giddy beyond belief to find moar and moar affirmative clues along the way.

<3

one of the scene in Reply 1997 (episode 3), Joon Hee said to Shi Won, "There's really nothing you don't know about Yoon Jae." and Shi Won replied, "we've been together since the moment we were born. there hasn't been a single day i haven't seen him. i'm sick to death of him."

lol :lol:  "sister" knows his "brother" too well.

• Like 16

Since @AppleP have already mentioned JoonHee, here's his other observation: "Isn't she as close to you as a twin would be? When you're together, it feels comfortable and nice, it's not awkward at all even when you don't talk, I envy that the most." and that came from someone who helped Shi Won & Yoon Jae get together & told YJ that the "game is over" (though he had one-sided love for YJ) and take note...his observation about his two friends was supported by a great build-up/emotional setup in reply 1997---the thing that most of us crave for. :D 

• Like 13