Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

@moonkeeper JH has this star shape game set on his table and his mum picked up a green piece in ep 2(i think). only clue i rmb that main R88 say JH is green. i think after Taek say he like DS, JH in his rm and the green pieces all collapse.

the running trailer, Taek was wearing a green t-shirt inside. so another green clue? i was rewatching earlier eps. DS used a green towel for her hair. DS table surface is green.

DS%252520green%252520bag.png

R88%252520run%252520trailer.png

• Like 6

Guest gerimisore
1 minute ago, moonkeeper said:

@gerimisore @onlysb1 guys I visited main thread..It's quite uncomfortable to stay...it's really crowded of JH/DS shipper...anyway I just notice that some of them claim that JH is green? Is there's any strong clues to support this claim? I haven't read much the main thread that's why I'm quite curious...

Indeed. That's why I like being here ^^

I think the strongest clue (that I can think of) regarding JH being green is the comparison of Reply 1988 poster with Olympic logo that I posted above. Because I remember someone on DC wrote a theory about the correlation of those two and someone on the main thread asking if anyone's willing to translate it. I ended up clicking that post from DC even though I don't understand Korean at all. But from the pictures, it seems like they conclude that JH is green based on his position in the poster being the second from the left side, the same as the color green from the Olympic logo. Turn out SW is red 'though, not Taekie? So, I'm not sure if this theory is still applicable.

And also that thing, the board with green-yellow-red in JH's bedroom. What's it called? I don't remember. People keep mentioning about that thing and relate it to JH's situation. if the green is down, then JH does something, or feels sad, or gives up. I don't know. I don't get it either. But I remember people talked about it quite a bit.

45 minutes ago, moonkeeper said:

@gerimisore @onlysb1 guys I visited main thread..It's quite uncomfortable to stay...it's really crowded of JH/DS shipper...anyway I just notice that some of them claim that JH is green? Is there's any strong clues to support this claim? I haven't read much the main thread that's why I'm quite curious...why most of them claim JH is green?

Like I've said before I really don't get it when they(dc inside commenters) say this doll is looking at that this pin is near to that and so on. It can be stretched  to everywhere if you ask me. I just looked at the characters background like rooftop and gate colors and which color shows up more when certain someone on screen. So it's shows that Taek is green but green is mostly combined with yellow which is why they assumed JH is green BUT we agreed that Taek is 'being in love' stage since ep1 so their color theory a bit doubtful  from our point. I don't think it's important though PD leaves it to our selective minds ^^

I will suggest you two different way based on how you want to look at color theory 

• Look at relationships and decide based on that which color represents who , green one is husband 
  • Look at backgrounds and decide which color represents who, and when you saw that colors  together make your own predictions about where  relationships are going  (I picked this one) ^^

• Like 9

The more I read about these colour theories, the more I believe that Taek is green and Junghwan is blue...

1. The door colours
Taek's door is green
Junghwan and Deok Sun's door is blue with yellow

2. The dolls
When we first see the dolls, the green one is the one crying
The dolls are only in Deok Sun's and Taek's rooms

2. The flashback
Young Taek was sitting under the green
Deok Sun's side was yellow
Junghwan was under the blue
Sun woo was under the red

Also I don't know if this counts but, someone said that Taek means lily pad in korean, and lily pads are GREEN. Also, Deok SUN, the sun is mostly regarded as yellow. - LOL my delusional theory, that I hope is somehow related...

Also, the way they're developing Taek is no way like a second lead, not to add that he's developing towards the personality of the husband. I haven't seen Junghwan develop as a character as much as Taek has, and that's how second leads usually are; undeveloped.

Lastly, I think ep 12, just added on to the possibility of Deok Sun developing feelings for Taek. The tension, and Deok Sun noticing Taek protecting her. I'm pretty sure she noticed something. Plus, the written preview for ep 13 states that Deok Sun's going to be by Taek's side for another match and Taek is going to give Deok Sun a "present." I wonder what it could be...

• Like 14

14 hours ago, bluesteyes said:

Hello everyone! New kid here. I love this thread. I love taek character so much. Decided to make account so i can also sharing my thought.

About the color that turn everyone into sherlock holmes lol
Im positive that JH is blue. I watch ep 11 and find the evidence
Check 00:14:27 yellow and blue stuffs put together 
in 00:15:28 pay attention to the glass. There are blue and yellow glass put together when DS's mom and JH's mom prepare the food
also in 00:38:29 the blue and yellow glasses beside noeul.
This is all shown when JH family and DS family living together because the renovation. Im totally sure taek color is green. The post talking about the color on flashback in ep 2 is so detail. Lol amazing.

Everyone here is so amazing

JH is blue i can point out why he is blue. There is a lot evidence about this. I also remember seeing significant blue stuffs in his room i forgot which ep. There is blue comb or something like that that captured for a good length. Talking about the green and yellow dolls facing each other it is truly TK-DS in "cursing-class". People try to match JH with DS color thats why they always change JH color. But for me Taek is forever green im very sure

• Like 5

hmmm.... i seriously don't want to say this here, but seems like me posting about TK's cap on the main thread to get more opinions about it is a huge mistake. i think i need to apologize to you guys i may have made this ship look worse to JH/DS shippers because of what I posted in the main thread... i'm so sorry if my post resulted in people assuming that i speak out for the entire ship when i was just sharing my personal observation that i got out of watching the last episode. so i'm so so so sorry!! i'll definitely stay away from talking in the main thread now... T_T

• Like 10

While I love sleuthing, we should also step back and look at the actual story. The story will unfold itself, prop hints or not. I want to bring up something that's on my mind for a second here.

TK has made incredible progress and revealed several layers to himself. His scenes with DS are beautiful, and the lovely thing about their relationship is that it can stand on its own. The thing is though- JH has been a consistent piece of the story the entire time. I'm conflicted because TK's development as a character is very detailed. His and DS's relationship is very detailed. They're raw, and they only get deeper. But I feel like our ship falls a little short in the overall story part? Compelling evidence is that we hardly see him much of the time. Tell me if you see it differently.

JH, on the other hand, kind of lacks detail to me. I adored him in the beginning when he was always trying to comply with the seniors but lost it when they tried to make SW take off his necklace and when he did those sweet things for his parents without taking credit. He was developing as a character. As of late he's been sort of bland (and maybe it's because I'm so much more impressed by TK's development). We don't dive deep into who JH is as a person. We're told that he likes soccer, but I've seen him play it once. We're told that he's smart, but what are his aspirations? I get that there's this deep turmoil arc going on inside him regarding loving both a girl and one of his best friends. That's touching. But it doesn't grant boring. I feel as though he's been at character standstill. What JH does have in his favor is overall plot, possibly stemming from being the most prospective contender since the beginning. He's got this first love going on that's turning him into this adorable puppy, but he has an obstacle in the form of his best friend's love for the same girl. This story has a exposition, rising action, climax, falling action and conclusion. He, as a character, has an objective. I feel like we're on a path that takes him to the end...

Which is why I feel injustice for TK. It'd be a waste of such an interesting character. Can I get a Taek spinoff if everything goes downhill for us? Reply Taek, anyone?

Talk me out of this, guys. Tell me I'm just guarded. Tell me TK has a bigger presence than I'm allowing myself to see.

• Like 18

Guest hien le

On the toilet scenes on episode  12, do you guy notice the green world map on the wall, I saw there is marked red on the USA. I wondering, will teak or DS will go abroad?

Honestly, you guys' explanation on the color theory makes so much more sense than what people in the main thread said. They're saying how the PDs switched the colors based on different scenario. 

Quoting from someone on the main thread:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For dolls and clothespins, the colors are as follows:

• DS: Yellow
  • JH: Green
  • Taek: Blue
  • SW: Red
  • Bora: Purple
  • DR: Pink

Outside of the above two scenarios, the love triangle colors (ie. Chinese checker board, gas tank, tonkatsu restaurant lights, etc) are as follows:

• DS: Yellow
  • JH: Green
  • Taek: Red

Couple colors for SW and BR: Blue and White

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Explanation for how this theory came about? None. Other than the fact that it came from DC (with consensus from peeps other there)

If the main purpose for these colors and dolls is to represent each character (specifically the loveline), why would the PDs switch those colors around just for the DS-JH-TK's "love triangle"?

Seems to me like they're trying to fit each scenario whenever the dolls appear so that JH is green because someone else commented that this triangle color fits the situation in ep 1 where they showed the yellow doll close to the red doll and the green one is practically hanging off the basket. And they associated this with the scene where DS (Yellow) being 'close' to TK (Red, according to them) in the milk scene. And the scene where DS beats JH at the very first scene of the 1st episode (hence the green doll hanging off the basket). But just like @hafunohane said in the main thread, TK should have been blue, according to the doll color...

In my opinion, doesn't it make more sense that yellow doll (DS) facing red doll (SW) because of the initial 'loveline'? It's like PD's way of telling us 'yo this might be the loveline' and green hanging off the basket because he's not in the picture yet? Just like how we barely see TK in the first few episode? 

• Like 13

Guest gerimisore

Just back from visiting the main thread, is it just me or what, but I always felt like every time someone's posting clues about Taek, the post mostly get ignored? Or is it because the thread is saturated with JH-DS shippers?

@hafunohane

For me, it's fine 'though ^^ I also want to know about the opinion from the people outside this ship (preferably the neutral one) to get a better interpretation and also to keep myself from being too delusional. Has anyone replied to you yet? What did they say about it?

26 minutes ago, hafunohane said:

hmmm.... i seriously don't want to say this here, but seems like me posting about TK's cap on the main thread to get more opinions about it is a huge mistake. i think i need to apologize to you guys i may have made this ship look worse to JH/DS shippers because of what I posted in the main thread... i'm so sorry if my post resulted in people assuming that i speak out for the entire ship when i was just sharing my personal observation that i got out of watching the last episode. so i'm so so so sorry!! i'll definitely stay away from talking in the main thread now... T_T

No need to apologize so much, we can never please everybody. Don't let the negative responses get to you and just keep enjoying the show. There are still some episodes left and we don't know what will happen :) 

• Like 8

@ilmare @gerimisore You are talking about this right? I can share my interpretation of this as a basis Taek is green but you may find it confusing so I will hide it under spoiler

image.png

Spoiler

Firstly you can't see blue color on that board right? It's brush which clearly JH's more of a personal belonging rather than colorful board. If that brush is not there then it can only mean one thing, we have all other colors except 'blue' which means JH himself(maybe with bedsheet background) filling that part. Okay now look at this scene was this sad scene for JH and DS couple? No, it was rather happy confirmation moment which will make somebody down in the future (green=Taek)

See? If this kinda makes sense to you it means color theory doesn't standing in a solid ground  ^^

• Like 14

28 minutes ago, hafunohane said:

I saw your post and I see nothing wrong with it! From the way you've said it, I think it came out to be a pretty neutral tone, especially with the cap. However, like any comments about DS and TK (heck even these 2 words in the same post), it's pretty much always got ignored.  

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, RmiUmi said:

n ep 1 where they showed the "yellow doll close to the red doll and the green one is practically hanging off the basket". And they associated this with the scene where DS (Yellow) being 'close' to TK (Red, according to them) in the milk scene. And the scene where DS beats JH at the very first scene of the 1st episode (hence the green doll hanging off the basket). But just like @hafunohane said in the main thread, TK should have been blue, according to the doll color..

you literally cannot even tell what the middle doll is tho so how would they know it red?tumblr_nzaheiQhDi1qgrnp6o1_540.png

i legit been checking out every single doll movements and all i see is that green has a yellow ribbon and yellow has a red ribbon which could mean yellow initial like towards red.

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, liteulkwin said:

Talk me out of this, guys. Tell me I'm just guarded. Tell me TK has a bigger presence than I'm allowing myself to see.

I think episode 13 will do something big with TK even tho I know that r88's previews are always a troll, they showed a scene between him and Deok Sun, him looking very emotional and the whole neighborhood going crazy about his possible disappearance so I'm guessing that we'll be seeing a lot of him in that episode and maybe some more character unfolding. As I said there are still some episodes left and we don't know what will happen so just look forward to those and enjoy the series :) 

sorry I cut your post btw

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, nicola_nikka said:

you literally cannot even tell what the middle doll is tho so how would they know it red?tumblr_nzaheiQhDi1qgrnp6o1_540.png

i legit been checking out every single doll movements and all i see is that green has a yellow ribbon and yellow has a red ribbon which could mean yellow initial like towards red.

OHHHHHH SO THAT'S THE PART. I've only quoted what people said about the doll, including the "yellow doll close to the red doll and the green one is practically hanging off the basket" part so I didn't know which scene they were talking about because they didn't include the picture. Well that makes their theory even less credible then LOL. 

• Like 4