Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

4 minutes ago, soujie said:

Alright, quick question!

Why arent there any new episodes this weekend? I am so lost with this and also had my mood go down after realising I have to wait until next week to find out what will happen to the gang. >_<

they reported a few weeks ago that they need the extra week in order to be able to produce the last few episodes

• Like 3

While seating and waiting for 3 hours drive, I have this thoughts, how DS will break off her habit being with Taek(if he's not the husband).. though DS is part of Taek, but based on my observation Taek is really part of DS, this show totally showcase how different DS treatment to Taek from 3 boys, even with or without her crush, she cares for Taek more than anyone else, so if he's not the husband,why the PDs need to show how deep is their connection to each other... The consistency yet growing relationship can't hide on their actions to each other

Same with Taek , they never show when he started to like DS, buts it's not definitely same time with JH, it's like she like DS before JH started to like DS..

and the slow mo of Taek and DS in China, is like Taek totally confirmed to his self that ahh "DS is not just the woman I like, she's the one"

atleast he have a this slow-mo TK to DS. Scene

I can't remembered JH have this to DS.

sorry guys I think the whole trip I was thinking TK/DS only..hahahahaha ^^

• Like 16

Oops nvm. The question was already answered. But I realized watching the subbed episodes today that the scene between TK and DS on the steps (when she was crying about her grades) was never subbed until today. I understood what they were saying to each other during that part so for some reason I thought it had been subbed. Anyway, after seeing the subs for the song NoEul sang, I feel like it would definitely fit TK and DS...meeting again and wondering if they'd be able to love each other still. Or maybe I'm just delusional? Haha!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Meliere said:

BABE BABE BABE, this is actually ... not entirely implausible. REMEMBER EPISODE 6? 

radio.jpg

Yessss that's why I thought of it I was rewatching ep 6 yesterday lol

It must happen if Taek is endgame.. Just flowers in the first snow ain't gonna cut it now... Lol

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, hmong_lubpaj said:

Oops nvm. The question was already answered. But I realized watching the subbed episodes today that the scene between TK and DS on the steps (when she was crying about her grades) was never subbed until today. I understood what they were saying to each other during that part so for some reason I thought it had been subbed. Anyway, after seeing the subs for the song NoEul sang, I feel like it would definitely fit TK and DS...meeting again and wondering if they'd be able to love each other still. Or maybe I'm just delusional? Haha!

And did you see that the tone of DS's voice when she asked Teak before he leaned on her shoulder?

It like when seeing Teak so tired, DS is the one who is more painful.

• Like 13

Thoughts on watching subbed ep 15

Spoiler

SW and TK dad were so adorable and I love the being there with SW as he tries to overcome his feelings of guilt of moving forward from his dad memories

Something rarely discussed is TK dad not doing the “macho” man thing and saying to SW mom that he can provide for her and her not needing to work at the bath house. This mirrors TK and DS I feel because they respect the personal autonomy of the person they like. TK could easily buy many things for DS as she has mentioned her low income background, but he doesn’t because he knows that it would imply their relationship is on a hierarchal ground of having the women “repay” the man.

Did I mention how much I love SW and BR….

When DS dad talked back to DS mom and said DS is still great if she doesn’t go into college…words of affirmation people

AWWW when Bora says SW must suffer from dating her ( what her ex boyfriend said pretty much) give me a hug bora

SW is really good at picking up the right thing to say to his mom and bora…and TK…idk I don’t see him at much as a pilot rather than a doctor ( pediatrician someone mentioned once) he is a real people person.

What Is the song that played with JH looking at DS and TK head rest!!??

I love how JH and TK coach ( and some viewers) underestimated him so much, he is way more mature than people think and way more thoughtful…again DR the voice of reason on the show pointed that out…( maybe DR should be TK manager…..) LIKE IM STILL A LITTLE HURT THAT PEOPLE THOUGHT HE WOULD HARM JH IN EP 16 ...LIKE how many times does TK need to show his maturity for y'all to get over your hate. 

DS took blood clams for TK but gave NL to give for JH…hmmmm thoughts?

DR LET ME LOVE YOU <3

I found it interesting they had the situation with JH and TK, and I had to think "Why would this set up be needed for the narrative?" 

the overwhelming reason would be to establish the bond between the boys, but as we know the situation brought JH closer to TK then the other way around ( the shoe tying was cute, but TK had never verbally underestimated his relationship with JH. IT was JH in this and previous ep that had shown his ignorance and discomfort with TK). JH had already shown in the ep prior to his dad's surgery that he wasnt planning on making a move on DS, so he did not really need any reminding of his relationship with TK for that purpose. Maybe it had to do with what his wallet has caused in upcoming ep...maybe it has to do with him realizing that his love rival is a warm hearted person that he can see being worthy of DS's love.

The scenes of DS and JH were also interesting and needed. Jh had to do those things for DS to know how she felt regarding him, that according to dr advice, if she still would like him without him liking her. did her heart move? Im not fully sure...but the clam scene was hinting something.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, moonkeeper said:

While seating and waiting for 3 hours drive, I have this thoughts, how DS will break off her habit being with Taek(if he's not the husband).. though DS is part of Taek, but based on my observation Taek is really part of DS, this show totally showcase how different DS treatment to Taek from 3 boys, even with or without her crush, she cares for Taek more than anyone else, so if he's not the husband,why the PDs need to show how deep is their connection to each other... The consistency yet growing relationship can't hide on their actions to each other

Same with Taek , they never show when he started to like DS, buts it's not definitely same time with JH, it's like she like DS before JH started to like DS..

and the slow mo of Taek and DS in China, is like Taek totally confirmed to his self that ahh "DS is not just the woman I like, she's the one"

atleast he have a this slow-mo TK to DS. Scene

I can't remembered JH have this to DS.

sorry guys I think the whole trip I was thinking TK/DS only..hahahahaha ^^

I agree :) As many of us here have pointed out that what's the point of the writer/PD trying to show every single simple daily moments, conversations, glances, smiles and all between TK and DS. I'm sure DS interact with other boys this frequently too but why only her moments with TK are shown? And I do wonder what will DS do if TK is not by her side/on other girls' sides or if something happens that disable her to take care of him as she always does. Of course as time goes by, when everybody grows up, both TK and DS will change and we won't get to see the exact same things that both do for each other. Yet, on an emotional level, will this be an inexplicable void inside both TK and especially DS? Assume JH is the endgame, what will he do when he realizes this? What will DS do when she realizes this? How will TK feel then, assuming the gang is still close? So, I guess when the stories are told in such a way that DS and TK are like siblings and soul mates, there has to be a reason.

Yet, I do think that there's a possibility that DS will love both guys as how they love her. It's just the matter of who she will choose.  Both guys will help her to grow and both love stories are beautiful. I love both TK-DS and JH-DS scenes. I just prefer TK-DS more because I'm a person who cherish slow-burnt relationships with all their ordinary moments that speak volumes to me.  As we haven't explicitly seen/told DS's thoughts, we can't be sure about her decisions too. I think the problem now is how the end will show what DS really thinks/feels about both guys and what kind to relationship she wants to have, what kind of person she wants to spend her life with, be it TK's way, JH's way or somebody else. I doubt we will she her in an emotional turmoil examine her feelings because this is not an easy thing and our writer/PD is having a hard time rearranging things for us the audience. 

But I'm grateful for how the writer/PD develops the stories so far. At the end of the day, I think it doesn't matter who will end up with who but how have all characters grown through all these things. I believe the end does not always justify the means, especially when this series is so realistic. So, the progress is what really matters ^^ 

• Like 12

OK here is the lyrics in korean....SOMEONE TRANSLATE AND I WOULD BUY PIZZA FOR YOU ( or translate the parts actually used in the scene)

Spoiler

어느 계절에 머무나  그대 떠나 계절이 또 있을까  이별의 흔적은 뒤늦게 찾아오니 떠나는 그댈 잡지 못했나 그 날 가만히 내 눈을 바라보다  그댄 눈물을 흘렸죠  그것이 마지막 진한 입맞춤되어  나 역시 뒤돌아 울지요 기나긴 날 이제는 어떡하나요  눈물로 시를 써도 그댄 없는데  새로이 또 누구를 기다리나요  세상에 둘도 아닌 당신인 것을 사연이 너무 많아 찢어버린 편지  그댄 그 의미를 아나요 그 날 가만히 내 눈을 바라보다  그댄 눈물을 흘렸죠  그것이 마지막 진한 입맞춤되어  나 역시 뒤돌아 울지요 기나긴 날 이제는 어떡하나요  눈물로 시를 써도 그댄 없는데  새로이 또 누구를 기다리나요  세상에 둘도 아닌 당신인 것을 사연이 너무 많아 찢어버린 편지  그댄 그 의미를 아나요 사랑은 말이 아닌 것을

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

Hide contents

SW and TK dad were so adorable and I love the being there with SW as he tries to overcome his feelings of guilt of moving forward from his dad memories

Something rarely discussed is TK dad not doing the “macho” man thing and saying to SW mom that he can provide for her and her not needing to work at the bath house. This mirrors TK and DS I feel because they respect the personal autonomy of the person they like. TK could easily buy many things for DS as she has mentioned her low income background, but he doesn’t because he knows that it would imply their relationship is on a hierarchal ground of having the women “repay” the man.

When DS dad talked back to DS mom and said DS is still great if she doesn’t go into college…words of affirmation people

AWWW when Bora says SW must suffer from dating her ( what her ex boyfriend said pretty much) give me a hug bora

SW is really good at picking up the right thing to say to his mom and bora…and TK…idk I don’t see him at much as a pilot rather than a doctor ( pediatrician someone mentioned once) he is a real people person.

I love how JH and TK coach ( and some viewers) underestimated him so much, he is way more mature than people think and way more thoughtful…again DR the voice of reason on the show pointed that out…( maybe DR should be TK manager…..) LIKE IM STILL A LITTLE HURT THAT PEOPLE THOUGHT HE WOULD HARM JH IN EP 16 ...LIKE how many times does TK need to show his maturity for y'all to get over your hate. 

DR LET ME LOVE YOU <3

I found it interesting they had the situation with JH and TK, and I had to think "Why would this set up be needed for the narrative?" 

the overwhelming reason would be to establish the bond between the boys, but as we know the situation brought JH closer to TK then the other way around ( the shoe tying was cute, but TK had never verbally underestimated his relationship with JH. IT was JH in this and previous ep that had shown his ignorance and discomfort with TK). JH had already shown in the ep prior to his dad's surgery that he wasnt planning on making a move on DS, so he did not really need any reminding of his relationship with TK for that purpose. Maybe it had to do with what his wallet has caused in upcoming ep...maybe it has to do with him realizing that his love rival is a warm hearted person that he can see being worthy of DS's love.

The scenes of DS and JH were also interesting and needed. Jh had to do those things for DS to know how she felt regarding him, that according to dr advice, if she still would like him without him liking her. did her heart move? Im not fully sure...but the clam scene was hinting something.

Your post reminds me of a scene that I can't understand. There was a moment where DR tried to drag DS to JH's house to eat together but why did DS not want to go inside, deliberately like that? And notice SW's glance at DR at that very moment, I'm not sure if it's because SW wanted to have a private time with BR or it's because SW and DR knew what was happening between DS and JH (and may be TK) Is it regarding the pink shirt or something else?

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Phuong Tam Nguyen said:

Your post reminds me of a scene that I can't understand. There was a moment where DR tried to drag DS to JH's house to eat together but why did DS not want to go inside, deliberately like that? And notice SW's glance at DR at that very moment, I'm not sure if it's because SW wanted to have a private time with BR or it's because SW and DR knew what was happening between DS and JH (and may be TK) Is it regarding the pink shirt or something else?

I feel like DS may have still felt awkward about the whole situation but then again, this is only conjecture. We won't really know anything until the end of the series. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Phuong Tam Nguyen said:

If I am not mistaken the scene was the first time since the pink shirt and DS talking to DR about no one liking her ( aka JH) that DS was going to face JH, which understandably with her state she did not want to do. She was JUST rejected. So she tried to avoid him, but after three interactions with him ( rice, mouth cover, bus) I interpreted her as going back to normal with him. and the clam scene paralleled when previously her mom asked her to take him food as she had been so excited. It also paralleled the scene of taking clams to TK. DR told DS that she could still like someone with out them liking her...so i see her not caring to to give the clams as her not liking JH ( again ep 16 even further pushes this point)

• Like 10

46 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

Reveal hidden contents

DR LET ME LOVE YOU <3

Please correct me if I'm wrong or maybe it's just the bad translation that I watched.. About the clam, the mother said to give the clam upstair.. Upstair means JH's house right? And she also said since "i'm sure they don't have a lot to eat for breakfast" (his dad and his mother in hospital).. DS mother doesn't mention to give it to TK.. Since DS still in avoiding phase towards JH (it's kinda the same when she angry/avoid towards SW when he 'rejected'her).. 

• Like 4

I was watching this, when Taek falls asleep during the movie date, screening "The Last Emperor" and couldn't help laughing at the meta jokes here... the piece that was playing was one of the film's OST... Sakamoto Ryuichi's "Rain (I Want A Divorce)", exactly the expression that DS gave Taek..., "I want a divorce!"

Enjoy Sakamoto Ryuichi's live performance, and judging by the comments, this piece had been featured in a lot of korean dramas and tv programmes apparently... but in that episode 8's cut... LOL..

• Like 12

1 minute ago, minibunny said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong or maybe it's just the bad translation that I watched.. About the clam, the mother said to give the clam upstair.. Upstair means JH's house right? And she also said since "i'm sure they don't have a lot to eat for breakfast" (his dad and his mother in hospital).. DS mother doesn't mention to give it to TK.. Since DS still in avoiding phase towards JH (it's kinda the same when she angry/avoid towards SW when he 'rejected'her).. 

DS gives clams earlier in the ep to TK, its when she asks his dad if TK was back from tournament and sees him passed out

• Like 8

Lol kudos to some of you who posted on the main thread. I really had a good laugh because, inasmuch as TK-DS are open minded to different opinions, Our opinions will be disagreeable. Read every post, some of us were trying to give points to make ppl understand TK a lil better but nah, it didn't work. But its alright. We all have selective memories(all shippers), in that we choose what we really wanna see and less of what others think.

Haven't watched the subbed episodes. Will come back with my analysis when I do. 

• Like 15

@mangachickava I agree! They just HAVE to sing a track together!!! #dreamcometrue Even though NoEul already sang in the drama, I think it'd be nice if he could do an official remake of the song. It's a great song! That's one of the things that I really enjoy about this drama. It's introducing me to so many good songs and artists I wouldn't have known much about because this wasn't the era of Korean music that I grew up with. 

• Like 8