Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

@Phuong Tam Nguyen I'm scared how is the plot thickening going on with the writer lol...Or why did they take two week-some break..=/.So what's upcoming must be big and shocking enough...I'm also guessing the story telling would be different rather than the usual pace, the drama has been going on up to this week.Considering they have to take care of so many factors.Even without the love lines,so many stories need the deserved finishing,so in total one and half to-near two hours would be spent on the main triangle I guess...is it enough to wrap up the angst and the heartbreaks..=/ ?

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, liteulkwin said:

Can someone tell me the reasons as to why JH is the husband? Not why TK isn't the husband but specific JH clues? I'm genuinely asking because my mind has kind of dismissed it all in light of TK. I don't want to be blinded haha.

A couple that I can think of include:

1. JH is explicitly shown reading her postcard and knowing of her crush on SW
  2. They have a photo taken together in January of 1989

"Clues" that I don't really consider clues:

1. JH likes Lee Miyeon
  2. Husband is almost JH's carbon copy from what we've seen
  3. We've followed JH's story from the beginning

To add on to my list of things that I want to see in the remaining four episodes...

Does anyone want to try seeing the fiasco that is Taek cooking ramen once? LOL. There hasssss to be a reason why the gang don't even bother with him. I can just see him being like, "No. I can do it," (like when DS told him that she'll pull the plug for him) but just ... *goat bleats*

You just need to go to the other thread to confirm he's the one...they've got lists of reasons =S...I have this borderline disorder of torturing myself maybe so I've read most of the posts on this..But to be honest I think we all have been trying to find the reason ourselves why he should be the husband or is the husband for that matter =SS.

-- Also if this was a match we could already see the score ...of something like JH-10,TK- 5/6.As yeah the most obvious reason goes as JH having more screen time so far.Now don't know if the writer is going to take the same old route that he's used in the previous two series..or not.

• Like 11

Evidence that Deok Sun may like Taek(ep 16):
1. Hiding her burp from him after she took the medicine.
Remember how Dong Ryong said if a girl likes a guy, she'll want to look good in front of him?
2. Waiting anxiously for that phone call from Taek.
3. Getting angry/sad that Taek cancelled the movie.

I don't see how people can't believe Deok Sun may like Taek, even if it's just a little bit.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, onlysb1 said:

@salz. You're right but believe me I nearly memorized various expressions of Deok Sun and Taek by now so I can tell similarities and differences. That's why I'm sure PD-nim trolling us with Deok Sun's reactions. As I watch fmv's for both pairing you know what I see? As if Deok Sun has a twin sister Soo Yeon lol. With Junghwan they seem to be in love-hate relationship. With Taek they seem to be in friends to lovers relationship. That's says a lot about shippers preference too. We were talking about progress of pairs right? Actually Deok Sun and Junghwan experienced this proper kdrama steps hate-love-noble idiocy-angst no confirmation? Whereas for Taek and Deok Sun they shared all those moments as their relationship moves slowly friends-more than friends-love(for Taek) no angst? I expected that to be happen after Taek's 'You know nothing about me' line. I'm also with you I think Deok Sun shines more with Taek. I'm loving  her character more when she is with Taek same goes for Taek. But maybe this isn't writers preference for the main couple. Then again I'm still thankful they crafted Taek's character beautifully out of love lines and they allowed us to see that possibility of soulmates. If they do not end up together it won't erase anything but it will  look like they were doomed soulmates maybe in the next life they can find each other ^^  I'm giving a reason as for why they made their interactions  this carefully, see Chingu isn't this the biggest picture involving writer and pd's mind? SunTaek full of possibilities but it may not happen no need to be sad about it. If this was a mistake I'm willing to do same mistake again lol.We were sure Junghwan is husband but we still  boarded to this submarine. 

well like you said the pd and writer hold the answer but since the drama not yet end i would still hold some hope there still possibility the writer make DS&Taek progress like that for a reason...yeah call me greedy and bias shipper...of course i know what ship i get into with 0% possibility and everything on JH favor from start even i believe he is husband since beginning but i refuse to watch this drama with such low confidence and watching my fav couple with mentality oh they act married but she gonna marry JH anyway...so yeah i know i might still lose but still im gonna watch until the revelation with possibility Taek still gonna be the husband..

yeah from your word i know you are more the logical person watching every expression but im not that sharp and i just enjoy what i enjoy.im here willing to be hopeful and even i would be heartbroken when thing end not like i want but at least i have no regret....well to each their own

yeah i know the writer is biggest troll but tbh if JH really the husband they totally trolling themselves with how they create even more memorable story between the other pairing and JH character as awesome he is since beginning and how great every scene with his family but tbh between him and DS there really nothing much happening since they go to concert most of time he ignoring her,he being angsty in his room(well most of time i wanna hug his indecisive introvert overthinking self),she try to get his attention and disappointed, then he try to get close again with her but still very baby step..and with 4 ep left unless the writer dedicate all 4 ep for them(though they still need to focus on others character ending as well like SW-BR,Taek appa confessing scene to get married if they ever gonna show, DS career choice,if JB ever gonna go to college,and so on so the JH-DS arc still might take some backseat and overshadowed by many happening maybe)  and make every interaction to be convincing to end up together which make me root for them i just won't really feel much for them even they end together since even it expected but not much impact.it predictable but not satisfactory..i would say different if meaningful interaction happen between them(i know the writer can do it since they easily change anything and control the flow like a puppet but tbh it kinda unfair to JH if he the husband since Taek getting almost 10ep of character growth&given many beautiful moment with DS but JH life mostly revolve around family,school&angsty for his feeling in battle with himself for too long and 4 ep left i feel more sorry for him even he end up as husband tbh) -YES MY OPINION IS FROM VERY BIAS TK-DS SHIPPER POV AND I KNOW JH-DS SHIPPER OR NEUTRAL VIEW IN DIFFERENT EYESIGHT SO THIS SOLELY MY BIAS OPINION NO HARM AGAIN CUTIE JUNGHWAN IN MAKING PROCESS ONLY MY FULL OF FLAW OF A SHIPPER MENTALITY PEACE:P

yeah of course beside the wonderful families, character, friendship,bromance,sistermance,superman, Taek story development one of the best thing happen and i should be grateful just for that since no one allowed to call him CB2.0 after he is created as awesome human as he is :wub: i guess even Taek might not be the lead for the girl but he still alead in different sense and always somehow the center of the drama even in official pic he put in sideline,

,but since im greedy and also prepare to be heartbroken but still greedy>>>logic so you will still see me spazzing and saying more and more thing you would disagree to favor Tk-DS and still might say he could be the husband before they announce who the husband im still free to guess since that the reason the game created by troll writer/pd since they love seeing people suffering because of them..yeah even you said no need to be sad im sure i will still be sad if JH the husband but don't worry that my own problem and my own emotion, i won't go on hating the series since they are wonderful even without the love story, i love pretty much all the character even JH so i won't go into incredible hulk mode but im sure would be unhappy and depress for some time but im sure im gonna move on and watch other drama and ship new couple and learn to accept the reality that this is just a kdrama

after this drama end i will go back to lurking mode but before that im still gonna spazz and ship TK-DS like it no tomorrow...yeah i won't be contributing any smart or mature opinion since there a lot of amazing smart out of the world people in this thread to do that so i leave the wonderful analyzing baduk genius talks to them XD

sorry if my word make no sense im no english speaker and my word is all over the place and dragging love triangle way

• Like 14

Hugs to you Chingudeul @nearsea you worry too much @salz you worry too less lol. In both cases I'm saying SunTaek couple is special we shouldn't underestimate four episodes you know. We can see, the angst(time jump, DS can see Taek with clingy girls, Taek is more skeptical lol) confirmation(If JH moved on and DS knows what she wants)  and marriage(this one will go so smoothly given their complementing dynamic and straightforwardness). Now let's look at JH/DS reunion-kiss that's enough lol, sorry but this sums up other shippers scenario/expectations  not mine. Whatever the conclusion is I still appreciate production team's hard work. My point was this I didn't  mean to force you my logic. Hence if you flip back the pages  you can see how I refuted Junghwan = Green = Husband theory  with same logic  ^^ 

• Like 6

As I watch that figure going farther and farther away from behind 
Still, I won’t say this moment is goodbye 
Taek cancelling their date 

It was sweet, wasn’t it? 
The two hearts drenched inside those numerous memories 
How shall we forget? 
1988-1989, almost two years. 
Episode 10 was named "Memory" and the memory was most likely Taek and Deok Sun at the beach 

Ah you will come again 
You can’t stand loneliness 
Ah to my side 
you will come back again 
This could work either way. In the episode, we had No Eul sing the guy version and Nami's version 
This could be hinting at how the two can't be without each other 

But when that time comes 
When I meet you again 
Can we fall in love again? 
During those days flying by 
Again, just how much 
tears am I gonna shed? 
So, they're going to be separated and will reunite if the time skip ever happens... = = 

I think I've gone crazy, even deconstructing the lyrics to a song...It just fits Taek and Deok Sun's story so much...

• Like 14

@Wendy Wang Yes, it does!! I don't like to keep listening  same song actually but  I don't know how many times I repeated this song. After watching uri Taekie's tears (Sad Fate / Nami=tear in Japanese by the way^^) I don't easily cry over watching dramas but I may cry out of happiness if Taek and Deok Sun ends up together this is how much I find them unique!!!

• Like 9

Guest gerimisore

I don't have enough time to draw any favorite scene today :(( I tried to doodle a bit in between my schedule and could only finish this.

Our Deoksun is wearing Taek's sakura-colored sweater (while standing in the middle of cherry blossom hurricane) :heart:

tumblr_o02sij3jCo1ut7f1go1_500.jpg

WOW, so many things to read! :o I wish I could join you all in the discussion :'( *sigh*

Love how active this thread these days <3 And if I may add, I really admire how we're still open to the possibility that Taek perhaps will not be the husband in the end (even though -seeing from the recent episodes- the chance of him becoming the endgame is getting higher). This "open-mindedness" reminds me of the very first reason why I like being here.  We all want Taek to be the husband, but even if he's not, I think most of us are still happy for having a remarkably unique character like him.

How awesome are we? Yeaaaargh! :D9

We boarded as a ship that many people assume will sink soon, and yet, HEY! Look at us? :D It's such an incredible feat, isn't it? That despite being mocked as a ship full of delusional people, we're still happily shipping and -not to mention- survived! Whether we'll face a massive iceberg, sink or end up in the right port, I must say I have no regret in joining you all here (or even going down with it). Let's just enjoy the journey! (while also wearing a life vest XD LOL).

1 hour ago, nicola_nikka said:

I was wondering if, maybe, taek was looking to see if duk seon would tell him, but we promise we would go, etc when he called a la junghwan scene? Remember how seon ask and ask even in front of taek. Maybe this was his test, hence his crying a la duk seon style. 

a la doks sun style  what a pitty we can't use this joke in our real life :glasses:

@gerimisore Yes,delusional yet hopeful..is not a bad thing lol.And your portrait is so romantic! I love how you always take care of the details of the hair..has such a soft look to it..<3,,and I really envy you with your daily goal of projects...you go girl..! And give us more of them :P.

*Deok sun almost looks like as if she's waiting for someone? Is a shadow hiding somewhere in the picture? :lol: Lol.

@sartikam We don't have any new episode this week.Ep 17 comes on 7th Jan,on the new year..=].

• Like 7

It's funny for me how shippers from both sides don't see main point of the future couple. They are old, there's no more romance and enthusiasm. Now they look like their parents. When you know somebody for almost 50 years and being in relationship around 20 years - humor and irony and friendship are fundamental links. It becomes funny how someone could so passionately that you like because when you are husband and wife occurring everyday problems. 

Guest gerimisore

@nearsea "Delusional yet hopeful" THERE! THERE! That's us! LOL XD

Aaaaak, thank you~! :heart: I try my best to draw something daily, but as someone who is indescribably lazy it's so hard to do so sometimes. I have to keep reminding myself or else I'll not finish anything *sigh* Thank you so much for the support tho ^^

I can do it! \D:/

Yes! Yes! Taek is standing  in front of her actually. You know, just being his usual charming self while also throwing his boyish lethal smile that we keep seeing every time he sees his girl. Deoksun is blushing if you notice :">

*aaaaaaaaand now I'm writing a fanfic. lol XD*

I wonder when the writer is developing the script..do they make it thinking of the actor' in mind? For example a friend of mine from this other thread said how the writer wanted to do reply'94 first....as the script was the made way back ..Because jung woo was not available at that time,they waited till he returned from the army.So that way reply'97 was the first one produced.If that is the case,when the writer is doing the script,is he thinking about the actor regarding the plot development? For instance here in '88 version,the actor playing JH is quite striking looking,so could it be that the actor himself was the main reason to take him as the 'Jung Hwan'.If that was the case,that could be a reason for a half-baked character [sorry if this sounds odd,I am just giving my opinion here].I just feel some part of his role is so much well written,while his emotional progress have been kind of ignored.Till now the silent baduk buddha taek has expressed much about how he feels..but JH,though talks a lot with his friends,but the tease and bantering stops there.We see how close he's with his family...but apart from that we don't know how he functions..what he likes/not likes.So that's why I was thinking if the writer has kind of taken his image in mind,and stopped there.

• Like 8