Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

As I said before, I came to this drama determining that I wouldn't join any ships, it went well until Taek showed his different sides one by one (and his puppy smile). I went to the other thread at first but I saw what they said there about Taek-DS shippers, they don't insult but the way they talk is very uncomfortable to read even for a neutral like me, that's why I set my heart on this ship even if it's Taektanic.

I personally accept whoever end up with DS as long as the writer gives Taek an ending he deserves and they can answer these questions:

- When did DS fall for JH? Had she ever set her eyes on him before her friends pointed out? Because if it's the reason, it's just ridiculous and just doesn't satisfy me. She can like DR or Taek if her friends told her they like DS.

Even when JH gave her that pink cloves, she still chose Taek's gift, she clearly didn't consider him as someone she liked at all.

- Why did 2015 DS say she didn't imagine she would marry her hubby

- Why does it take her hubby more than 10 years to drop formality when talking with Noeul even though their families are close. The only one is not close to him is Taek.

- Why did DS tell Taek to grow up and marry her and say she'd take responsibility for his life if she only thought of him like a kid?

• Like 13

Hello everyone! New kid here. I love this thread. I love taek character so much. Decided to make account so i can also sharing my thought.

About the color that turn everyone into sherlock holmes lol
Im positive that JH is blue. I watch ep 11 and find the evidence
Check 00:14:27 yellow and blue stuffs put together 
in 00:15:28 pay attention to the glass. There are blue and yellow glass put together when DS's mom and JH's mom prepare the food
also in 00:38:29 the blue and yellow glasses beside noeul.
This is all shown when JH family and DS family living together because the renovation. Im totally sure taek color is green. The post talking about the color on flashback in ep 2 is so detail. Lol amazing.

Everyone here is so amazing
Edited by bluesteyes
I tried to include the pics but it dont work -_-
  • Like 13

About ds said that she want to marry taek, seduce him for his mom , and take responsibility... all these talk imo were just empty talk by ds.. she's just literally said it without thinking deep... but somehow those words made me feel giddy of their cuteness n interaction.. i cant deny their chemistry n deep connection is so natural.. i want to taek to confess to ds alredy.. n see her reaction. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, nearsea said:

Some in dramabeans are saying that jh is doing taek a service by sacrificing his love for him.I don't understand how it's any different than what his friends do? Why he's being portrayed here as the best of the lot,and that he is above all kind of human insecurities and all? Sun woo was shown on ep 12 having  thoughts against taek's dad,and how he says to bora that he does not like him.So he's a regular teenager acting his age,so why give special treatment to jh.I think the writer just placed a finishing line over jh doing the whole sacrifice thing and now this is gonna be dragged for a while until taek gets to know about it.I really hoped that this time it's gonna be different but all the clues are there to just puzzle us or keep us distracted I guess,because jh 'is' the one in their mind,as much as I try to deny it in my head lol.

about the one that i bold... are the subs out already ??...

coz from what i understand in ep 12 SW doesn't hate Taek's dad... he hate that his mom have to work part time like that... from what little words that i understand what he saying to BR is he doesn't need anything he is satisfied with what he got so his mom shouldn't have to do part time work like that... but BR said to SW that is just what he want does he ever think what his mother want... that is just a bit of what i can understand from BR and SW conversation...

the relationship between Taek's dad and SW's mom is going to get revealed in next week ep if what i understand from the preview is not mistaken and that is what makes Taek runaway this is also if i'm not mistaken...  

• Like 2

@ebito I read the translated ep 13 preview somewhere,probably on the main thread.So I'm not sure about the authenticity.But I probably heard some broken words like taek's oppa,and the word 'shiro_ or something'? [pardon my habit to understand the words based on pronunciation and from the subbed version after watching korean dramas for two years or more lol]

Edited by nearsea
  • Like 2

@onlysb1 Lol thank you for the gifs,I can't stop gushing over jung bong.I even think to myself whether I am the jungbong to my younger brother who''s bit like jh,=/ in terms for poor or lack of communication skills.As most of the time I've to solve the common tech problems from every day life or take the hassle to do it.Maybe thinking too much about his weird behavior has made me this way but he is so hilarious.I think I like him more than samchunpeo from the last series.The devotion he has towards his games or stamp collection or eating the 'spam',lol.But it's good though,he's just lost in his own fairy world like peter pan.

• Like 3

I was checking the casting news from beginning, almost every news stated that Bogum is male lead and the rest are supporting (including GKP)

Is it because the journalists thought so or the producers said that? I still think Go Kyung Po is easier to be considered as male lead compared to Bogum (he's more famous with tons of projects)

Anyone here knows what happened for the casting news of R94?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, nearsea said:

@ebito I read the translated ep 13 preview somewhere,probably on the main thread.So I'm not sure about the authenticity.But I probably heard some broken words like taek's oppa,and the word 'shiro_ or something'? [pardon my habit to understand the words based on pronunciation and from the subbed version after watching korean dramas for two years or more lol]

i also catch only a few words or sentence and guess the rest... but for ep 12 i'm pretty sure that SW doesn't have any problem with Taek's dad the problem is with his mom doing part time job...

7 minutes ago, lovelyrainy said:

I was checking the casting news from beginning, almost every news stated that Bogum is male lead and the rest are supporting (including GKP)

Is it because the journalists thought so or the producers said that? I still think Go Kyung Po is easier to be considered as male lead compared to Bogum (he's more famous with tons of projects)

Anyone here knows what happened for the casting news of R94?

that probably just the journalist... one thing for sure with this kind of drama they will retain the secrecy of who the real male lead... coz if the real male lead is known there is no point in the guessing game... the male lead will be the husband no question about it...

• Like 5

I'm a Taek-DeokSun shipper too.. After Reply 1994, i'm worried history will repeat in Reply 1988.. Everyone seems to be finding evidences on who is the husband of Deok Sun lol.

I realised something as well... but may not be so relevant... need to confirm if Taek is younger than Deok Sun? or are they same age?

If yes, the 40s Deok Sun, played by Lee Mi Yeon is 1 year older than Kim Joo Hyuk who is acting as the husband of Deok Sun.. is that a  hint by the writer? 

• Like 3

Idk if im being too sensitive and delusional but in ep 2 when everyone gathers in JH house to celebrate TK victory, the kids enter one by one, first JH and DR, then SW, and then DS. When DS entered her appa asks "how come taek didnt  come with you?" And DS mom said this "THe star of the show always shows up last!" Then taek enter! So taek is the lead actor its the writer trick. Lol im being so delusional now. Cant help it i really like taek and how lucky park bo gum is to play this character:wub: 

• Like 20

Hahahahaha YES! So we're going with TK/DS having unconventional umbrella scenes! (Love the gifs, @onlysb1!) This would actually fit the theme of their relationship so well because the essence of their relationship is that DS is the primary protector per se. Many of the relationships we see in Kdramas cater to the side of girls that wants to be taken care of. From what we've seen so far, giving care is intuitive to DS. This is evident in the way that she takes care of TK, obviously, but also it's shown when she was in charge of feeding her siblings in the episode where her grandmother died. TK and DS are unconventional, and that's one of the many, many things that makes them so precious.

Thank you @hafunohane for reevaluating the list with that in mind and citing reason for us to be apprehensive about calling JH a noble idiot!

All of you guys never fail to revive me no matter how pessimistic/reserved I feel. :lol:

Also to piggyback off of you guys... There have been many occasions when Ssangmundong residents have talked about DS marrying TK. Like @namupeach said, this is just empty talk. But it's happened several times?

• DS: "Hurry up and grow up so you can marry me."
  • DS's dad: "Everyone greet my future son-in-law."
    SW's mom: "TK's going to marry JJ!"
    DS's mom: "We already have dibs."
  • DS's mom: "How I wish TK were my son-in-law..."
    DS: "Then should I seduce him?"
  • DR/SW: "Take responsibility for life!"
    DS: "Okay! I'll take responsibility. I lucked out anyway."

The adults don't say it in a way that's pushing. I know some adults actually hope for their kids to grow up and marry, but all of these moments were just jokes. The amount of times it's popped up could be a clue within itself though.

@chocolatepie DS was born on September 17 and TK on October 8 of the same year. He's just under a month younger :)

• Like 16

@liteulkwin, really?  why do they always talk like Taek is much younger than them......hmph...

I just read some of them who said that the adult JH said something like 'do you want to die' to adult DS and that is JH's character.. but DS has taught Taek to curse as well, so it could be that adult Taek is the husband lol..

I just hope that writer-nim will not repeat history like in 1994... but she has been making sure that whatever the adult DS & husband said, both JH & Taek experienced it with DS as well...  it's because of this uncertainty that is causing the uproar or upset when it is finally revealed...writer nim needs to give either JH-DS shippers or Taek-DS shippers time to recover from the shock and not at the last episode. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, azzhuragreen said:

All I want is flying to SK and steal the script of this drama and find out who is the husband. Huft. I'm stress enough lol. Today is Sunday. The whole day im just laying on my bed, cant help but overthinking husband hunt. Im totally lost. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Yes me too..why Friday seems far away.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluesteyes said:

Idk if im being too sensitive and delusional but in ep 2 when everyone gathers in JH house to celebrate TK victory, the kids enter one by one, first JH and DR, then SW, and then DS. When DS entered her appa asks "how come taek didnt  come with you?" And DS mom said this "THe star of the show always shows up last!" Then taek enter! So taek is the lead actor its the writer trick. Lol im being so delusional now. Cant help it i really like taek and how lucky park bo gum is to play this character:wub: 

Welcome, Chingu ^^ I assure , you aren't being delusional at all. Writers always likes to speak with audience via different characters. Sometimes this can be ahjumma saying things like you pointed out. Sometimes this can be ahjussi who plays same trick three times and laugh at you because you're easily deceived. Or when families gathered to play go stop it wasn't idle  competition going on there either. It also blinks an eye to lovelines. Sometimes this can be Doctor who says that nobody knows the result before surgery and it may not be easy as it seems. So to the  viewers who cries out of frustration, writer could say comforting words even they may not be truthful. I don't believe  that all these little things can be valid as clues, but I'm sure they're waiting  to be picked by our selective perception ^^

• Like 6

I'm wondering why Teak can not remember calling DS as Soo Yeon?

He used to keep remembering all the thing related to her, but only this name, he forget most of the time.

44 minutes ago, lxands said:

Wohoho....

I know smoking is bad for your health & all, but seriously Taek looks smoking hot when smoking!!!

Same here, aigoo.

I don't like smoking, but even DS allows him to smoke, why we have to hate it?

• Like 6

This is out of the blue observation...hihihi! I jus really want to praise Pds really work hard on the details and music background ... For example when BR/SW kissed and Taek saw.. The background song is in kissing scene is how deep is your love..but when Taek saw them it change to the last waltz ...they only play the start of the song ..normally lyrics of it start like "I wonder should I go or should I stay... They don't play the first lyrics but based in Taek reactions that's reaction he felt when he saw them...hihihihi...^^

• Like 7