Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

13 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

oh no what happened on main thread....im too scared to check...there was some good discussion about baduk and careers the last time i went on but let us blame it on the two week wait making us all more tense 

Haha everybody is discussing about the gifts scenes (pink shirt, TK's trophy, gloves, etc.) and the reactions of DS, TK and JH. As usual, it's still a burning discussion about what the PD/writer means when they show us particular scenes haha. And the point is everybody has different perspectives on what's being shown and what they believe in :D See, R-series drive their viewers crazy hahaha

Btw, see how fast we are moving haha :)) Our thread is created 1 month after JH-DS's thread but we seem to post a lot haha, look at the number of pages and number of replies =))

http://postimg.org/image/yon2yam2z/

• Like 14

I just watched the subbed version of Ep 16 and it is even more disheartening when TK cried because of DS;( i feel soo sad for both of them... the song of NL is really fitting for them. I hope next episodes TK will find the courage to fight for his love and i do not think that it is just a scene filler when DR said that TK would rather die than be second place. So TK go and win DS's heart! (i think half the battle is won already anyway;) Fighting!!!!!!!

TK :heart: DS:P

• Like 16

@trucsii

thank you for making such hilarious mv and compiling the funny scenes♥♥♥

i seriously can see these two having almost the same kind of dynamic and dysfunctional weird but wonderful kind of married couple relationship like Ra Mi Ran and Mr. Kim if they ever get married lol 

just look at how she mirror Mr Kim teasing his wife putting finger on his wife mouth at the beach and Mrs Kim always annoyed and frustrated at her childish husband but at same time worried when he not being himself and they love each other in their own way

• Like 9

11 hours ago, onlysb1 said:

@mangachickava. As far as I understood  from watching  R97, future scenes were all trolling that's why I haven't  been trying  to  make sense out of clues. So  assumptions that based on Lee Mi Yeon, husband and Junghwan's mannerism, the one who knows DS's first crush is Junghwan, are kinda ironic...BUT I appreciate double photo clue because  it kinda turned out to be symbol of bromance, right?  

Edit: By the way I'm always skeptical about end game but when it comes to defending SunTaek interactions I put things bluntly please hold me back when someone says Taek treats Deok Sun almost fatherly lol "What do want? I will buy you anything!"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROoFvfpK8Zg6NRjnGRuh5

Yeah I mean so far all the clues [explicit ones] are directing at us and screaming 'jung hwan,jung hwan!'...so that could be the irony of life part two .That is how all the preconceived assumptions fall apart,and just like the way we've been taking wrong guesses this season,the writer could surprise us too.Remember how everyone [including DR to the Taek's coach,] publicly stated about taek's competitive strokes,and he later breaks that notion.

What I don't understand is if JH is the husband,what would be the writer's motive to keep him mum till the end,only to get more double number ratings,? Not I hope.But apart from this frustrating trio I do agree with someone who said,this pin-pointing over the clues are making it hard to enjoy the rest of the episodes with keeping your calm lol.So like exams while I'm answering some of the known answers,the more difficult indecipherable ones are creeping up my back =/.

-- Err after reading your post from the main thread, I  totally overlooked that scene when JH,deok sun are taking photo at the concert,and the random couple did the kiss before them,so again the writer must have included that for something[or for more smoke].Somehow all the DS-JH scenes end up giving more implicit tensed [sexual] expressions.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, st4rdust said:

I always feel like laughing when JH fans say the future hubby is the carbon copy of JH. I just can't see it. The tone and the way they talk is different. 

And I would like to think that whoever this couple ends up, I hope there is still romance left after almost 30 years of marriage. Adult DS called her husband to come over when she heard it's the first snow, won't it be sweet if this old couple stood by the window, her in his arms as they gazed at the snow together?  Of cos this is BTS private mushy stuff so the interviewer won't be recording...  ( like the time when Taek's dad told him he loved him, off the records)...  

It will be beautiful to grow old with your soulmate, someone who completes you, and not be bickering constantly in old age hahaha

Go take a look at this hilarious photo montage @wasted_youth did over the main thread.Uri taek too looks a bit like KJH  :lol:.

@trucsii Wow thank you for this <3,,at least 240 seconds worth reason exist why and how deok sun-ah takes care of taek in case of need.

• Like 5

About the birthday gifts scene, I want to share my thought here

* JB’s talking with Duksun about Mi Ok’s hobbies (  Ep 16 )

-DS : Favourite colour is Yellow

Favourite season is Winter

Favourite food is steamed wheat flour cake

Her birthday is April 3… It’s coming soon

-JB : What gift I should give on her birthday?

-DS : About material life, she’s no lack of anything

So, let’s give her a gift from your heart

And then, Jung Bong’s folding 1000 paper cranes to present for Mi Ok

( oh, JB’s really so romantic. ^^)

* Review Ep 14

Mi ok: Did you give him the present. I thought it was pretty.

Wang : What’s present?

DS: It was Jung Hwan’s birthday, I bought him a shirt. It’s was pink shirt. Man Ok picked it out.

Wang : Did he wear it

DS: No,… he didn’t

I guess I was wrong again this time

DS  know about Mi Ok very clear. what color/ season/ food… Mi Ok likes

But she doesn’t know that JH doesn’t like Pink color.--- That’s so strange, because they are grown up together from the childhood.

I don't see the deep connection between them…Although she doesn’t know his hobbies, at least she could try to know it. She could ask him : “ what do you want for birthday” or ask Jung Bong.

Why she doesn’t ?

DS acts towards him just a teenager crush… I don’t feel that she’s  really falling for JH.

P/s : In next episode, i really want to know more about Taek

- why he decide not go to High School

- when did he start smoke

- flashback about their middle school period. i think he start have feeling with DS at that time :P

Edited by taekii
  • Like 18

thoughts for ep 16

Spoiler

DS mentioned studying to TK, I feel they have talked about her needing to study more off camera

DS dad tells TK dad to put money in bank vs investing in Samsung…UMMMM isn’t that a bad idea????  

I love the top color for piles of origami paper in JB room is yellow green and blue, with the yellow and green side by side

I don’t think being a fighter pilot fits SW or JH tbh…

Wait did JH mom want to do the song and dance to A Thrilling Confession by yoo soon il O.o

And DR song was “I just called to say I love you” and NL was “sad fate/relationship” ummmmmm like all of these seem to point to TK and DS.

AWW bora is under so much pressure T.T

OMG TAEKKKKKKKKKKKK you just called your dad out for just saying thanks “only with words” gasps HOW ELSE SHOULD HE THANK SOMEONE???HMMMMMMMMM????? please demonstrate :) 

I hope in 1994 there is more club/fun scenes ( and the ~style~ change) 

Considering the previous ep of DS friend Joey doing things to her hair, it makes sense she aims to be a hairdresser...I honestly am getting confused to what DS will do...

DS SAID DON’T FORGET TO TK ABOUT SATURDAY, and brought him GOLDEN FISH BEFORE HIS MATCH T.T like that scene  

I was trying to look into the convo between DR and DS but I think it was mostly trolling the audience to not expect the end scene.

JB would make a great house dad…doesn’t need to go to college

Um the play by play of TK competition “at first they were at same level and TK was suffering a bit, however…”

BORA AND SW ARE SO CUTE

What is up with the amount of medicine being given in this ep…like TK to DS, DS friend, DS dad to BR.

I actually love the directing that had Bora stay in the car. It just really fit both her and dads characters. Like you don’t always need hugs to show ur love, it can be shown in really non clichéways, like Ds Dad not being able to say good bye to her from the house and needing to do it from the street further down.

MI RAN IM YOUR BIGGEST FAN

I thought it was beautiful hearing both  version of the song “sad fate/relationship” and really hope they release a version from NL

Ok one thing I did not really think about the first time I watched but now got me slightly worried was, TK's health...now im worried about his passed out state on the bed, considering no one will come check on him till sunday 

DS and TK scenes were really cute but....Tk was very reserved and withdrawn ( really well directed and acted!) like Ds was saying all the cute things about him calling her on saturday and TK just seemed off...( i actually had an inkling that things were not going well when I watched raw and the flashback, was therefore, not the biggest surprise because PBG acted so well that i could feel that he had something really heavy on his mind that he could not enjoy what DS had just done) Like the last scene he just looked like the life was sucked out of him ......

also the word irony i felt resonated strongly with 1) Bora and Dad who used a lot of verbal irony in the ep. 2) TK and his "competitiveness" was set up to be an example of situational irony 

i do think that part 2 of the "Irony" might be with DS getting into university, considering how almost everyone has told her it's impossible. and I know some people are saying that DR SW and JH will rotate their careers and it will be ironic but like DR is a complete comedian ...but a doctor? that just doesnt make sense  even if it was funny twist  

• Like 6

Sometimes people forget about viewers who doesn't care much background search or facts as they only watch drama because they just see the story, so most of the so called  clues doesn't make sense to them you know it's easy to strew them here and there but most of the people can be insightful to see meaning between in the lines which is my only hope I can hold onto. lol. But well I dun care @nearsea I really dun care, I don't even want to answer some posts because It won't change anything. I literally laughed at how they can still  see Taek only as puppy and as if it  proves that they don't do any disrespect to character so I wonder  what would be their reaction if I were to say I only love Junghwan because you know

aAmBfw7bCup3DsXIxdT7TZzQ5bbMC9H7EThNX-5s

WHO DOESN'T LOVE FAITHFUL DOG HACHIKO!!!

• Like 12

LOL haha I'd say Jung hwan's eyes are so much hachiko like...when he's pondering over deok sun all night long.Good find!

On a side note who does not love this song? - December - 'All I can give you is love'..and the month being december makes me want to take a note to listen to it next december lol.

66Z38I.jpg

• Like 16

I really don't like only one thing in R88 (Bo Ra bar exam issue) : but it's connected with my career. In South Korea people can take a bar exam right after a colleague. Here a bar exam we can get only after 2-4 years working (usually 2 years volunteering). And it take around 1 years of pure studying for it nothing else than studying :(. I wish here we have such good sholling system like Koreans... qmeeee. 

Hellooooo friends!

So, who's 'going to watch/rewatch "I Remember You a.k.a Hello Monster"? (since reply1988 won't have new episodes this week)

That's a good idea..BUT, it'll make you *remember* Deoksun & Taek more. Did PD Shin watch it too? Well, if Deoksun was modelled after Hyeri, did he also get some inspiration from Min's character? Taek has this "selective memory" (Deoksun tends to have a messy memory too) while Min's character thought he was forgotten, here Taek is being treasured & remembered by everyone. Episode 12 also showed us Taek wearing a cap + stalker-ish feel-flasher scene, who else did we remember? Min. The use of purple flowers *coughs**bora* & Bogum& Jang Nara's scene: "Are you imitating me?" *remembers Taek imitating Deoksun as she cursed* Did they do that on purpose? well Min didn't believe in coincidence, but in Destiny. :D Taek's flashback scenes! Little Min had a different & lonely childhood, in reply1988 did a contrast with this: he has friends who welcomed him in Ssangmundong. 

Episode 10 title was MEMORY (Taek remembers everything about Deoksun). Bogum's character in Hello Monster also sent clues/hints to his brother to find him..(last clue: had no. 6 on the card, now we have Choi Taek-6 dan.) ......and boom Sherlock feels!! *remembers the Sherlock book at Deoksun & hubby's home* I just find it amazing that bogum picked roles that are strikingly essential to the story & always get the plot moving, he didn't appear a lot in the earlier episodes of HM, but his character had many layers & revelations too!! And yes, he acted with Seo In Guk who played the husband in the first installment, reply1997. If Hyun was playing the "Who's my brother" game in Hello Monster, now we have this "Who's the husband" game again..........and Bogum is on it AGAIN. 

Adult Deoksun couldn't remember the chocolate stuff..Adult husband couldn't remember the MBC college festival stuff... Adult Deoksun pointed out his husband's peculiar memory in episode 9 (lol, the date is on the photo) I CANNOT WITH THIS THEME.

Hmmm, did PD-nim or Writer-nim watch it too? BECAUSE HELLOOOOOOO!! CJ E&M also produced Hello Monster (same producer for reply series) How awesome it would be if Seo In Guk would have a surprise cameo appearance! and if there's one man that Deoksun would always pick and remember....hopefully it's Taek. :D:D:D 

PS: Endgame or not, I will always REMEMBER the awesomeness of all the shippers & posts in this thread! Fighting!

• Like 11

Hi guys, i have made a playlist of all the songs that some people here have listed and then more (i believe this is everything, save for several instrumental guitar and piano tunes which i couldn't track down or detect with shazam). It's in the order of appearance/ episodes. :rolleyes: Shoutout to those who contributed! 

Another playlist for some of their scenes in english sub from YT in the order of episodes as well:

And the last one is for Taek-Deoksun/ PBG- Hyeri FMVs that I find on YT:

I've added these to the first page as well. Feel free to share your clips or let me know what I'm missing and I'll add them to the playlist! <3 

• Like 15

@lady65432 I have already started watching 'hello monster'..such a clever plot and smartly constructed drama! Bogum is really a good actor,and not just got popular because of his charming appearance lol.I am already regretting the fact that I skipped live watching,just for the reason that now it's not possible to discuss the drama in the thread anymore..

Btw...now that you mentioned[ I was trying to remember this very information for several days]..so future husband said about going to the mbc college festival with deok sun right? [ Now that concert that jh-ds went to,was that the same festival? Or do we know about taek attending any program with deok sun till now? =/]..Sorry if this has been already mentioned before.

• Like 3

Hello everyone :)) I went to a sleep over with my friend and together we marathoned I remember you. I am really happy because I saw my friend after a long time and 'cause she liked the drama ^^ as I rewatched the series, I began to notice things I didn't see before. This drama is really good and very clever with how they do character introductions, plot developments and of course the actors. If I had an extra night then I'd probably rewatch the reply episodes with her hahaha anyways I just actually want to tell you guys that you're all amazing people! I just went away for a day and I return to this forum and there's already around 10 pages for me to catch up hahaha I bet they're all insightful, funny and amazing. Let's keep each other company until episode 17 comes out! Advance happy new year to everyone :D I hope you guys have a nice day!

• Like 5

After watching some of our roommates TK/DS MVs 

A funny thoughts comes on my mind, roommates what if DS really like TK?i mean about patting him and tell him to grow fast so that he can marry her, I know sometimes you will said that to someone you really don't intend to marry,but sometimes you meant it..with DS case she is very simple minded and that time her mindset about TK is different, she feel sometimes frustrated becoz TK is not a grown up man yet, that's why he said grow up fast so he can marry her..What if that is just simple at it is..?

she's like waiting for Taek... It's like saving the best for last! Hihihi..For some reason she's always okay to be with Taek even forever..

anyway guys what's written on the display fan while DS is dancing/catching TK?its also been focused..

^^

• Like 10

@nearsea adult dukseon & husband were arguing about the winner (DS mentioned the correct one, endless orbit 1988) but adult husband mentioned something about another singing contest (Jeon Yoo Na 1989) according to the husband, they watched with everyone else. DS & JH attended MBC radio concert in ep9 (with Lee Moon Sae, I think) we haven't seen DS & TK attending any concerts yet *prays for a flashback scene* since they've been showing us ds-jh attending 2 concerts already. :D

• Like 6