Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

Guest ngocdpb

@liteulkwin : Yup, I also think that's what Vietnamese sub-team translated. But imho, I think "How's the situation?" should be "How would it be?". [Their work sometimes doesn't very smooth and natural (but they work hard, I appreciate it)].

Because the old man didn't think that he'd lose. So he asked to confirm - like you said.

I've just rewatched ep16, after winning of TK on Friday match, on the radio they said that TK was on an adverse situation, but he turned it around, attacked then won. So maybe it is an implying? Crying makes him look like a loser or even give it up (I feel uneasy whenever people said that - He's NOT weak like that), but in the end, he'll revive and bounce back from this exhausted situation.

@mellinadear I learnt to play several kinds of chess when I was a child, but Baduk is the only one I gave up. It's not too difficult to play but for becoming a good play is seriously hard. So my dear, don't worry. Just like DS, lol, I have ramyun, do you want some? 

@mangachickava: Yup, what abt 11-14? You wanna take 11-14 or 15-16? Just leave me something to do, hehe. (I don't know why I can't mention you, so sorry T_T)

35 minutes ago, 13infamyss said:

Sadly, the more I look for something, the more I wonder why I haven’t seen a scene where I discovered something new about them just from their everyday conversation. Jung Hwan can’t even naturally asked why she was crying – what caused her to cry in Ep 15. While he was having seconds thoughts whether to ask her or not, Taek had already asked her – as if it was a very natural thing for him to do. He didn’t need to think twice whether he should ask her or not.

Sorry to cut your post short but THIS!!! This is exactly how I interpreted this scene and why it's one of my favorite TK-DS scenes. I feel like some JH shippers are so blinded that they can't pick up on this. Where JH hesitated, TK stepped right in. They may say that he was so cold and selfish that he didn't even notice DS was crying. We're talking about Baduk genius Choi Taek here. He asked DS what she was doing on the staircase and what was going on. He knew something was wrong immediately (possibly before he even approached her) but her answer reflected that it was nothing and he respected that. She then questioned him why it seemed like he had no strength because she could also tell that something was wrong with TK. See how in tune they are with one another? I seriously love these two! And like you mentioned, this is what real life couples do/how real couples behave (also speaking from my own experience). You comfort and find solace in one another, even if it's as simple as talking or resting one's head on the other. Ok I'll shut up now haha

• Like 20

Someone made this note over the main thread that we know husband dated many girls in college...But would taek go to the college =/..considering he's so much involved in baduk lol.Honestly hope it does not end up becoming like himym part 2.

• Like 2

So rewatching ep 16 raw when I happen to realize the scene of TK giving DS medicine and asking her about the date/hang out had the original song Little girl that is sung by oh hyuk

now oddly the first time i didnt recognize it playing in the background...why? because its the version sung by LEE MOON SAE!

not to be carried away as the scene was shared with shots of SW/DR/JH 

and I cant remember, but is this the first time the original version was played??

-----

@ngocdpb i can do 11-14 while u work on 15-16? 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, nearsea said:

Someone made this note over the main thread that we know husband dated many girls in college...But would taek go to the college =/..considering he's so much involved in baduk lol.Honestly hope it does not end up becoming like himym part 2.

I think it's a subs issue... All other subs I seen later does not mention college...  Present DS said " want to talk about all the women you dated before we got married?" 

Same point that people said who wore black as mentioned in DS diary...  A Chinese subbed explained that the dark clothes was a figure of speech for her cheesy poetry writing... She was describing...  Night time... 

Again this is all a matter of subs lol lost in translation....  Unless we get native Korean speaker here it's hard to know who is right...

• Like 9

@st4rdust Yeah for insance the white and black color theory is not too strong a clue IMO. As it works for only ep 15  as someone mentioned over the main thread. Also  we've stumbled upon so many theories up to this episode: doctors,air hostess,film actress,kisses,death,that any one is left to feed on each of their own imagination.If anything it only makes the process[to husband hunt] more thrilling lol.

• Like 4

@liteulkwin oh thanks for explaining it better for me. Just his humble way of letting his opponent know that he won the game is fascinating. I can see why LCH is treasured as the baduk master. 

@hafunohane saw it,thanks. Lol truth be told, my mind didn't go so far as to think about the loveline concerning the baduk pieces. Should I be worried that I didn't even think of the love line but rather focused on the game itself? LOL. Its all good though.

@ngocdpb hahaha,I would very much like some ramyun sister. I learned chess in 2days(even though I get defeated sometimes *sigh*) but baduk...I just dunno,it wouldn't stick. After seeing how @shooastrid explained it, I got interested to know but nah..it wouldn't stick lol. Maybe its not meant to be(I mean baduk and I).

• Like 8

Guest ngocdpb

@mangachickava Ha!!! I can mention you! Did it! Lol. Yup I'll take 15-16. Thank you. ^^

@mellinadear Haha. So let's enjoy ramyun. If we are also good at Baduk, so there'd be many Taeki girl versions here.  LOL.

--Woah!!! I have to come back with my dear working ~.~ poor me ~.~ I've spent much time for the show and now many tasks are waving me. How come this show can be that interesting T_T--

1 hour ago, hmong_lubpaj said:

. You comfort and find solace in one another, even if it's as simple as talking or resting one's head on the other. Ok I'll shut up now haha

Yes and that's what made Reply 1997 and Reply 1994 such beautiful series. The simple little things that Yoon Jae-Shi Won and Na Jung-Trash did together that make you think you don’t necessarily need to do grand things to make everyday life worth living. This kind of connection I’ve loved about these Reply couples is what I’ve been looking for a while now for in this latest series. It’s unfortunate that it took me 16 episodes to see the big picture and appreciated every single scene that was thrown at me.

1 hour ago, hafunohane said:

@13infamyss i second what you said about the realistic portrayal of TK-DS interactions... it's something that i can't help but notice as well even as a half JH-DS shipper. i mentioned about this weeks ago that such a simple scene like their beach date- them sitting side by side drinking vending machine coffee- speaks so, so much volumes to me. but it helps to remember too that at the end of the day, reply 1988 is still a k-drama, so that's why there are those swoonworthy scenes as well. thanks for sharing your "essay," haha please don't hesitate to share more! your post reminds me of the beautiful moment TK-DS share, laughing at the beach and fooling around with the snacks... and also this #relationshipgoalz :

Yes there are just so many scenes of Taek and Duk Seon together I could list if I were to ask of my favourites. Like, uuugh, the list would just go on and on and on. I just loved that they share a lot of small moments, but these had built up over time. And the next thing I knew I was actually overwhelmed with stuff I wanted to analyze and dissect whenever they’re together. Like, I wanted to discuss about the beach scene as well, but that would make my previous essay even longer. :bawling: It’s like they can do fun things together and talk about what makes them happy and worry even without the entire group. And that’s what I’ve been anticipating Jung Hwan and Duk Seon to do as well all this time - just constant building of small sweet memories every day.

And yes, I loved that tumblr post! Thanks for sharing. I so agree with that. It’s what I have been wanting to see for both camps. Taek and Duk Seon have shared those kind of little happy moments, I wonder if Jung Hwan and Duk Seon would ever as well.  

• Like 17

This morning, I read a news mentioned kiss scene of JH and DS and honestly, although I prepared for sinking but still felt like a heart attack.

Luckily someone said that is just a fake news.

But if it could be true, how can I overcome?

And suddenly, an imagination came, that Teak will have a special match, with a girl-a baduk player. And that's is his destiny. (Like the last Ep of Reply 1994, ChilBong hit the girl on the way he return to Shincheon boarding house).

Hope all of my imagination go wrong, should go wrong...

• Like 5

@libra83 

I should hope not lol that will be sloppy storytelling. And does not do Taek's feelings justice at all... You don't say you feel like dying when you are not together ( like she completes his life)  and turn around to fall for a baduk player just becos she is a female... I'm sure he had so many beautiful fans throughout the years..  He is a genius and looks so adorable.... That reporter Park is his fan club president... 

• Like 10

I guess the writer  wanted to give justice to chilbong..so that it seems like he was not lonely  at the end? But that won't  be repeated I hope just because here ...somehow I feel deok sun has been taek's preference  since forever.So though it started during the school trip at the alley for jung hwan,for taek it started way back.Even the first scene when they are shown together taek looked at deok sun as if he is under her spell ...or maybe it seemed that way to me..don't know.

• Like 5

I generously read others opinion and for some reason I raise an eyebrow whoever tells me that Deok Sun did this or Deok Sun said this because it means she loves him be it Taek or Junghwan. I can't comprehend how our simple minded girl  Deok Sun does things subtly/secretly/unconsciously. Because her three traits  I'm sure of till now... generous, obvious, harmonious. Have I missed something? She lives in the moment. So whenever she is pissed she expressed (nagging/bickering, please note it she is not tsundere) whenever she falls in love she expressed (eagerly cute, please note it she can act girly anytime with anyone since she is girl...) As much as she is responsive to Junghwan's rudeness she is also more patient with Taek's clumsiness. To me it only means that she is harmonious she has different dynamic with each boy just look at DR/DS comedian duo. Shall we say Deok Sun loves DR because they are the most compatible pair?

So who Deok Sun loves now? 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScndAoQo1ZXkdoPo5_28U

No it isn't. I agree who says  Deok Sun is indifferent to all boys now just like ep1. Just wait we will know it when the time comes.

• Like 9

I have been lurking on this thread for quite some time now and only today did I decide to finally join in the discourse and share some insights about this lovely, albeit fictional pairing. Heeh.

Been two years since I was all for Chilbong during the previous Reply installment and I admit, I am still deeply scarred. I promised myself I'd never watch R88 because I really have this second lead syndrome and was afraid I might end up getting dejected again by the time this series end. All was well..well, until one of my best friends coaxed, okay, convinced, me to. Grrr.

To be honest, I had already set my mind that Junghwan is gonna be the husband as I watched the first four episodes of R88 using my bff's laptop. No more false hopes, no more heartbreaks- it gotta be Junghwan, okay!? But then again, the moment I saw Taek right outside his house by the gates, drinking from the milk carton then Deoksun approaching him, patting his butt as if it's total normalcy and no malice at all- yet the look in his eyes when his gaze followed DS and DR as they were hurriedly heading off to school- that just rang the freaking ding dong! There wasnt even anything much during that scene but then there's this certain tingling in my spine, I couldn't explain! So in the next episodes, I was discreetly looking forward for more TK-DS scenes despite having to constantly remind  myself 'JH is obviously the husband, stop hurting yourself!' - until that scene wherein the gang was in TK's house, hugging him one by one before they enter the room in which when it was DS's turn, he just literally threw himself into her! 

Me: *in panic mode*

Me: "SOMETHING IS UP!!! SOMETHING IS DEFINITELY UP!!!!!!"

Me: *tries to calm down as i set park bogeum as my phone's wallpaper*

Me: "im ok"

Aaand when the first snow happened? Damn. I am sold. I have decided. Crossed the borders and hopping aboard the Taektanic. I am a cat. I had nine lives. I still have eight. Eight lives. Yes.

HAHA, Kidding aside, I really enjoyed every writeup I have read from this thread. I wasnt able to backtrack everything but enough to keep me sated for my DS-TK thirst. I usually just read dramabeans recaps since I'm busy with work (called in sick at work yesterday until today so I had spare time and now, ending up in here lol) but sometimes, the posts comes off biased for me so I just watch the cuts available on Youtube then read stuff from soompi so thank you for everything! Keep it going, guys!

(Pretty sure it had been speculated before but idk since i havent backtracked as much; my hunch is that the 2015 scenes is an interview for TK, presumably being the baduk prodigy that he was and still is, like they just wanna do a feature of him to catch up with what had happened with him post-baduk career and stuff, hence 2015!DS getting interviewed as well lol ok bye)

• Like 23

@onlysb1 Ok do you mean to say that the writer is using deok sun's expression as a mirror?So whenever we're  feeling deok sun is happy/sad/hurt..it's because we audience feel that way...not because it's the actual case.Well basically tk-ds is still non-existent *officially ..so JH shippers at least have an upper hand there..but we for one are not sure if deok sun's feeling is going to gradually change towards tk or not.As the writer can flip table any time and nullify those clue at last moment..=/.Though I'm not sure if I'm talking in your line or not =/.

• Like 4

@nearsea Yep

Spoiler

Actually between when she crushed on SW and JH I see no difference. Some may insist that there is and I understand it because they see Deok Sun as how they want to see. It can be same for us too we hope that Deok Sun loves Taek unconsciously but if not  it still fits my description of Deok Sun above. Even for DR being husband it's not surprising actually it's just far fetched. Still if we look at the story Taek has more chance because we can't compare her reaction to him with others since they insisted on not to show it...isn't it fishy doesn't it smell trolling? 

Edit

UdV0TzvazIjN1x4qLRWUVdLtu7El1ky5kCp6s7G6

Choi Taek!!!

• Like 11