Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

15 minutes ago, chocolatepie said:

I have the same thoughts as you. when I see the camera focus on the medicine(I can see there are 2-3packs of the medicine opened on top of the side cabinet) and Taek lying on the bed like this, the first thing came into my mind is he may be unconscious.  But that could be the important scene, will DeokSun realised how important Taek is to her if she learnt of it? 

Now I can imagine flashback/scenes of DS rushing to contact TK haha. Remember during the China match when DS followed TK, the coach/manager told DS that TK passed out in his room once. That's why DS got a copy of TK's room's keys :) I think there can be something here. Anyway, I'm curious what the book above his head is about though :) 

http://postimg.org/image/cq8rrxexl/

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Phuong Tam Nguyen said:

Now I can imagine flashback/scenes of DS rushing to contact TK haha. Remember during the China match when DS followed TK, the coach/manager told DS that TK passed out in his room once. That's why DS got a copy of TK's room's keys :) I think there can be something here. Anyway, I'm curious what the book above his head is about though :) 

http://postimg.org/image/cq8rrxexl/

you mean the book under his head? it looks like a pictorial book on baduk competitions...

regarding the fake news, I really hope that they do not post things that are not verified... whether you are DS/Taek shippers or DS/JH shippers, it is going to give heart attack to 1 of the party...

• Like 9

Why it is really important that DS's husband have to be her first love?

I think it really refreshing that this time the girl has had two love experiences before falling in love for real. This feels so real!!! For, the natural thing (at least the most commun) it is people falling in and out love till find the love that will last.

I read at the main thread that there is the idea that in fact DS's first love was JH, and I think that @monsterlife posted here that she thought it could be TK, given the deeper attachement that DS has towards TK throughout the years. In fact, I think that if we had to pick one theory, that of TK as de first love makes more sense than that of JH.

However, I don't believe in anyone of those theories. For to me, we have to take at face value what DS herself said about it (and sometimes I think it funny why we forget some things that are really important):

- Ep. 3, from 8'00'' to 8'06'', DS uttered very clearly and explicitely:

"Summer, 1988...

... SDS's first experience with love ...

... On other words: her first love just begun!"

Well, I can't see why we should ignore DS's words. Most of us are "upset" because we get nothing from the pov of DS. But here, we have her pov. And from her point of view SW was her first love.

To me it´s clear as water, and I don't want to argue with DS, I don't want to ignore DS's words. And I really think that the author has already explicetely stablished that SW was her first love. Maybe her message is: It is not always that the first love is the truest, the deepst or the ever lasting love. :)  ;)  So guys, if your first love doesn't work, don't despair: in your life you will know many others wonderfull people who can arise inside you the most powerful and beautifull love, the kind of love that will be reciprocated and that will last forever!

I really like this message!!! :) 

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, ninaanin said:

However, I don't believe in anyone of those theories. For to me, we have to take at face value what DS herself said about it (and sometimes I think it funny why we forget some things that are really important):

- Ep. 3, from 8'00'' to 8'06'', DS uttered very clearly and explicitely:

"Summer, 1988...

... SDS's first experience with love ...

... On other words: her first love just begun!"

Well, I can't see why we should ignore DS's words. Most of us are "upset" because we get nothing from the pov of DS. But here, we have her pov. And from her point of view SW was her first love.

Sorry to cut your post...but your post here actually made me think what if JH is the first love,deok sun's talking about here..Jh-DS journey kind of starts from this episode right. ..and which comes at a stand still as JH gets to know about taek's feeling...and taek's arc starts parallely from the end of episode 6.So though her first interest/crush was sun woo. .one which happened and developed for real was with JH...and maybe this brief run/attempt at love would finally make her realize the difference between 'loving' and 'liking' someone...

• Like 3

@Phuong Tam Nguyen@chocolatepie

That scene also made my heart skip a bit when I saw it. But I think the medicine scene is just an evil plan to make us worry for another 2 weeks... Don't worry they won't use such a silly suicide type of trope .
Our Taekie WILL NOT BE NEEDING PITY LOVE.

He is just sooo tired after the match, and the heartbreak, and since he said he is attending something important the next day, he doesn't want Sunwoo to call him to ask him what is happening... Guy just needs some time to make some serious adjustments to his feelings...

• Like 6

I think they showed those pills because Deok Sun told him to not take any and get some rest, but he was emotionally hurt and he took those pills so he could fall asleep and even told his coach to not wake him up all day. Those pills sort of showed how hurt he was. The PD even said that he doesn't like to kill off main characters.

• Like 10

i have to admit that i was really worried about taek yesterday when i saw the meds. and start questioning whether writernim will turn this series into a melodrama?  hehehehe.. hopefully not. this is family drama after all. 

i think it is really intentional that they made the end of episode 16 like that.. it is indeed a cliffhanger.

i am 100 percent sure that there is something worth waiting for... 

come fast Irony of Life, part 2 episode 17.. we are ready for you!

b68a9dcbd0a71179f6c172ff5385e82f.jpg

• Like 10

@ninaanin I like your point.

lmao, the typical (overrated) first loves in dramaland. When actually, last love is so much more important (if you find one), lol. I do  not  get it why the writers make so much dramas abt everlasting first loves anyway. It's so boring. That's why I'm almost always finding myself in the SLS club, when watching dramas ahahahah. I'm sick and bored of the cliché  first love plotlines. SHIRO! *le sigh*  (I've watched tooo many dramas in my life lol)

I'm not saying that first love that lasts is impossible, heck no it isn't. But I think in reality, people are most likely to end up with another person than their first love so I'm still waiting for more dramas like that haha.

so I'm really glad that taek isn't deok sun's first love, even though she is his (well that can't be helped anymore, it's only deoksun-ah for you taekie, just accept it... :blush:) He can be her last ahahahahahhahahah, right taekieee? ;););) :blush: I dunno, but I just find Taek & Deoksun very compatible as a couple, much more than JungHwan and her...Just saying... So go and marry your taekie deoksun-ah, okie? :blush:

22899188644_935f994c3f_o.jpg

Spoiler

Princess-Odette-Prince-Derek-Arrange-The

• Like 15

1 hour ago, komanechi said:

Hi @charmeegregory in DS - JH thread, they mentioned that it was hoax and already clarified. So dont worry and keep our ship sailing since Uri Taekie still has chance to be the husband.

But saw the last scene in yesterday episode really made me worries, I hope writer-nim doesnt kill Taek with his overwhelming pain killer pills, since that's not a winner/ baduk player move. I am sure Taek will take the best decision for every parties. From now on I will just enjoy the drama, and just hope TK and DS will end up together, but if not, I will still OK for it since the whole drama is really beyond good :)

I think more that it would be his turning point. Sleeping all day will make the trainer and father concern, also Teak will after that more concentrate on baduk (if that's possible) and JH will have more space.... But the star comes last :D

Long time lurker first time poster. I just wanted to say what an enjoyable thread this site has been for me. This thread represents to me what I like about the show, great writing, wonderful characters who can make you laugh and cry, sometimes at the same time.  I have watched quite a few asian dramas ; Korean, Thai, Japanese, Taiwanese and like probably a few of you was getting tired of the same story with different actors being shown again and again. I have not watched  the previous Reply stories and after the description of CB I am glad I haven't. The emotional distress caused by CB would have caused a Class Action lawsuit here in America, I haven't seen such emotional scarring  outside of a manga or anime, at this point everyone should have become the lonely hero fighting to make sure no one will ever be CBed again or become the damaged villain who destroys everything because they are so empty inside after having everything they believed in proven a lie.

I am hoping that Taek and DS end up together but in the meantime I enjoying the ride of this wonderful show and thread.

Thank you all

• Like 12

tsk..tsk..tsk..people are so desperate that they have to make hoax news just to create false hope.

anyway, i've been thinking lately..is it possible if a writer of a drama series (or a movie) could change his/her writing plot just to adjust the lead actors off-screen chemistry? so i began to search and found something interesting,

Spoiler

the original script of Pretty Woman actually had a dark ending. but the director saw Richard Gere and Julia Roberts chemistry was perfect. they just light up with each other and said both actors brought such a lovability and charm that he didn't think the audience would want a dark ending. so they changed the script and we got a happy ending of one of the best romantic movie ever.

so yeah, it is possible. 

if the original script JH is the husband, it is still possible if they suddenly change the plot and make TK as the husband just because they saw Hyeri and PBG off-screen chemistry was fit for the role. 

i mean who knows the original script of episode 16 actually does have Taek confess to DS. and they changed it.

lol,

no. jk.

don't mind me.

• Like 8

Hi everyone, may I humbly present my Taek x Deoksun HAPPY CUT hahahah 

Based on the many fav scenes we mentioned earlier, ( aren't you glad there is so many happy joyful scenes? After 16 episodes you will expect the OTP to at least have some happy scenes together right? *being naughty here sorry*) DS eyes really take on a different softer or happier look when she just sees Taekie. No matter what kind of mood she is in...

And I just realised...Actually Taekie let her down a few times right? He forgot he was her Secret Santa, he fell asleep throughout their movie 'date', elbowing her nose... but every single time, she forgave him really quickly... She even gave him another chance for another movie and even reminded him because she knew he was liable to forget... ♥

I hereby submit:
Exhibit A: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ASq8cRNgIU&feature=youtu.be

The two of them just make each other so happy... My heart is full after editing this... I hope you all will like it! Two more weeks everyone! ♥ Hang on for better times ahead!

• Like 16

The fact that we dint get a preview cemented the news the infamous time leap is happening.I really hope that those doze of pills are not a foreshadowing or anything... [all the discussions here is making me worried :(...] And that was the last scene from the episode too right. I remember  at the end instead of the preview we get some still image closeups.. The last one was of deok sun's and the second last one belonged to taek..=/.. Don't know if this was done for any specific  reason.

• Like 4

I think DS-TK relationship is quite mirrored with TK APA and SW Omma's relationship;) they're always looking out with each other and caring for each other. I think they're bringing out the best in each other. At the start of the series, TK and dad are just too quiet so one would think that they are cold. However, after interacting and caring with DS and SW omma, both TK and his dad became the most humane, strong, dependable and the nicest lot in that alley;) Also for DS's arch as a character at first she is just the whiny middle child, the happy go lucky and too fast to fall in love girl but with TK we've seen how caring, generous and wonderful girl that she is. We cannot but help root for her and her one true love (whoever he may be);) I just love the scene in Ep 16 when she gave the rest of the fish pastry to TK;) just like SW's omma gave lots of it to TK's dad at the hospital. It is such simple scenes but touches the heart none the same because it's a gesture done out of genuine care;)

• Like 16