Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

OMG @gerimisore muchmuch love to all your artworks  <3:heart: :heart:.If you don't mind me asking are these all digital works? God deok sun's hair to face everything looks gorgeous..that hair though <3..same goes for taek.You are really talented no doubt...!Please keep them coming =]]].

@Meliere Ok ssssh....we'd behave from now on..:blush: ...we are also over hyped and zealed you know..this is the panic talking  lol.

I for one won't be sure until it's an established fact.Also some of our comments are reactions after visiting the other shipper thread and reading a bit of the derogatory comments on taek-ds.Anyway does not matter much though yeah.I can see  where they are coming from.End of the day what we feel would stay with us.No one else can change it.

• Like 6

@st4rdust gurl,I love love love the MV. Every moment was captured and the OST, oh the OST just fits it so well.

I love every scene of TK-DS but the particular scene in that MV that i really love is DS throwing the invisible rope and trying to draw TK into his room while still dancing. Notice the Huge smile on our boy's face. SWOOOONNNNNNNN.

I want a gif specially made for that scene alone. :wub:

@gerimisore omo,omo, i love it. Hahaha. JH looks adorable with his "centre partened" hairstyle. Awww. And of course you did a good job with TK and DS. Hoping to see more of your works.

*goes into a corner to hide* this agasshi doesn't know how to draw or make an MV...huhuhu. :tears:

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, tikhagahara said:

Guys, anybody has the compilation of adult DS n DS hubby scenes? I just rewatched the previous episode and there's a scene where DS asked the hubby about the first snow. Hubby said that DS sent many post cards to the radio and she got rejected by sunwoo. I think only JH knows about DS being rejected by sunwoo. So, is there a chance that TK is the hubby? HiksHiks :(

I do think about this details sometimes but I remembet TK also listens to that radio show very often and very attentive. So, there could be a chance of him knowing about the confession. For the letter, I'm not sure too because we only see JH reading it but TK can still know about DS's crush on SW through the guys. Judging from the way the team adds flashbacks to the wallet incident and JB's game and JH's dad's hospital treatments, I do think that TK will get loads of flashback later :) We learn a lot about TK lately due to flashbacks, so yeah let's just wish the best for our ship ;) 

• Like 12

Guest gerimisore

@nearsea @syaiira thank you so much! <3 you guys are so sweet :')) yes! they're all digital drawings ^^ I drew it today in the middle of doing another project so i'm not sure if that's coming out okay. But your words make me want to draw more <3 I'll surely post something else tomorrow ^^

Once again, thank yoouuuuu~ :heart:

@onlysb1 i suggest we call professor Francis Charles Xavier(professor X) leader of Xmen. He will do a better Job and also give us An in depth to what  DS is thinking. Lol. Park soo ha might just end up falling head over heels for DS and we don't want that,do we? Haha.

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, sartikam said:

@nearsea big no ! I rewatch that scene right now, then i read your comment. Heheh..

her first love is sunwoo because when we heard her voice the scene dating to eat ramyun was running (remember ds makeup like ghost? And wore white shirt) 

Yeah, This was my point: at that time it was summer, it was the summet of DS's crush on SW, and she said that on voiceover when walking side by side with SW. And she was hugely happy, confident and hopefull about SW's feelings.

So, unless the writer insert any scene in the next episodes that desconstruct what was said by DS's then, to me it is stablished that SW's was her first love (just my humble opinion). :)

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Wendy Wang said:

Fish just keep showing up around Taek and Deok Sun...the fishcakes in episode 16...

I feel as if some Junghwan x Deok Sun shippers are really full of themselves, they don't even consider the opinions of Taek x Deok Sun shippers. I mean, the Taek x Deok Sun shippers really see both sides of the story. I think this kind of shows their insecurity on Junghwan being the husband, it's like they're holding on to every thread they have. Even with the last two episodes, some of them are still saying that Taek and Deok Sun's dynamic is like siblings...

I really agree with you... TT

I'm reading this thread everyday and almost every page, even though Im can't catch up lately but I try to read as much as I can. Every time I open this thread, it always heart warming, cheerful, and positive really really love this thread. Even we are in 'taektanic' many of us are very positive about Junghwan, also other character too. But when I saw "some of"Junghwan shipper, I feel like I'm sinking really. No matter how much Taek show his manly side, it mean nothing. There are a lot of negative comments on Taekie which really break my feeling. I do really positive toward Junghwan and like his character a lot and I don't want to have negative thought about him just because some negative comment. I do love Reply1988 even it not concentrate about love line as much as other series but the family part is daebak! Its worth to watch over and over again. I never ever waiting for the kiss scene of JunghwanxDeoksun or even my shipper Taek-Deoksun, it doesn't matter for me. Never ever 100% sure that Taek will be end game even he not I still love this series. The friendship and family story is very beautiful itself no need to focus just about main lead love story. 

I apologize if I make somebody feel upset or making the mood down.

Edited by pspim
  • Like 7

I've seen at the main thread how they don't understand why T gave up. he just need time. He is aware of his just having 17 years. And no matter how confident he is DS is always just like "mother" to him. She first tell him how she doesn't believes he likes girls in the ep. 14, and he is showing to her signals all the time how she is important. C'mon he can't jump on her ;) If he is a little bit jealous and that's ok he would think as any man the planet. Like JH was insecure with the SW case. So T sees DS hugging with JH. Hm : she don't think I'm a man and she shares hugs with JH also. So my hug in China isn't the only one! So tell me guys isn't just normal reason to start being desperate? To think - she doesn't like me.. To think DS must like JH, and JH likes her - I'm just a puppy ;(

Maybe I'm just too tired to make deep analysis, and then I'm just taking things as it comes to me. So, I have some ideas and at the same time I don't (or I'm not able) understand some interpretations that people do. So:

1. To me, why it wasn't showed why DS gave JH's wallet, it is just to state that DS's cruch on JH is over. It isn't important anymore (sorry if I'm being blunt). If it would be a flash back, why will they be so carefull to show that scene that way (only the voices and the camera from a very distant stand pont)? Because in fact they showed already what happened. If everything is meaningfull in this show, why only distant voices and a very open camera taken? Wouldn't it be to show a distance between the two? An absence of urgence and antecipation and frisson? Wasn't to show an absence of romance?  And lastly, if I'm not mistaken, why during the same scene did DS call JH as JP, the same way that she called him before her crush?

2. If after so many experiences in hospital because of his brother, and after that in every episode someone goes to the hospital, JH isn't saying that his dream is to be a doctor, I can't understand why he will in the future become a doctor because of his brother!!! Why has he to be a doctor?

3. If I just look at the story, and the way the writer is telling her story, I will say: SW and JH is over to DS; DS still doesn't know her heart, but it seems that TK is more important to her than what she thinks and that maybe (m.a.y.b.e) she will fall for him. But at this point, any other guy can make her heart fluster. But it seems that we have to take in mind the things that are outside the story in iself. So, to me 60-40 advantage for Taek.

I feel like I have written now a bunch of meaningless things lol Don't take what I wrote serious :) 

• Like 18

@mangachickava Girl, thank you again for your awesome work with the suntaek playlist!! I have a super busy stretch coming up with work. IF you have time, do you want to start with episode 7 and see how far you can get? :heart:

Anyone else wanna help with the playlist? Please tag @mangachickava if interested!!! 

Also, thank you @Phuong Tam Nguyen for translating those important scenes from viet to eng subs. Thank god we are an international ship. Times like these I wish I could read Chinese or Vietnamese, just so I can watch the episodes with subs a few days earlier. :phew:

Finally, I want to share an excerpt from a Pablo Neruda poem, which perfectly captures the recent suntaek heartbreak (side note: omg, I love how the PD edited the end scene to include closeups of DS looking sad-- though Taek is in Shanghai at the time, the scene felt incredibly intimate, as if they are of one heart :tears:):

I love you as the plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way

than this: where I do not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

• Like 16

EP 7:

When DS is Talking to NL about TK not being her secret santa and TK finds out he had her

Shin HyeongWon- Firefly/ Glow Worm

When DS wear gloves by JH, and JH is looking out window and TK is playing baduk

Sharp- After the Play is Over

EP 8:

When DS dances and reels TK in

Lee Sang Eun- Dam Da Di

----side comment

I was re watching ep 7 to get songs, and there is narration by DS at the end of the ep (broken up into two segments)

“We were at the age where we no longer believed in Santa, and were no longer excited by a manitto game. It was an age where we weren’t satisfied by the excitement of a secret present. Palpitations filled us to the brim and made breathing difficult. Embarrassment made us feel like our hearts would burst. We wanted it to be known so badly, but didn’t want to be caught. That fluttering of ’88. We were eighteen.”

“Time flows and leaves behind parting and regret. If you love someone, you need to say it now. You have to say it before the time spent breathlessly living turns into regret. Perhaps the biggest gift left by time is the memory of having loved. So before it’s too late, overcome your embarrassment and confess: ‘To you, the one I love.'”

Now seeing the two narrations read together,  I feel like they are connected and were strategically split up in being said.

• Like 12

16 hours ago, Phuong Tam Nguyen said:

This is a nice point but after DR told JH to move on to the next problem, we didn't see if JH actually moved on or not. On the other hand, we got to see TK take a step back and although he's competitive, I believe when it comes to love and the conflicts between love and friendship, as seen from TK's knowing nod before making that cancellation call, he is sure about what he is doing. So, is TK the one who moves on rather than JH? As seen lately, JH still helped DS stand stably on the bus, hesitated to come to DS when she cried, was reluctant to pass her the coat in TK's room. Does it mean JH still linger on this and not move on yet?

I don't know haha :) This show is full of surprise ^^

I don't know if we should look at it as Taek is moving on but "stepping out" of this love triangle . He's being a bigger person here. JH did the same thing by backing off, but TK seems to let DS find out about JH feelings for her on his own will... *sobs* so proud of mah baby boy.

The problem is I don't know how the writer/PD is going to resolve this thoughrougly and convincingly since the boys are set on the same ground at this point. And from what i've been seeing, the last 6 episodes, JH is on the side side side and not focused at all. So now putting him back on the ride and such will definitely throw some viewers off and seem not to go well with the flow right now.

Am I the only one who's a little concerned about the pace of this love triangle? Don't get me wrong, I love that there's so much progress between our boy and DS. The pace is steady, but we're dealing with this complicated relationship in episode 16. I wonder how they're gonna execute the story and resolve everything in the last 4 episodes. Do they have enough time to deliver everything in 4 episodes? Hopefully they don't cram and pushed everything in such a short amount of time.

if TK is truly backing down and stepping out of this love line, and JH is fully aware of it, I wonder how JH could be able to approach DS. He must feel conflicted, and that kinda puts him in a spot where moving forward or backing down isn't the best choice. The boys totally need a heart-to-heart moment and get it done. I would hate it if their intention was to stretch this to the last minute. 

And as for the husband hunt at this point, i'm not sure why but I just feel like it's 90% TK is the husband without any sharp or insightful analysis behind. It's just how the plot has been moving, that I am so convinced that TK will cross the finish line. Of course, it's not set in stone, and I might fall so hard, but I'm totally enjoying being on this ship so it doesn't even matter. Many other shippers on the other side think they believe JH is the husband because of the plot, and we keep faith in another ending because TK smokes. Let me have a proper LOL to that. I never ever looked at as one of the clues, I mean it does give some hope but it's not something to buy. JH can totally pick up on smoking habit later on, he's only 18 now, so yea.. It's just how story is being told right now can't convince or show me why JH is the husband. And let's not mention TK-DS chemistry is too amazing to serve the purpose of these ridiculous mind games. I'm currently rewatching the show with my bf. We're on episode 6 and let's just say everything has been so one sided that I feel bad for JH. So DS is being wavered by JH later on can't be explained any better than her wanting to be loved and date a boy like her friends. We've all been there seeing our friends with their boyfriends makes us wonder if there's something wrong with us or we're not pretty enough. DS is simply going through that stage and desperately wanting to prove that she is loved and deserves it. 

Gosh, this thread has moved so fast I got so much to back track, i love all your posts so please keep them coming. Now off to read.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, giao_nguyen said:

Am I the only one who's a little concerned about the pace of this love triangle? Don't get me wrong, I love that there's so much progress between our boy and DS. The pace is steady, but we're dealing with this complicated relationship in episode 16. I wonder how they're gonna execute the story and resolve everything in the last 4 episodes. Do they have enough time to deliver everything in 4 episodes? Hopefully they don't cram and pushed everything in such a short amount of time.

If I remember correctly the set of parents of 1997, weren't they once "crosswired"? A liked B, but then B liked and married C, A married B's best friend D, while A and C were best of friends? But then see what we got... they stayed best of friends for a lifetime... Yes, it was shown for comedic effect, but that's the nature of nostalgia, in 20/20 hindsight it's been for the best.

I am not that worried. If anything, I am excited by the prospect of watching how it gets solved. One of the two will marry DS, so their  dynamics are bound to change. Their friendship and  brotherhood should evolve.  With the time jump, come maturity. 

and I think DS would have a clearer idea of who she is

1 hour ago, giao_nguyen said:

Many other shippers on the other side think they believe JH is the husband because of the plot, and we keep faith in another ending because TK smokes. Let me have a proper LOL to that. I never ever looked at as one of the clues, I mean it does give some hope but it's not something to buy. JH can totally pick up on smoking habit later on, he's only 18 now, so yea.. It's just how story is being told right now can't convince or show me why JH is the husband.

I will sound arrogant and delusional but for me -- and if this ship sinks, I'll happily swim the atlantic ocean and get exiled to an island, forced to watch "The Blue Lagoon" ad nausem and chant "banana" --  it's a done deal that Taek's the husband because, like you, it's how the story is being told. and I trust the "text".  Future scenes indeed provide clues, not just the "hard evidence" of (perceived) left-handedness, smoking (add to that, the "let me go out for a smoke". Taek smokes in seclusion), and photo -- I am aware that the other ship can make 'em their own-- but also the little subtle things that goes back to their history.  

For instance, that future scene in episode 8, in which Noeul's coming to visit them to get a ginseng. They talk about how he seems to be getting older and older, and how DS loves taking care of Noeul. Then back to the eighties, in episode 14, when Taek goes to the Sung's to give fruit, we get similar setup: the three of them, Taek, DS, and Noeul, talking about exactly same issue of how Noeul's looking older, and how she takes care of Noeul ("your skin is so dry, put on a lotion!")...

I mean, the show never gave DS/JH similar treatment. I know there are still four episodes left, if there is no extension on the horizon, and these little things could happen with the DS/JH pair. But I doubt it.    

• Like 12

EP 9:

When DS calls TK to come to eat at her house

Min Hae Gyeong- Though You’re Laughing Like a Doll

When Tk is over eating at DS house

Choi Seong Soo- Going together

Flashback of DS doing things for TK

Park Boram-Hyehwadong

TK and DS taking photo

December- I can only give you love

Ep 10:

TK and DS in the car to go get DR from beach

Lee Moon Sae- Red sunset

TK and DS doing the finger snack thing

Park Hakgi- Fragrant Memory (Memories)

TK and DS playing by the beach

Lee Jeong Seok –Memories of Summer

Side note:

So we all know how Lee Moon Sae is DS favorite singer, and she goes to his starry night concert and other new year concert with JH ( so twice)

However, rewatching ep 9 i noticed the ep 10 preview used his song. Then on the car ride over his song was played....all of this foreshadowed the beach scene of TK and DS.

If the concert with JH had the impact of the Beach scene i would be worried about the connection between lee moon sae and them, but with both the snow and beach sequence of TK and DS a distinction is made. 

• Like 11