Forum Software Upgrade! Report any issues here please!

soomp

@Hanyeoun, thank you so much for the hard work.  Many of the bugs of the earlier days have been either fixed or at least working better most of the time.

For example, linking.

One feature that still works poorly is embedding a video. I have tried sometimes more than 10 times and it still does not work.

Calling another Soompier works better, but still need to be improved. Sometimes it freezes, and sometime the whole page freezes after we move to a new page.

Again, thank you for your hard work.

• Like 2

another strange bug @Hanyeoun ~ this came up when one of our posters this morning requested folks not to use cursive font because it was hard to read on mobile. realized that for some strange reason, am seeing it as cursive on mobile but on PC, the same post appears in normal standard type. am giving you an example of two posts:

http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/375411-current-weekend-drama-2015-i-have-a-lover-애인있어요-sat-sun-2155-kst/?do=findComment&comment=19448729

http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/375411-current-weekend-drama-2015-i-have-a-lover-애인있어요-sat-sun-2155-kst/?do=findComment&comment=19448537

one of the posters said she was using comic sans MS. (so on mobile, it shows as cursive but on PC, it shows as comic sans) not sure if it is limited to just this font or others as well. will update if others report this strange bug with other fonts. thanks.

• Like 3

I don't know if this is the right place for posting this,but I am not getting any notification when someone likes any of my post.Also at the notification setting page,I can't toggle the  bar by which I can change this option.It says 'the administrator has disabled this option from being toggled'? =S...What is the reason for this and how can I change this option? Thanks in advance.

-- If the post is not related to this thread,please kindly let me  know where should I make the query.Thanks again.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, nearsea said:

I don't know if this is the right place for posting this,but I am not getting any notification when someone likes any of my post.Also at the notification setting page,I can't toggle the  bar by which I can change this option.It says 'the administrator has disabled this option from being toggled'? =S...What is the reason for this and how can I change this option? Thanks in advance.

-- If the post is not related to this thread,please kindly let me  know where should I make the query.Thanks again.

The issue is fixed. Check your notification settings to confirm the change. :)

On 1/3/2016 at 2:42 PM, ebullient said:

The issue is fixed. Check your notification settings to confirm the change. :)

Actually, I have the opposite experience.

I have gotten notification without any problems until the last couple of days, and now they completely stopped.
Since my notifications settings did not change, I suspect that something that you did does not work properly.

Embedding video has become worst. Much worst. I try sometimes 20 times, and still does not work.

Screen still freezes. And calling someone has become an issue once again.

It feels like we are going back. Things that worked already, have now stopped working.

ooops   - maybe I spoke too soon...!

@ebullient, I did get your notification just now, liking my post....

Thank you...

• Like 2

Hi :)

I used to be able to shorten links without using the 'Link' function. Is it possible to have this back?

For example :

To get  :

CIENT_Co 

Instead of using :

link1_zpspdcqxi5a.jpg

I only needed to erase the front and end parts of the link :

link2_zpsjdy9jwe7.jpg

It's so much easier when I have to post/ to put credits, especially when there are many updates.  

Right now, as soon as I post the link, it will show up the whole post right away, so I can't modify it.

Thank you :) 

Edit.

Also, related to the issue above, can we post the link showing up as link, instead of the whole post?

This : 

https://twitter.com/CIENT_Co/status/681875221242970115

instead of :

I used to be able to get that, just by pressing the space bar at the end of the link.  Now it will be automatically posted as the latter.  I think this is the reason of the two issues.

• Like 1

A couple of bugs that need to be addressed, please....

1.  Even after I post a response, at least part of my response still appears in my "unposted reply" box, as if I have not yet posted it. It happens again and again, and it is very frustrating. Not only that, but then my new material that I really do want to post, disappears.

2. I am trying to edit and save  first page of a thread, and now I cannot 'save' it. The only option showing to me - are "edit" or "cancel"

3. Why is it so difficult to delete quoted material on our not yet posted "reply box?

I hope you can please fix that soon. Thank you.

• Like 3

I am not sure if this is related to the software upgrade or not, but maybe?

Links to specific comments/threads that were carried over from the old forum no longer work.  I'm sure they still did after the big forum move, but now I notice that they are not working anymore.  Is this temporary or fixable?  I know a lot of threads' first posts have many, many links in them, and it would be pretty bad to lose the links.  Not to mention the thread directories.  Eek.

Also, I basically don't get email notifications for PMs anymore.  I get one every once in a while (perhaps one email per 5 or so PMs).  It's been like this for weeks now.  The settings are definitely correct, but the emails are totally erratic.

On 1/13/2016 at 1:03 AM, irilight said:

2. I am trying to edit and save  first page of a thread, and now I cannot 'save' it. The only option showing to me - are "edit" or "cancel"

"Edit" will save.  Was it not like that before?  It did probably say "save" before, didn't it?  Anyway, it does seem silly to edit a post, and then click "edit" to save your edits.  Haha.  It does still work, though.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

not sure who to address this question specifically but of late i noticed that when i signed in to my acc, it doesnt take me to the thread i wanted - rather it indicates that i have no access to soompi or something to that effect! previously when i or you signed in or logged in it takes you to your thread that you specified but lately unless i go again to click soompi & forum that's the only time i can get access again!

please tell me what i'm doing wrong? thank you & much appreciated!

is there any way to have our bookmarked threads page like in the old forum? the activity tab does not work at all by the way after the last few upgrades... it just doesn't load and finally the server gives up and gives an error message.... so have to individually go through each section to find our thread...

On 1/16/2016 at 9:03 PM, ecs707a said:

Links to specific comments/threads that were carried over from the old forum no longer work.  I'm sure they still did after the big forum move, but now I notice that they are not working anymore.  Is this temporary or fixable?  I know a lot of threads' first posts have many, many links in them, and it would be pretty bad to lose the links.  Not to mention the thread directories.  Eek.

This is still a problem.  Old links are still dead.  Is there any progress towards fixing this problem?  Or is it definitely, officially, never going to be fixed?  I see that parts of some of the thread directories have had links updated, but not all, and that certainly doesn't help with all the links pointing to specific posts.  Searching for a thread to fix those links seems totally possible, but searching for a specific post?  Likely to be impossible unless you know exactly what you're looking for.

This did happen with the latest upgrade, did it not?  I know the links worked not too long ago, but now...

I guess I just want to know if I need to fix links, or if there's still some hope that I can be lazy and wait for a fix, lol.  Does anyone have any info?

On 1/16/2016 at 9:03 PM, ecs707a said:

Also, I basically don't get email notifications for PMs anymore.  I get one every once in a while (perhaps one email per 5 or so PMs).  It's been like this for weeks now.  The settings are definitely correct, but the emails are totally erratic.

This seems to be more or less fixed, though!  I think I've gotten all the emails I should have for at least a few days at this point. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think this is a thing that happened with the most recent update, but I'm not sure.  The little notification bar thing that popped up at the bottom of the thread...when you stay on one page for a while, writing a long post or whatever, and someone posts on the same thread since you've refreshed the page, it would say "x new replies" and you could click on it and see them.  So you always knew what was going on on the page you were lurking around in for whatever reason. :)

It doesn't happen anymore.  I have to manually refresh to see if anyone has posted since I started writing or whatever.  Minor, but it annoys me, since I'm usually replying to people and I want to know if there's anything else that needs replying to before I submit (or if someone already posted what I'm about to post or something).

So in case no one else noticed, or if for some reason it's just me that's having this issue...but it's been at least a few weeks since that feature worked for me.  And I know for sure that there have been many times when I should have seen that notification and did not.

Or maybe that's been discontinued?  I hope not.  I'm lazy, but detail-oriented, lol.  I want it back if it's gone.

• Like 2

am unable to change my display picture. is anyone else facing this? keeps saying "unable to upload picture. -200" :(

P.S (edit) ~ have been trying all day to change the image. finally it allowed me to import an image from url but still does not allow me to upload from my computer....

• Like 1