Forum Software Upgrade! Report any issues here please!

soomp

58 minutes ago, Jillia said:

But honestly who had the "glorious" idea to turn the "see what's new in your followed content the easy way" into a "30 steps to make everything complicated"?

The idea was that I follow the threads and I see what's new right away on my dash. Now it feels like I have to make 10 more steps because of the content stream thingy. Was there ever a poll to ask the users if this change was necessary?

The only thing that bugged me was that the thread didn't jump to the last page of the new post. That would've needed some finetuning.

Maybe I come across as very harsh but I really would like to know which admin thought "yeah that's really a nice change. It will make things super easy" when in the end it makes things difficult and therefore this site less enjoyable.

It's true though.

As to the rest of your suggestions about creating a new streamline...that is a bunch of horse hockey!? I keep getting error messages to the point I have given up. This new update is strongly making me reconsider just giving this up! The error code I keep getting is EX1064.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Jillia said:

But honestly who had the "glorious" idea to turn the "see what's new in your followed content the easy way" into a "30 steps to make everything complicated"?

The idea was that I follow the threads and I see what's new right away on my dash. Now it feels like I have to make 10 more steps because of the content stream thingy. Was there ever a poll to ask the users if this change was necessary?

The only thing that bugged me was that the thread didn't jump to the last page of the new post. That would've needed some finetuning.

Maybe I come across as very harsh but I really would like to know which admin thought "yeah that's really a nice change. It will make things super easy" when in the end it makes things difficult and therefore this site less enjoyable.

I now log on once in the morning and once at night for this reason.. It's too complicated for this ahjumma. I have limited my posts and replies because I have to click on every thread to check for new content posted etc. The new system is unresponsive.

• Like 4

Hi all,

Apologies for all the issues you're experiencing. The forum is hosted by a 3rd party service called Invision Power Services (formerly IPB), which was our original forum software.

Any updates and upgrades are done by them, and we don't have any control regarding how they develop the software. This was an important update for us mainly because of the improvements to the post editor, but the other changes came with it.

I'll report the issues people are having with the content streams and the errors / blank pages people are getting, so hopefully we can improve the flow to check on your content.

Thanks for your feedback and your patience! 

-soomp

• Like 7

It seems the forum has gotten up and thrown speed out of the window. Loading pages takes many seconds while I'm used to almost insta-load. Might be my connection but just checking to see if anyone else is experiencing this too.

About the changes: haven't seen any odd things. The only thing that kinda bugs me is the white "Browse | Activity | The Rules"-button. The white selection looks off due to it's enormous size.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Jillia said:

My thoughts exactly panda-emoticon-20.gif That 'dashboard' was so convenient and user friendly. 

@soomp I understand we don't have any control over the "updates" but let them know that losing our followed content page to the activity stream just blows. 

@liddi, Thank you for the instructions for the activity streams. 

• Like 6

thanks @soomp for letting us know but this new update is a real pain. the activity page does not load 99% of the time and so really, the only thing that works is simply going through the index to find the individual thread which is time consuming and if on phone, data consuming as well. the tagging also seems to be bit imperfect. just saw that when I checked the thread, someone had tagged me (it is showing up as blue the old way, without the highlight) but for whatever reason, I didn't get the notification. this is also happening with people liking your post. some of the notifications you get, some you dont... like @thunderman1 shared,the changes are too cumbersome to the point that there seems be significantly less activity in some threads since the update 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Lmangla said:

thanks @soomp for letting us know but this new update is a real pain. the activity page does not load 99% of the time and so really, [...]

The index is being rebuilt. This process happens all the time after a major update requiring a maintenance. This step should be finished by this weekend.

With Invision migrating our database, the platform will face technical issues and it shall be stabilized within a week or two.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Hanyeoun said:

The index is being rebuilt. This process happens all the time after a major update requiring a maintenance. This step should be finished by this weekend.

With Invision migrating our database, the platform will face technical issues and it shall be stabilized within a week or two.

A week or two????? No!!!

I want it all ... and I want it now!  

See, dang smilies don't even work. I was gonna wink ;) at you which required me to type " ;" and ")" which is OK for ;) and :) and :P but not so good for o_O ... or maybe it should be O_o? Nope...and all the other glorious emoticons. We need our emoticons!! The world can't continue without emoticons. The word is even Oxford Dictionaries word of the year for 2015!

(I do hope you realize this rant is tongue in cheek ... which also needs an emoticon, but I'm not graphically endowed. :))

But I do echo what everyone else was saying ... things were so much easier before this change. I do, however, want to acknowledge and thank you for your hard work!

• Like 2

Hellloo! I've reported the site slowness as well as asking if it's possible to restore the view where you can just view all the threads you are following instead of the heavy activity stream and related issues (not sure if they'll be able to do it, but I had to ask!)

As for the emoticons, are there specific ones missing? Do you guys just want all sorts of random emoticons? This is something we can do, why not? :blush: :grimace::cookie:

Are these too big? or fun?

56623607cb06c_ScreenShot2015-12-04at4.5556623626a0a68_ScreenShot2015-12-04at4.55

• Like 6

13 hours ago, soomp said:

Hellloo! I've reported the site slowness as well as asking if it's possible to restore the view where you can just view all the threads you are following instead of the heavy activity stream and related issues (not sure if they'll be able to do it, but I had to ask!)

As for the emoticons, are there specific ones missing? Do you guys just want all sorts of random emoticons? This is something we can do, why not? 

Are these too big? or fun?

It's not that they're missing, I can't post them. I click on the smilie up on the task bar I blank code screen. I have no time this morning, but later on I'll try again and if I can't, I'll take a screenshot and post it to show you what's happening. I've cleared cookies, but I'll also restart my computer and see if that helps. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, evie7 said:

@soomp, Thanks for asking if we can get our followed content page backheart-skype-smiley.gif. I realize we may not but just thanks for asking. Those emoticons look like fun. 

@evie7 If that doesn't work, I found that "Contents I Follow" now works, showing every page we follow, but also all the posts that go into each thread, sorted from latest. My current workaround to just display the followed threads, not the posts, is as follows:

1. Go to Activity -> My Activity Streams -> Content I Follow

2. Click "Edit this stream"

3. Set "Show me" section to "Content items only"

4. Click on "Save as new stream"

5. Enter new stream title e.g. "Followed Contents - Threads"

6. Click on "Create New Stream"

To access it, Go to "My Activity Streams" and search for your newly created stream under "Custom Streams"

It will show all our followed threads, without details of the posts, sorted by date, from latest to earliest.

Hope this helps.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

not sure if this is the place to post... is there an official bugs thread? @Hanyeoun and other admins: with the recent upgrade, there is an issue on phone. so there is a black band on top of the page with tabs: soompi, news, forums, viki tv on left hand side and on right side, there is +, create, notifications, message, profile. so on my phone, the black band covers all the tabs on the right side that I can't see any notifications, messages etc and neither can I log out. but I can see the left hand tabs on the black band.

20 hours ago, Lmangla said:

not sure if this is the place to post... is there an official bugs thread? @Hanyeoun and other admins: with the recent upgrade, there is an issue on phone. so there is a black band on top of the page with tabs: soompi, news, forums, viki tv on left hand side and on right side, there is +, create, notifications, message, profile. so on my phone, the black band covers all the tabs on the right side that I can't see any notifications, messages etc and neither can I log out. but I can see the left hand tabs on the black band.

The layout has been fixed. Please check again if you run into any other issues.

• Like 4

I have been having problem logging into soompi from chrome on my pc for a few days. @soomp ithought the problem will go away after a while but it didnt. As it is iam typing on my mobile now.

When i am at the forums, i click sign in and i will be redirected to the page to edit my profile. If i click the soompi home page, i am reflected as logged in but from there if i click the forums again, i am not signed in. And so the loop goes on. 

I even try clearing my cache n cookies but it doesnt work.

I appreciate that soompi is trying to improve on many things but pls dun fix anything that is not broken, so many people hv this login problem now and we want the forum to be vibrant with commentators but its so frustrating to use now.

When i quote someone's msg on mobile to reply, and if i change my mind and dont send it, i cant remove that person's name.

Its the same thing with emoticons, if i accidentally click more than onr or the wrong expression, i cant delete it on my mobile.

Pls fix all these bugs. Thks

• Like 3

• Guest unpinned this topic
  • gm4queen locked this topic