Forum Software Upgrade! Report any issues here please!

soomp

1 hour ago, CamelKnight said:

@ecs707a and @evie7 I'd advise you to type faster so nobody can reply in the meantime :D 

To be honest though, eventhough I type long stuff from time to time, I've not even noticed the option. It's possible it has been disabled in the new update. @ebullient do you know of this option?

1 hour ago, ebullient said:

I do not know of the option. Apologies!

I'm glad you chimed in, @evie7! Otherwise I would feel like a crazy person, haha.  It did exist!  But it's been weeks or possibly even a couple of months since it worked.  I wonder what happened.

• Like 2

@ecs707a We are not crazy or should I rephrase it, You are not crazy. I remember that it was one of features I liked when we moved to the new host. It has been a while since it worked. I didn't notice at first since I'm always backreading threads these days.

@CamelKnight and @ebullient Thanks for you quick response:wub: and for all you do for us. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CamelKnight said:

@ecs707a @evie7 @jadecloud It's the small features that are often useful and even more often missed when gone :)

I'll have a look into it and see if I can come up with an answer for you guys/gals/mix of both :D 

In the meantime: no worries evie7! We're here to help!

@CamelKnight ohhhh are you going to be our 'knight' in shining armor? would you really wave your magical 'excalibur' for us all? That'd be awesome. Thanks for trying. Even if it(the feature) couldn't be revived for whatever reason, am grateful that you've tried looking into it. :grin:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jadecloud said:

@CamelKnight ohhhh are you going to be our 'knight' in shining armor? would you really wave your magical 'excalibur' for us all? That'd be awesome. Thanks for trying. Even if it(the feature) couldn't be revived for whatever reason, am grateful that you've tried looking into it. :grin:

Thank you I'm grateful for your checking and just ecstatic that we have our own Tech Mod. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure what happened with the upgrade, but soompi basically kills my Firefox and Chrome soon after I log into the forums. The site just hangs and I keep getting script errors. I can't access other websites until I close soompi. I've tried to disable/stop scripts and whatnot but nothing works. Is there a fix for this?

• Like 2

@jadecloud @evie7 Happy to help and happy to be your Tech Mod! :)

@Aziraphale This is most likely a problem related to your computer. I'm running Chrome myself and don't experience problems. Besides that, this is the first I've seen this error being reported.
Can you first try refreshing your browser with CTRL+F5? It will retrieve the entire website from our server instead of looking at locally stored cache. If that doesn't help, try deleting your cookies and cache/history. If that still fails, can you try Microsoft's Edge or Internet Explorer to see if that works?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

This is most likely a problem related to your computer. I'm running Chrome myself and don't experience problems. Besides that, this is the first I've seen this error being reported.
Can you first try refreshing your browser with CTRL+F5? It will retrieve the entire website from our server instead of looking at locally stored cache. If that doesn't help, try deleting your cookies and cache/history. If that still fails, can you try Microsoft's Edge or Internet Explorer to see if that works?

Okay, I just deleted the cookies on Firefox. it's still very slow and unstable but is not crashing for now. It just hangs and I have to wait until it stops hanging to access other sites. Also, I use a Mac and don't intend to install Edge or IE.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Aziraphale said:

don't intend to install Edge or IE

Neither would I :D but it might be browser related, that's why I asked. As deleting cookies did seem to help some, it seems indeed browser related.

Considering you're a Mac user, it's unlikely you're running an antivirusprogram. If you do however, try disabling it for a moment, get on Youtube (less likely to attract viruses) and enable it again.

Have you removed cache and history too? In Chrome you can find it under Settings -> Advanced -> Privacy.

Reinstalling Chrome/Firefox would only help if you would also remove all your settings, but that would mean removing favorites as well and I doubt you'll do that :) It's an option to consider though.

Another option to try though, is to disable any extentions/plugins you're using in your browser. They may conflict with certain aspects of Soompi and turning them off might solve it. You can either try turning them on again to see if the problem remains solved or reinstall the extention/plugin.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

every few months, soompi stops working because there are some script errors. it is so frustrating. for the last few days, have been having this problem, if I log out of firefox and try log in through chrome, I still have trouble posting anything -- it all becomes one long paragraph and will not allow me to use the enter key and just hangs.... :crazy:

• 4 months later...

did something happen with the last upgrade? instead of remaining in the forums pages, soompi automatically takes me to ads pages even though I haven't clicked on anything... and then I have to click back several times to get back to the forum page... scanned my comp and there is no malware or virus. this only happens with soompi site. :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

did something happen with the last upgrade? instead of remaining in the forums pages, soompi automatically takes me to ads pages even though I haven't clicked on anything... and then I have to click back several times to get back to the forum page... scanned my comp and there is no malware or virus. this only happens with soompi site. :ph34r:

@Lmangla I encountered the same issue - had to uninstall and reinstall my browser, and likewise scanned my computer for malware or virus but couldn't find anything. :( It just happened over the 2 days for me.

6 hours ago, liddi said:

@Lmangla I encountered the same issue - had to uninstall and reinstall my browser, and likewise scanned my computer for malware or virus but couldn't find anything. :( It just happened over the 2 days for me.

same here @liddi; I figured it wasn't my browser because I switched from mozilla to chrome and it still occurred. sigh! this new platform keeps doing silent updates and then wonky things happen.... wish we could atleast have the old reaction buttons.