Forum Software Upgrade! Report any issues here please!

soomp

@Lmangla I actually love our new platform even though there are features that I miss from the previous one, and my forum experience has been great. I am just glad to know I was not the only one who encountered the issue being redirected to weird pages... so hopefully the root cause will be identified and fixed. Meanwhile, I will continue to scan my computer daily just to be sure :sweatingbullets:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, lclarakl said:

Why can't I see my activity history? Also, why can't I search for a drama--that is still airing. 

This is a known problem after every update requiring a maintenance. If the history cannot be shown, it means the forums are re-indexing everything and the issue will be resolved after a few days.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, evie7 said:

I've noticed that too

@Hanyeoun   @CamelKnight  Is there any feed back from IT, to tell us when Soompi will be running w/out these glitches?

Hmm it seems to be working a bit dodgy indeed. For me, it showed 2 notifications while one was one I already read. The other one was this one. @Hanyeoun knows the answer. I feel it in my gut :P 

@liddi yup, you're right. We do want the rest of them back too. I can't stand not seeing :D anymore! It's one of the few emojis I know how to type. Other than :) and :P which is also not working.

• Like 2

Sorry for the late reply!

The forums are still being worked on but there is little we can do from our end because the fix mainly comes from our third party forum provider.

Our developers are currently investigating reported issues and a support ticket has been sent to IPS so fingers crossed!

There is data storage that is not functional and it shall be restored within this week hopefully. This could explain why emoticons are broken.

There is no ETA for the time being.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed this, and I don't know how long it's been like that, but tags aren't/weren't working for certain threads.  I had clicked on the name of someone tagged on a thread out of curiosity, knowing that I had also tagged that person in another thread and wondering which other threads would show up, and my thread wasn't there.  Tag showed up at the top of the page of the thread like it should, but when you click through, the thread doesn't show up in the list of search results.

Anyway, it was an easy fix.  I just edited the first post without actually changing anything, and then the tags started working again.  Just in case anyone wanted to know it was a problem or how to fix it :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Lmangla

We are aware of some issues that have arisen after the maintenance on the site. Limited font colours is one of them. We have raised a support ticket and hopefully these issues will be fixed soon. 

Thanks for your patience and do let us know if you find anything else amiss :) 

• Like 2

After maintenance the other day, the BAR on the top of the post section is different and there is no ability to use emoticons.  For reference, my BAR looks like this now.

Soompibar_zpsklglwyum.jpg

The smiley face button only italicizes text.  And the Smiley Button used to be more in the middle of the BAR along with other differences.  

• Like 2

@pixelsticks it seems some people are experiencing these problems while others aren't. We're currently investigating the source of the problem and trying to kill it with lullaby's. Should that not help, we'll try to bribe a software developer with chocolate and snuggles.

//Edit// Apparently the lullaby's worked. Try refreshing your browser with CTRL+F5 and see if that works :) 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

@pixelsticks it seems some people are experiencing these problems while others aren't. We're currently investigating the source of the problem and trying to kill it with lullaby's. Should that not help, we'll try to bribe a software developer with chocolate and snuggles.

//Edit// Apparently the lullaby's worked. Try refreshing your browser with CTRL+F5 and see if that works :) 

Twinkle Twinkle little star!  Yay!!  Thank you!!!  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I recently upgraded my computer and so ran into the spellchecker. Isn't this too aggressive? I mean if I want to make a word funny, the darn spellchecker fights me over and over. Sometimes I can beat it into submission but other times, I have to break up the world or just grind  my teeth. Korean names are fun too. Can't it call it quits after the second time? The only time you can get away with spelling "wrong" if the word is so crazy it doesn't match the spell checkers parameters   Bigamhitser for instance.

I realize that nothing will change, but I just had to vent.

• Like 1