[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

I'm guessing they edited out some parts of the forced kiss in the SBS version to make the scene look less violent and to prevent the viewers from turning cold over otp's relationship. International one was surely more intense, but much more saddening as well. How can you fall in love with someone in a situation like this.. I'm waiting for Ws to talk about his history and his upbringing to Hs so she can be clued into why he's the way he is. 

Btw it's raining cats and dogs where I live. Ws's rain ritual worked miracles here as well ^___^

• Like 7

After I thought about it, Hae Soo's reaction is completely normal. Remember that everything she did to become friends with So was before her 'vision'. All her kind words and promise to him (that she'll not going to change her perspective about him) all happened before.

She didn't know anything about him, and yeahh actually based on So's past we can call him a murderer for sure :(

She was going to the garden at night with horrible feeling, wanted some fresh air alone and there was So right behind him whom now she thought as murderer. And then the backhug.....hmm....let's think if a girl being backhugged by someone who is murderer, of course the girl will freak out. But all of the words she said I assumed was the result of mixed feeling (panic, terrified, but need to say something in order to prevent the tragedy) 

I see how So's really disappointed and it's so sad :''( 

But i think their relationship will gonna be okay in the next episode

Ahhhhh can't wait 

• Like 12

Can't stop listening to this song...  music-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

I haven't fully processed what happened in episode 9 yet. BUT I'm not disappointed in Hae Soo. She has not regressed but is digesting her new revelations in the only way she can. This is all part of the natural progression of their love line. She was blissfully ignorant of Wang So's future role as Gwangjong in the beginning but at some stage this rather large obstacle has to be dealt with. Might as well do it now. My only regret is her brush off of Wang So's feelings. She really hurt him when she backed away in fear.. but Wang So has declared her HIS. He will not let her get away. He will show her the depth of his love and she in turn will reciprocate those feelings eventually.

I have complete faith in writer-nim. Just not the editing team.. why the heck are there two different versions of that kiss?? The international one is much better. SMH head-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

Lyrics to the song because I'm just obsessed by it: 

Can You Hear My Heart 

Are you listening?
My voice, the confess to you

Are you listening now?
Can you hear my heart?

Like a dropping raindrop on the window
My mind is getting stained by you

i need u i need u i i miss u

I saved my words for forgetting you
And I thought I erased you
But I’m saying about you again
Trying to forget
And also trying to forget I tried to forget you
If I can then I can say ‘I erase you’

you gotta give me time, 
I ain’t perfect
but I’m tryin’ to 
erase you perfectly.

If I treid to take it back, it’s too far
But when I look back, You’re always over my shoulder

I know

I won’t be able to erase
Because those memories are too perfect to me
But I try again

Leaving love is harder than falling love
you make me live and die again

I’m not alive without you.
I’m not alive without you.

You know I’d die without you.

Don’t forget

Are you listening?

Are you listening now?
Can you hear my heart?

Heavy rain is coming which likes a shower in the middle of summer night
I think the shower of memory will come again
I think you need a umbrella
I’m worried so much

I can see over the window
Some frivolous lights of cars to go somewhere in a hurry
You maybe know my destination even without asking

Your everything that I could touch
Thoese are spread and I can’t see because of tears

In retrospect I’m at a standstill
Because always I have a heavy heart
My farewell has slow steps

If I can’t take everything back
Bring in reality can be one of ways

But I’m standing here
I’m still standing here

Are you listening?

Are you listening now?
Can you hear my heart?

Don’t forget me ever. 
Never ever
Don’t forget me ever. 
Never ever

Never ever girl

Don’t forget me ever. 
Never ever
Don’t forget me ever. 
Never ever

Me

0MEIng9.jpg

• Like 18

11 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

No, don't be sorry. Actually the book ends up with tragic ending (cmiiw). But I'm praying for a different ending this time. The C vers already took that anyway. And you're not wrong from think WS is a little psychotic either for killing his horse (eventhough they did that maybe to simbolized him saying goodbye to the Kangs). Now, what will a girl like HS do when she put this, all the things she heard from CR, and the premonition, together beside being afraid and dead sure WS will be a ruthless King? We all now just have to be a little bit patience and let the story fall out. No good in rushing it. We can't always get what we want anyway. Just ask Wook. Hahaha.

About the bold ones, you and me both, baby. But me majorly because of dark and handsome Wook. 

Me too, praying that this version will have different ending. Maybe with slight Faith's touch? For example Hae Soo finding a portal to be able to go back to Goryeo (if she ended up dead and being transported back to the future), LOL, tho I doubt that will actually happen.

As much as I want the ending to be different from the C-Ver, I don't see it happening. As the story progress, it is getting darker and darker. But that is why I am loving this drama. I started watching for Lee Junki and ended up intrigued and engaged with the plot, despite bumpy road in earlier episodes. I think I am willing to let myself being swept away with whatever direction the writer planned, tragic or not.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, magdale said:

So there's no creepy visions in C-version and Ruoxi doesn't fear 4th prince  whaaat1 onion head  I wonder what is the idea of making Wang So a murdered in front of her eyes; seriously why is so hard for these two be together, and worse she is in love with another. The one from yesterday episode was better and well executed, but the one from today seems an attempt to make things harder between them. 

In the cversion she was more cautious of him since she knows he's going to be the king so she tried to make sure she survives around him so she learns his likes and dislikes and tries to not not go head to head with him since she knows who he will be. In this one she fears him cause she knows that he can kill with no mercy. In history it did mention that he killed his brothers but probably not all since she doesn't remember all the history herself. She might get her history confused. So to me she doesn't fear him but more of the monster he can become in order to kill. 

I'm wondering is YH going to team up with evil Queen in order to secure her position as queen since she figures that WS has a chance of being king? Cause in the preview when she arrive to meet the evil queen her face look like she has some evil plain in mind all smiling and stuff :persevere: will she join forces with YH or will she use YH as one of her puppets too 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Gitakawaii said:

I have a question about the WS in the C-version? Which WS is more aggressive? The Korean one or the Chinese one? Whether it being getting the throne or Haesoo ?

More than aggressive, in the c version the 4th prince is ruthless... Come what may, he will achieve his goal... Sad part is even though he started to aim for the throne, In order to protect his loved ones, at the end of the day, he had only the throne with him...

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Gitakawaii said:

I have a question about the WS in the C-version? Which WS is more aggressive? The Korean one or the Chinese one? Whether it being getting the throne or Haesoo ?

Spoiler

C version 4th wasn't so isolated or tortured. He had a loving mother, a father and had a family and diligently worked hard to be in the kings favor. He was clever and crafty but not reckless and emotional. Wang So is definitely more aggressive compared to him. Their background contributes to that. Both were cruel but C version 4th would rather not shed blood if not absolutely necessary but Wang So is more like a killing machine by what I see here.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Gitakawaii said:

4th in Cdrama is more plotting and calculating kind of guy whether in romance or throne fight so for now WS is more aggressive in term of HS but i don't see him wanting the throne yet.. but all around WS is more aggressive.. 

• Like 10

Good thing about this episode is

1) so got what he longed all along.

2) su gets to know so feelings though the way it expressed is bad.

The more they make su pitier I wonder whether they are trying to convince the audience when ( if )he kills his brothers that he had enough...

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Gitakawaii said:

I would say just IMO, the Korean one but that'st just my IMO. As for HaeSoo, I think her fear is understandable given how much she is aware of the future king Gwangjong and what he is known. And it's harder in that sense that because she is fond of most of the prince that she forewarned Wook that So shouldn't be king because it would result on all the prince downfall and withdraw from So.

I do believe in the upcoming episode, she will put her mindset in trying to change the future. She gave Wook warning (in way to change the future to prevent So from becoming king when really, that has a different affect just like in the C-version). And I think she will try to make effort in trying to change So as well (in hope that he won't become his future) thus will eventually lead her to falling for him since her slip of tongue literally will jeopardize her relationship with Wook (if he is to act upon it and stab So in the back with betrayal and deceit).

• Like 8

@littleloony those visions are the moments that can make someone crazy even if its good sweet one, and HS having bad or bloody ones.

I myself had a time when I used ti have flashes related to one specific person and all of those used to happen the very next day in exact same manner (only context used to be missing) initially I  got worried seeing those moments happening and tried to discard them thinking some random thoughts or day dreaming but it kept on happening. One fine day I did google researched and found so much abt it, the connection between that caused these flashs. How both the sender  and receiver have to be on same soul level mental frequency  end and receive those. After reading so much I thought him to be a soul mate and expected a good frndship..

but not sure why all visions did not help in keeping that frndship alive and its all of no use.

So my story apart I can having flashes is not at all an easy thing to get over with.. it keeps on repeating in ur head cause it just pops up when there is nothing related happening around in real... so incan understand and feel what all poor HS is going through. . 

@sarasonalol glasses can surely make the things worse for you. I have tl ask then how do you manage to watch the scenes if on laptop sitting in front of ur parents ?

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, fuyukoneko said:

Totally agree with your view of him and hope that we get to see more of this side of him. In the earlier episodes, he said he was raised by an insane woman who would lock him up for 3-4 days without food and water as a child. I would expect him to be less well adjusted.

Unrelated, I'm used to watching Chinese period dramas where the first half is always very light hearted and you grow to love the characters and then the second half is extremely tragic with situations spiraling out of control and the only choice the characters can make is the less bad one. Is this true for Korean historical dramas as well? 

Wang So survived despite the ordeals he faced. That shows what kind of person he is. Smart, bold, and will take whatever measures to ensure his survival. He is truly born to be a king. But what kind of king he will become is remain to be seen (Cruel and violent like what Hae Soo saw, or the one we knew from the history).

I have no idea what the writer intended to do, but we all can sense that this drama is getting darker as the story progresses. I am afraid we will get similar vibe just like in C-Ver.

• Like 10

i just don't understand how Hae Soo and Wang So will get together... it looks hopeless for me.

for Wook, it seems he will make mistake by holding hands with Yo.

and Yeonhwa seems to also hold hands with Yo and empress Yoo, but in different sense than Wook. 

by looking at the next episode trailer

• Like 10

1 minute ago, liddi said:

The edited SBS version subs for Ep8 are now complete, with much gratitude and thanks to the marvellous fan translations by @ruizaio, @wordsmyth0253 and 4seasonswithIU, without whom we would be missing out on so much. For those who are interested, please drop me a PM. Thank you!

PM me please

TQ dear!!!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, violet90 said:

on a lighter note...

i think WS and HS will make a great couple in term of kissing and skinship.. i just can imagine how WS behave around HS if that girl became his lover.. the way the kiss happen is not great at all but the kiss?? that a deep mouth kiss not just a press lip kiss.. they both know what the doing... especially WS i mean he seem inexperience one but holly that guy that know what he doing.. lol

i sound like a pervy but its the first time that i actually satisfied with a kiss scene... LOL

Haha. after "the time between wolf and dog" I dont think lee jun ki showed his skill in kissing or director didnt do justice. But hope he gets to show his kissing skill here well and good ;)

• Like 13

17 minutes ago, valsava said:

Oh My Die Hard Romantic @rumasa79  Kudos I'm agreeing with you that there will be a huge change in her feels for Ws the visual of seeing him being poisoned will cause her to change her heart afterwards they have that quite outting with someone either trying to kill him or her either way WS protects the both of them if this is so I'm hoping then she will understand his need to kill if not they will kill him who she will know is her one true protector.. It's going to be WS that saves her from being tortured after she is framed and hoping that WW once again weighing his options if he should jump in maybe this is when he ask the King for her hand in marriage.. LOL  If the King agrees were not royally doomed more like royally screwed..

@violet90  But in one sense it burns me up to see that she still lingers to the so called feelings she has for WW but each time a prince or the princess is doing something to her he never jumps in to defend her.. Him also telling her she's his but he has to make choices and whats more important to him and his family not once are those feelings of her are included in his plans nor her for that matters.. So hoping at some point real soon the writer will point it out for her to realize..

@solelylurking  I watch daily's I'm always disappointed with the ending so I'm use to it especially all the torture and angst that the leads go through for about 110 episodes only to have forgiveness BS in the end nobody going to jail or getting punished for what they have done to cause people such misery in life..  If Ws turns psycho it's all those wolves that causing this effect on him.. I really believe WW is more psyscho then them all being he will never accept WS coming in and taking over places which he thinks that's rightfully his.. Ws taking HS from him he's going to feel like a kid with his favorite toy and his friend took it and he can't get it back.. His tantrums are going to explode in ways we don't see coming being him going to the darkside and all..

I already said from eps 1 that Wook is much darker than WS but only a few believe me. But I'm not at the same page with you with him being like a kid with his toy stolen. That guy truely love HS, from my point of view. What's wrong to want taking back someone you love still and once belong to you? Although he clearly will fail, I love him for trying. Let him be turn all dark and black like Darth Vadder. I think it will make it more interesting too story wise. 

I'm actually ok with tragic ending like Woobin's drama (it makes no sense if he suddenly cured and heal) but not this one. WS life is already tragic, let him has a happy ending even if it means killing of his mother and one or two his brothers (like Yo and his follower guy - sorry I can t remember his name). So it kinda balance off the scale. But absolutely no to tragic ending where HS dies and leave WS broken hearted for life like the C vers. Like I said, it's already taken. Show me something new and come up with something different, prod team.

• Like 12