[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Finally finished watching RAW. And all my inputs below are just by watching the scene... after watching the subbed one i'll be back with more...

Its the most beautiful epi so far and we got lil more of Jun Ki (ok much more but still my greedy heart wants more of him on screen laugh cute pink cat). All those So2 moments were Adorable beyond words. I cant describe how much i was smiling with ear to ear grin watching that hill top scene...awww WS was so damn cute there. There best part was his smile at the end of their walk together being amused with HSs way of handling that basket and then moment of self realization, like he is snapping out of dream and thinking Gosh...I am smiling looking at her hows that possible. in love pink cat

That forest scene... HS hugging WJ and you see how WS reacts instantly and his expression were of disbelief.

HS banging on LJK chest wall..lol... that whole scene was another cute and lovely one.

And finally the Snow Fall scene...their mere presence and WS staring at HS can sizzle the screen this much I dont know what will happen when they really fall in love and do some lovey dovey scenes shy pink cat (i dint understand much here so need to get the subs to analyze it more).

Why I love saeguks...they make Love stories reach hearts without showing skinship, kisses and while doing so they develop the bond that digs deep into OTPs heart and we can feel their hearts beating together

Now come to WW... this guy broke my heart in picese today. All those I-Love-Her-But-Just-Cant-Be-Her moments, his angst, pain was heart breaking. Last week I cried for WS and today WS and WW both made me cry...

So this is all about being all happy and satisfied with the episode...now one question about the Timing Defying Fighting in Forest...

HS saw WJ then followed him and asked CR to get help from home. WS sees HS and surprised to see her running (I am expecting him to run after her). CR reaches home and informs WW to save HS. And the WW goes and helps WJ-HS and then comes WS.

So WW has to take more time then WS to come to rescuse cause it includes CR's time to reach home, while WS was there in th e market and being on horse he should reach on the spot much before than WW (keeping in mind CR was running)

Anyone can help me in understanding the scenario confused pink cator should I accept it being exception for giving on jealous WS moment...smile pink cat

• Like 14

14 minutes ago, Irisz said:

Yes, but after seeing that look from both, it's obvious that they've left that story line in it, don't you think so?  

I thought the same...these 2 mst have something going on...how come CR looks at him and his reaction of being uneasy with the looks does say something...

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

Yes, it's indeed will be a faithful kind of love. Wook will never love anyone but Soo. In a way, if given chance, I agree it would be super warm and romantic even hot as hell. Wook is a very romantic and caring man if he wants to. Look at the way he treated his wife. He doesn't even love her (his wife admitted it). With Soo that kind of care would be triple. He would be the kind of guy who call 100 times a day and skipped lunch just to see you, shower you with flowers, making you dinner,  talk to you and watched you sleep. 

But it would be an obsessive possesive chaining kind of love. That kind of love was maddening. Not everybody can handle huge feeling like that. No surprise he was shaking in anger and fear on the way home after the fight. He was angry because 14th and worried to death of the chirpful girl behind her. He was so mad he ditched Soo but come back because Soo said she was hurt. He knew it was a lie but come back anyway. He can't help it. From this moment on that girl is the only light he wants to see in his life. 

And it's just the beginning. They don't have a love relationship here. Imagine when they are in one. Imagine further down the eps. 

It. Would. Be. Crazy.

omg, you explained it well! and actually i want to see this! i love this kind of relationship. it's intriguing. XD i need fanfictions! 

WW is definitely possessive. his face was kind of angry when 14th prince Jung showed sign of interest in HS. i was afraid that WW was going to say something to WJ, but WJ is not WS. WW can't be that reckless. at least not yet. but when HS start to slip out of his grip, then i bet WW will start to be reckless to have HS. the more he can't have her, the more reckless he will become to have her.

• Like 14

hi guys..ok ıts hard to talk without eng sub but I liked this episode. first 15 min was amazing. LJS killed it. his acting is beyond everything. Others are also acting good but maybe bc of him public find their acting average. he is like the one determining the level.

I really feel bad for Wang So...cant get her mother's reasons. don't know in this episode ıf they are giving some hint about the reason of her actions but anything can be a good reason for a mother ignoring her son while she is acting so good to other sons...ıts not even about behaviours. she abandon him and gave him to another family as a hostage. same for the king. what is their problem with him?. WS is so pitiful. really sorry for him. but happy that he will find the happiness with Seo Hoo.

I don't think WS and HS love story developing so fast but I know no one expect a guy like him shows his feelings that fast. we used to see cool guys acting hard to get in every drama but this is more realistic! it shows he is a normal guy who just thirsty for some sympathy and beautiful things in his life. and of course he is reacting easily when he see one. :rolleyes: 

about the drama, one thing that disturbing me... close-shot filmings! you probably noticed, drama is filming mostly in close shots, especially with front or side focus on faces..I'm watching it in a big screen and when director suddenly focusing on faces, ıt looks scary. :lol: they rarely do this but this director like to focus on faces in a close distance.

and about Wang Wook, I also feel bad for him. he is in a dilemma ıts not easy to get out. his own promise to care of the wife and his new feelings to that wife's cousin...ıts so hard. I like WS and WW brothership. they are the only mature side in that family. I hope they won't turn against each other bc of her. but possibly it will happen. love triangle. and the 14th prince also getting in. this is gonna be so complicated for a few more episode. 4, 8, 10, 14... at least 3th and his sticky, slimy brother is not getting into this mess. stay away! ıts enough crowded right now! :blink: :lol:

• Like 18

Just got done watching ep 4. Was bawling my eyes out at first... and now I'm just mad that even in the Director's Cut, they had left out a scene that connects with Soo's line about not having any more nightmares if possible.

Spoiler

Lurking on DC Inside, I read that before the added stone pile scene, there was another scene in the previously leaked script that explains why So was out there to begin with (he wasn't stalking on Soo or anything... although I wouldn't mind that...). Soo wanted to return the hairpin to him, and approached his room, he was having a nightmare of his childhood when he was a hostage on the wall, so she left, and he noticed her and followed her. Some speculate that So's mention of Mu saving him 15 years ago may have been this incident. Who knows. At any rate, it would have made more sense if they had included this in ep 3... ah well.

MApAcSR.png

Other than that, I totally loved this episode. It explained so much about So's upbringing finally!!! I was literally screaming in joy when the King announced that he may stay in Songak. I just can't wait for the next episode... 

• Like 20

''A mother only recognizes a son who will make her shine

You are my shame, disgrace and flaw.'' 

She's not fit to be called a mother. Even a dog knows how to look after its young better. Shame -  She failed in her attempt to persuade the King not to take another concubine. This was his fault. Disgrace - She lost all respect from the King in that attempt. Flaw - He is a blight upon her holier than thou image, an ugly blemish in her otherwise pristine beauty. She places all the fault for her own failings at his feet and pushes him away like you would a pestilence. I seriously cannot wait for this woman's downfall. She sees no worth in him at all and discards him cruelly  For shame really. He's so much better off without her. But as with all filial ties he places great importance on his with his mother.... But she will never give him validation. 

• Like 18

So in addition to this updated status report, I wanted to really emphasize the meaning of each of the names. 

With 60 votes tallied:

55%: So-Soo - Unique in their own ways, together, they are SO beyond ordinary.

37%: So2 - They are two halves of a whole. Once together, they'll be complete.

8%: S2O - Like water, they will become essential to each other's well-being and happiness.

• Like 12

54 minutes ago, theseasasleep said:

@violet90  @meahri_1  100% agree with your understanding of the romantic developments so far!!!  When the princess asks So if he is in love with Soo, there's no flicker of astonishment/embarrassment/self-consciousness and we all know by now Lee Jun Ki is so good, if it was supposed to be there it would have been. Right now he's not seeing So romantically but he is warmer to her because she treats him like a person, imagine that (seriously, there are so many people in this drama I want to punch)! It really isn't so shocking a development considering how So behaves around his family and they treat him like dirt! In a throwaway line, So basically admits to the astronomer that as a child he was vulnerable to manipulation/being played with by him simply because the astronomer used to come looking for him as a child (probably was one of the few who ever deliberately did so while he still lived in the palace). So is very susceptible to people's kindness as well as their cruelty, so his thaw towards Soo isn't out of left field for me. Of course, at some moment soon, all of his feelings will coalesce into one big ball of "OMG, I think I'm falling in love with her!" but right now, it's just bits and pieces of different feelings that don't make him feel inferior or worthless and that must be a refreshing change for our boy.

I hope the show won't go so far as to have So fall fully in love with Wook. Personally I think it's enough if she's just perilously close to doing so because she can still have lots of warm, conflicted feelings for him without giving us whiplash as So eventually chips his way into her heart. Or maybe that's my general kdrama preference/bias showing, :D. As for the quickness of Wook's feelings, yeah, the depth feels a bit much but I guess his character is suffering from a case of "Too many responsibilities far too young!" That would make someone like So, who he happily points out never burdens him, a breath of fresh air as she cheerfully or determinedly struggles forward. Both guys are/will be attracted to her brightness and spunk, each for different reasons. For the sake of the narrative, I think out of the three, Wook needs to jump on the in-love train the fastest in order to propel the next phase of So's story which will propel the next phase of Soo's story. 

Well said chingu, Wang So is not in love with her yett. He hasn't reached that point yet. Wang So just likes to be around her because she treats him like a human being. She isn't afraid of him even when he threatens to kill her. WHen she was sent to bring him food, all the maids were afraid to approach him but thought Hae Soo would have a better chance because she isn't afraid of him. Another example when she found him destroying those wishing stones, all she cared about that he was injured not the part about him killing people. She thinks of him first and instead of jumping to conclusion she questions him Did you enjoy killing those people? Didn't you do it to survive? 

• Like 11

Random thoughts so far.

I had assumed So had enough of the queen when ep 3 ended. But when ep 4 begun, it seems he wanted affirmation from his mother for covering her tracks, only to have his hopes brutally crushed by her. Definite painful to watch him go through all that.

I am beginning to see Wook in a different light. So is not ambitious, not keen on the throne, he just wants to belong and be loved. His cold and ruthless exterior is a camouflage, a defence shield. Wook, on the other hand, appears nice and friendly, but he is one who knows how to be politically correct. He may have genuinely wanted to be polite to So at the beginning, but it's not out of brotherly love. He is just being diplomatic. Wook was the first to appeal to the king not to remove Mu as the crown prince and Yo had no choice but to pretend to follow when Wook did that. Wook is all about playing Mr Nice guy but he is not necessarily really nice. Not that he is a hypocrite, because he was very frank in telling So nothing belongs to him. Essentially it's showing So "love and kindness" in welcoming him to stay at his residence like family at first, and then turn around and remind So he doesn't belong, when jealousy rears its head. He never really treated So as family but merely at superficial level.

Baek-ah, on the other hand, is more sincere and is not interested in power play or being diplomatic for the sake of it. Together with the fact that he feels Wook could have treated his wife better, and in view of ep 5 where he gets upset that Wook and HS have something going on, I feel these are all reasons he would feel more aligned to So in time to come. So and him are more alike.

Princess YH, I think she does like So, maybe because he is different from the rest? Don't think it's for power, or to get back at So's mum, or she could have chosen Yo?

I found the forest attack scene interesting. The bad guy had no qualms injuring a prince (which is serious business, since his arm was cut off just because he won Jung, so he should know how serious consequences can be if he hacks Jung's arm off. Pretty illogical move I feel), and Jung was defenseless before HS turned up. Wook tried to help but even after all his efforts, they could have all died because the bad guy had backup i.e. No one gives a hoot about these two princes. And then, hey presto, So turned up, and just his presence alone struck fear, even before he drew his sword to wayang (for show). I found that hilarious (even though that was definitely not the reaction the production team would have wanted from us audience) because it was such a slap on the face of those two princes. All their efforts were for naught while So's mere presence sent the bad guys running off.

So is not "in love" with HS yet. At least, he is not aware yet, but it's WIP already. He is intrigued and fascinated by this girl who doesn't fear him and shows him concern, basically behaving in all manners that differ from everything he is used to. But he definitely enjoys provoking her and poking fun at her. He will probably start becoming aware soon...

I was tickled when she was huffing and puffing up the hill and grumbling why he couldn't eat in his room and had to go up the hill to "picnic", making her walk all the way up. The way they care for each other, but yet get on each other's nerves intentionally or unintentionally, are quite entertaining.

• Like 20

2 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Another wonderful Example about Wang So and how different he is around Hae So - more and more.

Spoiler
I guess the other Princes will get a shock if the witness a scene like that :D

thanks for sharing...it proves HS instigates some feelings and recations that are unknown to WS himself...

Edit...forgot to add he is like a small kid angry/annoyed with someone near to him and showing his anger through those cheeks all set to explode..

Edited by akinahana89
  • Like 9

20 minutes ago, louisawatson said:

omg, you explained it well! and actually i want to see this! i love this kind of relationship. it's intriguing. XD i need fanfictions! 

WW is definitely possessive. his face was kind of angry when 14th prince Jung showed sign of interest in HS. i was afraid that WW was going to say something to WJ, but WJ is not WS. WW can't be that reckless. at least not yet. but when HS start to slip out of his gasp, then i bet WW will start to be reckless to have HS. the more he can't have her, the more reckless he will become to have her.

Me too. Hahaha. 

It is the reason I shipped them. Love like that is rare and it's fun to see them on tv played by skillful actor like KHN. I'm also glad they take different route from the C vers in this. I hope they make a different route to So-Soo dinamic too. 

Wook's world is doomed the moment that feeling hit him. In my view, throne is just an excess present beside Soo. No matter what he have to get the girl. 

• Like 13

IF WW and Haesoo are OTP in this drama we will get the most sweetest couple you can even imagine.. WW is a truly gentlemen at his finest.. with the prince or his wife but Haesoo is someone that he truly love for the first time and last too.. he would do anything for her i don't know what went wrong but maybe WW get so obsess about the throne and Haesoo can't stand that because she have to make sure WS became a king cause she cannot change the history no matter what so she have to be on WS side.. its just unfortunate event that WW fell in love with a girl that her fate with another men.. poor guy... :(

i don't think that WS will think Haesoo as his friend in future.. he already show interest and it will only get worse later in the drama.. as far as i remember in cdrama 4th prince not really in picture when 8th and Ruoxi have romantic relationship.. but here i don't know what writer nim intended to do but can't wait.. maybe its going to be an open war battle for Haesoo heart as same as the throne..

• Like 17

6 minutes ago, violet90 said:

IF WW and Haesoo are OTP in this drama we will get the most sweetest couple you can even imagine.. WW is a truly gentlemen at his finest..

sorry to cut your post...and can I chip in to say with my not very much but a bit experience with kdrama all second leads are Gentleman that you can never find in real life, love lead girl more than anyone, has no ego, anger, disrespect towards her. they are best person gal can ever hve, and i myself wonder may time how come she selected male lead when you have such second lead.. but alas thats kdrama funda..

and  thats the reason we have to suffer with second lead syndrome. and it will be here anytime soon...

• Like 13

After watching Episode 4, I am so glad i have not fallen for Wang Wook. He is just as cold and the rest of his brothers. He acts so nice in front of people but inside he is not a good man. Appearance and up bringing means alot to him. I would understand what he said to Wang So towards Hae Soo but why did he have to bring his sister up. It sounded like he was disgusted by Wang So. His response to Wang So was not of a jealous lover but more of a self righteous, arrogant prick. Sometimes being jealous of someone brings out the truth a person is hiding from the world. I am positive none of his family members knows the horror he has suffered at the hand of his mom and his adopted family. 

The KIng is just a HORRIBLE MAN AND FATHER. Because he hate his wife , he chooses to hate the child that was hurt. It should have been the other way around. But now i get why everyone hates Wang So it is because he refuses to die. If he died they could all forget the past and move on. Since he is still alive wiht that Scar on his face " it IS THE PERFECT REMINDER OF THE TIME HIS WIFE COMPLETELY LOST IT AND PROOF THAT THE KING IS DOING A TERRIBLE JOB AS RULER". He such a horrible person for allowing his son to be hostage because of his failure as a king." 

• Like 23