[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

3 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

Yes, definitely there are 2 versions because I heard no rap from SBS. I think SBS will only be fixing osts. Maybe YG is mad, the purpose of his investment was that...to spread the rap in saeguks. :lol:

10th prince is so adorable, i really like his innocent interactions with Haesoo. 8th prince fight was incredible! Claps!!! I will comment about mean mom when I watched the subs...WangSo was really heartbroken...I really liked his laugh in the middle of his cry...he was going insane. It was a really good scene. 

@qwenli I thought I was the only one that thought his feelings for Haesoo are developing fast. I have a feeling that he will be more obsessive than WangSo. Wang So's feelings are normal for me...he is not in love yet...he is only curious of Haesoo, he likes her after her words (but not deep feelings) and they are starting a friendship. I think Wangso hasn't changed, softie Wangso is also a part of him. I like the slow progress between Haesoo and Wang So.  

EDIT: Thank you all of you for the info, live recaps, screenshots, videos! You are the best! :) I loved the Daavichi OST. 

Spread the rap in saeguks is very2 bad idea .. i can't accept this. so annoyed! 

• Like 6

Here are the current standings for the couple name for Wangso/Haesoo. With 53 people voting, here's the breakdown:

So-Soo: 53%

So2: 38%

S2O: 9%

20 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

She looks suitably scared... Shame it didn't last 

@MadraRua Don't let her get away, chingu!!! house-fly-pink-mouse-emoticon.gif

• Like 11

Quickly watched it raw without subs cause I missed it on ONE today. I'm really dying to know whats going on with subs!!! SIGH

But since I watched it without subs, I shall hold back my feels first! All I can say is that I really really love today's episode because of WS's attitude towards HS is changing, you could see how he smiles more around her and it's obvious that he's getting interested in her. 

Shall comment more tomorrow when subs comes out~ Good night~! :D

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, roneddski said:

It's good to have more progress in the relationship between HS-Wang So and HS-Wang Wook, but I felt the jump in today's episode is way too fast, without any transition in between.

Previously, Wang So was so hostile towards HS, forcing her to remember unpleasant things such as the assassination details, and even went as far to make threats on her life. But now HS witnessed a blood-covered Wang So, Wang So told her straight that he had just killed people.. and suddenly she wasn't even scared in the least bit, and she could try to understand or justify the reasons behind his actions or his pain?? And the next moment, she delivers his meal to him and they have a friendly chat freely? :blink: If said, HS has instead learnt about how Wang So was abandoned by his birth mother, or how his adoptive family has treated him, then there may be some sort of transition of emotions. Like being afraid initially --> to being curious --> to sympathetic --> to understanding --> to affection. There isn't any flow for this sudden change of attitude. 

Same goes for Wang Wook. I mean suddenly he got so emotionally worked up that he doesn't wait for HS on the bridge, and he went telling her that he was scared he never see her again? They didn't even have that many private interactions for this relation to blossom so quickly. This was a big contrast compared to Wang Wook's more composed self previously. The love index jumps from 1 to 10 overnight. :o

agree .. i felt same. the jump in today's episode is so obivious. something missing & make me curious. why suddenly he got so emotionally? 

sorry i'm wrong. but, it's like they cut a few scenes from Chinese version. i need to watch Chinese version because their version is longer than Korean/One Asia version.

• Like 7

my OTP moment of the night!!!

1. when Haesoo stop WS from hurting himself.. she did a right thing rather than hugging him she ask him a question and repeat what she said 'its not wrong to live' and she know how hurt WS is.. she actually stop WS ragging and left him to let him mourn by himself.. sometime that what we need.. Haesoo know WS need that time alone..

2. the hill scene.. gosh this scene is beyond cute.. WS clueless face when she attack with 'what happen last night' and he counter back and she ignored him.. his face is totally dumbfounded by her.. LOL

also when she walk back WS face shock when she lift her skirt to walk.. adorable Haesoo but the fact he smile is actually no matter how hard Haesoo carrying that basket she never once speak anything.. she did't want to lose and that amused him.. lol

3.you belong with me scene.. is't me or WS style of talking is cuter with Haesoo.. he just so cute in this scene.. demanding a thank you from Haesoo cause he save her..hahahaha but the funny part is when Haesoo said don't call her as belonging and he smile so he can call her as his person.. i just LOL at this...

4.. the snow scene... yeah if i can put the biggest heart here i would.. this scene is just so beautiful and Haesoo confess what she fell to WS (WW problem) even if WS don't understand it.. WS just smiling seeing Haesoo excited about the star and snow.. She spark something in himself and its not love but i think a friendship.. she is his person in a way that she the only person at this moment treat him right.. 

:heart:

• Like 20

Just now, matchacake said:

Same here, I'm sad that Korean ratings are so low :dissapointed_relieved: but it's ok, I will keep watching and support the drama because it hooked my heart. I feel a little angry at the director and editors for making such a mess with the OSTs and weird closeups and background music, this has a good story but you leave all that stuff in, obviously it spoils the viewing experience a little.

Someone on db compared it to making a good cake but then covering it with icing made of ashes....this is a good drama but that minor stuff really turned a lot of people off :(

The viewers ratings from the very start of ep 1 was very low and then came up high relatively. What I mean is the editing and shooting stuff didn't affect the taste to the extent they switched to another. Its like the trailers and the pre-broadcasting stuff couldn't grab their interest. the bashing K-nets comments may be destroyed any glimpse of hope.

Its not like all hit dramas in Korea don't have bunch of editing and directing mistakes. I agree that the music director is a flop but as far as I know ,may be i'm mistaken, he's the same director of DOTs. I'm neutral to the close ups but have other issues in action scenes, LJG so getting so close to Soo I hate those stuff but is every where is Kdrama. All and all all these issues couldn't ruin my viewing.

• Like 7

Wangso is not already in love with Haesoo, the change in how he behaves with her is because of what happened when he hit the stones and what she said (I haven't watch the episode with subs). There have been two moments in which Wangso has been more vulnerable and Haesoo has been there by chance. I like how it develops the relationship between them, and I think 8th will keep the distance with her because of what he confessed, maybe this is what will make Haesoo and Wangso come close.

• Like 15

27 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

I don't agree that the love connection between WookSoo or So2 is a rushed.  It goes by quickly yes but it's all because the limited eps. But rushed, no. It's still have a pace and it's still logical for me. 

Both never met a girl like Soo in their life before. She is kind of one of a kind. It's natural to be attracted to something new and fun. Soo is new and fun is some way for them. 

In the beginning, both don't like Soo. So is kind of ignoring her but still follow her with his eyes. But Wook first impression with the 'new' Soo was bad because she was talking down to him and he waa worried Soo will troubled his wife. 

But Soo's actions and words slowly changed their heart. Wook attracted by Soo's independence and her don't want to burden him (although in reality she still is). So attracted to her because she is the first to treat him like human after the frightening stage passed away. She was worried about her and talk to him naturally. 

In this eps I once again can't help but think how the writer making their life opposite of each other. For So, his feeling for Soo is one that making him smile and acting cute (WS aegyo killed me!). So2 scene making my heart flutter and warm. Their interaction is so sweet. So is like a completely different person. He's not in love with him at this moment but it's developing that way. He begin to care for her. He won't follow and save her if he's not. 

Wook case is different. It hit him hard that he love Soo and can't live in the world where she's not around. For Wook, his love for Soo comes with a heavy burden. He aimed for the throne for a long time. He himself know that he can't be with Soo if he wants to be king. No matter what Lady Hae offer. Lady Hae comes respectable and powerful family. Soo is only her cousin (meaning: Lady Hae parents is important, Soo's not). That's why YH can beat her. He can't escape from that love, he falls too deep for that but he also can't persue it. I particularly drawn by his face at the bridge after he failed to kiss her and everybody arrived. That face literally said that love is a heavy one. He was upset that everyone there, interupted him and upset of himself for feeling what he's feeling. KHN is jjang here. Double Jjang! I think later on he didn't care who sees anymore. There's a scene he kiss her forehead in the trailer. But it's a heavy love his having. The one that breaks your heart and soul and leave you in the darkest place if you can't have it. 

I now can understand his shout. 'I missed you every moment', he says. He probably still miss her if he sees her. He only be fulfiled and satisfy if Soo is in his arm. 

Very well said. With a love like that, if WW is the main lead, their love would be very very warm, loyal and romantic, even more than most couples in our modern world. They will love each other passionately till the second they die. Just like the oath "Only death do us separate". Yet he is just the second lead. I can't help crying a river everytime I am reminded that he is only a second lead. Because, look, their affection is so beautiful!

Edit: By the way, does anyone have the translation of the new OST sung by DAVICHI's lyrics? Please share~~~ I will love you forever!!!!

Edited by shizukatsukiko
  • Like 12

so when the maid was being whipped and HS came to rescue her.

Once everyone is leaving, didn't that maid give this weird look to (don't know the number but seems like the least known actor) the prince who is known for his wealth..who was standing with prince#3 and didn't care abt the whipping??

And that prince averted her gaze?- past love story there?

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

THANK YOUUUUU! He deserves this Slap - as I guessed. But he seems to regret it ... Jugn was trained to hate his Brother - or to ignore him - he is not your Brother - he is not worth it - kinda like that -  ah this Boy is so fast with words ... not thinking before he speaks. He really must still learn a lot.

he seem to regret because suddenly their mother coming & misunderstand. Jung tried to tell their mother the truth, he also told her, WS safe him from dangerous. If not, he maybe killed. but their mother don't heard anything. he don't Jung close with WS because WS will kill him anytime.

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, magdale said:

Wangso is not already in love with Haesoo, the change in how he behaves with her is because of what happened when he hit the stones and what she said (I haven't watch the episode with subs). There have been two moments in which Wangso has been more vulnerable and Haesoo has been there by chance. I like how it develops the relationship between them, and I think 8th will keep the distance with her because of what he confessed, maybe this is what will make Haesoo and Wangso come close.

My Guess is even when he ask her to marry him (after his Wife died) she will turn him down - because she will not meddle with History. So she prefers to go in the Palace as a Maid. Wang Wook will be hurted and he can´t understand it too...

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Once everyone is leaving, didn't that maid give this weird look to (don't know the number but seems like the least known actor) the prince who is known for his wealth..who was standing with prince#3 and didn't care abt the whipping??

There is definitely a connection between Chae-ryung and 9th prince Wang Won...very similar connection in the C-version. I won't spoil it for you, though. We'll be shown, likely in bits and pieces, what the connection is between the two.

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, roneddski said:

Previously, Wang So was so hostile towards HS, forcing her to remember unpleasant things such as the assassination details, and even went as far to make threats on her life. But now HS witnessed a blood-covered Wang So, Wang So told her straight that he had just killed people.. and suddenly she wasn't even scared in the least bit, and she could try to understand or justify the reasons behind his actions or his pain?? And the next moment, she delivers his meal to him and they have a friendly chat freely? :blink: 

I think it's okay after watching the scene in which they talk about -what is a mom?- in episode 3 of Director Cut. He knows that she doesn't hold grudges towards people... She can sense that he is not a bad guy, only a broken guy...she knows that he is a sad soul because of his mom, but doesn't know yet why. 

Spoiler

• Like 9

Thank you everyone for the recaps and screenshots. It was sad for me when I couldn't get a stable connection and was lagging half the time, but your posts are enough to tide me over until I can watch it in full with English subs tonight.

On another note, since my recent departure from Soompi's writing team, I've been looking for an alternate site to share my reviews and thoughts on the dramas I'm watching. I'm happy to announce that blog, K-drama Central, created by fellow Soompier, LavelyShai, has accepted me with open arms and, although I am behind, I plan on sharing my thoughts on MLSHR there. The articles I have planned so far includes:

[First Impressions] Scarlet Heart: Ryeo Eps 1 - 3
[Re-Impressions] Scarlet Heart: Ryeo Eps 1 - 3 Director's Cut Re-Edit
[Character Review] Lee Joon Gi as Wang So
[Character Review] Lee Ji Eun (IU) as Hae Soo
[Character Review] Kang Ha Neul as Wang Wook

And consistent, weekly reviews thereafter. I'm not a great reviewer, but writing is a passion. I hope my fellow Eclipses* will take some time to browse through the blog, even if it may just be a repeat of my thoughts already shared on here - just put in a more organized manner. You can find the blog here and our facebook page here. ^^

** What do you guys think about calling ourselves Eclipse? It'll be a tribute to the previous title of Moon Lovers and Ha Jin's travel through time occurred because of a sudden eclipse.

• Like 17

LOL at Haesoo cursing when she tried to fight all the bad guy.. she actually cursed WS too right at the beginning??

IU actually still lacking but she have one point to add is that she have a lot of energy and chemistry with her co star.. that's why even if sometime she a little bit awkward she still can hold her own beside all the alpha male character.. she have chemistry with all the prince.. thank god it will be a BIG mess if she don't have chemistry with her co star cause this type of drama need that element to make it successful..

• Like 15

12 minutes ago, violet90 said:

my OTP moment of the night!!!

1. when Haesoo stop WS from hurting himself.. she did a right thing rather than hugging him she ask him a question and repeat what she said 'its not wrong to live' and she know how hurt WS is.. she actually stop WS ragging and left him to let him mourn by himself.. sometime that what we need.. Haesoo know WS need that time alone..

2. the hill scene.. gosh this scene is beyond cute.. WS clueless face when she attack with 'what happen last night' and he counter back and she ignored him.. his face is totally dumbfounded by her.. LOL

also when she walk back WS face shock when she lift her skirt to walk.. adorable Haesoo but the fact he smile is actually no matter how hard Haesoo carrying that basket she never once speak anything.. she did't want to lose and that amused him.. lol

3.you belong with me scene.. is't me or WS style of talking is cuter with Haesoo.. he just so cute in this scene.. demanding a thank you from Haesoo cause he save her..hahahaha but the funny part is when Haesoo said don't call her as belonging and he smile so he can call her as his person.. i just LOL at this...

4.. the snow scene... yeah if i can put the biggest heart here i would.. this scene is just so beautiful and Haesoo confess what she fell to WS (WW problem) even if WS don't understand it.. WS just smiling seeing Haesoo excited about the star and snow.. She spark something in himself and its not love but i think a friendship.. she is his person in a way that she the only person at this moment treat him right.. 

:heart:

I love the snow scene, you can see WS eye just keeps secretly looking at HS, and when he got caught, he just looked away awkwardly.. soooo cute! I repeat that scene over and over cause I just can't get enough how cute WS when he start noticing this girl... I bet he starts falling for her :) 

I just loveeee episode 4 and can't wait for tomorrow!!

• Like 15

24 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

9th prince Won is the one you are talking about, and he kinda cared. 3rd prince was like go ahead and hit them, but 9th prince Won said to 3rd prince that "but i think that slave girl was hit enough" which means don't hit her anymore. 9th prince is in the line of 3rd prince. it was shown throughout the episodes. 9th prince is often near the 3rd prince Yo. Once, he looked down at younger brothers because they ran out to look at 10th prince's fight with HaeSoo, but when 3rd prince also ran out the watch the fight, he suddenly changes his mind and says that watching the fight is very fun, and follows the 3rd prince. also, there is a scene where 9th prince Won hands the towel to 3rd prince with both hands (sign of respect) after they had trained "the dance" with other princes without the 4th prince. the girl is supposed to like 9th prince. but it seems to be one-sided by looking at the chart. i guess 9th prince just felt bad because he knows she likes him. 

Edited by louisawatson
  • Like 11

Without having watched the 4th episode yet and only from reading the recaps and discussions, I'm realizing that So's mother isn't as intelligent as she thinks she is. The greatest power probably lies in her hands, right in front of her, and she doesn't see it. Wang So, the wolf dog already feared by many. The son who somehow got trained in martial arts when he became a Shinju hostage. The man who slayed an entire group of assassins just to try and please and protect his mother, to try and get just a small crumb of affection or approval.

In her silent struggle for power, she fails to see how Wang So could actually be an asset to her? By continuously driving a wedge the size of an elephant between them, Wang So is only going to turn the other way and bring her down. He's only going to give up on her eventually and destroy everything she's worked for. Instead, she should be seizing that opportunity. Throw him the crumb he's been pleading for and he'll be the most loyal soldier ever, doing anything and everything she asks because then she'll give him another morsel of approval - which is the only thing he wants from her.

Is she so disgusted by him and, in turn, disgusted with herself for what she did to him, that she's blind to the opportunity presented before her?

• Like 16

This is one of those shows where I wish I could clone the heroine for the  two heroes so that no one is left heart broken and alone.:lol:

BTW Hi guys, I didn't intend to watch this show now or at all(if I could resist) because I knew about the tragic end but thanks to AuroraRain's video clips on twitter I succumbed and watched some scenes which hooked me onto the OTP and WW-HS. I've liked LJK in My Girl & Arang and the magistrate, KHN in Monstar and IU in Dream High & The Best Lee Soon Shin so really, it was a loosing battle for me anyway. :lol:

• Like 15

I don't think the development of the love triangle is too fast though..WW already had interest on haesoo since she made the glue..another interest when haesoo cried at the forest..and another one when they talked in HS room,about the feeling WW have after his first time killed someone..its her sympathy that made WW even more like her,and I think the love blossom from there?just getting deeper for him

As for Wang So..not that fast either..he started to have interest at HS when WS say her name (one of my favorite tones of LJG's voice) "Hae Soo?" and he didn't really mean to kill her..its just his anger,frustration,shame of scars..but I don't think WS had real intention to kill HS.

Hae Soo..her character is that she's nosy..she like to be involved in others life,and that's why HS is full of affection and sympathy towards others (trust me,I know..since I'm a bit nosy myself..haha) so this far HS's feelings for the two princes?Sympathy & understandings for 4th/WS..respect,admiration&adore for 8th/WW (and maybe like him a little bit),but there are no deep love yet..maybe at the next episodes?

It's just my opinion..oh no..its 00.47 at my place,I need beauty sleep :P Good night all

• Like 13