[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

3 hours ago, Berou said:

100% agree, from the beginning i'm team WS. although he looks scary, kills, threaten people but deep inside he is a miserable man that didn't receive love, he has been neglected from his family. Everyone in his family hates him. It is because of them that he has turned out like that. From outside he looks like a monster, someone you should avoid but inside he is innocent. I squealed at his cute interactions with HS, he looks so cute and innocent. He looks like a child trapped in a body of a man.

Whereas WW doesn't show his true colors, he looks the perfect husaband, sweet, caring. all the maids fan over him and he is even nicknamed as the best man of Goryeo. But if we scratch the surface a little bit, we see an obbessive, calculative man with high self esteem. When he saw HS being beaten he didn't go to stop his siter spontaneously, he just stood there hesitating because his sister is a princess and HS is from a lower class, he didn't want to meddle. As the saying goes " we should be aware of still water"

cheer1 onion headcheer1 onion head  Well said @Berou  I was so dissappointed in Wang Wook today. Even Wang Eun , ran up the stairs to help Hae Soo. Look at how Wang So stopped his sister from beating Hae Soo. Your also right about Wang So, his personality was made from the moment he got the scar and was adopted by that family. HIs torture, confinement and disrespect by everyone in his family. What shocked me the most was finding out " HIS FATHER KNEW ABOUT HIM BEING A HOSTAGE'. That reallly made me mad and  bad atmosphere onion head   depressed1 onion head

@littleloony @MadraRua  I agree chingu. that woman is not fit to be a mother. I despise her but I think she might be suffering some kind of illness. Out of all her children Jung is the one she loves because he was born later after she lost her first born. Wang Yo, she doesn't love him because he out live her first born. Look at the way she is protective of him, it is like she fears something bad will happen to him. She acts like a woman who lost a child not because of love but of what she would gain from his exitstence. 

• Like 11

OMG...Why the rating is so low...This don't make sense...I'm really sad...

I think we will not see this " Lee Joon Gi mentioned before if the ratings will be high, the cast would dance to Exo's Growl like a flashmob"

I know that some fans are saying to not worry about the ratings...But i can't not worrying...

• Like 11

Rant:

After seeing the ratings for this episode, I felt crushed, even if it didn't really impact me as a viewer. ;-; I couldn't help imagining how bad the actors/actresses of ML are feeling right now, especially Lee Joon Gi. The scenes that he filmed didn't seem like something simple, considering all the big stunts he did himself. Everyone obviously put a lot of effort into this production, hoping that it'd turn out to be wildly popular. Expectations were probably at around 15 percent (Maybe I'm exaggerating) for the first episode. But for the first two episodes to record low ratings for a production of that scale and then decline even further...I'm particularly worried about the continued downtrend in ratings. SBS will regret having aired this show if they haven't already, especially after all the money that was invested. Although many international fans are watching, SK (native) viewers likely come beforehand when one first considers the extent of a kdrama's success.

It makes me so sad because Moon Lovers is such an amazing drama. I love everything about it. Seriously, in all my years of watching, never before have I bothered going this far for a drama; that I would spend hours hanging around on forum threads and more time to watch the raws and then rewatch the episodes later with subs. I checked Moonlight Drawn By Clouds out and it's definitely a great drama. I can see why it's so popular, I can't deny that it's very well done. I also really love and respect the actors and actresses there but I can't help wishing more of those viewers would give Scarlet Heart: Ryeo a chance instead. I really don't want to see such a beautiful drama become a flop because it deserves much better.

• Like 15

Population in south korean in 2015 was 50 million maybe 60 million in 2016... and population in china was 1.378 million... 

So for popularity mdbc can't beat MLSHR. Internationally

Just because of their higher rating in SK... but MLSHR is simultaneous air in many country not just in china.. 

I think the production team had earn many royalty know. 

Beside that its like more political,, SK goverment usually do that kind of thing.. 

Remmembering tiffany scandal was blow up to covering corruption scandal... how can they do that to celebrity so easyly..:tears:

Because thus drama has been sold to china with huge price. And the story is from c-novel and c-drama. 

And we are worried before that this drama can broadcast or not in china .. because the political issue china - SK. 

• Like 12

Based on the recent shows, I can conclude that netizens prefer simple and less complex show compare to other countries. 

I pretty love the show concept and I think that the ratings shouldn't be that bad :( 

To be honest, I prefer the revised version of 8th and 4th price though.

cr to owner 

• Like 16

Image result for scarlet heart korean dramaImage result for scarlet heart korean dramath?id=OIP.5de20e6d999e728c73c1bf73b140ae

Hello to everyone!  My first post here but I really think episode 4 is worth posting about.  I have to say when I first heard about this drama I already knew it would be colorful as in so much talent and so much youth and beauty packed within one story that was a given.  But to my surprise the writing is quick witted yet moving and the acting is much better and deeper than what you first believe you see. All of a sudden you realize it's beyond looks for it's the story being told unfolded before you and captures you in the very first episode.   You find yourself so curious and at least for me it just went by so fast and I felt I needed to know more right away.  Each prince has his own style and story and even the other characters each one is just so interesting. Even the evil Queen Mother talk about scary :blink::o

Lady Soo ( IU ) what a character she is a mixture of cuteness, sweetness and pure strength not to mention defender of the weak with no thought to herself which I love the most.  It's why I loved this episode so much you get to see the real her come to life and flow from one time span in the future being brought into the past.  I laughed so hard when she encouraged 14th Prince arms wrapped around him as if he was her brother so tender and so loving and the FIGHTING!!  Perfect writing and word for that moment it's as if you could feel the warmth of his face lighting up. 

I have a feeling Lady Soo will gain the respect and other forms of love from the remaining prince's as they each get to know her better.  She is such a pleasing character so inspiring to watch and IU is bringing her best effort in showing all the different traits of Lady Soo to life.  One moment she has you in tears and the next smiling and laughing at her standing up and following her heart where ever it leads.  She has a child like faith that just is to beautiful for words.  She is honest and it brings out the best in others and you can already see how she is changing those around her.  To them she is fresh and exciting and must seem fearless.  When in truth she has fears and a mask of her own.  She knows about brokenness to the point that all she has left is the belief to just live as best you can no matter where you are or even who you are.... She is just so courageous to me...

credit & thanks to original photo owners..

Wang So made me cry today. Actually..both Wang So and Wang Wook had me wiping tears. LJK and KHN were just too good with their scenes. Both are facing some serious emotional turmoil. For WW there is honor vs. heart and for WS..man, the guy just needs love! He keeps being rejected by the person he most wants acceptance from. I just want him to wash his hands off the Queen now! That Lady aint worth it!

Yaaay for development between WS and HS! HS charging in to save the 14th Prince and them clutching each other like kids also that hug was just too precious! Hahaha..WW and WS saw the love triangle turn into a square right in front of their eyes! I cheered when King said WS will live in Sangok! Thank goodness for that...anything which will give WS happiness is what I need.

The beating scene..wish WW reacted better. He was too slow. Granted that he doesnt want to treat her differently or specially but still. It just ultimately hurts HIM. HS is reminding herself to not be swayed by emotions but I love how she confessed to WS that she has no control over her emotions. We do want our heads to always be on the righr path but mattera of the heart cant be resolved easily. Despite it all..I know HS will do the thing that is right cuz that's just how she is. 

Man..I wish the show didnt have 80% closeup shots! They were SOOOO distracrting today. During WW's restless horse ride I was worried the camera might pan on the horse's face as well. Some closeup per epi are okay but almost ALL scenes are shot super zoomed in. It's annoying to watch. And I couldnt help but notice the lazy editing. The flow wasnt there at all..it was just scenes strung together. These flaws affect the viewing experience so much..they can easily put anyone off. Cant they fix it? Not all will be able to keep up with the show if this continues. The content is right there but if on TV it wont be presented well..what's the point? Smh..

• Like 19

Hi Eclipsers,

I read few pages backwards and I see some chingus are unfamiliar with Kang Ha Neul 's talent .

Forgive me for being Out Of Topic but it is really worthy for those who discovered him through Moon Lovers to take a look in his previous performances.

He is a crazy psychopath in Missing Noir M , a not very likable character in Misaeng ( excellent acting), I watched Angel Eyes until the episode he was in as the young version of hero and I still remember how much I cried in one of his scenes :bawling: I laughed with him in Twenties and if I was the screenwriter of The Heirs , Kang Ha Neul definitely would have more screen time.

Saying all that I have to admit that my OTP is my lonely, mysterious  4th prince /HS and reading some previous posts I prepared myself for tons of tears to come.

• Like 17

Heol! The thread went crazy overnight :D First off, huge thanks! for all the screen-caps and live-recaps ;) quick questions? If you watch live-stream will it help increase ratings? or is it just based on SK's household? and I'm a bit confused is there a live stream that's been subbed already? If there is, can anyone please teach me.. just inbox me :D *komowoyo~* 

I haven't watch the raw but base on the screen-caps.. I'm highly anticipating the scene where So went berserk on the stones, just by the photo it gives me the chills.. gotta say LJK is really slaying his role, that eyes it's full of sorrow and filled with wrath.. which is why I'm looking forward how would Soo react, IMO this is a critical moment judging LJE's acting, she's not a top-actress.. yet but for me, I'm well satisfied on how she delivers Soo, it's not on excellence level yet but she's getting there :wub:..but LJK is setting the bar pretty high. That's it for now.. gotta wait for the subs until I toss in my insights for episode 4. But let's not forget our Wook, poor wookee :tears: I can feel his misery as expected of KHN, gawd just run into my arms :phew: 

@lisethvr I see.. I just hope Kversion saves my poor heart in regards of how they'll end :tears:

6 hours ago, Berou said:

Wang Eun trying to cheer HS up  : )

source: http://sefuns.tumblr.com/post/149986626269/wangeun-trying-to-cheer-up-haesoo

hahaha i love their childish relationship, he treats her as if she's 5 y.o

ME TOO! At first, I find Baekhyun's acting cringey at times but I knew he's a rookie so it's acceptable.. but now that I'm getting to know Eun's character more.. his acting is not awkward nor cringey no more, to put it more precise.. his portrayal of the 10th prince is squarely appropriate :lol:

USAFarmgirl True!(well said) The reason why I don't really know where the criticism is coming from :mellow:

Spoiler

*sighs* I honestly, I'm not worried with the ratings but I'm more worried on how our beloved SHR's cast would feel with that three-folds gap.. it's not that they were lacking on anyways for me this is the best saeguk that I have ever watched, until now.. but I just can't believe.. how this awesome production is being neglected. Truth be told I'm a bit envious on SK's showbiz industry (compared to my home country).. for they produce dramas that are top-notch and more importantly refreshingly engaging storylines.. but *sighs* , I'm a fan of MDBC (especially PBG), I enjoyed watching it.. but I'll take SHR any day, everyday :wub: 

• Like 12

ll1.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-09-05%2Bat%2B2.46.50%2BPM.png
Sports Chosun - Naver: 'Moon Lovers', Lee Jun Ki vs Kang Ha Neul, love triangle with Lee Ji Eun 

1. [+6,704, -734] Episode 4 is daebak. My heart was fluttering the entire hour.. ㅎㅎ

2. [+6,117, -550] The look in Kang Ha Neul's eyes. oh wow..

3. [+5,168, -606] It's seriously fun... Lee Jun Ki is jjang..

4. [+4,386, -579] Fricking fun ㅠㅠㅠ Can't wait for tomorrow

5. [+3,772, -423] Should I call you "my person"?????? Yes! Yes! Yes!

6. [+1,516, -183] Did y'all see Kang Sky's eyes? Haaaㅜㅜㅜ  Heart attack

7. [+1,612, -216] Kang Ha Neul's acting in a melodrama is great. Wow daebak

8. [+1,272, -128] Why are two male leads so cool? ㅠㅠ

201609052321461710_1.jpg

Newsen - Nate: 'Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo', Will IU become Kang Ha Neul's second wife? 

1. [+556, -66] For real, Lee Jun Ki and Kang Ha Neul's gazes did all the work ㄷㄷㄷ

2. [+514, -178] This episode is so good.. It won't call it super amazing, but I hope this drama does well. Lee Jun Ki and Kang Ha Neul's eyes leave me speechless

3. [+290, -49] No joke, the more I look at Lee Jun Ki, the more he resembles Dynasty Warriors 7's Sima Shi

4. [+74, -25] I don't think IU's that bad at acting, she's just weak compared to her leading men

5. [+72, -52] I can't stand it when IU opens her eyes super wide. Is that the only facial expression she can do?

Sports Chosun - Naver: 'Moon Lovers', Lee Jun Ki vs Kang Ha Neul, their hearts begin to yearn for IU 

1. [+242, -9] And so it begins... Lee Jun Ki and Kang Ha Neul are both really cool

2. [+223, -11] This is where the love story begins... I'm so curious of what's gonna happen. I'm so sad for Wang So ㅠㅠ

3. [+184, -14] It's so good.. Why did the episode end too fast?

4. [+129, -19] Cute cute cute cute cute

5. [+195, -45] The proper story begins ㅠㅠ IU's super pretty

6. [+62, -9] A rediscovery of Kang Ha Neul, why is he so awesome? ㅠㅠ IU is jjang cute ㅋㅋ

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/09/spoilers-moonlight-drawn-by-clouds-moon.html

• Like 18

THE BEAUTIFUL LEE JOON KI

b4jk3

Can’t get over how downright beautiful Lee Joon Ki looks in Moon Lovers: Bo Bo Kyung Shim: Ryeo. He’s unbelievably gorgeous as Wang So that I hastily put together some screen shots from Episode 4. It’s like the case of Lee Min Ho in Faith where the camera is totally in love with the mien and there are zero bad angles. I haven’t had time to pen my thoughts proper about the drama yet but the Wang So – Hae Soo loveline is straight-up lovable, believable and swoony. Mostly because Lee Joon Ki is utterly swoony and killer sexy as the rebellious Fourth Prince that IU just has to be serviceable for their romance to sell. She is so I’m sold. Technically Lee Joon Ki is emoting through one eye instead of two for now so it’s all down to that long, almond-shaped peeper to do the works. And damn…Lee Joon Ki doesn’t both eyes emote with simmering intensity. Throw in those carved cheekbones…

Spoiler

b4jk1

b4jk9

b4jk8

b4jk7

b4jk6

b4jk4

b4jk2

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2016/09/05/the-beautiful-lee-joon-ki/

b4jk5

This is personally my picks of the night episode....those cuts....gah why do I always do this to my heart....adding another handsome man in my imaginary husband to be...

Image result for cute emoticon gif

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo: Episode 4

by HeadsNo2 | September 5, 2016 | 9 Comments

moonlovers04-00691.jpg

Feelings start to get murky as our heroine becomes more and more a part of our princes’ everyday lives, and though she may not always have the best solutions, at least she’s always willing to try. And while this hour has its dark moments, it seems like the show is willing to reveal its softer underbelly, which goes a long way toward helping to endear it to us. Angsty princes covered in blood are all well and good, but angsty, vulnerable princes with a soft spot for a certain someone are even better. The more princes, the merrier.

Read for more detail recap : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/09/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-episode-4/

COMMENTS

It’s not a perfect situation to have one corner of the love triangle married, but setting aside that fact (somewhat jokingly, because we all know that this is entertainment and not a reflection of our own social mores, even if what we find entertaining can be a reflection in and of itself, [insert existential disclaimer here], so on and so forth), it’s kinda fun, isn’t it? What’s important in a case like this is for the characters involved not to ignore the fact that there are some majorly forbidden feelings going on, and on that front, it feels like Wook is doing more of the heavy lifting than Su. Though I guess we could just as easily say that she’s not the one blurting out what she really feels to him, so maybe she is doing a better job of this than he is.

Despite Su mentioning the differences she sees in Goryeo versus in her time throughout the episode, it so far hasn’t really felt as though she’s absorbed any of those differences, nor has she seemed to really take in what’s happened to her. It’s a misstep that I think happened early on with her initial reactions to her new world, and while she can comment on how the stars are different in Goryeo and how the treatment’s worse, something about it all just isn’t hitting home for me. I wish I could put my finger on exactly what it is—whether it’s writing, acting, or both—but I’m not sure I’ve actually bought into her character yet. Maybe it’s that she acclimated so quickly, and so we’ve been robbed of most of the fish-out-of-water moments we’d expect from seeing a modern girl thrust into a decidedly un-modern world.

But all that’s about to become as dead a horse to beat as the one So cut down in the first episode, so I’ll just try to remain cautiously optimistic for the time being. The thing is, Iwant to like Su because I like the characters who like her, and that’s almost enough. And while the main love triangle certainly wins all the brownie points, I’m really enjoying her interactions with the other princes we’ve gotten to spend some individual time with so far. I especially like that while three of those princes think of her romantically, she unknowingly friend-zoned Jung, and the thought of those two sharing future noona/dongsaeng moments is enough to put a smile on anyone’s face.

moonlovers04-00234.jpg

Eun’s crush on Su is as adorable as it is harmless, and the scene where he brought her a box of toys had me sold. Su’s worldly enough to realize he has a crush on her, but doesn’t seem to think of him coming from that perspective as much when she’s lost in thought. It’s funny to see how the two of them are on completely different pages when they interact, but it’s really endearing that Eun makes a good sounding board for her, however vacant he may sometimes be.

Of course, the unexpected turnaround came from So this hour, who warmed up to Su a lot sooner than I would’ve expected. The scene where she comforted him during his tirade made sense as to why he’d soften toward her, even though it seemed a rather uncharacteristic way for her to act under that sort of pressure. Still, if she can be a source of comfort for So’s tortured soul, I’m all for it. After this episode, he needs whatever comfort he can get.

Even with the intensely well-acted insights we got into So and Queen Sinmyeongsunseong’s relationship, it’s hard to understand exactly why she has so much hatred toward him. He’s not a son born of a concubine that she’s had to just put up with, but her own flesh and blood child born of the king, so what makes him less than her two other sons? I’d like to think that she’s just manifesting her guilt toward scarring his face into hatred, but that may be giving her more credit than she deserves. At least there was a turning point in their relationship this episode, enough to where So will (hopefully) stop seeking her approval. Or maybe nothing says “I love you, Mom” like a pile of burned corpses.

moonlovers04-00478.jpg

picks comments from db 

Zoe September 5th, 2016 at 5:26 PM

I really liked Hae Soo in this episode, I thought all the scenes she had worked, and she has excellent chemistry with all the actors, which is unusual. Even Kang Ha Na and Hae Soo really ran the emotional gamut with their scene, to the point that they stole it from the princes for me. The princes do get most (or all) of the good comments, but I feel like the ladies are doing a great job as well, and they’re catalyst for a lot of actions for each other; Hae Soo and Chaeryung or Lady Hae or Ha Na.

Jisoo was SO GREAT in this episode. His expression in the scene where his mother is fussing over his injuries and he’s watching So’s retreating back made me remember what a powerhouse performer he is. THANK GOD he’s back (And is it just me, or did he look incredibly hot in the scene??)

Also, I nearly cried when Wook cried. I think it was the first time I realized that he’s as alone as So in his own way, that he had to go off and cry alone and he doesn’t really have anyone to sound off against and he doesn’t have that licence, so to speak, for any behavior departing from the norm.

Baekhyun was absolutely adorable in his scene. I never thought he was a bad actor, but now I’m thoroughly starting to enjoy him. How cute!

AND LEE JUNKI IS LEE JUNKI, that is all.

Everything in this episode worked for me. Literally ever scene almost. They all made me want to watch again. I’m officially hooked. Episode 4 was fantastic.

• Like 20

A high rating is not always a synonymous that a drama is good or has the best story, most of the time all depends on the taste of the public and what dictates the trend so is not related with the quality and less with the acting. We don't have to feel bad or sad, the actors did a good job and also the production team, it proves it in how well received is in China and other international markets. Perhaps it would not be bad if instead of doing the flash mob for the viewers in Korea, they did for all international fans to thank the support.

• Like 14

27 minutes ago, kiklaminHo said:

Hi Eclipsers,

I read few pages backwards and I see some chingus are unfamiliar with Kang Ha Neul 's talent .

Forgive me for being Out Of Topic but it is really worthy for those who discovered him through Moon Lovers to take a look in his previous performances.

He is a crazy psychopath in Missing Noir M , a not very likable character in Misaeng ( excellent acting), I watched Angel Eyes until the episode he was in as the young version of hero and I still remember how much I cried in one of his scenes :bawling: I laughed with him in Twenties and if I was the screenwriter of The Heirs , Kang Ha Neul definitely would have more screen time.

Saying all that I have to admit that my OTP is my lonely, mysterious  4th prince /HS and reading some previous posts I prepared myself for tons of tears to come.

@kiklaminHo Chingu, just want to give you some peace of mind and assure you there are actually a lot of Kang Ha Neul fans that are a part of our community. You might have just popped onto the thread during a time when some of our chingu were just expressing disappointment in the character, Wang Wook...or were just deeply appreciating Wangso's character.

Might I also add that we sail a few ships here on this thread, and one is definitely for Wang Wook and Haesoo.  So please get comfortable and know you are not alone in your admiration of the very handsome and talented Kang Ha Neul, aka 8th prince. :wub:

• Like 12