[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Keeping up with this thread is real challenge you know. ;)

I saw the third episode and I'm totally amazed. I can't think about watching any other show right now. Will rewatch all 3 episodes tonight. Just because. The drama to me is perfect and it seems with every new episode it only proves how good this show is. 

And - forgive me! - my Joon Gi rules in the story. I'm totally in Wang So's team. I wonder what he'll do now when he sees his mother, he knows what that horrible woman is trying to do, and he's all covered in blood with sword in his hand... will he try to kill her? Or she'll find a way to save her life? I wonder...

• Like 23

I totally agree about Lee Joon Gi's acting skills..especially in this drama..another point he well known with his historical drama roles or typical strong guy image at action dramas and movies but after he passed to his 30s his face matured so much and gained characteristic lines. he also lost weight. I'm not Asian but Asian guys loose their baby fats at late ages and ıf they are actor their matured faces features give them advantage for expressing the emotions better. I always see this at other actors too..they always be better actor in their 30's..like Song Joong Ki..after he lost his baby face suddenly we started to see his face acting better.

for example same kind of look and smile but different feelings...LJG in his 20's and now

SHRLJGteasheader-690x400.jpg

Edited by lupita311
off topic
  • Like 19

7 hours ago, xoxobleach said:

the lead actor is too good. this is my first show w LJG and i cannot take my mind off him. just finished running man where he took part in to promote the show. 

i have since tried his other shows in less than 24 hrs but i dare say the cumulation of all his acting expertise can be seen in ep1-3. 

the only other show i really liked of his while hunting his acting repertoire was the king and the clown... 

I first watched, and subsequently fell for, Lee Joon Ki in Two Weeks. You should give that drama a try too! Not a whole lot of romance in it though, as a heads up, since he's more concerned about saving his life and the life of his child.

6 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

question, this back to back to back is the re-edited version?... may i know what is the airing time?.

Does anyone know if DF or another streaming website will have the re-edited version too?

5 hours ago, qwenli said:

Sorry to cut your post, just want to say those lines in bold, I agree totally.

I didnt know IU has so many antis, so it was rather surprising to me, I thought at one point she was the Korean little sister or something. But its ok, am staying positive and optimistic because I dont really have a problem with her. I am bias, yes. I hope she gets to sing a ost, it will be a complete waste if she doesnt. Even better, have a duet with Lee Joon Gi, that guy got a wonderful voice too. And let's not forget Kang Haneul who is a musical actor. Gosh, they should all sing together. It will be a riot!

I love Lee Joon Ki's voice and IU has been my favorite K-pop artist practically since her debut. It would be AMAZING if they surprised us with a duet! I know Kang Ha Neul is a musical actor too, but I've never actually heard him sing before. lol.

About possible reasons why Wang So would suddenly want to fight for the throne. Other than wanting to protect and call Hae Soo his own, it could be to take the throne away from Wang Yo. He has already figured out that Yo and his mother were the leaders behind the assassins meant to take out the Crown Prince and that they want the throne enough to kill one of their own members, so maybe, Wang So decides to take it away from them - leaving them both unable to use underhanded tactics again to try and make Yo the future king of Goryeo. Either that, or it's his way of taking power away from his mother and from Yo.

• Like 16

10 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I believe, the killing spray for her sake marks the peak of Wang So seeking for his mother's affection. When he visits her after it, their conversation and her rejection again to aknowledge him as his son marks the end and the turning point in my opinion. He will be mad and devastated again. However, I don't think, he will turn against her immediately. I am more expecting that he meets Hae Soo just after his conversation with his mother. That's why he will get more interested in HS.

@bebebisous33  Thanks, I'm wondering was the confrontation with her was about her plotting to kill the CP and will he take it upon himself to try and be crowned the next CP should the evil Queen succeed. Like you I thinks he will run into HS and she gives him the idea that he's no different then the pampered princes..But one thing for sure things are going to get very interesting because of HS hell in high water won't be dragging him away no time soon.. I would like to know if queen mother and prince brother will really use the army to try and get rid of him and this could be the turning point to it all she just turn him totally agasinst her..

8 hours ago, redenzione said:

All the criticism and negative comments aside, i'm really enjoying this drama. I will admit coming on here and wanting to participate, it's hard to read such negativity and not wilt slightly - of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but hearing the same criticisms over and over again is draining. But as much as i'm entitled to gush over the drama, others are allowed to rant, that's the name of the game

As a massive fan of the CDrama, I like how unrestrained and - I almost want to say 'lighter' this drama is in tone. I went into this drama not know what to expect and i'm very happy it's not a carbon copy but still respectful of the original material thus far. I realised while I was watching the third episode the reason I was so happy watching was because this drama wasn't overly serious or dry, many of the 'Epic' Sagueks have a lot of scenes where characters sit around and talk, or the romance is stilted and I need to be satisfied with sometimes (depending on the portrayal) a lukewarm glance or just a hug where the female is usually not engaged. What the CDrama did well was combine the romance with simmering and blatant emotion which wasn't overdone or used ineffectively or against the writing. That, combined with great writing, excellent acting and direction it was a recipe for success in my eyes and why I always recommend it.

@redenzione  Praising your comment,  I like you enjoying the twist on this drama.. I'm a huge fan of LJK and watch all of his dramas that has never lead me wrong I will stay until the end inspite the negitivetity..  Agree with you about the lighter side but I think it will go to the darkerside.. I'm looking fgorward to seeing the charming prince really pull his mask off for all to see.. I think to many people as you say are making the comparison and not just looking at it with fresher eyes this was particuly one of the reasons I never read any of the news on this drama before it started I wnated to have a fresher eyes and a clear mind to fully enjoy this one also..  I'm also anixious to see how the writer give us this story in 20 episodes..

• Like 16

I love Wang So's subtle sense of humour when he tells her that if he apologizes to her then she will have to die. I just love him and how he delivers his lines :wub: He had less than 10 min screen time in ep 1? No wonder I found it slow going and too much of Hae Soo, but then she is supposed to be the protagonist.  Still I hope there will be lots more of Joon Ki (Wang So) screen time, he makes the drama come alive and exciting. 

• Like 19

I feel this drama will make everyone angry soon! now we are like I liked Hae Soo with him and that brother blah blah..but few weeks later everyone will be certain about their shipping but because HS will have same kind of close scenes and romance with a lot of guy, everyone gonna started to disturbed by it, especially public gonna say stupid girl why she is acting like this doesnt she love prince x!!?....I'm telling now ıf you don't want to increase your blood pressure go and ship her with nbr 4 bc overall she will choose and love him at the end! :P

kidding...there is a lot of brother, a lot of option to every taste! IU is the luckiest little puppy ever. :crazy: :lol:

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, cedarwood said:

Of course I ship Wang So with Hae Soo but that's obvious. And thank God ppl created one fantastic thing in the world - fanfictions. Oh if there is no happy end I'm gonna write one. :D

What really kills me is that I genuinely fear there isn't going to be one. If they follow the original in that aspect, I'll just emotionally die all over again. T_T As unlikely as it may be, I really hope for a happy ending between Wang So and Hae Soo. There should be ONE version of Scarlet Heart that gives us a happy ending, right? RIGHT?! lol.

• Like 20

Wang Wook :heart: Hae Soo

Spoiler

0KRvAaB.gif

Spoiler

FYmFHu1.gif

Spoiler

fNHiQvD.gif

5PQ5SXH.gif

Whose heart wouldn't waver?

CL1Atbh.gif

I know Wang So and Hae Soo are endgame but I can't help falling in love with 8th Prince too. Wang So and Hae Soo are ultimate OTP..... but my heart-smiley.gif breaks with the thoughts of what's to come....

• Like 23

@Once Upon Time thanks for sharing the vid. 

Aahh things Wang Wook do for his love Hae Soo.. It's true, love can make even the most civilised people uncivilized. Do you see his look when Soo is in danger? And his body movement? Man, that guy can do martial arts not just reading and being romantic and nice and gentle. 

If love can make Wang Wook look like that, I can't imagine what love will make Wang So look like. Since it's the first time he knows anything about love, I believe it's going to be epic. He's not the one who falls for threats (soft one or obvious. Wook will use one to him in ep 4, I believe) and hardship. And he clearly doesn't care about Soo's relation to the other if we look closely on vid teasers. Hahaha. 

Since it's not going to be the same with the C vers, i'll anticipate Wook reaction when So steals the girl. I think that what triggers him wanting the throne. Is it like that in C vers? I can't seem to remember and too lazy to browse for them.

I can't wait for the next and next episodes. I never used to want Mondays to come but here I am wanting it so bad. 

• Like 16

@akinahana89

I'll die along with you if it's the same end..... no joking - Bu Bu Jing Xin killed me depressed1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

@solelylurking

8th had political ambition from the get go but managed to fly under the radar for a long time. If only Ruoxi hadn't told him to beware of 4th than alot of angst could have been avoided. 

I think this 8th too has political ambition even before Hae Soo came on the scene. His intentions are altruistic whereas 4th will be to protect the one he loves. 

• Like 17

18 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

What really kills me is that I genuinely fear there isn't going to be one. If they follow the original in that aspect, I'll just emotionally die all over again. T_T As unlikely as it may be, I really hope for a happy ending between Wang So and Hae Soo. There should be ONE version of Scarlet Heart that gives us a happy ending, right? RIGHT?! lol.

I think the end will be the same as in Splash splash love and Startling by each step 2- the heroine will come to the future and here she will meet Wang So but like a modern guy:)

• Like 13

now I think about it what happened to real Hae Soo? Is she also transported to modern era? lol..Dont think her soul died overall her body is alive bc Ha Jin is in it..and maybe at modern Korea people already rescued Go Ha Jin from the lake and she returned back to life with the Hae Soo's soul!.. we know Hae Soo is playful girl maybe when Ha Jin is trying to handle all this brothers, Hae Soo is taking her revenge at modern era! playing with Ha Jin's ex boyfriend and best friend who cheated her!

ıt would be another drama..2nd part; Cafe light lovers Ryeo! haha..:lol:

bc ıts korean version maybe they will end this drama like "rooftop prince"! she will return back to her own body and suddenly meet with Wang So at street! bc they fated! :D at least we know astronomy guy and Have Soo carried same look more than 100's year! so there would a Wang So at modern Korea!!

6 minutes ago, Lady_Lara said:

I think the end will be the same as in Splash splash love and Startling by each step 2- the heroine will come to the future and here she will meet Wang So but like a modern guy:)

lol we have same thoughts! thumbs up!

• Like 13