[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

C@solelylurking In the c version, being a court lady wasn't so bad because the king sees her as being very clever to have around, it was when she was further demoted to the laundry room that greatly affected her health. And there was some pregnancy issues but I dun want to give too much spoiler here because it really didn't end up very happy. And I am pretty sure the k version is not a cut and paste production.

I really hope Scarlet Heart have a satisfactory and happy ending. The c version was so great, it should have become some literature text for analysis and critic.

------

@madraRua yep, reincarnation and rebirth is a very interesting thing and certainly a thing I believe in, as a Buddhist, it is one of the core tenets.

Why is it that we gravitate to certain people and dislike others? In Chinese there is an interesting saying: ten years of meetings give you a chance for a boat ride together and a 100 years of being together give you a chance to sleep together (to get married). This was to emphasize how precious relationships are.

The Koreans have something similar and I read someone wrote that IU must have rescue a million puppies in her past life to have thegoood fortune of being the lead in this ensemble cast of gorgeous princes. Lol.  

There was another Korean historical - Gu Family Book (Suzy n Lee seung gi) that ended with a rebirth arc too, am not sure if this writer will choose this route.

It will be so easy for the writer to do a cut and paste ending but I will really salute her if she can come up with an improved version.

• Like 13

@solelylurking

i guess maybe that the time when she still linked with 8th prince or she have a rough time to adjust with the palace.. even the Wangso dialogue is ' i can if you want to run away like this' ..

in a way i think Wangso help her through something but tbh palace will really changed a person no matter how positive that person are... that's why i really going to enjoy a happy and bubbly Haesoo before she changed.. :)

• Like 11

@qwenli yes, I remember about the laundry and the pregnancy. I think that was a time I cried here and there hahaha..

I too would love if the K verse has a different ending but still as beautiful. They don't have to be happily ever after if there will time jump also but I wish it wouldn't be so tragic for Hae Soo. I wish she can meet him for one last time before ending it all. It's ok if it just for far away and not having conversation. A love as great as that deserve one last look of someone she love. 

• Like 11

People! I'm going crazy and addicted to this drama! I've already rewatched thousand times all three episodes! And I like everything! I like Junki, I like IU, I like the 8th prince and his poor wife, I like osts- for me this drama is already in my top 5 dramas must to see!:)))

• Like 15

Flashing back to Episode 3 for a moment...but how adorable was Hae Soo when she was practicing her saeguk speech hahaaha..I felt like reaching into the screen and petting her head or squeezing her cheeks she was so adorable.

And I know everyone's shuddering at the all inter-family marrying/relationship stuff on the horizon but what I'm having trouble getting over is the fact that in Goryeo time, Hae Soo is only 16!!! I know it was a different time and definitely 16 was old enough to be married and have a family but sometimes Hae Soo looks sooo mini and cute that I laugh about the fact that she's making all these older dudes (Wook and So, eventually at least) fall at her feet hehehe

• Like 15

28 minutes ago, Lady_Lara said:

People! I'm going crazy and addicted to this drama! I've already rewatched thousand times all three episodes! And I like everything! I like Junki, I like IU, I like the 8th prince and his poor wife, I like osts- for me this drama is already in my top 5 dramas must to see!:)))

Haha, now I know I am not the only one.

Think I need to go watch the c version again. It's just that I didn't enjoy some of the light hearted parts about the other Princes and I tend to fast forward.

Actually in a way the c version has a happy ending becos Nicky Wu and Cecelia got married :wub: but we can't be expecting that from joon gi n IU.lol

• Like 14

1 hour ago, solelylurking said:
1 hour ago, solelylurking said:

@violet90 it's ok. I don't mind about cutting the post. I know I tend to post a long blabbering haha. The scene I was talking about is the one when they are on a horse looking at the sea. That's not the expression of someone who is in love and like being with her love one. It's not that Soo is not in love and happy being with Soo, it's just she got that sad eyes and look on her face. 

But I agree about her changes. She indeed has to change to survive.

@MadraRua yes, I remember about the concubine roll. The King likes her because she is smart, right? When will the 14th falls in love for Soo too in the C vers? Has he already falls when 8th ask for favour? I remember 8th can't do anything about this because his family is in the lower rank. Am I right? Gosh, I feel like I have to watch the C vers all over again but the 35 eps and all the throne hunting and political games is making me shudder. Hahaha.. Thanks for the help boo. :wub:

I try not to come into this thread because I read some heated debate about comparing the C-version and K-version whenever a neutral or -ve comment about K-version is posted :vicx: But I am glad to see the discussion has taken a more civil turn :) An adaptation cannot avoid any comparison and I for one, am not in a 'which is better' debate. BBJX was successful which is why there are adaptations, Comparisons cannot be avoided and help fuel interest for Scarlet Heart so I hope people can take a chill pill and enjoy the show and discussion. :lol:

-----------

@solelylurking During the Qing era, young ladies of noble families were called into the palace when they are of age. They go through selection tests. The "best" ones are sent to the Emperor for his selection to be concubines. The rest could be sent to serve in the palace or sent home. The prince friends of RX pulled strings so she will not be sent to Emperor for selection - they feared that she will be selected to be concubine which means she will never get to leave the palace (even after her husband Emperor dies). Unfortunately, 8th prince's wife also did some little pulling string so RX got sent to serve in the palace. 8th prince had intended for her to be sent home after the initial selection so he reprimanded his wife.

RX left an impression on Kang Xi, the emperor, because of her candid responses (she tapped on her knowledge of him through history) to his questions. I don't think he had any romantic interest in her but he did take notice of her. 

RX left deep impression on 14th prince when he witnessed RX's loyalty to 8th prince and 13th prince (several different incidents). The turning point for 14th prince was when RX knelt in the rain to beg Kang Xi to allow Lu Wu to accompany 13th prince in his solitary confinement. 14th prince asked RX why she is doing it and if she would do the same for him. I cannot forget his face when RX replied she's doing it because she had to and 13th would do the same for her :rolleyes:. 14th prince's affection for RX continued to be shown in how he helped her for the rest of her time in Qin dynasty. 14th prince's character in C-version is really :wub: I remember swooning over him so much :w00t:

For K-version, I still cannot figure out the power struggle for the throne from 4th and 8th's perspectives. Crown prince seems able person and favoured by King. It's only 9th and the Queen which are doing the bad deeds so far. Will need to watch how the script flows in later episodes.

cc @MadraRua  @qwenli @violet90

------------------

Regarding Scarlet Heart, can anyone help me :
- What is the name of the historical period in Scarlet Heart ?
- Is it acceptable during then for marriages between step-siblings ? I am :blink: about Wang So marrying his step- sister. Also, one of the princes, was it 13th ? having romantic interest for his sister-in-law 8th prince's wife - ok if they had something on before her marriage but that scene between them, I thought it wasn't very appropriate for 13th to do/say those things especially since Wang Wook appears to treat his wife really well.

Finally I want to say I am mesmerized by 4th prince Wang So... just that his character is a bit TOO tragic. 

• Like 11

@sunl0ver the time period us 941 and in Goryeo, hence the title Scarlet Heart - Ryeo.

@briseis thanks for the alert! I think everyone involved in the production are so pent up keeping their mouth zipped prior to broadcast but now that it's on, we are seeing so many pix. It's a good thing. :D

• Like 10

I'm having a good time back-tracking previous pages, reading very well written summary with spot on caps, reading all the insightful and thoughtful points drawn from the first 3 episodes and reading discussions on what to come especially the two critical questions ie 1) what could be the driving force (situation, condition, motivation, goal) for WS eventually go for battle of throne and 2) What could be the ending of this drama (reincarnation or other possibilities).

I was so glad that we've been discussing the plot in many other ways. I look forward to the re-edited version of first 3 episodes tomorrow. I wonder if there will be significant changes that might draw people to finally start liking the drama.

I'm one of those who are disappointed with how choppy the editing of episode 1. Something that I didn't see in Kim Kyu Tae PD's previous dramas. Close ups shoot is one of his signature directing though it was overwhelming this time around.

Comparison with BBJX is unavoidable and this might be one of the the reasons why Korean viewers (or rather K-netizens) throw criticisms as they had already thoughts in mind on how this drama would had been.

Yet I'm happy that the writer came up with something that we didnt expect though Episode 1-3 might have suggested that she's not building up the plot that easily understood. That's why in my opinion, the special episode aired 2 days before plays important role in feeding people with initial base to eventually can enjoy watching this drama. Unfortunately, there might be many people had their own ideas before watching this drama therefore they were disappointed by how the writer unravel the stories. 

Anyway, I'm enjoying the all the bad and good things happen in this drama and I really hope we all can reach the finish line with a big smile no matter how the end would be. I still have confidence that this writer would give us more than we had seen in the first 3 episodes.

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, kuanphing said:

Hello people...i'm curious when prince wang wook start liking haesoo.. is it before the new haesoo come? sorry for the weird question hahaha..

I don't think it was from before...he likes this 'HS'...coz she's open, simple, lively and indepedent   

• Like 3