[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

21 minutes ago, auntyem said:

Has anyone watched "shine or go crazy"? It told the story of Wang So and Wang Ok, briefly. Both were in love with the same woman, who was a Princess in that story. Wang So was married to his half-sister, probably this Yeonhwa character.  She loved him, but he didn't love her, but they had to be married to unite the Wang and Hwangbo factions.....political move. This is why I tend to NOT watch historical dramas, all the politics makes me dizzy! 

yes i remember it. Wang So in "Shine or go crazy" loved another woman too, her name was Shin Yoo but they separated in the end. And of course he was ended up with Hwangbo YeonHwa aka. Queen Daemok to unite the Wang clan and the Hwangbo clan, but the two had to experience a loveless marriage, the history was remained unchanged.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, louisawatson said:

i know, right?! and especially 3rd prince Yo drying his mother's hair.

That too! And still in the bathing quarters too, wasn't it? I'm not great with history, much less Goryeo history, but I would have thought it not allowed or frowned upon for him to be in there with her, even if he is her son. He's male and grown and she's female and the queen. Yikes. lol

• Like 10

Only 3 episodes but make me wait for the next ep... I love this drama.

I think IU is really suitable with the character hee soo, Hee soo is 16 yo (I think) and ordinary girl... so she must be not too pretty, not too classy and not too young but also not looking old.... her petite body also really suitable. 

• Like 6

@auntyem thanks for highlighting about Shine or Go Crazy. I will go check that out.

@louisawatson in those times the Princes are allowed to have multiple wives too because they could be Prince for a long time if the King doesn't dies.

The wife is usually from a prominent family with status to help the Prince but the guy is free to choose the concubines he likes. Its sad in that it spawn so much jealousy from the wife to the concubines who have the heart of the guy.

-----------

Anyway, am still abit sick about So marrying his half sister, and then there is the Oedipus thing going on with Yo n mum then a hint of some crush from 13th to wook's wife. Omo, no wonder the Korean viewers can't take it. Lol

It's a historical, it's a historical, I remind myself! If I go back in time, surely I wouldn't fall in love with anybody, toothbrush and paste are not invented yet then. Lol

• Like 11

1 minute ago, akinahana89 said:

That too! And still in the bathing quarters too, wasn't it? I'm not great with history, much less Goryeo history, but I would have thought it not allowed or frowned upon for him to be in there with her, even if he is her son. He's male and grown and she's female and the queen. Yikes. lol

not sure, but i guess so? the son is grown up after all. but i like to watch this kind of relationship. it's more interesting to watch. XD makes the character more complex. like oedipus complex lol anyway, since he got attention from her because she has ambition of making his son emperor, but that's different from affection. the mother is giving her actual affection to only her third son. this creates 3rd prince Yo and 4th prince So to desire affection from their mother. but because circumstances are different, So desires actual motherly affection while Yo unconsciously? desires something more. for now, since it's very subtle, i'm thinking that Yo doesn't know about his own desire toward his mother.

• Like 12

first time posting here, usually i dislike Saeguk but i love love love lee Junki and Kang Hanuel so it seal the deal for me. i feel sad for Wang So for what his mother threat him, and all the people around him treat him. cant wait how he open his heart to Soo...Prince 8th already fall for Soo charms so its going to be very nice how Soo reacted towards his interest on her.

I still find it difficult to remember which prince is which number. so far, i only know 4 prince..3rd is HJH, 4th is LJK, 8th is KHN and 10 is Baekhyun. And i think 13 is Nam Joohyuk and 14 is Jisoo?? is that correct ?

anyway, i hope ep 4 onwards the viewers will be appreciate by the story and can engage with it. and stop the BS about acting or the cast controversy. you cant please everybody, Its like i want to tell them "just shut up and watch" (famous by F1 DRIVER  Kimi Raikonen's word "just shut up and drive" comment hahahaha).

• Like 21

Here and there I've read a few people complaining about Hae-Soo and the 8th Prince's developing relationship despite that the Prince is married. First of all, back in the old days, Prince's got married to a bunch of women, either for their country, because they wanted too or to keep some kind of peace. He clearly didn't marry her because he loved her, he does care for her but there was another reason why they got married which we don't know yet. Also, how is it classified as cheating? He's just admiring her as of now, he hasn't made any physical or verbal moves on her (yet). Even then, it wouldn't exactly be frowned upon back then. Prince's can kind of do whatever. If you stop looking at the drama in your present view and think about how people thought then, it makes sense (to me, at least). SIDE NOTE: It is LOVE!!! Lastly, it's a drama, stop complaining, its getting annoying. Let the love lines be. Just enjoy the drama, please. I just want to see how Wang So falls for Hae-Soo and how Hae-Soo falls for him. But I also like seeing Wang Wook (8th Prince) and Hae-Soo together too. LET ME ENJOY. 

Thanks a bunch! xo 

• Like 20

1 hour ago, louisawatson said:

not sure, but i guess so? the son is grown up after all. but i like to watch this kind of relationship. it's more interesting to watch. XD makes the character more complex. like oedipus complex lol anyway, since he got attention from her because she has ambition of making his son emperor, but that's different from affection. the mother is giving her actual affection to only her third son. this creates 3rd prince Yo and 4th prince So to desire affection from their mother. but because circumstances are different, So desires actual motherly affection while Yo unconsciously? desires something more. for now, since it's very subtle, i'm thinking that Yo doesn't know about his own desire toward his mother.

Kind of out of topic, but since we're on the discussion of mother and son love, have any of you guys ever seen or read "The Tale of Genji"? It's where the prince falls in love with his step mother because his step mother looks like his real mother. It is actually quite interesting. Anyways, please excuse my off-topic subject. :D

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, mynameiswat said:

Kind of out of topic, but since we're on the discussion of mother and son love, have any of you guys ever seen or read "The Tale of Genji"? It's where the prince falls in love with his step mother because his step mother looks like his real mother. It is actually quite interesting. Anyways, please excuse my off-topic subject. :D

heard of it, but never read it. that's interesting.

• Like 7

About Wang So being adopted by the Kang clan:

History side- Wang So's mother (Queen 3) had five sons. The king married daughters from powerful families to secure their support for this newly founded kingdom. One of them was Lady Kang (22nd wife) from Shinjoo. She too had a son, but he died young. So Queen 3 let her adopt one of her 5 sons and it happened to be So. Because Shinjoo is close to Hwangjoo, some speculate that Lady Kang may have had an influence on So marrying the princess from the Hwangbo queen (Queen 4). At any rate, while it is true that So was adopted by the Kang clan, it didn't mean he was no longer a prince. The maternal clans were the biggest supporters for the princes and their claim to the throne. The Yoo clan (So's biomother's clan) was probably focusing more on Yo as he was older, and So gained the support from the Kang clan through his adopted mother and the Hwangbo clan through his wife. 

Drama side- it seems that So was sent to Shinjoo as a hostage (the scene of young Wang So on the wall), and the Kang clan wasn't really kind to him. His own mother hates him probably because the scar on his face reminds her of how cold her husband was and what she did to her son, plus he isn't likely to become king because of this defect (the special episode explained that Goryeo people valued looks). The Kang clan probably didn't value him either if they too thought he didn't have a chance to be king. For them, he was probably just a white elephant. 

• Like 23

Just out of curiosity, there have now been two mentions of a special episode. I don't use much social media and I lurked in and out of this thread before the episodes began airing, so I might have missed news of this completely... But... What special episode?? And where can I see it?

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

Just out of curiosity, there have now been two mentions of a special episode. I don't use much social media and I lurked in and out of this thread before the episodes began airing, so I might have missed news of this completely... But... What special episode?? And where can I see it?

I don't know if there are any subbed versions available, but there was a special episode explaining some historical background and things. You could Google "보보경심 려 달의 연인 미리보기" to find it raw.

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

special episode - after episode 20

3th September - Episode 1 - 3 (Director Cut/Edit Version)

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:

And in this version, Wang So is not married...at least not yet. I am already so full of spoilers with the original drama + historical facts but is better for you not to know... and probably many things will change. At the beginning of each episode they said they have taken a creative license from history. :)

Could you please clarify what does this certificate mean?

• Like 4

Just now, akinahana89 said:

If I'm not mistaken, this could be the one-hour special episode (Raw).

• Like 17

1 hour ago, ruizaio said:

About Wang So being adopted by the Kang clan:

History side- Wang So's mother (Queen 3) had five sons. The king married daughters from powerful families to secure their support for this newly founded kingdom. One of them was Lady Kang (22nd wife) from Shinjoo. She too had a son, but he died young. So Queen 3 let her adopt one of her 5 sons and it happened to be So. 

Drama side- it seems that So was sent to Shinjoo as a hostage (the scene of young Wang So on the wall), and the Kang clan wasn't really kind to him.. For them, he was probably just a white elephant. 

Thanks for explaining the background of So!

------------------

Back to the oedipus thing, I am not sure why they have to have the queen in a bath scene like twice? Is she supposed to be the female sex appeal of this drama?:lol: After all they got the prince in a pool so they need a woman in a pool too? :P

I decided to create a signature for some infor because I know its tough to back read sometimes.

• Like 15

3 hours ago, qwenli said:

@auntyem thanks for highlighting about Shine or Go Crazy. I will go check that out.

@louisawatson in those times the Princes are allowed to have multiple wives too because they could be Prince for a long time if the King doesn't dies.

The wife is usually from a prominent family with status to help the Prince but the guy is free to choose the concubines he likes. Its sad in that it spawn so much jealousy from the wife to the concubines who have the heart of the guy.

-----------

Anyway, am still abit sick about So marrying his half sister, and then there is the Oedipus thing going on with Yo n mum then a hint of some crush from 13th to wook's wife. Omo, no wonder the Korean viewers can't take it. Lol

It's a historical, it's a historical, I remind myself! If I go back in time, surely I wouldn't fall in love with anybody, toothbrush and paste are not invented yet then. Lol

So true, Haesoo will be trapped in a very hard situation.  I don't have any confidence that  Wang So will let her go easy in the end like Wang So in "Shine or Go Crazy" and 4th prince in Scartlet Heart C-Version could because our main hero is more obsessed with his girl than these two guys combined. But if Haesoo becomes his wife (i believe that Wang So will only want Haesoo and no other wives because he already saw what polygamy could do to his mother's mental state), the noble clans like Hwangbo clan,..etc... won't let Haesoo live comfortably, they may even attempt to assassinate her.

• Like 13