[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

okay first thing first...

the hate for this drama is coming from a lot of angle but to this extend?? no i don't think they deserve that.. yes the acting is lacking but the production team is equally to blame.. for a pre produce drama i expect more but its not like this drama is non watchable.. people making it so big of a deal but tbh its not that bad.. yes i will change certain thing but you have to remember that this drama actually cover Haesoo life from 16 to late 20 in 20 eps.. i think PD want to cramp as much as possible the introduction in 2 ep and move on.. but it backfire so yeah that a bummer..

but everything aside this drama is entertaining.. at least for me.. lol

also i want to point out again that this kind of drama is new for knetz.. not for me though cause i been watching cdrama since i was young.. it does't have the straight up love story between the leads.. and now Haesoo fall in love with a married guy that totally fine in that period Wangso been killing non stop for the right reason though.. because of this people tend to choose the typical love story rather a complicated one.. that's why MLSHR is famous internationally and damn 300 milion for 3 eps in china is HUGE number considering that this is Kdrama.. 

• Like 9

ok, so i mixed things up with Goryeo culture and Joseon culture.

early Goryeo emperor could have several wives and concubines because of politics (WangGun married a lot of wives to unite the clans), and later Goryeo emperor also had several wives and concubines, but it kinda got complicated because of Yuan dynasty influence. however, for others, they have one husband one wife law. but they can divorce and remarry easily. i think it probably was one husband one wife law for the princes too? also the women could have strong power and money.

Joseon can have one wife and concubines. the men hold strong power and money.

• Like 9

I was readinf the news on soompi and I  am really saddened by all the hate this drama is getting. Well, sure there are some editing mistakes in the second episode and the original story about why Ha Jin was crying and how she used to live in our modern days, is not really clearly delivered. But it is not that bad. I thought it will be revealed in the upcoming episodes I didn't had the feeling that I am watching an awful drama or something. I can not describe it as a bad drama. The cinematography, the chosen locations, the costumes and make up are really really really beautifully made in this drama. The acting of the leads is impressive and that's what made me like the drama so much. I watched episode 2 and 3 over and over again until they were subbed. This drama made me so addicted with just one episode subbed. I don't get why all the hate and negative criticism, that this drama is getting.

I feel so bad for the actors , specially IU she does not deserve all the hate she is facing right now. If there is something really not that great in this drama IMHO it is just the editing and not the actors or their acting skills. I hope korean netizens will give them a break. -_-

Moon Lovers FIGHTING :heart:

• Like 15

36 minutes ago, hiluna said:

@evok they gave him as a hostage because he is expendable , and his mother wanted him out of her sight. 

that is the complicated part. yeah queen hate him but what we see is Wang So is also one of her sons!..so why she hate him?especially him? yeah she chose him and tried to kill him..lets say ıt was her trauma and she randomly chose one of her childs but we see he never hated her mother so why she continue to hate her own son? I started to think maybe after that incident king acted so bad to her and she reflected her anger to Wang So like "you were the reason". or she hates herself whenever she see him bc she remember how she cut his own son face...anyway there need to be a good reason for her actions. 

I hope they tell the story more detailed at special episodes...

• Like 6

about Wangso and YeonHwa princess..

i think there definitely a sexual tension.. they both became adult and its been a long time since they meet..she the one that tend and care for him of course as a guy he will feel something even if its not love.. but her side is she totally love him more but here the problem lies in palace she been taught to survived she need power.. so if they married eventually they will became like 8th prince and his wife cause they lived in constant watching as like walking in thin ice and she will make sure that queen spot is belong to her.. there is no love but respect..

Haesoo is different story.. she care for Wangso but not blindly.. she know right or wrong and she point out to him.. she the one who actually dare to do that and that's why he fall in love with her.. i agree that Wangso already have a soft place for Haesoo even for now.. his face changed when she said there is nothing wrong if people want to live.. she someone that fighting to survived and he's the same.. they can relate to each other..

its scared me on how extend 4th prince will go when he fall in love.. you can see that even 8th prince is nice and all but when it came to Haesoo he really became a very scary person.. when he said is everyone here is belong to him you can see the smirk from 4th prince.. like he care about that.. that coming from a very calm person being in love.. when it come to lone wolf fall in love?? that scary thing... 

• Like 11

35 minutes ago, evok said:

but ıf you watch ıt again when she is sweeping his face, there was a lovers tension. I don't think he see her just as childhood friend that he wonder what kind of woman she became. and she is same. they are not like brother and sister who care each other. and even ıf she is the side who have a feelings..its also weird..they are brother and sisters...or maybe not! we can learn she is the daughter of kings second wife from her ex husband or smth. ıts still makes her princess bc her mother is the queen.

i'm a type of person who like to add fuel to the fire (oh the angst :D) so personally i like the idea you suggest about WS had romantic feelings for his sister-future wife :lol: But truthfully, even on his character profile which was released by SBS and in LJG's interview, they said that Wangso only loved one woman from his current life to the afterlife and it was Haesoo. The biggest different between Haesoo-Wangso and YeonHwa-Wangso is Wangso will be willing to bare his scar and his soul for Haesoo everytime he sees her in the near future episode when they stop bickering and grow closer while with YeonHwa he already told her to stop touching it.

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, uuugogirl said:

i'm a type of person who like to add fuel to the fire (oh the angst :D) so personally i like the idea you suggest about WS had romantic feelings for his sister-wife :lol: But truthfully, even on his character profile which was released by SBS and in LJG's interview, they said that Wangso only loved one woman from his current life to the afterlife and it was Haesoo. The biggest different between Haesoo-Wangso and YeonHwa-Wangso is Wangso will be willing to bare his scar and his soul for Haesoo everytime he sees her in the near future episode when they stop bickering and grow closer while with YeonHwa he already told her to stop touching it.

sure he won't fall in love to his own sister, even ıf she is not really blood related one.who knows! but like all drama lead guys who have past with another woman he also has a soft spot about her. maybe childhood crush that can't be really called as love! but feel like directors trying to give us hint as this two are not normal siblings like the other ones..he also don't want her to see the scar bc he don't want her to find him ugly. thats also tendency. and ıts obvious she has feeling to him. they way she watch him. thats weird. I really think she is not his sister even as half. otherwise koreans would give reaction to this. they react everything.

and you fox's stop giving spoilers! lol.. let us find the rest by following the story! 

• Like 11

This is everything you need to make sense of the characters in Scarlet Heart: Ryeo

33088142-bca4-4963-b539-1a743a1283dd.jpg

Multi-cast dramas can sure get confusing! We are here to help....

Eight princes, multiple princesses, and a fleet of royal advisors - Scarlet Heart: Ryeo sure has a power-packed cast. Last we counted, the drama has 18 characters in total. We don't blame you if you have been having trouble making sense of who is who. And to rescue you from all this confusion is this amazing chart created by a fan! Listing out every character and detailing their relationship to each other, we suggest you print this chart and keep it handy every time you watch this drama! 

Episode 3 is out now! 

source: DramaFever Blog:  

https://www.dramafever.com/news/this-is-the-all-you-need-to-make-sense-of-the-characters-in-scarlet-heart-ryeo/

lets make sure to thank them...

• Like 17

46 minutes ago, evok said:

sure he won't fall in love to his own sister, even ıf she is not really blood related one.who knows! but like all drama lead guys who have past with another woman he also has a soft spot about her. maybe childhood crush that can't be really called as love! but feel like directors trying to give us hint as this two are not normal siblings like the other ones..he also don't want her to see the scar bc he don't want her to find him ugly. thats also tendency. and ıts obvious she has feeling to him. they way she watch him. thats weird. I really think she is not his sister even as half. otherwise koreans would give reaction to this. they react everything.

and you fox's stop giving spoilers! lol.. let us find the rest by following the story! 

yeah i know he has a soft spot for his childhood friend-half sister. And It will be really interesting to see how he will react to the relationship between Haesoo and YeonHwa :lol: brace yourself the angst is coming :D YeonHwa is a mean girl so we all know that she won't stop hurting Haesoo especially if she knows that Wangso falls in love with Haesoo. But no matter what happens :rolleyes: Ruoxi/ Haesoo and us still have 14th prince :D:D:D just in case :D

• Like 8

Just now, uuugogirl said:

yeah i know he has a soft spot for his childhood friend-half sister. And It will be really interesting to see how he will react to the relationship between Haesoo and YeonHwa :lol: brace yourself the angst is coming :D YeonHwa is a mean girl so we all know that she won't stop hurting Haesoo especially if she knows that Wangso falls in love with Haesoo. But no matter what happens :rolleyes: Ruoxi/ Haesoo and us still have 14th prince :D:D:D just in case :D

I'm part of the small minority that didn't really like 14th prince in the Chinese version.... ah well.... hahahahhaha :lol:

• Like 4

Has anyone watched "shine or go crazy"? It told the story of Wang So and Wang Ok, briefly. Both were in love with the same woman, who was a Princess in that story. Wang So was married to his half-sister, probably this Yeonhwa character.  She loved him, but he didn't love her, but they had to be married to unite the Wang and Hwangbo factions.....political move. This is why I tend to NOT watch historical dramas, all the politics makes me dizzy! 

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

The director won't pan this frame if there's no connotation at all!

YES! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the director panning into that frame and the possible insinuations behind it. :phew:

@MoOnLoVeRz Ohh. Our princes and IU on Running Man?! YEEES! That's exciting! I'll be watching for sure!

9 minutes ago, auntyem said:

Has anyone watched "shine or go crazy"? It told the story of Wang So and Wang Ok, briefly. Both were in love with the same woman, who was a Princess in that story. Wang So was married to his half-sister, probably this Yeonhwa character.  She loved him, but he didn't love her, but they had to be married to unite the Wang and Hwangbo factions.....political move. This is why I tend to NOT watch historical dramas, all the politics makes me dizzy! 

I watched it. I, along with another writer, covered the weekly recaps on Soompi. ^^ I wanted to reference "Shine or Go Crazy" in some instances during discussion, but didn't want to bring yet ANOTHER drama into this. lol. We're already getting too many comparisons to other dramas. But yes, in SoGC, Wang So was married to Hwang Bo Yeon Hwa and they had children together, even if they didn't love each other. They barely even respected each other, especially during the struggle for power. lol.

By the way, though, Wang Ok was the old guy who wanted the throne. Wang Wook was the one rivaling Wang So for Shin Yool's love. ^^;

• Like 8

After many years of drama-watching, I still do not know/understand how actors, esp. actresses, are supposed to express surprise without their eyes wide-opened and mouth agape? So then, why are there so many negative comments about actresses being like deer-in-headlight when they are surprised? Not just towards IU, but many other actresses as well, eg. PSH.

Maybe someone can enlighten me how a surprised look is supposed to be without eyes wide-opened? A pic will help. I actually tried (seriously I did) acting surprised, and I can't do anything else other than each time my eyes wide-opened, and mouth as well sometimes (but of course, I never attended any acting/drama class, LOL). Give acting surprised a try if you haven't, and maybe share with us your findings.

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

After many years of drama-watching, I still do not know/understand how actors, esp. actresses, are supposed to express surprise without their eyes wide-opened and mouth agape? So then, why are there so many negative comments about actresses being like deer-in-headlight when they are surprised? Not just towards IU, but many other actresses as well, eg. PSH.

Maybe someone can enlighten me how a surprised look is supposed to be without eyes wide-opened? A pic will help. I actually tried (seriously I did) acting surprised, and I can't do anything else other than each time my eyes wide-opened, and mouth as well sometimes (but of course, I never attended any acting/drama class, LOL). Give acting surprised a try if you haven't, and maybe share with us your findings.

LOL. I'm with you on this one! My surprised expression is definitely, definitely a wide-eyed, deer in the headlights, mouth wide open look too. :P

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, auntyem said:

Yeah, WS did not end up together with the female lead, she went away eventually. He ended up married with his half sister. 

If this drama follow up the history, i will have to watch 2 version of WS with sad ending LOL

• Like 6