[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

i see a lot of people rant about 8th prince being married and fall in love with Haesoo and vice versa.. firstly the writer already tamed the story down if not 4th already have a wife and kid when he fall in love with Ruoxi heck 8th have 2 wife back then.. this is normal at that time of period and also 8th and 4th prince don't love their wife cause they married on political reason but they respect each other.. that's why i said in palace there is no feeling involved.. there no need to bash the storyline cause in early day that what happen.. 

in term of 8th prince.. he the scariest person tbh.. i mean we can see 4th prince nature as a very cold person but he hurting.. 8th is someone that plan carefully and laid his foundation.. its like a sly person?? in a good way to secure the throne... he want to be a king for his family too since his family is lower in rank than both 4th and 3rd prince family.. 

there is no good or bad people in palace cause there is no black and white.. its all grey and people fighting for their lives to lived in palace... 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, lisethvr said:

@meahri_1 Maybe we will see memorable scenes, long ago in Weibo was circulating a leaked photo of a scene from the drama, and it was speculated that it could be a bed scene between WangSo and Haesoo.

Thank you  @lisethvr!! I already ran through several different scenarios in my head, none of which are appropriate to share. :lol:

1 hour ago, valentvcd said:

Plot twist: Is Wang Wook-Haesoo or Wang So - Yeonhwa! NOOOOO!! :lol: sorry

BIG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...:sweatingbullets:

@Gabi Bros 

@valentvcd

DEFINITELY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:o

1 hour ago, irilight said:

Thank you everyone for wonderful updates.

Watch Lee Joon Ki-cking .....

@irilight Thank you. I always enjoy watching Joongi in his action scenes. :D

@minmar @cedarwood I can't believe I'm joining the weight debate now. I was always fine with Joongi's weight before. He always looked fit. But after watching that video and comparing his look back then to now, I can't help but like the sharper angles of his present face. And it's true...miahne. I forgot which of our chingu mentioned it. It seems like those sharper angles are adding extra 'depth' to his many expressions.

• Like 12

my favorite lines: 

you told him to kill me and you said you'd kill me yourself, I suppose have to do nothing?

Is it a crime.. to want to live?...  I think what HS said really similar with WS's conditions... so he just smile, and I am sure he surprised also.

people who give bad comments to this drama maybe they didn't really watch... 

• Like 17

1 hour ago, MadraRua said:

4th Prince Yinzhen indeed had ambitions for the throne but it wasn't until 13th Prince got locked up and Ruoxi was demoted to the the laundry house that he wanted to seize it for them so he could free both his precious people. 

I'm looking at the character description and it doesn't say 8th Prince has ambitions for the throne because of Hae Soo. It says he's a natural born leader. This we already know. He doesn't follow the lead of 3rd like most of the Princes around them but challenges him. He's also a very compassionate man. His lady said he's done these charitable work before so he's (in my opinion) already laying the ground work the throne. He's a savvy politician. That's what I meant when I said his purpose was more altruistic. I believe Hae Soo will become a factor but she is not one at the moment. I think he's always had political ambitions and as it says, will gather his people around him - 10th Prince, 14th Prince. 9th Prince etc. He'll need all their support and more to take the throne. Does anyone know what 'Wang Bo' refers to in the piece?

As far as 4th Prince, Wang So, is concerned - I don't believe he has political aspirations as yet. He's come at the behest of the Crown Prince to see who is behind the assassination attempt. I think there's some tie between the two. He's just looking for a way to escape going back as a hostage and in no way is he thinking of the throne for himself yet. I think he will want to seize the throne for himself somewhere down the line because of Hae Soo either directly or indirectly. I really don't think he wants to see 3rd Prince sitting pretty on it either. It'll be interesting to see his conversation with his mother. He has now abandoned the Crown Prince with his role in destroying the monk temple. Maybe she will barter love for him in exchange for helping the 3rd Prince. Who knows. 

Thanks for your interesting point of view.
Personally, i think the most important and also biggest spoiler parts is the last sentences that they wrote in the profile of two princes:

- Wang Wook's profile:

"In order to get Haesoo who let him to know about "love" and his feelings, he will make sure to win the fierce throne competition."

-Wang So's profile:

"When looking at Haesoo, who always nagging him not to ruin his life because of the scar, he started to draw and dream a completely different life"

So basically, because of Haesoo, Wangso could dare to dream of a completely different life. So what exactly does "a completely different life" mean? Does Wangso want to become the king and destroy his mother's dream when he thinks about Haesoo? Personally i don't really think so. "The different and better life with a happy family including a husband, a wife and children" is the only idea i can imagine right now from from that spoiler in Wang So's profile :sweatingbullets: Wang So always desires and dreams of family love, right?

And about Wang Wook, the profile said that in order to get Haesoo, Wang Wook will make sure to win the throne no matter how hard it is. Wow It's seem like our sweet-caring-and-charming prince will become possesive later, he will want to become the most powerful man in the country so he can take Haesoo away from Wang So's dream life and has the girl all for himself :sweatingbullets: that sounds so strange compared to his attitude now :sweatingbullets: or did he just hide his true color really good so that no one couldn't see it :sweatingbullets:

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, uuugogirl said:

So basically, because of Haesoo, Wangso could dare to dream of a completely different life. So what exactly does "a completely different life" mean? Does Wangso want to become the king and destroy his mother's dream when he thinks about Haesoo? Personally i don't really think so. "The different and better life with a happy family including a husband, a wife and children" is the only idea i can imagine right now from from that spoiler in Wang So's profile :sweatingbullets:

I think that for any prince, there will always be a part of them, no matter how small, that wonders if they have what it takes to be king, how the country could change and flourish under their command, and how it feels to have that much power in their grasp. For Wang So, he might not have ever stopped to consider it because he didn't think it was possible, due largely in part to the scar on his face. With Hae Soo's confidence booster, for the first time, Wang So CAN entertain that thought.

He would be accepted if he was king. He could live in the palace, rather than return to Shinju. He could have Hae Soo by his side. He could try to repair the broken relationship between him and his mother. He could try to fit in with his brothers. He could, finally, realize that the scar does not make him who he is, that his scar is not ALL that he is. He could show off his scar with pride - it's a battle wound, and though the journey was difficult, he made it and he became victorious. He could achieve the seemingly impossible dream. He wouldn't have to feel insecure and vulnerable and hide behind a mask.

This different life that Hae Soo would give him the courage to dream of is one of confidence, positivity, and self love. He would be able to embrace himself, all of himself, for the first time and be content. ^^

• Like 13

3 hours ago, uuugogirl said:

No, here are those scenes you talked about

That thing wasn't a baby, it was Haesoo's personal stuffs. I guess some one (might be the King, just like C-version) forced her to leave Wang Wook's house and came to the royal palace to become a servant. She also wore maid clothes in many scenes that showed in the trailer.

(The high-servant's mean face looks so scary :sweatingbullets:)

Oh I see~ Thanks for clarifying this! :)

Edited by LyraYoo
  • Like 7

16 minutes ago, uuugogirl said:

- Wang Wook's profile:

"In order to get Haesoo who let him to know about "love" and his feelings, he will make sure to win the fierce throne competition."

He will make sure to win the throne but it doesn't state that was his raison d'être to covet the throne in the first place. That's the distinction I'm drawing from it. 

• Like 9

youku preview for ep 4...

well the story is getting more and more interesting now.....

Spoiler

here we can see that 8th prince also have the dark side.. he show that when he protect the one he love.. damn i don't want to be in Haesoo position when Wangso and Wangwook fighting tbh.. 

• Like 10

@MadraRua aah.. Thanks for the info. I only remember bits and pieces of the C vers. And about the end, I think it will be kind of the same if they want a time jump, right? I just hope it won't be so tragic. Hiks. 

Hae Soo knowledge about the past is not the same as Ruo Xi but I guess the writer can make her remember a thing or two about history lesson. 

The look of Hae Soo in the long trailer is making me quite uneasy too. She looks like losing the light of her life eventhough she's with Wang So. So the depression is coming too here, I guess. If they also make her lose her child, I swear I'll cry a bucket. *sigh*

But despite all the bad aura in teh future, I look forward to see how those two men confess their love for Soo. They have the opposite style. When Wang Wook says 'Miss you every moment' with teary eyes and the way he shouts Soo's name in anger and despair, I too get a teary eyes. While So is all act less talk kind of guy. I mean he kidnapped the girl (although she willing to be kidnapped or not is still unknown). For a snow like guy like So to say 'I miss you' and 'We could run away' is something right? 

I'm looking forward to another info of bits and pieces of the C vers from you.. It's like taking a peep look to this verse although I know it's not the same hehe. 

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

The look of Hae Soo in the long trailer is making me quite uneasy too. She looks like losing the light of her life eventhough she's with Wang So. So the depression is coming too here, I guess. If they also make her lose her child, I swear I'll cry a bucket. *sigh*

sorry for cutting your post... :)

even when Ruoxi get together with 4th prince she became a lady that palace want.. because no matter how much she tried the force is too strong that she have to changed if she want to lived.. i think its the same with Haesoo.. she changed to survived and being with 4th is the only thing that keep she alive cause 4th prince know her the best and understand her.. 

that's why i think people judging Haesoo too much.. she still in mind set that she from future and don't know the circumstances that will happen when she enter the palace where nobody can be trusted.. that's why she will matured and act as a lady when story goes by..

• Like 10

21 hours ago, valsava said:

What I find odd is how long will WS protects the queen before he truly turns against his mom the queen..

20 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I believe, the killing spray for her sake marks the peak of Wang So seeking for his mother's affection. When he visits her after it, their conversation and her rejection again to aknowledge him as his son marks the end and the turning point in my opinion. He will be mad and devastated again. However, I don't think, he will turn against her immediately. I am more expecting that he meets Hae Soo just after his conversation with his mother. That's why he will get more interested in HS.

I think he killed monks coz they tried to kill prince...not to protect mother...as much as he would want her to love him and treat as his brothers...he won't tell she's behind it yet but he will be on prince's and king's side...i think he came to warn her...and i don't think her idea to put him on her side if she can't make him go away will work...she'll be pissed 

About WS...2 scenes broke my heart...when he came to see his mother and she treated him that way in front of his brothers... was beyond words...and his teary eye when king saw him instead of crown prince after atack...what a wonderful mother and father :angry:...his mother is selfish and evil, the way he hurt him and hate him is not acceptable for me...if she was so hurt when they lost their child and king wanted to marry again why didn't she try to kill the king or herself instead of a young  boy?!?!...she will alienate brothers who seems to get along really well just for her sake...i like that WS despite all of his past didn't grow up to be resentful twds his brothers...that smile when those 2 younger ones foolled around was really nice, even 8th prince was surprised and i think at that point he was glad to see him smile...and i liked it when WS protected his younger brother from HS...to be so cold, distant and cruel is just an act to protect himself...he has wounded but good heart and i know the more wellcome he feels in the palace we will see more of his warm side...when king asked him about his wound watching him with tender he was surprised and glad...just a little plus for the father

WS and Wook could have a great brothers relationship if there is not for HS...i prefer for Wook to get over it and be a man but it seems they intent to make him bad...well i can't have it all, right? ;)

I'm not sure princess is sincere...she's on her mother side and said already she won't go over that old grudge so easily...i think WS should be careful

HS...there is a saying: be careful what you wish for, it might fulfill...she wanted to vanish and to change things...and it happend...i feel sorry for her...what she's been through in the present time is really hard...like with WS seems all of them were against her ...scene after she returned from bath with WS and sees all those people waiting for her, Wook's wife sentence that all of the family was worried about her...she was moved very much...she felt really coming home...i was glad for her...Wook's affection twds her will insert turbulence in that household...his wife is not blind...don't think i like it

HS&WS :wub:...they both had hard past...they both r fighters...i like them together...as much as they bark at each other they always have something to say to each other...and the more of his pain and true nature she'll see the more she'll be interested, beside he won't stay still as well ;)...that scene when she wanted him to apologize and then hid behind uni and ran was funny :D

Can't wait for new eps...the more i watch it the more i like it :)

• Like 11

@uuugogirl I think Wang Wook possesiveness about Hae Soo has already showing at ep 4. He reminded So that he has nothing (including Soo) in his Wook's place. ALL are his people. Haha..

I think Wook is kind of similiar like So when it comes to love. He doesn't know it until Soo came. The relationship to his wife is not a lovey dovey one. 

If @MadraRua is right about (I'm sorry to use 'if' because we don't know the full story line of the K verse yet) Wook's ambition to take the throne than Soo is just another fuel adds to his wants, eventhough I'm not doubting his love for Soo. He is a crafty and intelligent man. It most likely he gather, used and play all his pawns from the beginning and holds his cards close to his vest. He can be under the radar because he is careful and knows how to play this game really well. Why he lose to So is going to be interesting. So has nothing for the basic, unlike Wook. 

Can anyone tell me why Hae Soo/Ruo Xi demoted to be a maid? Can one of the princes do something about that?

• Like 8

@solelylurking

I'm not an expert on Bu Bu Jing Xin but I'll contribute what I can. I'm sure there are more qualified commentators out there and I look forward to hearing their input too. 

I really hope they don't go down the baby route - that was a real tearjerker...  bad-atmosphere-onion-head-emoticon.gif That's one sure way to kill me nevermind all the angst of the OTP. 

Edit: 

I don't know if Hae Soo will be a maid yet, but with Ruoxi it was either serve the emperor as a maid  or be his concubine....Her name was included in a concubine roll call for the palace so the only way to save her from that fate was servitude of a different kind. 14th Prince got his mother involved to stop Ruoxi becoming a concubine, after 8th asked him for a favour. Don't know if it'll play out the same way again. 

Found this fanart on google. I don't think it's been posted before and there's no name to credit it with, sorry. I thought it was really prettyfairy-smiley.gifflower1-smiley.gifflower2-smiley.gifflower3-smiley.gifflower4-smiley.gif

Moon-Lovers-Scarlet-Heart-Ryeo-korean-dr

• Like 18

@violet90 it's ok. I don't mind about cutting the post. I know I tend to post a long blabbering haha. The scene I was talking about is the one when they are on a horse looking at the sea. That's not the expression of someone who is in love and like being with her love one. It's not that Soo is not in love and happy being with Soo, it's just she got that sad eyes and look on her face. 

But I agree about her changes. She indeed has to change to survive.

@MadraRua yes, I remember about the concubine roll. The King likes her because she is smart, right? When will the 14th falls in love for Soo too in the C vers? Has he already falls when 8th ask for favour? I remember 8th can't do anything about this because his family is in the lower rank. Am I right? Gosh, I feel like I have to watch the C vers all over again but the 35 eps and all the throne hunting and political games is making me shudder. Hahaha.. Thanks for the help boo. :wub:

• Like 11