[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

I am in the middle of back-reading and have not watched the SBS version eng sub but let me just say this one thing:

*insane mode* Imma wants to put mercury in Yeonhwa's bath. Girl, you already got to marry Wang So and you go so far as wanting him by dressing as Hae Soo and wearing that mask. So low, girl. I hope karma hits you back. 

*normal mode* I think I need to say a prayer before watching episode 18. What does this drama does to me? Poor my soul.

After this, I am going to marathon watching cartoon to cleanse my thoughts. Or some rainbow Disneyland movies. 

• Like 14

After watching episode 18, I have to confess that I am feeling a lack of emotional punch that I was hoping the next 3 episode (18-20) would give me particularly as the Soo & So fallout start to trickle down on them.

I feel the reason for this lack of emotional punch is the way that it feel like scene are cut here and there, particularly editing wise. There are too many incident I have myself scratching and although I love the SoSoo couple, with the ending near and hoping for the emotion, I feel disappointed in way. It may due to seeing the chinese version and I was a emotional mess when it was near its end. (Literally those 10 episode of the C-version is like a bawl-fest for me). Hence I feel disappointed I'm not getting the same heart-tugging. Crossing my finger that episode 19-20 will give it to me.

This probably may come off as a complaint but I feel it is more of a disappointment. I tried to accepted it, that from the start the drama is not perfect however it just feel a disappointment that builds and builds. Like the relationship with SoSoo. I love this couple and want to invest and feel the depth of their love but with the way the cutting, the time skip, and editing. I find myself not feeling their deep love . Don't get me wrong. I love all my SoSoo scene together but when it comes to love, I don't really find them on the same wavelength in how they feel about each other. I can see So strong love but with Soo, it have been hard. I don't blame the character. Again, the way the cutting, editing is what leaves me not feeling the depth of her love for So. I honestly expected her to fall in love with So and meet the depth of his love after his multiple sacrifice for her, particularly the sheltering her from the rain and Wook walking away. Honestly, that has feel like the turning point. But just right after that, it revert back to her waiting for Wook, placing her love on Wook as though his rejection from that rain was just a dream. And her outright rejecting So. Her feelings wasn't much question and then another episode has the time jump in which she has already started to fall in love with So. 

For me, I don't see the progress of that love that I could understand or feel her depth for So. I mean the drama did fine showing that progress of love that she has for Wook at the beginning but for So, there were just a cut and edit time jump and suddenly she's invested in her relationship with So. I honestly feel that is a cop-out. I see So progress in falling for her and loving her but I still find it hard for me to pinpoint Soo hence the slow fall out of episode 18 did not offer me an emotional punch as I want it to (even with the hurt confrontation she had with So who was hurt that she didn't understand his pain towards his mother). I mean for someone who is on pins and needle with So, knowing his future - when did she decided to follow King Taejo advise to live today and not worry about the future to accept So? 

And now with episode 18, it starts to feel like a rush and the editing isn't helping as it is expecting me to accept So as Gwangjong. The Gwangjong in history, the cruel king he is known as. I mean if I had seen So (as the So he was on episode 2 who killed all the people in the temple), then yes I can accept his behavior currently. But don't give me softie on the inside So from episode 4 or so til now to expect me to accept his violent behavior or so. 

But my biggest disappointment (aside from emotional pull I want from SoSoo) is the So and Wook conflict that honestly should had came into place long ago. I mean amidst the battle of the throne, at the core I feel is a battle of love between the 3. But Wook has been on the sideline too long to where now I really have no care for his end. But I do hope that with his end, there would be a realization from Soo that she is the catalyst in this tragedy, the catalyst to So's life.

I think that's enough of my disappointment. I mean I probably can give a list of how I feel per episode break down. No offense to anyone :) I had tried to give the drama the better of doubt (even Soo character). So until the end, I am definitely trying to accept the drama as it is, letting go of what could've of been and just accepting it as it is. That's it for me. Sorry for the long comment. I will see you guys next week for the finale before taking a vacation to Seoul :) 

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, kuanphing said:

can we have future scene in one episode, pleaseeeeee......

even it will be sad ending in goryeo, we deserve happy moment in the future (keep the lowest expectation).

what this drama did to me, i feel so heartbroken :bawling:

I really really really want it will be 1 episode about the future.

But I have to learn from past experience with this drama, lower your expectation

So you won't get hurt :cold_sweat:

13 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Back read to page 1582. I tried to copy paste the pic but wasn't succesful.

okay, thanks :)

• Like 9

I've collected my mental power and watched last ep. again.. Can anyone share views on these points? 

When WS proposed and HS rejected why he went on with his fave "I won't let you go, you're mine" stuff??   Is it that he thought she rejected because didn't love and want to marry him really much?? For me HS reasons are very clear from her words and I see she is unhappy about it, thus it's a sacrifice from her side, but... suddenly I remembered WS reaction when HS decided to go to palace to marry king TaeJo. He said if she didn't want it she should have tried to escape no matter what consequences would be. Did he expect her to say yes without regards to situation? 

BTW I find it interesting that it was HS who initiated BOTH confession and proposal. Would he propose and marry her himself? With all this pressure and political common sense..

And later on, he saw her beside praying rocks but didn't approach. Is it because he saw her smiling to CR and thought she doesn't care about wedding night?? Honestly I hoped so much that that night he will visit her and they will have it like their wedding night.. but another frustration :tears: he even didn't show up..

I will be thankful for any input) I need some logical reasons to help me overcome this angst

• Like 10

I've been meaning to ask this from a while back (but never got around to it): People won't mistake Soo leaving or going anywhere with Jung (even through marriage) as that she fell for him or her feelings for So have changed somehow, will they? And we're all aware that her "marriage" to Jung will be one of convenience and not because she has feelings for him, right?...:sweatingbullets:

I ask this because I see people in other places getting furious talking about Soo "ending up" with Jung and I'm like...what?

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Lyna said:

After watching episode 18, I have to confess that I am feeling a lack of emotional punch that I was hoping the next 3 episode (18-20) would give me particularly as the Soo & So fallout start to trickle down on them.

I feel the reason for this lack of emotional punch (like the chinese version) is the way that it feel like scene are cut here and there, particularly editing wise. There are too many incident I have myself scratching and although I love the SoSoo couple, with the ending near and hoping for the emotion, I feel disappointed in way.

This probably may come off as a complaint but I feel it is more of a disappointment. I tried to accepted it, that from the start the drama is not perfect however it just feel a disappointment that builds and builds. Like the relationship with SoSoo. I love this couple and want to be fully invested in them, like 100% but with the way the cutting, the time skip, and editing. I find myself not fully invested. Don't get me wrong. I love all my SoSoo scene together but when it comes to love, I don't really find them on the same wavelength in how they feel about each other. I can see So strong love but with Soo, it have been hard. I don't blame the character. Again, the way the cutting, editing is what leaves me not feeling the depth of her love for So. I honestly expected her to fall in love with So and meet the depth of his love after his multiple sacrifice for her, particularly the sheltering her from the rain and Wook walking away. Honestly, that has feel like the turning point. But just right after that, it revert back to her waiting for Wook, placing her love on Wook as though his rejection from that rain was just a dream. And her outright rejecting So. Her feelings wasn't much question and then another episode has the time jump in which she has already started to fall in love with So. 

For me, I don't see the progress of that love that I could understand or feel her depth for So. I mean the drama did fine showing that progress of love that she has for Wook at the beginning but for So, there were just a cut and edit time jump and suddenly she's invested in her relationship with So. I honestly feel that is a cop-out. I see So progress in falling for her and loving her but I still find it hard for me to pinpoint Soo hence the slow fall out of episode 18 did not offer me an emotional punch as I want it to (even with the hurt confrontation she had with So who was hurt that she didn't understand his pain towards his mother). I mean for someone who is on pins and needle with So, knowing his future - when did she decided to follow King Taejo advise to live today and not worry about the future to accept So? 

And now with episode 18, it starts to feel like a rush and the editing isn't helping as it is expecting me to accept So as Gwangjong. The Gwangjong in history, the cruel king he is known as. I mean if I had seen So (as the So he was on episode 2 who killed all the people in the temple), then yes I can accept his behavior currently. But don't give me softie on the inside So from episode 4 or so til now to expect me to accept his violent behavior or so. 

But my biggest disappointment (aside from emotional pull I want from SoSoo) is the So and Wook conflict that honestly should had came into place long ago. I mean amidst the battle of the throne, at the core I feel is a battle of love between the 3. But Wook has been on the sideline too long to where now I really have no care for his end. But I do hope that with his end, there would be a realization from Soo that she is the catalyst in this tragedy, the catalyst to So's life.

I think that's enough of my disappointment. I mean I probably can give a list of how I feel per episode break down. No offense to anyone :) I had tried to give the drama the better of doubt (even Soo character). So until the end, I am definitely trying to accept the drama as it is, letting go of what could've of been and just accepting it as it is. That's it for me. Sorry for the long comment. I will see you guys next week for the finale before taking a vacation to Seoul :) 

I understand you. I ranted the same thing over episode 17 though I feel episode 18 is slightly better, not as choppy and rush as episode 17. This has been my concern when they went draggy over the romance saga of Wook and Haesoo which lasted until episode 12. The meaty plot which is the battle of the throne and brothers rivalry being compressed in less than 10 episodes. The drama pacing has been so very wrong right from the get go. They should just limit Wook-Haesoo romance up to 6 episodes then allocate the remainder 14 episodes to place all the succeeding 3 kings after Taejo enough for us to see the motives development and characters transition especially on the part of Wang So and Haesoo. The way they worked on the drama was as if they have 24 or 30 episodes in place.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, mitheone said:

Despite the cray cray episode last night, I suspected that MLSHR will be able to break the double digit ratings.  It's good if they're able to maintain the #1 spot for Mon-Tues slot, but since they didn't, at least the cast and the fans can be content with the ratings improvement.  It would be nice if they could take the lead again next week, however, if they don't at least ending the series at a double digit rating is a nice way to cap things off.

A recent post by k_hanna. I'm not a fan of YH marrying WS but heck, they both looked gorgeous. LGJ is way too good looking!!! Is it just me or is LJG prettier than k_hanna in this pic? :D

No, he is prettier than Kang Hanna :D. It is so weird :lol:

• Like 7

Let us hope that WS will find out about YH evil deed in the next episode..I want to know what his reaction after knowing that he married the woman that try to poison his closest brother and cause his true love Hae Soo to get tortured that caused her to get sick...I bet he will regret this...

• Like 13

20 minutes ago, Rose34 said:

I am in the middle of back-reading and have not watched the SBS version eng sub but let me just say this one thing:

*insane mode* Imma wants to put mercury in Yeonhwa's bath. Girl, you already got to married Wang So and you go so far as wanting him by dressing as Hae Soo and wearing that mask. So low, girl. I hope karma hits you back. 

*normal mode* I think I need to say prayer before watching episode 18. What does this drama does to me? Poor my soul.

After this, I am going to marathon watching cartoon to cleanse my thoughts. Or some rainbow Disneyland movies. 

Wait a minute... Come to think of it, how did YH know about the mask? She spied on them and had them followed during their outing?

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, lyserose said:

I understand you. I ranted the same thing over episode 17 though I feel episode 18 is slightly better, not as choppy and rush as episode 17. This has been my concern when they went draggy over the romance saga of Wook and Haesoo which lasted until episode 12. The meaty plot which is the battle of the throne and brothers rivalry being compressed in less than 10 episodes. The drama pacing has been so very wrong right from the get go. They should just limit Wook-Haesoo romance up to 6 episodes then allocate the remainder 14 episodes to place all the succeeding 3 kings after Taejo enough for us to see the motives development and characters transition especially on the part of Wang So and Haesoo. The way the worked the drama was as if they have 24 or 30 episodes in place.

Definitely agree. I definitely think that if they had chomp the Wook and Haesoo romance down and have Wook involvement with the throne at an earlier pace would have been better. The way the editing (edit where it should be and editing / cut scene where it shouldn't be) have hurt the drama. I also understand that there is 3 kings after Taejo but can't we not have all the king be mad. Given that the king had multiple son and the succeeding of 3 son has so much palace intrigue, richness in plot that would be lasting for a longer drama. But given that the drama is short with 20 episode and the focus of brothers rivalry and a love story between HaeSoo and Gwangjong, it would've of been better in editing and plot writing.

Or in the other aspect, given that they're taking a creative approach - maybe they could push forth with the creative approach and create a king of unknown time etc (like Moon & Sun did).

But yeah, after letting go of some of the disappointment. I feel better. I'm just watching it with a passive mind unless the next 2 episode can emotionally gut me into bawling LOL. I mean I bawl more when Eun die. That scene had me bawling. I want to feel the same with our OTP. My finger is cross for next week! I did not go & prepare tissue for dry tears. I want wet tears you hear me drama god! LOL!

• Like 10

It's 09.18 A.M here in my side of the world and I'm in the middle of my class right now but I can't help thinking about yesterday's episode.

If I have a discussion with the writer (W) and The director (D) in a meeting room maybe it will goes like this.

Me : Character wise, those character you write are all epic.

W : Thankyou.

Me : But the praise ends there. Some of their growth are horrendous.

W : What do you mean? I don't have time! I think about the story for 35 or more episodes and they made it into 20 episodes drama what can I do? And it's the director's decision to choose what to show on the screen, so their growth got skipped a lot.

Me : Director, what do say about this?

D : Deadlines. I'm chased with deadlines what can I do?

Me : Sigh. This is a mess. Whatever. Now *flips paper* I have some complaints. Many people are complaining about the shift change in WS's personality.

W & D : What do you mean shift change WS always has this ruthless streak even in the beginning.

Me : I know he stays on character. I know that you tried to showed us that WS is very ruthless by slacing the horse, burning the trees, fighting the wolves, fighting the monks, lalala that makes him a very hard and kind of cruel character but then you showed us how he got humanities from knowing HS, and you just showed us cinnamon roll WS from then and suddenly in episode 17 you decided to show us ta dah his cruel streak is back without good transition. People get shocked of course. Though not me, I kinda love it.

W & D : .... We have no comments on this. Time. Deadlines.

Me : sigh-_- well, I just hope he won't have another shift change and goes ballistic on us by sleeping with YH when HS is still there. That is plain cruel to his growth.

W & D : We can't really assure you because in history......

Me : Screw history. Sleeping with his sister who unknowingly  poisoned him without his knowledge, while still being in love with another girl just because you get jealous suddenly when he seems like he doesn't really care at all in the past is just plain stupid. Please don't let him go down that stupidity path.

W & D : We can't assure.... 

Me : No. Don't give me excuses. I love him too much to see him goes batsh*t stupid. Now, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HAE SOO??? SHE IS SO CLUELESS and I can ignore the plot hole before BUT MAKING HER JUDGING WANG SO,  AND LEAVES WANG SO WHEN HE NEEDS LOVE&CARE THE MOST IS JUST PLAIN STUPID AND TOO MUCH. DOES SHE EVEN LOVE HIM?? DOES SHE??? Why is it that it looks like she is not putting any effort into the relationship, and only WS who is trying hard?? Whenever she is having a fight in episode 17 with Wang So looks feds up and leaves the room first, and she just gives up?? without chasing him??? HAHAHAHA*maniac laugh* where is the HS that said she will trust WS? understand him? hates to be apart from him?? WHY IS SHE KEEPS ON BREAKING PROMISES TO HIM?? 
Isn't Ha Jin supposed to be 6-7 years older than WS?? Apart from asking too much from WS to suit everything within her saint complex core, this is just plain running away from problem. If I'm Wang So I will also be fed up with her. And she is the main character? Where is her growth lesson? WHY? WHYYYYYYYYYY.

W : I leave the growth to viewers imagination. And HS said that it's okay for victimezed people like her to be selfish.....

Me : STOP. Didn't she learn what WS was through at the moment from YH? How much pressure he is in? At that fight they have about Jung, this is what she should do in this stage of story, IF she truly loves him :
WS gets angry and leaves the room,
HS chases him and kiss him senseless.
And then when he is back to puppy Wang So, she asks what happens, why is he like this suddenly? What's wrong? I don't understand. I'm stupid. I'm clueless about politics. Please teach me. Please enlighten me. No, sorry hyperbole at the end. But she should ask him what is wrong!!!

W : she is from modern time...

Me : *flips table, papers everywhere* screw this. I'll just watch gwangjong takes revenge on those snakes and give up on redeeming HS. Now she just cross my patience and I can't see her love as trascend time and space. *walks out. slams the door.*

meeting err.. ranting ends. LOL sorry guys just need to get this out from my system.

• Like 24

12 minutes ago, lyserose said:

I understand you. I ranted the same thing over episode 17 though I feel episode 18 is slightly better, not as choppy and rush as episode 17. This has been my concern when they went draggy over the romance saga of Wook and Haesoo which lasted until episode 12. The meaty plot which is the battle of the throne and brothers rivalry being compressed in less than 10 episodes. The drama pacing has been so very wrong right from the get go. They should just limit Wook-Haesoo romance up to 6 episodes then allocate the remainder 14 episodes to place all the succeeding 3 kings after Taejo enough for us to see the motives development and characters transition especially on the part of Wang So and Haesoo. The way they worked on the drama was as if they have 24 or 30 episodes in place.

I totally agree with you. But, I have to say, I made my peace with these problems. There is nothing much we can do at this point. All I want to do is take the emotional roller coaster ride and end this all.

I have to do that for my own sanity. Because every time I remember about the editing etc I always screaming "How could you.. How could you do this to us???"

I need to stop otherwise I might end up in mental institution :(

• Like 12

39 minutes ago, bitofmadness said:

So I think it’s safe to say that Jung is the one for her in this bloodbath era. The director is already drawing parallels between them with the protest scene from episode 18 and the rain scene from episode 11. They are stubborn. They are fiercely loyal (although sometimes they end up making stupid decisions but hey we are all human). They aren’t good with politics. They just want to be set free away from the palace to go on adventures. This is already a set up from the very beginning. Those scenes with Jung escaping from the palace at the beginning of this drama is a foreshadow. So please Jung, please just take her away from the heartbreak. And please bring her to a pond so she can drown, transport back to the 21st century and meet future So. 

This! ROFL! Thank you for that much-needed good laugh! You know, she could have just as easily accomplished that feat in Damiwon and the palace. Plenty of still water there :D 

• Like 11

9 hours ago, violet90 said:

its not about CR getting killed or the betray of her that make Soo goes mad with So....

the fact that So changing to a person that she did't know anymore.. you can said that she should being loyal and stay with him.. for what?????? for watching him being the ruthless KG or having her 10 years life being with someone that she does't know??

like i said KG changed because it what he must do to secure the throne.. its not his fault or even the writer.. being a king changed a person that is the price to sit on that cursed throne... so yes Soo did said she will never leave him but HIM as for So not KG... the one she loves is So not KG.. the one who drink poison , willing to die for her is So and not KG... 

the one that tortured CR is KG and not So.. the one who married for power is KG and not So .. the one that strip Jung from palace is KG not So..

Soo is leaving behind KG and not So... and its what Soo will write later on that man in her heart is So not KG... this line will explain why she leaving the palace as she leaving the man who sit on the throne...

about Soo proving her love..... she wiling to let So married another women and lived without a title and topping the ice sharing her man with the snake... she don't sacrifice her life but man she sacrifice her own heart and principle of life... she been nothing but support of him since he admit wanted to be a king but there is a limit person can handle pain and now Soo reach her limit and will goes all out to leave palace..

Soo breaking up with So mean nothing to KG.. he would never let Soo goes that's why WW will step in.. WW and WJ will try to make KG letting Soo goes and even if its mean making So hate Soo.. they will do anything to get Soo from palace and maybe that the right thing to do.. at this point nothing can mend So and Soo relationship except for death of Soo later on...

You really can read my mind chingu! Thank you for putting this in to words. 

The one scene that makes me feel so much betrayed by Gwangjong, is when he made a pack with the devil (yeon hwa) he promise her to consummate the marriage and make their son the crown prince if she betrayed Wook and her family. WAIT A MINUTE HERE! At this point, Gwangjong haven't got any clue about Wook-Soo relationship right? And he did this for what? His mere ego? Because Wook challange him during the battle of throne? Because of Mu? Moreover, in the preview we can see how Gwangjong 'throw' Hae Soo after know her past loved (FREAKIN' 7 YEARS AGO!!) with Wook. 

We cannot ask her loyalty to him because she chose to leave the palace (after all that grand gesture saying she will not leave So) while on the other hand So also back out from his words (about he didn't care her past love) and make a big fuss about it. Maybe we just need to except that So-Soo couple is just never meant to be together...

• Like 12

4 hours ago, ldwon4 said:

Everyone be hating on Haesoo BUT...

I think she has another reason for leaving WS/GJ, and that is because like everyone that's watching this show, she is sick of being in the middle of palace politics and the death of CR was the LAST STRAW. I probably would've wanted to leave with WS at ep 12/13 if I weren't taking the history into account...but seeing so many of the people she loved dying, so much betrayal, and now a person she loved who died and learning that she was betraying her, has taken a toll on her emotional and physical health. She did her part in history making WS the king. With her health getting much worse, she isn't expected to live that much longer with what she's going to have to go through next. She could not even marry Jung and just keep each other company and have a short living period of freedom before she passes away. Everyone be hating on HS for what she's doing to WS, but what would you do if you went what she went through? Would you have even lasted that long? I would've died A LONG TIME AGOOOOO.....

Hae Soo to Wang So: She is my strength, but she is also my weakness. She is the reason I breathe and keep living on. Without her, I would be nothing; anyone that comes after will have to get through me first, even if I have to die.

But even WS had changed after wanting the throne. After seeing the tyrant Yo ruthlessly going after WE, guyliner game got stronger kekeke. He wanted to right the wrongs of the late king, but everyone's bringing him down, especially with HS as bait. And with that, he fights fire with fire. He wants to kill anyone that gets in the way of restoring Goryeo to its proper place (?). The burden of being the king and maintaining it is a heavy one, also taking a toll on him. Of course, HS being there for him is helping him therapeutically, but the obstacles he's facing is making their OTP reach their capacity of how much they can handle. But looking at his position, his decisions are justifiable, given the circumstance (although some may not be fair to Soo). Once HS leaves, he will definitely become the bloody and savage monarch that HS and history know him to be.

And even everybody else has their reason for the decisions they make. We've seen Yo with his true TRUE colors at his deathbed, seeing that the things he did were to survive; same with Yeonhwa, Won (though I still hate him; I've always hated him the most out of the princes). CR did it out of blind love and a blind promise of marriage for Won. Wook originally wanted the throne to protect his family and HS. Jung kinda just resents So for bringing all this bad incidents to the palace and hates what has happened to his family. The only person we have not seen her real for her actions was Queen Yoo. She just savage and also was obsessed with power and King Taejo. But if you think about it, everyone did what they could to be where they are in surviving that cruel place. Everyone is human (except Queen Yoo is a devil and WS is a heavenly deity from above I love him so much).

HS has been the trigger/witness of the historical events that were meant to occur, and now her time is up in the next few episodes. Sad for this drama to end. If only Jealousy Incarnate gave their 4 extra episodes to MLSHR (like seriously, I like that drama, but they don't need 24 episodes to resolve all that drama).

Nice analysis! I agree with you.:)

After becoming a king, Gwang Jong should not have weakness and people around him keep using Hae Soo as a bait.

Yes, it's better for Hae Soo to leave. But I think her reason is  not  a rational one, I'm not liking it :(

It seems in the 18th episode she wants to leave because he has changed, became more heartless like what he did to Wang Jung and also has killed Chae Ryung brutally? Hae Soo seems like blinded by those things..She seems like only think of her own feeling and not Wang So's feeling. Wang So also feels miserable of his decisions . Hae Soo wants Wang So to always be Wang So, meanwhile being a king  require him to changed.

I think what Hae Soo wants is Wang So should communicate to her first before each decisions he will make. Then I'm sure Wang So's reign as Gwang Jong will only be in short time since Hae Soo wouldn't let him kill rivals or remove traitors. 

Hae Soo-ya, let the writer give you open ending with Wang So in the future BUT not in this era girl.... :tears:

• Like 7