[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Good episode but yeah... very sad as the inevitable looms large. The throne is truly a lonely place and to hold on to it is a terrifying task.

<a fantastic post - deleted>

See why I don’t take sides. ;)  ... (Well, maybe the writer’s side)

This 50somethingajussi feels almost exactly as you do about this episode, @40somethingahjumma :) .. I have also been quite unable to understand all the criticism of HaeSu and all the calls for her to become "more smart" (by which everybody means, less pure-hearted, the one quality that was her biggest draw to the men who fell for her).  If I were Wang So, I would understand her so much more than what most folks here seem to think he would.  In fact, I would be disappointed if I saw her NOT arguing for her friend and not being emotional enough to even go to full banmal on me (she was speaking in an utterly unacceptable manner to the King!).  It is to hear that kind of protest but have her later think and understand why I did what I did, that I would go sit down and tell her all the details of what CR did.  I would love her enough to know that I should ease off on my vow to not let her leave the palace and let her go if she wants - because I would know that she would not survive in the palace, and just hope to be able to see her in future too, keeping her in my heart as the one I always loved for how pure she was in her heart.  She doesn't deserve all this criticism that she isn't being smart. Not everybody needs to be. If they feel right in their heart, to hell with being smart.  The right feeling may be cause for sadness, but that doesn't make it not right.

Anyway, thanks for your post on Ep.18. It was fantastic!

• Like 16

23 minutes ago, cesar33 said:

I watched the international version and while i saw the SBS version in naver there are view scenes which not aired in the international version. I don't know why, but the SBS version is more complete than the international version.

Yes, it would've been nicer if the episodes were 15 minutes long or even 90 min/episode like variety shows......would've made ALL our live easier XD

• Like 5

1 hour ago, moonlover399993 said:

@deabakdramaSure why not, two is better than one. More manpower the better result! I'll clear my morning schedule and we'll time travel first thing! We'll wear something comfortable to move around and have some sort of camouflage to blend in with the palace people. We might as well take HS with us, she doesn't deserve it since she is literally dying. If he really does something so outrageous and vicious, ML is over for me. I will never look at WS the same again. He'll betray not only HS, but the rest of Eclipses. WS better prepare himself from a whole world of women's wrath.

@moonlover399993 Give me five...:w00t:... I like your phrase  saying that " prepare himself from a whole world of women's wrath".... :lol:

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, luci13 said:

Well, maybe we are in the minority who cheer for the new So that had been presented to us for the last 2 episodes. It might seem too sudden to some viewers but given that the faulty pacing and poor time jump we have gone through for the whole 18 episodes, his new side as a King is what I had been looking forward since the beginning of this drama.

And yes, you're absolutely right, we should view him in the big picture not only as Soo's lover. He's a son of a King and Queen, he's a brother to his siblings, he's a part of the palace. He's part of Goryeo.

I am too! I just feel bad for all the clans that are making it so much harder for him....many of his actions have been fair and just. Some may seem barbaric to Soo, but the ones who were punished committed serious crimes and criminals today are still punished with pretty gruesome methods (except for the corrupt ones bc those are tricky)..He's a very well rounded king, not as meticulous as Wook, but very sharp. But once he's with HS, he's an adorable cinnamon roll <3

• Like 12

So I was following the recap and officially, my heart dies. Period.

First of all, after reading all the posts and my friend texted me saying how heavy yesterday ep was, I was so afraid to watch it.

But I wish I can defend So. I always believe he can be extreme if he wants to. When he was too lovey dovey with Soo, I really can't take it. He is an anti-hero. He was abandoned to die as a young boy. He was cute and innocent before he got the scar and Crown Prince obviously love him, Jimong obviously was in a group with So and CP if not they won't be hanging out.

But all changed when that evil witch one of the kind mother leave a scar on his cute face. And she threw him away immediately after years of love. Along the way, based on history, there was a prophesy about So shedding blood in the palace. Maybe that time, they didn't pay much attention to it and the King believed he got the star of a King, so definitely, he was a favorite. But all went downhill with the witch.

Suffered from years of abused. He was starved for love and in came Soo. Changed him. He wanted to change and during CP's reign (Jimong said before that he will be above all but below 1 which is the king aka CP), he has a peaceful life. He doesn't really need to fight much unnecessary and he gained confident. He started to forgo the wolf side, and lived as a loyal dog to his master. That why he can be that adorable with Soo. While Soo, due to so many betrayed, shut her heart and the visions still lived inside of her.

But all changed when lion hair Yo appeared again. One moment of hesitation and So opened the floodgate and Yo became the King. Though as sad as his death is, all he ever want is his mother's love which So also wished for. While So has all the anger built inside of him and an inner vow of becoming the wolf who will kill everyone who gets in his way. If this drama gives us a clearer picture instead of time jump here and there, maybe we will know what actually happened to him during Yo's reign after the death of Eun. Obviously, the way the slaves were treated also strike his heart and thus he does wish to change the world.

The C version was too long and draggy but the K version was too short with very little thought of So. If we noticed, when he pushed away Soo, there wasn't any inner dialogue. While in some parts, there was inner dialogue of Soo that better help us understand what Soo went through before she took certain actions. For So, I believed many parts were cut, if not we will have a better idea why he did what he did. Being pushed as a king. His last lovey dovey act is with Soo which I doubted we will ever have it again. It was his last hope of his last humanity. He did all to protect but he also needs to kill all to guide his heart.

He is turning psyche because of how he was cornered, again and again, his love ones being away from him. I think the whole show, was sad and everything just fall because while Soo gave him a sense of humanity, the moment the CP died, he lost it all and killing Eun was the last act that pushed him to learn to pick up what he learned since young, to throw away the very thing he love to protect what he has to protect because all he want is survival and now he want a better world.

From the way he can burn Pat Pat, we should be able to tell what he is capable of. Ultimately, there is no healing as mentioned by LJG. I believe the only healing will come if GJ is there when Soo is dying and forgive her and she said she love him and then bang, they are back to 21st century with So having figments of the past memories and seeking the one who hunt his dreams. The healing of forgiveness, I think we deeply need it.

• Like 16

On 25/10/2016 at 10:12 AM, ktcjdrama said:

I believe there is hope, people.... If Namoo would even think of holding a final episode screening event for the fans, I.am.sure the ending will be a pleasant one. You wouldn't want to gather a mass of people who might go berserk at the end of an event, would you?

Agree... definitely they dont want to see sour faces & receive negative comments (comforting myself...:rolleyes:) or it may be bad ending.. that's the reason LJG is there B) to comfort the fans?!

• Like 12

15 hours ago, butterflysaga said:

Hmm.. This picture seems like another part of LJG updated IG this morning. I have no idea about the caption.. Anyone?

But there's screen projector behind them. Do they watching last night episode?

That pic is not update in his IG. Maybe one of the people in the picture. 

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, cesar33 said:

I think i agree with you about the reason So-Soo break up. If i can say, Soo is too selfish and childish. She doesn't really understand how to life in the palace and the most important thing is she doesn't know the burden of the king (maybe because she is not from Goryeo but still she already life there for a years). Gwangjong and Wang So is one person but if it is Gwangjong then he must act as a King and not as Wang So and i think that's why he become firm or even cruel just because to make his people accept him as their King (I think Soo is not understand this point or maybe she is not ready enough to face the fact that Wang So is now a King of Goryeo).

I had always become a supporter of So-Soo, but after yesterday episode i think it would be better if Soo leave the palace and back to the future otherwise she will ruin everything.

I hope the 2 remaining episodes will be more interesting than before and no more heartbreaking scenes pleeeaaassseeee.......

9 minutes ago, zachomel said:

Hi runitaaa, apparently we have the same thought about their break up. Was discussing with hubby right after done with EP18 (OneTV Asia version btw) that I always adore how So-Soo manage their conflict so well maybe because So is so straight forward in his life. But to see Soo decide to ask Jung help after CR incident is just not acceptable for me. 

Gahhh to many conflict to solve within 2 episode. Somehow my inner k-drama mind was telling me not to put my hope too high on the ending. But pls PD-nim let So-Soo be happy during her last moment in Goryeo (if they decide to follow the c-version ending) 

Hi @cesar33 thank you for delurking and giving out your 2cent. I always thought she never get the full extent on what burden Wang So must carry as king Gwangjong! As some of us already put into beautiful essays, first few years of new reign will be harsh as they will try to 'clean up the house' this also happen in c-ver where King YinZheng killed his long enemy and even previous king right hand man and that's what make ruoxi hate his action. But we cannot really see Gwangjong ruthlessness affect Soo directly, except with Chae Ryung burito incident. Hence I need more angst for them to break up (and by more, I mean WAY MORE THAN JUST JEALOUSY TOWARDS WOOK-SOO LONG FORGOTTEN RELATIONSHIP!!)

chingu @zachomel I am not gonna put any money into the happy ending, or even happy times in Goryeo era. Our last sweet moment was the mask carnival scene, and that's it! We must accept that maybe our So-Soo never meant to be together. As for Jung, Soo never know how Jung can help her escape the palace, she never knew it was for him to marry her. So it's not her fault for feeling super suffocated and want to leave this whole mess behind...

• Like 7

1 hour ago, minekas said:

52 minutes ago, butterflysaga said:

Hmm.. This picture seems like another part of LJG updated IG this morning. I have no idea about the caption.. Anyone?

But there's screen projector behind them. Do they watching last night episode?

I was just about to ask if anyone knew if he was filming something recently like an ad/cf?  She's a photographer so thought maybe he did something with her and that's his/her staff?

It says "I'm the only one not smiling.   I really liked our honest talk after yesterday's filming. #funandentertainingfilmingteam #seeyouagain"  

*edit* There's nothing on his official schedule but I don't think they were watching SHR because isn't that considered a "broadcast (방송)" rather than a "filming/shooting (촬영)".  Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 6

On 10/24/2016 at 7:12 PM, ktcjdrama said:

I believe there is hope, people.... If Namoo would even think of holding a final episode screening event for the fans, I.am.sure the ending will be a pleasant one. You wouldn't want to gather a mass of people who might go berserk at the end of an event, would you?

3 minutes ago, shairli said:

Agree... definitely they dont want to see sour faces & receive negative comments (comforting myself...:rolleyes:) or it may be bad ending.. that's the reason LJG is there B) to comfort the fans?!

Imagine if it didn't go as the fans though it would. No happy ending and no meeting in the future. The whole screening event will want their blood, in case of LJG I think they'll forgive him if he gives them hugs and some sort of group therapy every other week.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, redlion said:

Thanks God..... we have new BTS today.....

Hhhhhhhhh they had to repeat the scene/dialogue over and over again...... Joong Ki ssi, once you start laughing, you cant stop it haa..... :wub:

BTS are the BEST! They truly heal souls. :lol:

• Like 12

2 hours ago, fuyukoneko said:

Hoping that Wook tells WS that YH was behind plot to poison Mu after he finds out YH betrays him. Assuming she's involved with framing him for the dead bird. 

@fuyukoneko I don't think WW is going to tell WS that YH did it. If he tells WS, I might change my perspective towards WW who at least still remain conscience within him after seeing HS has being torture that much. Somehow, WS thought his mother was the one behind the plot to prison WM. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, junejungki said:

That pic is not update in his IG. Maybe one of the people in the picture. 

JG updated his IG a few hours of just himself with the same backdrop in the background.  I think that's she's referring to - that the picture looks to be at the same time and place and it appears so.  I would embed it, but I don't know hahaha

• Like 6

15 hours ago, moonlover399993 said:

Imagine if it didn't go as the fans though it would. No happy ending and no meeting in the future. The whole screening event will want their blood, in case of LJG I think they'll forgive him if he gives them hugs and some sort of group therapy every other week.

This part, really makes me laugh. Thank you. I badly need humour at this time. I feel so down and depressed after last nite episode. 

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, uuugogirl said:

I know someone has mentioned this before in this thread, but i think i have to do it again. There is a strictly rule in K-dramaland, the heroes in saeguk might have harem, concubine, but unlike C-drama's heroes who could have explicit scenes and freely giving favor for another women, there is only one true love for the K-drama's heroes (even LJG had to say it himself in his interview that WS only loved one woman until the end), they will never dare to throw a cheating scene between the hero and his wife/concubine that isn't the heroine to Korean audience's face, it will turn people off and there will be no turning back, no excuse at that point. :sweatingbullets: it will strongly affect the rating for sure. :sweatingbullets:

Oh God, let this be true. I can handle all the murder, the death, the betrayal, the marriage, every stupidity, even tragic ending

BUT I CAN'T STAND WATCHING WANG SO SLEEPING WITH THAT SNAKE B****

I've waited for years to finally find my favorit character in Kdrama. Please don't ruin this for me 

I BEG OF YOU, PLEASE, NOT THAT :bawling:

• Like 12

15 hours ago, cojulie said:

JG updated his IG a few hours of just himself with the same backdrop in the background.  I think that's she's referring to - that the picture looks to be at the same time and place and it appears so.  I would embed it, but I don't know hahaha

This is his IG.  I didnt see this pic in his IG though.

https://www.instagram.com/actor_jg/

• Like 2