[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

11 minutes ago, fathiayunia said:

@bitofmadness @moonlover399993 Speaking of HS emerging from WS's bathtub in the future, I suddenly remembered my forgotten ff and that I made some gif about it.. Ah, how I miss those less complicated happy times...

Here is the gif

How could you forget thos fan fic.  I command you to continue the ff, like instantly :blush:

Need so much healing pill for another heartbreaking ep. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, junejungki said:

This is his IG.  I didnt see this pic in his IG though.

https://www.instagram.com/actor_jg/

Lol I know what his IG is.  Like I said, it's not the exact same picture - but a similar picture that appears to be taken at the same place and time (look at his outfit and the projector screen in the background).

Here is the pic LJG uploaded.

Gnqsx1E.png

And here is the one the photographer uploaded.  Look at the background and the plant to his right (our left).  It was taken at the same place around the same time (before the staff were there I guess).

vBdA0Cf.png

• Like 16

On 25/10/2016 at 11:44 AM, antiherofans said:

They need to record LJG's self healing tape. So he can sooth us with his voice

I imagine something like this:

This is only a drama.

There is no need to get hurt

You are a strong, confident viewer

You will not get hurt

Release your anger

Forgive everyone in the drama

Forgive yourself

Everything will be alright

OMG, I start to lose my mind :sweatingbullets:

He should  You Tube or IG it & share with us, for our heart & mind for the last 2 episodes!

• Like 13

15 hours ago, cojulie said:

Lol I know what his IG is.  Like I said, it's not the exact same picture - but a similar picture that appears to be taken at the same place and time (look at his outfit and the projector screen in the background).

Here is the pic LJG uploaded.

And here is the one the photographer uploaded.  Look at the background and the plant to his right (our left).  It was taken at the same place around the same time (before the staff were there I guess).

hahahaha!! Ok sorry I misunderstood you.  yeah!! It looks the same sofa from the group photo. 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

Oh God, let this be true. I can handle all the murder, the death, the betrayal, the marriage, every stupidity, even tragic ending

BUT I CAN'T STAND WATCHING WANG SO SLEEPING WITH THAT SNAKE B****

I've waited for years to finally find my favorit character in Kdrama. Please don't ruin this for me 

I BEG OF YOU, PLEASE, NOT THAT :bawling:

I just hope that WS will find out about YH's involvement in the poisoning and that she was the one who disclose where eun was hiding. 

Even if the drama doesn't have a happy ending, at least it should show that people who did bad/evil things should face consequences. 

• Like 15

These what goes through my mind throughout the episode, let me recollect myself and reassess the drama again to write about the episode more objectively. Please be warned, it is erratic and crazy: 

Spoiler

LOLOLOL AT THE PEOPLE, ROYAL POWERFUL CLANS, WOOK FAMILY CORNERING WANG SO NO WONDER HE KILL THEM ALL, MANY OF THEM AS PER HISTORY. LOLOLOL WANG SO DO YOUR DEED 

OMGGGGG THE SCENE WHERE HAE SOO SAYS SHE CANNOT MARRY WANG SO OMGGGGG GIRLLLL YOU CANNNNNNN TAKE HIM AND CLING ON HIM GIRL YOU OUT OF PEOPLE SHOULD GET HIMMMMMM GIRLLLL WAE WAE WAE

LJG BOY THAT GUY CAN CRY 

OMG... AND NEXT SCENE THEY SHOW YEONHWA MARRYING WANG SO I THROW MY PILLOW IN DESPERATION…WTHHHHHHHH

THE INSTRUMENTAL ON THESE TWO SCENE OMGGG WAE WAE WAE

HATE SO MUCH THAT SCENE AND YEONHWA FACE AND HER SMILE DAMN SNAKE GIRL I HOPE KARMA HITS YOU BACK

SOSOO LOVE IS SO TRAGICC ME CRIESSSS

HAESOOO CRYING LOOKING AT THE QUEEN WADROBE WTH WRITER PD ARE YOU GUYS SADIST

ME WANT WANG SOO TO KILL THEM ALL SO SADDDD PITY HAE SOOO OMGGGG

YES WANG SO LEAVES THAT YEONHWA LEAVES HER, GIRL ACTING ALL VICTIM AND HURT WHEN SHE CROSSES LINE SO MANY TIMES IN GETTING WHAT HER WANT..GIRL YOU CANT HAVE EVERYTHING…WHAT A SPOILED PRINCESS…ME NO PITY OF YOU…BYE BYE GIRL

BOTH OF THEM ONLY CAN LOOK AT EACH OTHER FROM AFAR…T T

ABOUT WANG SO…HE RULE GORYEO WITH AN IRON FIST…ABSOLUTE MONARCHIST, AUTHORITARIAN…SO THAT PEOPLE WILL BE AFRAID OF HIM…SEPARATE LOVE AND POLITICS….IT REMINDS ME OF MACHIAVELLI ON A LEADER…IT IS BETTER TO HAVE LOVED AND FEAR FROM THE PEOPLE BUT IF A LEADER NEED TO CHOOSE, IT IS BETTER TO BE FEARED THAN LOVE.

OMG THE SCENE BETWEEN WANG SO AND HIS MOTHER….GOOD PERFORMANCE BY THE ACTRESS PLAYING QUEEN YO…I GUESS THE SCAR REALLY AFFECTS HER…

AND THAT SUN HAE IM OST I CAN’T PUT IT IN REPLAY DESPITE IT BEING A BEAUTIFUL SONG BECAUSE EVERY TRAGIC SCENE USES IT…HOW CAN I PLAY THE SONG….I WILL GO MENTAL REPLAYING THE DEATH SCENES IN MY HEAD

I THINK I AM GOING MENTAL WATCHING EVERY EPISODE IN THIS DRAMA SINCE EP 11….

OMG I WANT TO PUKE AT THE BURRITO SCENE…

HOW CAN HAE SOO LASH OUT AT WANG SOO LIKE THAT IT KINDS OF GOES AGAINST THEIR LOVE FOR THAT LITTLE SECONDS…

I AM GOING TO PUKE MORE AT YEONHWA MASK SCENE….I HOPE KARMA HITS HER BACK LIKE CRAZY…

OMGGGG HOW CAN SHE ONLY FORGIVE CHAERYUNG WHEN CROWN PRINCE MOO, EUN AND SD DIED IN THE PROCESS?

THE PEOPLE ONLY SEE WANG SO AS KILLING OTHERS BUT NEVER KNOW WHY HE HAD TO DO THAT….

LIKE GENERAL PARK, HAE SOO ALSO BAEK AH SCARED OF HIM….

I think the writer wants to show how we can misunderstand Gwangjong, there are so many rats and vicious people in the palace. How can he not clean the mad house? 

At this time, I think it best they separate…Hae Soo comes from modern thinking can’t accept all these…they are not fit with each other, not in this place and time.

Hais…me don’t know what the writer planning…

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Wait a minute... Come to think of it, how did YH know about the mask? She spied on them and had them followed during their outing?

I have no idea, but if I am to explain it, in the palace there are so many eyes open and ears listening. If you watch historical dramas, it is norm for powerful clans/families to spy on each other. 

• Like 15

53 minutes ago, riuenu said:

alright...yeorobun, just drop by and say, our happy pill BTS is sub!!!

Thanks IUteamstarcandy for it!!! nervous and tongue twisting much ya, So...kekekkekeke

Lol why did they translate 국밥 먹어싶다 as I want to go to jail?!  My Korean isn't great but almost positive that's "I want to eat rice soup" ...

• Like 13

1 hour ago, lyserose said:

Hi. I am glad we are on the same page with regard to the new Wang So. Same here, this is the Wang So that I have been waiting for, a smart king who could outsmart his rivals using his brain and not letting his heart clouding his judgment. Don't you agree that power is what making a man sexy? And here I can see a sexy Wang So, not full glory yet until he managed to control his cabinet but he is promisingly heading there. The thing is, one should not view Wang So all the time in romance context, instead should view him as whole, in a broader perspective. We are modern women and we all know well that love alone does not make the world go round. 

Uuh.. man with power in a suit (well, since this is ancient era so it's okay to omit the suit LOL) is definitely my thing :wub:

Yes! Yes! That's true, all kind of romanticism has to stop! he's a king now, so he has to be one, even in heart too.

In the preview, when he knew So will marry Wook, i can see pain and anger in his eyes, it gives me goosebumps really. Like i can actually feel the pain of being dumped (well, tbh, i DO know how that feels. Shame but true). LJK is a real deal in this case. Daebak! B)  

• Like 12

Guest maniac-moon
32 minutes ago, junejungki said:

The moment Gwangjong smell her, he knew immediately she was not HaeSoo. That YH snake.

YeAh.but HS will die and WS need replacement

13 minutes ago, junejungki said:

This part, really makes me laugh. Thank you. I badly need humour at this time. I feel so down and depressed after last nite episode. 

@junejungki Anytime, I think everyone needs a dose of laughter. I haven't watch today's episode, waiting until Sunday to watch it and then the last two episodes will watch it back to back. I can wait until those doomed episodes air.  I don't want to break my heart even more. Then I have the rest of the week to look like a zombie and have bloodshot eyes. I already have chest pains cuz of them. I haven't stressed like this for another drama, film, or jeezes for my finals. stress-onion-head-emoticon.gif They are really good at making us suffer. 

• Like 9

DRAMA RECAPS

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo: Episode 18

by HeadsNo2 | October 25, 2016 | 215 Comments

moonlovers18-00201.jpg

There are no shortages of bitter pills for Su to swallow this episode, and for the most part, she seems to base her decisions off what’s best for So and his fledgling rule. At the same time, his being king requires him to make some tough decisions, and Su has trouble understanding why the man she loves can’t always be benevolent. Basically, it just sucks to live in Goryeo.

Read details recap at http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/10/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-episode-18/

and my favorite comments on db :

12 nchoe October 25th, 2016 at 8:19 PM

Now I understand why Ms. Bang can’t have a child on her own. It’s her punishment for being such a terrible mother in her past life. She’s blessed with 4 sons, but she used them to achieve her ambition, threw them away when they no longer useful, and called one of them a monster when she’s the one who ruined his face. And now, Ms. Bang must fight over Ppal Gang with Ms. Gye. Woaaa… karma sure is no joke.

Anyway… goodbye Queen Yo. You won’t be missed. I wished they hadn’t used that Im Suhae’s though for her death though.

• Like 18

27 minutes ago, Evangeline Yang said:

So I was following the recap and officially, my heart dies. Period.

First of all, after reading all the posts and my friend texted me saying how heavy yesterday ep was, I was so afraid to watch it.

But I wish I can defend So. I always believe he can be extreme if he wants to. When he was too lovey dovey with Soo, I really can't take it. He is an anti-hero. He was abandoned to die as a young boy. He was cute and innocent before he got the scar and Crown Prince obviously love him, Jimong obviously was in a group with So and CP if not they won't be hanging out.

But all changed when that evil witch one of the kind mother leave a scar on his cute face. And she threw him away immediately after years of love. Along the way, based on history, there was a prophesy about So shedding blood in the palace. Maybe that time, they didn't pay much attention to it and the King believed he got the star of a King, so definitely, he was a favorite. But all went downhill with the witch.

Suffered from years of abused. He was starved for love and in came Soo. Changed him. He wanted to change and during CP's reign (Jimong said before that he will be above all but below 1 which is the king aka CP), he has a peaceful life. He doesn't really need to fight much unnecessary and he gained confident. He started to forgo the wolf side, and lived as a loyal dog to his master. That why he can be that adorable with Soo. While Soo, due to so many betrayed, shut her heart and the visions still lived inside of her.

But all changed when lion hair Yo appeared again. One moment of hesitation and So opened the floodgate and Yo became the King. Though as sad as his death is, all he ever want is his mother's love which So also wished for. While So has all the anger built inside of him and an inner vow of becoming the wolf who will kill everyone who gets in his way. If this drama gives us a clearer picture instead of time jump here and there, maybe we will know what actually happened to him during Yo's reign after the death of Eun. Obviously, the way the slaves were treated also strike his heart and thus he does wish to change the world.

The C version was too long and draggy but the K version was too short with very little thought of So. If we noticed, when he pushed away Soo, there wasn't any inner dialogue. While in some parts, there was inner dialogue of Soo that better help us understand what Soo went through before she took certain actions. For So, I believed many parts were cut, if not we will have a better idea why he did what he did. Being pushed as a king. His last lovey dovey act is with Soo which I doubted we will ever have it again. It was his last hope of his last humanity. He did all to protect but he also needs to kill all to guide his heart.

He is turning psyche because of how he was cornered, again and again, his love ones being away from him. I think the whole show, was sad and everything just fall because while Soo gave him a sense of humanity, the moment the CP died, he lost it all and killing Eun was the last act that pushed him to learn to pick up what he learned since young, to throw away the very thing he love to protect what he has to protect because all he want is survival and now he want a better world.

From the way he can burn Pat Pat, we should be able to tell what he is capable of. Ultimately, there is no healing as mentioned by LJG. I believe the only healing will come if GJ is there when Soo is dying and forgive her and she said she love him and then bang, they are back to 21st century with So having figments of the past memories and seeking the one who hunt his dreams. The healing of forgiveness, I think we deeply need it.

well said, and I totally agree with you @Evangeline Yang, C version was too draggy, but at least, we can see more time of the OTP together..K version is far too short...we lost our Wang So, in return, we got King Gwangjong..these 2 episode turn So character to Gwangjong like flipping table..I still cant accept the change of that..

I didnt backread, and I dare not backread...cause I know I barely survive while watching episode 18...many may blame Soo, why he wanted to leave the palace with Jung, and leave So, but....that what I tweeted last night when I watch episode 18, our So had long gone..and I missed him dearly...

• Like 10

57 minutes ago, fathiayunia said:

@bitofmadness @moonlover399993 Speaking of HS emerging from WS's bathtub in the future, I suddenly remembered my forgotten ff and that I made some gif about it.. Ah, how I miss those less complicated happy times...

Here is the gif

Ahaha I remember this. I was still a lurker back then, but this was gold! :D

Speaking of outdoor baths, your ff might come true. Let's say she wakes up from coma, decides to pay a visit to a jjimjilbang, but ends up going to the wrong gender bathhouse because she is not in her right mind yet. However, she then realises that she is in the wrong pool, but before she can escape she hears noises. She submerges herself. But she can't hold her breath for long...so she re-emerges again..and right there in front of her is the future Wang So. The End. :rolleyes: I'm going to keep deluding myself until the finale. Sorry guys. 

moonlovers2-00561.jpg

1041_spaland-2-628x240.jpg

• Like 20

2 hours ago, qwenli said:

just like to address point 1: I think the impact is always greater for those who watched live? versus watching after seeing viewer's comments?

point 2: ahh, yes that guy got a thankless, dirty job to do. 

point 3: well, its true, he killed his horse upon arrival in the drama. Its just that after 10+ eps of being HS's guardian angel, most people forgot and its the writer's fault for not reminding us that this guy grew up in the wolves even after he cleaned up and suits up.:phew:

I take your point about the impact which is why I always wait until I've seen the drama with subs before commenting. Maybe I shouldn't read comments before watching in future. ;) 

But I can't agree that the writer didn't remind us about So being the dog-wolf. I think that's been done all throughout the series especially by Yo and by So himself. That was also referred to by So himself last night. I even wrote an entire post about this on the weekend about So. Killing Eun, "stabbing" Yo is all a part of that persona.

Largely I think that So has been mugged by reality. He thought that once he gained power, he would be able to protect the woman he loved but their enemies haven't allowed them to catch a breather. To me his reaction has been largely understandable. He's angry for letting Su down again and he has to reinvent himself to deal with the realities of the politics around him.

Hi @liddi -- thanks for your post and for responding to mine. Always good to hear from you. :)

I suspect that the disconnect between the two actions isn't as jarring for me because I don't see them as any kind of disconnect. That So would show compassion for the forced labourers while practising the policy of cleaning the Augean stables with regards to the palace is something I'm not exactly surprised he would do. The latter is the sort of thing that happens regularly when there is a regime or government change to prevent a government from being undermined from within. Who's to say who is innocent in such situations? There are always spies even among palace maids. So it goes to the question of trust and self-preservation. Whereas in the case of the forced labourers, that's a passion project for So. It was his political platform so to speak for seeking the throne. He spent 2 years with these people up close and empathised with their plight and saw their suffering first hand. These people have nothing to do with the political centre but are social underdogs. I don't think it's all that different to all the bloody revolutions that's ever come before us. They always start off with the best of intentions of wanting to improve the conditions of the common folk and when they get into positions of power, the purges come. It's almost always inevitable.

I hope I haven't misunderstood your point this time. ;)

For me it's (sadly) Politics 101.

• Like 22

2 minutes ago, bitofmadness said:

Ahaha I remember this. I was still a lurker back then, but this was gold! :D

Speaking of outdoor baths your ff might come true. Let's say she wakes up from coma, decides to pay a visit to a jjimjilbang, but ends up going to the wrong gender bathhouse because she is not in her right mind yet. However, she then realises that she is in the wrong pool, but before she can escape she hears noises. She submerges herself. But she can't hold her breath for long...so she re-emerges again..and right there in front of her is the future Wang So. The End. :rolleyes: I'm going to keep deluding myself until the finale. Sorry guys. 

Man if only the production crew hired you or somebody who can come up with creative and HAPPY/SATISFACTORY endings, then the whole world can spin correctly on its axis

• Like 8