Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

59 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Big Question:

Why JM tell WS that something must have changed since 3rd wasn't meant to be the king??

So, I get the creative aspect of it that, 3rd was never meant to be the king but time travel changed something that led 3rd become the king..and THAT is the history we know about..

BUT WHAT CHANGED? And who changed it? Why did HS and us Know but JM didn't

So let me add to your question. I watched both the SBS and the international versions at the same time. In one version (unfortunately...don't remember which one), Soo came up to the tower...am not sure if she was looking for So or for Ji Mong. She sat at his desk for just a bit, and then she heard something.  So and Ji Mong then come climbing up the steps, at which time they have the conversation you mentioned above about something changing since 3rd wasn't meant to be king.

I was hoping at this point that it was the same scene, and not the 2 men coming up at a later time. Because if Soo was still there and hid herself...she would have heard their conversation and realized that So, like Taejo, knows that Ji Mong is different. It might change things if she knows that he knows (about Ji Mong...not her). Perhaps then, she might finally reconsider her unrealistic plan of trying to protect everyone.

EDIT: Forgot to ask the question. Did Soo actually hear their conversation??

• Like 13

31 minutes ago, Para12012 said:

I think that what cause the change was HS warning WW about WS. I don't think it's her relationship with WS that caused the change.

The fact that right after that scene we see WW repeating what HS told him connived me.

Also 3rd prince would not have been successful with the revolt if not for WW. Like WS said, he is not that smart to pull it off on his own. WW assisted him a lot. He basically did all the work. 

HS telling WW to be careful of WS shifted his personality in some way I believe and made him determine to bring down WS even if it meant siding with 3rd prince.

He doesn't want the warning to come true, he doesn't want WS getting the throne, anyone but WS, especially after he lost HS to him. Those are his thoughts. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not making excuses for WW's behavior and trying to blame HS. WW is savage!! But I do believe what HS said cause all this.  

Also i'm not sure HS knew 3rd prince would become king. Yes she had hre vision but she always kept thinking WS was the one who would kill everyone else. 

Oh on WW front i understand well..

I want my sweet revenge..someone go and count the error HS has made and make her realize how many people died totally because of her or will die totally because of her

only problem is she will start crying and become damsel in distress and WS, WW, Jung, BA, Eun (if alive) will come running after her.. 

She is pied piper

11 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

So let me add to your question. I watched both the SBS and the international versions at the same time. In one version (unfortunately...don't remember which one), Soo came up to the tower...am not sure if she was looking for So or for Ji Mong. She sat at his desk for just a bit, and then she heard something.  So and Ji Mong then come climbing up the steps, at which time they have the conversation you mentioned above about something changing since 3rd wasn't meant to be king.

I was hoping at this point that it was the same scene, and not the 2 men coming up at a later time. Because if Soo was still there and hid herself...she would have heard their conversation and realized that So, like Taejo, knows that Ji Mong is different. It might change things if she knows that he knows (about Ji Mong...not her). Perhaps then, she might finally reconsider her unrealistic plan of trying to protect everyone.

When it comes to betting on the probability of hS being remotely analytical or sensible or even doing 1+1 .. I won't make that bet :)

Unless she is talking abt makeup...I am not betting even a cent on her..

Its funny, but the mutual kiss was supposed to be epic romantic (LJK part was).. but that scene is all time best comedy scene for me..

WW and WS both send her 'simple' poems THAT she can' t understand. I rofl at her outburst "Stop sending me poems and give an answer that I can understand"

• Like 10

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Gwangjong_of_Goryeo

Life and Accomplishments

When Gwangjong, the third son of Wang Geon, came to throne in 949, he found that his position was very unstable. He had fought alongside his father and Gung Ye as they revolted against the Silla queen and then conquered Baekje and Goguryeo. The leaders of the royal clans were like warlords, each with a local power base in his home region, and each vying for control of the government. The military leaders who had helped to establish the Goryeo Kingdom were still attempting to dominate his rule and had ambitions to take the throne. Gwangjong’s predecessor, King Jeongjong, had tried unsuccessfully to reduce the power of various royal in-laws, including Wang Gyu and Pak Sul-hui, but lacking the support of the Gaegyeong elites, he had been unable to substantially strengthen the throne, or to move his capital to the newly constructed fortress at Pyongyang.

Gwangjong realized that his first priority must be to create a strong and stable government. Recognizing many similarities between his situation and that of Taizong of Tang (626 – 649), who had ascended the Chinese throne after helping his father to found the Tang dynasty, Gwangjong made a careful study of Taizong’s book Rules for Emperors (How A Ruler Should Act, Di Fan). From this book he acquired many ideas on how to create a stable government.

One of the first challenges faced by Gwangjong was to eliminate or reduce the power of his rivals, many of whom he imprisoned, exiled or had executed. He enacted a series of laws intended to centralize the state government. One of these, enacted in 956, was the liberation of slaves. During the conflicts among the various warring clans, many prisoners had been taken, and these were made to work as slaves on the estates of their captors. By restoring those who had been unjustly enslaved to their previous status as commoners, Gwangjong weakened the power of the local estates and increased tax revenue.

In 958, he initiated a system of civil service exams to select government officials (노비안검법; 奴婢按檢法) from among the most talented and intelligent candidates, regardless of social status or origins. Previously, government appointments had been made based on social status, family connections and favoritism rather than on merit, allowing many incompetent people to occupy top positions, and perpetuating the class system. The civil service examinations ensured a bureaucracy that would remain stable through regime changes. The system continued in use for 90 years, until 1894.

Gwangjong then selected a Korean era name, Junpung, Gwangjong proclaimed himself Emperor, a sovereign independent of any other country. This ended tributary relationships with China. Gwangjong’s successors were also known as Emperors.

Choe Seung-ro (최승로; 崔承老), a historian who served as Prime Minister to the first six Goryeo kings, including King Taejo, wrote a book criticizing Gwangjong for driving the kingdom into debt by being too obsessed with Buddhist activities, rituals, and public projects. He declared that the first eight years of Gwangjong’s reign had been peaceful, because he ruled wisely and did not mete out harsh punishments, but that afterwards, he had become a tyrant, spending money lavishly, tolerating corruption and executing anyone who opposed his policies of centralization. Late in his life, Gwangjong began to build numerous Buddhist temples; scholars speculate that perhaps he had repented for killing so many powerful people and wished to calm the resentment he had aroused.

anyone could tell me who is Choe Seung-ro ? the historian whose happen to be prime minister for the first 6 kings of goryeo? is he in depicted in MLSHR??? he seems hate gwangjong

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Big Question:

Why JM tell WS that something must have changed since 3rd wasn't meant to be the king??

So, I get the creative aspect of it that, 3rd was never meant to be the king but time travel changed something that led 3rd become the king..and THAT is the history we know about..

BUT WHAT CHANGED? And who changed it? Why did HS and us Know but JM didn't

Did Ji Mong say that the third prince should not have become King based on his version (aka before HS comes into the equation). That means that, as someone mentioned before in this forum, that history from how Ji Mong knew it got changed (by HS?) to the history we know today. But that doesn't quite make sense to me. It seems that Ji Mong knows that WS was going to become king, (WS has the star of a king when he was young; and learned about this the day he got his scar). However, with the assumption that HS was the necessary condition for WS to become king, without HS, it seems that WS would not have wanted to become king, which means that the history that Ji Mong knew it (before HS arrives) should not have predicted WS so become king. So the assumption that HS was the necessary condition for WS to become king is wrong. But I can't imagine him wanting the throne based on his character if HS was not there. OMG my head hurts....sorry guys...it's hard to wrap my mind around this...

• Like 8

I must say I am obsessed with the OST from this drama...all the songs so far have been amazing -- how can this be?? 

Also, I wonder why IU didn't sing for the OST? Or maybe she is planning to for a later release? I hope so, because she has a wonderful voice ^_^

• Like 11

GIF of clap and bang hahahaha!

I still finding my grab flip gif tho...

Credit to @iu_haneul

• Like 15

22 minutes ago, isengdoang said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwangjong_of_Goryeo

When Gwangjong ascended the throne in 949 at the age of 25,[2] the kingdom of Goryeo was unstable: to unify the Later Three Kingdoms, his father Taejo made alliances with powerful families, and, as a consequence, those clans were vying for control of the government.[3] As he witnessed the struggle between his brothers for the throne, he felt the need to consolidate the power of the king and rewarded all those who contributed to the progress of Goryeo, also making much effort to maintain good diplomatic relations with neighboring countries.[2] He studied Taizong of Tang's book Difan to better understand what to do, as he found many similarities between his situation and that of Taizong. After a regularization of tax rates in 949, he launched a series of reforms to promote a stable and royal-centered political system, and to expand economy and military.[3]

His first reform was in 956, when he weakened wealthy families by confiscating private slaves through the law of emancipation of slaves (노비안검법, 奴婢按檢法, Nobiangeombeop):[4][5] this reform won his government the support of the people, as freed slaves were commoners taken as prisoners of war, and also helped the economy because former slaves now had to pay taxes to the state like ordinary citizens through services provided on the land or premises of feudal lords.[2][3] He then reorganized and expanded military to face the Khitan and Jurchen, building twelve garrisons along the northeast and northwest borders, and replaced lords in the capital and in the provinces with officials appointed by the crown.[5] In 963 he set up relief centers in the capital.

With the institution of the national civil service examination in 958 (과거, Gwageo), Gwangjong was able to expel from the court people from powerful clans and replace them with civil officials recruited by merit, giving everyone, not only the rich and powerful people, the opportunity to work for the state. The civil service examination was suggested to the king by former Chinese envoy Ssanggi, and was based on the Tang civil service exam and the Confucian classics.[5] In 960, he introduced different colours for court robes to distinguish officials of different ranks.[6] Other actions undertaken to reinforce the royal authority were naming Goryeo an empire and himself Emperor, thus ending tributary relationships with China; calling Kaesong the Imperial Capital and Pyongyang the Western Capital, and adopting the era name "Gwangdeok" (光德, 광덕).[6]

Gwangjong's reforms were badly accepted by the nobles, especially by high military and civil officials who helped in the foundation of Goryeo; the king reacted by imprisoning those who dared to rebel against him and sentencing them to death.[2][6]

During his life, Gwangjong supported Buddhism, took capable monks as advisers, and promoted the construction of temples: he built the Yongjusa Temple in Cheongju, North Chungcheong, in 962,[7] and a temple in Cheongpyeong in 973.[8] He also created an exam for Buddhist priests, called Seonggwa, to link the government and the church, and tried to unify various Buddhist orders under a single one, but this latter attempt failed.[9]

just wanna post from our wiki... he's not that cruel afterall

You know what's funny is the Wikipedia page changed after SHR aired.  Prior to that, I guess there was not enough information from Korean portals or a lack of interest but it portrayed him differently as being someone who squashed his political rivals and created fear during his rule.  I had checked it before and after the drama aired and was surprised at the difference.  Kind of reminds me of Jang Ok Jung where it's loosely based on history but they paint the character in a different light to almost help you understand their downfall (though could be completely made up).  Archived version linked below.

https://web.archive.org/web/20151219100826/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwangjong_of_Goryeo

• Like 10

I have just watched the BTS of the recent kiss. It was so cute…specially LJG reaction to IU's "kiss" in the rehearsal. He really looked like a cute shy boy that is about to be kissed by his crush. Funny, yet cute. :lol: 

• Like 23

16 minutes ago, irene123 said:

Did Ji Mong say that the third prince should not have become King based on his version (aka before HS comes into the equation). That means that, as someone mentioned before in this forum, that history from how Ji Mong knew it got changed (by HS?) to the history we know today. But that doesn't quite make sense to me. It seems that Ji Mong knows that WS was going to become king, (WS has the star of a king when he was young; and learned about this the day he got his scar). However, with the assumption that HS was the necessary condition for WS to become king, without HS, it seems that WS would not have wanted to become king, which means that the history that Ji Mong knew it (before HS arrives) should not have predicted WS so become king. So the assumption that HS was the necessary condition for WS to become king is wrong. But I can't imagine him wanting the throne based on his character if HS was not there. OMG my head hurts....sorry guys...it's hard to wrap my mind around this...

my head also hurt..so what did i do is just enjoy every moment in every episode without thinking the logic..just watching hae soo n wang so..and try to understand the plot as much as could..:grin:

• Like 3

Here comes again JG for being a cinnamon roll to his co-stars in this drama.  146

And can't believe we are down to five episodes !  sigh onion head

From SBS facebook, the number of views are daebak victory onion head

• Like 24

1 hour ago, Siracusa said:

I just rewatched the part where Soo is talking to So and declines to share the whereabouts with Eun with him. I take back my previous post because i literally facepalmed when I rewatched this scene. FFS, Soo. Why do we still not trust So? It's not as if he hasn't proven himself over the past four years or anything.

This is exactly what I felt when I watched that scene. I can understand that at first she tried to hold them back from seeking help from So when Eun suggested it because So wasn't being honest with her when he didn't mention that Eun was the traitor he is looking for. However during their later exchange he come clean and even told her his plan is to help Eun escape. I hope that this distrust issue will play out to be a good element that will propel the story forward. Maybe have WS be mad at HS for a moment and continue pretending to be, then severe ties with her as a way to protect her from WY while he focus on getting the throne... or even better for YH to use it to drift them apart because only when HS lose WS for real then she will be able to come to her senses. 

• Like 10

dcce94d91d.jpg

I waited for this scene so bad! It was beautiful and yet everything else was one huge a** s*** storm :bawling:

I will forever cherish this moment.

On 10/10/2016 at 7:37 AM, skxz said:

I have to say I am glad that tonight's episode actually got aired because if I had to wait a week to find out what happens next episode I'd probably beg Yo to kill me in Soo's place.

That being said too much has happened and it's making me very stressed. Just when you think things are going right they go left. Seriously nothing EVER goes to plan.

And I hate Wook so much and all he did was speak 2 lines in this episode. I just can't deal with him. His face just looks like that of an evil person. Like what happened to the kind loving 8th prince?! I actually cannot believe I use to like you Wook. I SHIPPED you and Soo and this is what you give me in return. We are over. Yo is just the usual up to no good but it's doing my head in. Then there's Won and Chae Ryung like why what are you guys doing. UGHHHH. Why guys why!?!?! It's like there the tunnel that where you can see the light at the end and a tunnel which is pitch black and you guys go for that tunnel. Especially Chae Ryung you should know better! 

Reaction to Episode 14 released on time:

Expectation:

Reality:

The reality was so damn brutal and cruel. But that's the way life is, you get a few uplifting moments and you're also going to get a few moments of hell. We all have this sense of this impending doom but we're hoping to God that things will some how work out in this Goguryeo life. Maybe not in this life but in modern life, Hae Soo can be happy with her man Wang So.

• Like 15

14 hours ago, penelop3 said:

@hobeverly1212 Sorry to cut your post. Yes.. finally Jung will realize what kind of mother and brother he has. It'll be heartbreaking for him. 
Can I ask the C-version's experts, in the beginning 14th is loyal to 8th, but what changes? I know he's not totally over the moon about 4th, but he will accept him right? 
*nudge @violet90 @Akiddo 

@penelop3

That didn't happen in BBJX - 14th Prince was in the 8th Prince gang. However, 14th rose in power due to his war victories. Even 8th Prince was wary of 14th Prince as he became a real contender for the throne. That was also why Kangxi betrothed Ruoxi to 14th - 14th Prince was his favourite son and closest in terms of age to Ruoxi - he wanted her to be with the best of his sons. It was no surprise that 4th Prince banished him to keep watch of the royal tomb to keep 14th away from revolting. 4th and 14th was never able to settle differences - the issues were too deep rooted. 

The only person 14th Prince was true to till the end was Ruoxi. He also made friends with 13th Prince and enjoyed his company in his later years. 

For Jung - I am not sure if he could see that So was forced into a corner on many occasions by their mother and brother. But I think Jung will remain the thorn in So's heart for a long time. Jung took away his mother's affection which So craved for. Jung will also be the one who will take Soo away from So. Jung himself doesn't have much affection for So due to their different personalities. But for sure, Jung will remain true to Soo until the end and likely be the one to comfort and hold her till she passes. 

However, I do hope So/Jung relationship takes a more positive turn K version. In history, Jung became Daiwang - which was the highest ranked title after the King. 

• Like 14

This drama is torture!!!

I love HS and WS but their lovestory is killing me softly...

Uwaaaaaaa.....!!

• Like 13

This is what I am thinking..

last episode, she opens her eyes and she is getting CPR.. someone dived in and saved her :) 

Three guesses who :) .. and probably the scene ends there..

"Miss are you alright"

HS: repeat the quote from the rainy day when he protected you with his black cloak 

He alone stood there with...etc etc

• Like 7