[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

17 hours ago, kyar7jizhenll said:

@sooji28

@jerboa83 I beg to disagree with you regards to WW going beserked because of Lady Hae's death. He was already conflicted with his emotions that he kept hidden when HS was in danger from helping 4th. His beserking and hidden resentments of his life all came out ONLY when HS was arrested for poisoning CP Mu and when he realized the real culprit was his sister. WW was true to the words that he said to his mom and YH regards to his revolt and change in behavior relating to HS but it is just NOT 100% correct literally. HS was just a fire spark that ignited all the hidden fuel stored in his heart and mind. Losing HS was true ignition just not the real cause of him wanting to have ultimate power and vent his anger since those were there since long time ago.

You misunderstood my post. I didn't say that WW went berserk "because" of his wife's death, or even HS's "sparkle"... I said that Lady Hae had a positive influence on him, and until she was alive, he was able to keep his dark side in check. Without such a good person beside him, he started drifting toward the wrong direction... She was the cork of his champagne bottle (being shaken for too long). 

• Like 13

29 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

In European history you will find so little evidences of women. 

You read about them yes, those who really were a big deal, like Mathilda of Tuscany, Elisabeth l, and and, but how many history books tell about othe women kings loved, but coukd not have, deeds they did for country and religion, that actually fell thru the “inbetweens“?

In Europe monks were the only ones that could write (till Carl the Great made a decreed that everyone should be able to read, write and count, and even that did not include girls and was rudimentry). Anyhow, the monks wrote down history and as women are the source of all evil, they weren't mentioned if it could be avoided. Thoses stories that remained were either thru “mouth to ear“ or they had their own chronists and they colored in a lot.

So if Europe had it like that, than I bet Korea had a similar way.

Just the super wealthy had possibilities to read & write. But the Clan of the Park, might dislike the Lee Clan and they are mad at the Kims as they stole their cow ... mind you 3 generations later that cow is the favorite daughter of the ClanEldest and was raped by that Parks and sold to the Lees.

They “why WS was as he was“, is more speculation. As NO king would let historians write down “I told him so, he disliked it, but I threaten to kill his one true love“ ... then there might be a fire at one point ... most is distroyed and scholar Kim is told to recover as much as possible, just the documents where they mention HaeSo were classified and he had not yet seen them. So lovely HaeSo never came back to the archives ...

yep yep patriarchy! History was written by men and the roles of women often diminished or regarded as inconsequential. Erasure in history of the importance of women is a very real thing. 

• Like 17

I have a million things for work to do for this week, but this thread is just as addicting as the drama itself!  I saw these posts and I have to play too!  :w00t:

Favorite  WS/HS scene The Stargazing scene - when WS said it was "torture" for him... that really made my heart flutter.  Then it fluttered more when he tried to sneak kisses in and got scolded like a schoolboy. :wub: LOL
Favorite WW/ HS scene Same as others - when WW secretly hugged her while she was working.  That just came out of nowhere - I was just as surprised as HS!  
Favorite Scene involving a female character Right before Lady Oh died, she returned HS's line back to her - "I had something to protect and have no regrets."  I started crying non-stop.  The writer was genius using that line again!  
Favorite Scene involving a male character The scene when HS protected and hugged the 14th prince in episode 4.  OMG... the looks on WW and WS's faces... PRICELESS! :P  They did all the work but Jung reaped the benefits!  HAHAHAHA!  :D To this day, it's one of my favorite prince scenes.
The scene that made you fall/start rooting for WS/HS. The end of the first episode... when he saved her from falling in the river.  Yes.... this is as cliche as it gets when it comes to "prince" stories.  Yet... the little girl in me still swooned!  Then, it made me laugh when he dropped her like a sack of potatoes.  Very anti-cliche!  Loved it! :wub:
Scene that made you question your love for WS/HS.  Nothing so far.
Scene that made you fall for WW.  When he snickered at her when she was mixing the glue.  At that moment, I knew I liked KHN's 8th prince better than the original BBJX 8th prince.  
Scene that made you question your love for WW  When becoming the king was more important to him.
Favorite scene with the other Princes This one is a triple tie.  1st one - At Eun's birthday party.  2nd one - They all worked together to save HS from getting married. 3rd one - When the princes were trying to figure out HS's \^o^/ .
Scene you can point at as the one that irrevocably made you obsessed with the drama.  When HS found herself in the bath with the princes.  I already love time travel and goryeo stories.  So, I knew from the beginning this would be my next crack (and that I would come out of lurker mode on SOOMPI again.)  ;)
Your least liked scene.  Anything with the evil queen. I usually fast forward her parts.
Scene that made you saddest.  Right before HS was going to be hanged and she was desperately looking for WW to save her.  My heart bled for this poor girl. :tears:
Moist poignant scene. When HS showed WS his scar covered up with makeup for the first time.  He was finally free from the scar that plagued him so much.  It was a huge turning point in the story for his character.  And yet ironically it was edited out in the international version!  Are they freakin crazy?! Grrrrrr....!  :angry:
Scene that made you think/analyze the most.  When HS looked at WS at the rain ceremony and we saw the future king.  At first, I was like WHAT THE.... !  What was that?!  Then, a million thoughts stormed into my mind.  Not only HS had a prediction of the future, WE as the AUDIENCE had one too (of future episodes)!  AWESOME PLOT DEVICE!  I'll say it again... THE WRITER IS GENIUS!
Scene that made you anxious the most. When WW said to HS "I'll MAKE YOU come back."  So chilling....  What is he planning to do?!

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

You misunderstood my post. I didn't say that WW went berserk "because" of his wife's death, or even HS's "sparkle"... I said that Lady Hae had a positive influence on him, and until she was alive, he was able to keep his dark side in check. Without such a good person beside him, he started drifting toward the wrong direction... She was the cork of his champagne bottle (being shaken for too long). 

I was thinking the same lately. 

• Like 16

7 hours ago, millie10468 said:

a Favorite Scene Challenge 

• Favorite WS/HS scene - whenever they kiss. Regardless if it's with consent or none at all. :D
  • Favorite Scene involving a female character - (Lady Oh + HS) this equation i mean their scenes are so mother-y. Aside from that, i love them both. 
  • Favorite Scene involving a male character that is not WS - BA teasing HS about how come WS is still mad at her. 
  • The scene that made you fall/start rooting for WS/HS - in the first episode, when WS saved HS from falling. That scene started my addiction to them and to this drama. 
  • Scene that made you question your love for WS/HS - none. I don't doubt their love for each other. It's just that they have to do what they have to do. I hate the situation/s and all those people who put them in such situation/s. 
  • Scene that made you fall for WW - i am team WS even from the start. All the way. ;)
  • Scene that made you question your love for WW - not applicable. Pls see above answer. 
  • Favorite scene with the other Princes - all [(WM+HS) + (BA+HS)] scenes because they're brother-y. 
  • Scene you can point at as the one that irrevocably made you obsessed with the drama - scenes when WS steals a kiss. actually anything as long as they're kissing. The intensity is too much. Whether or not they're acting, it is too much. I am watching on my phone how much more those people around them. I bet they noticed something, too. 
  • Your least liked scene - anything with YH. I swear i just hate the character not the actor. 
  • Scene that made you saddest - when  lady oh was combing king taejo's hair. So much love. I really hope their love story will not be the same with WS and HS. I am really curious. Because it will redundant. 
  • Moist poignant scene - WS cried at the temple.
  • Scene that made you think/analyze the most - when jimong said that something changed. 
  • Scene that made you anxious the most - YH's  threat to HS that she will not forget and forgive her for refusing to leave WS.

Sorry for the short answer. But the gist is there. It's 8am here and been here for more than 2 hrs since i woke up. I gotta go empty my bladder and shower and prepare for work. The kids are ready courtesy of hubby. ;) Laters, moonlovers! XX :)

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, Artheusa said:

By the way, did you notice that while answering back to Yeon-hwa, Hae Soo insinuated that she intends to marry Wang So? :w00t::w00t:

Sorry to cut your post but YES! I was surprised considering how much she hates polygamy and WS is technically married already

• Like 14

On October 12, 2016 at 1:36 AM, wackeemarie said:

Woww, Jung Ki knows we are sad about the recent episode and makes an effort to try and comfort us through his post on Instagram. That's an actor that knows how to promote this drama. He really knows his English!! I wish I could meet him in person. He is such an awesome person for trying to comfort us. :bawling::heart: I am forever his fan. 

• Like 18

I'm  rewatching older episodes because this is what obsession looks like and it's the first time I've watched the show on the big screen now that I'm home and can I just say I am even more in love?? 

Also I miss Hae Soo's agasshi clothes desperately they were so pretty! 

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Artheusa said:

Add me to that list of people who want their lives back! Lol. I've been paralysed since I've started watching SC, and finally today my boyfriend scolded me to snap out of it. I told him I was cheating on him with the drama. He got pissed haha. You're lucky to have someone to talk about it, I got no one. None of my friends are interested in K-dramas, let alone obsess over them. I read all the comments on Dramabeans (yes, I'm crazy) and there're so many people complaining of the same thing; they're so invested that it's taking a toll on their everyday lives. We're all in love I imagine?

By the way, did you notice that while answering back to Yeon-hwa, Hae Soo hinted that she intends to marry Wang So? :w00t::w00t:

Edit: Omg I just noticed: that scene gives me serious Catherine de Bourgh vs Elizabeth Bennet vibes! "Are the shades of Goryeo to be thus polluted?"

Spoiler

My friends are not into kdramas. I tried to 'recruit' them but it's just not their cup of tea. I only have my husband as a listener actually. And this forum, too. 

A lot are into this drama. We only differ to the extent of our addiction (i only work 4 hrs a day, on leave mon-wed until the first week of november because I don't want to miss the live broadcast and yet i am here posting and reading) but we have one common denominator - we like/love MLSHR. This forum and twitter and IG are eating so much of my time. But i am happy to be inlove with this drama. And i know everyone is happy to be inlove, too. And that's all that matters. XX :) 

That YH-HS and Catherine-Elizabeth vibes comparison is so spot on! 

• Like 20

7 hours ago, millie10468 said:

Does anyone have a favorite scene that is NOT the fight-makeup/confession scene of Episode 14?

In the interest of finding out (Aand mostly so we can hold on till next week :bawling:), I recommend we do a Favorite Scene Challenge with the following questions:

• Favorite (2nd favorite, if the above scene was your favorite) WS/HS scene
  • So hard to pick 1 for any of these questions! I have 2 for this one though-When she first applied make up on him and stargazing scene:wub:
  • Favorite WW/ HS scene
  • Where she walked behind him in the snow...Visually perfect scene:lol:
  • Favorite Scene involving a female character (Queen Shitty Mom, Yeonhwa, Chaeryung, Lady Hae, Lady Oh, etc)
  • For me it is hands down the scene in the cave with HaeSoo and Lady Oh:tears:
  • Favorite Scene involving a male character (that is not WS :sweatingbullets:)
  • Hmm...this is quite hard.I'd have to say...the emoji scene.They were so cute and funny!:P
  • The scene that made you fall/start rooting for WS/HS.
  • When HaeSoo stopped WangSo from further destroying the rocks and injuring himself:wub:
  • Scene that made you question your love for WS/HS.
  • none
  • Scene that made you fall for WW.
  • Those moments when he laughes or smiles at HaeSoo's antics
  • Scene that made you question your love for WW
  • When he didn't stop YeonHwa from beating HaeSoo
  • Favorite scene with the other Princes (Mu, Yo, Eun, Baek Ah, Jung)
  • I already mentioned the emoji scene...OK another one was when HaeSoo was with them on Eun's birthday:D
  • Scene you can point at as the one that irrevocably made you obsessed with the drama.
  • I can't specifically point out one...the whole plot pulls me in:w00t:
  • Your least liked scene.
  • Whenever the villains are around...or when HaeSoo still clinging on to Wook despite knowing something is off with him...
  • Scene that made you saddest.
  • WangSo and HaeSoo at the prison cell and when Lady Oh was hanged:tears:
  • Most poignant scene.
  • It would be the two scenes mentioned just above again
  • Scene that made you think/analyze the most.
  • OMG...Everything!It's what keeps me thinking about this drama!
  • Scene that made you anxious the most
  • Since this recently happened...I'd have to say it is when Eun and SoonDuk ran out to where the guards are....:crazy:

• Like 15

3 hours ago, briseis said:

Happy 20th Birthday

Reveal hidden contents

“So didn’t know what to choose, so he wandered around. He ended up coming back with nothing or something like that.”

OMG! The bromance is going strong - NOW THEY ARE EVEN GOING FOR SHOPPING TRIPS TOGETHER, HUNTING FOR HAE SOO’S BIRTHDAY GIFT! I want to see that so damn much! Just imagine So wandering around -not knowing what to pick because nothing was good enough for Hae Soo in his opinion - and BA trying to help his favourite big bro out.

The best thing is that, even though empty-handed, he tags along with BA to wish her happy birthday, anyway (because he wouldn’t miss any opportunity to spend time with HS); and BA, the biggest SoSoo shipper in Goryeo is well aware why So didn’t by anything. Unfortunately his older brother is too embarrassed to admit that nothing was good enough for her.

Reveal hidden contents

“It’s just a court lady’s birthday. It’s a gift to have a prince here at all. What more could you want?”

I’m afraid you can’t give her the same present twice, considering you have given himself to her years ago already! It’s adorable how jealous So is of every smile HS gives to BA, as if he was secretly hoping she wouldn’t like his gift. And BA can only smile when they both start to bicker like an old married couple - and you have to wonder whether it wasn’t his plan all along, that smart matchmaker!

There is this little, subtle touch to the whole scene which shows that BA and So are the only princes who actually treat Hae Soo as someone who is precious to them, as their equal, AS A NOBLE LADY NOT A MERE COURT LADY - they both come to officially wish her happy birthday WEARING THEIR FULL REGALIA, which used to be worn only for official functions and meetings with the king.

Oh My..... here i'm in love with the bromance more than our otp... kekee

The combination of Wang So and Baek Ah is just wowwww >°<

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images
  • Like 19

I noticed in the preview for next week the scene where HS and WS are kneeling in front of JM and the in the kiss scene WS is wearing very simple clothes. Is it because he's in hiding or something or maybe because he's been hurt and being treated?

I remember LJGs instagram post his back scars were all shown. I don't think theyd 'draw' them if they weren't going to be shown. Any ideas? ... Ohhh how much i was WS to take a bath and HS to come out of the water!!!! But probably never going to happen..

• Like 16

17 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

I noticed in the preview for next week the scene where HS and WS are kneeling in front of JM and the in the kiss scene WS is wearing very simple clothes. Is it because he's in hiding or something or maybe because he's been hurt and being treated?

I remember LJGs instagram post his back scars were all shown. I don't think theyd 'draw' them if they weren't going to be shown. Any ideas? ... Ohhh how much i was WS to take a bath and HS to come out of the water!!!! But probably never going to happen..

Nothing ever happens in Kdrama head-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?129279377Should we get Anna Foerster of the Outlander series to direct ep 16 scene!! sigh-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?129279377

Kdramas are the cause and also the cure for the byuntae mind!!! yipee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927937yipee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927937yipee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927937

• Like 18