[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

36 minutes ago, shiraru said:

@yongwonhi4jfc @taehumama Thank you for your comments, I'm glad you guys like it! I also hope I can write more, it would be a good opportunity to brush up my written English, hehehee...:D

Also, I found this on twitter, it seems to be related to Hae Soo and Lady Oh? Would someone please translate this, pretty pleaaaaase? :lol:

It's just going over the scene between her and Lady Oh.  Ji Eun (Hae Soo) is actually very delicate, fragile, and pretty but she had to hold such heavy books as punishment.  But it was actually because Lady Oh was worried about her but after Lady Oh became sick, Hae Soo made her porridge to eat and put on a smile and Lady Oh's true feelings behind her actions were revealed.  Very rough translation based on what I could understand.

• Like 10

On 10/12/2016 at 3:39 AM, itzibitzispider said:

Another victim ....

... welcome welcome *dragging cancergirl87 along*

Take a cookie .... oh wait, no ... I ate them all ... hahahaha

@itzibitzispider Ah... yes... I have officially became a victim of the MLSHR's curse since ep 4 (no reason regarding the episode though, it was just after that, I invested a lot of my time to MLSHR until I didn't have enough time to follow other dramas :sweatingbullets: )

• Like 13

11 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

The colour of Wang Wook's hanbok has changed: it is grey/brown or even black so that the colour is reflecting his darkness. @solelylurkingused to describe Wang Wook as a wolf disguised as a sheep and now, I've come to think that Wang Wook should be more considered as a wolf disguised as a dog, while Wang So's nickname was the dog wolf. Wang Wook seemed to be loyal and nice, just like a dog in the earlier episodes. Here, Wang Wook is connected to the positive qualities of a dog, whereas Wang So was considered as a wolf with the bad qualities of a dog (his social low status). Now, the colour of their handbok is the same: black or dark colours (brown). But they have something more in common: Wang Wook and Wang So were born in the same year so that their astrological sign is the same. And now back to your connection: yes, the title would fit in here too because as time passes on, Wang Wook turns into a wolf, whereas Wang So has become the dog (in a positive way). It is difficult to distinguish them as friend or foe. Since the dog comes from the wolf, they still have some wildness in them so that a dog can become dangerous as well. Notice that Wang So will call himself a dog who will kill people in order to become free again. 

Striking is that Wang Wook and Wang So have a similar view about love and polygamy. Wang Wook has never had more than one wife, unlike his brothers Yo and Won. And it was unusual. Sure, it was an arranged marriage which unlines the difference between So and Wook. Then Wook might have flirted with Hae Soo, but he didn't want to marry her, while lady Hae was still living. If you think about it, Wang Wook has a similar point of view about monogamy, but he was just not firm enough to act on it. When he fell in love with Hae Soo, he realised that he couldn't marry anyone else... if he had to marry, then it would be only Hae Soo. But his ambition and greed were the brakes that stopped him from doing so. 

On the other hand, Wang So has and had the determination and the courage to show how much Hae Soo means to him, despise what the social norms were back then. No wonder that Yo makes fun of Wang So because of that: he insults Wang So and he compares him to an animal, just like @40somethingahjumma pointed it out correctly. Wang Wook has never showed this side of him to Yo and Won. They might know that there is something between Wook and Hae Soo, but not get aware of the deepness of his love for her.  

In my opinion, Hae Soo had an impact on both of them: Hae Soo could see the good qualities of Wang So (dog) and she could tame him, while the opposite happened with Wang Wook. She turned him into a wolf and like it is said, a wolf has only one mate. Everything evolves around Hae Soo.

As conclusion, Wang Wook and Wang So can be associated to the wolf and dog, both animals have positive and negatives sides:

- dangerosity

- freedom

- wildness: a dog can become wild and difficult to control too

- loyalty

- one love

- sense of family and honour: defend his people

- wolf is less bloodthirsty than it was described in the past

- Hierarchy system: alpha-beta / master - dog

Did this answer your question?

Then I would like to add something else: Actually the situation that is about to happen is really similar to this situation from the episode 7:   Yes, the birthday party! Yo used Eun and Hae Soo to hurt Wang So and it happened in front of everyone. This is exactly the same trap!!

The similarity is that Yo uses Hae Soo again, but this time the roles are reversed: Eun is the victim and Wang So the so called executor, while in the episode 7, Eun was the executor and So the victim. In the episode 7, Yo had set the trap and in the episode 16, Yo has again set the same trap. And Jung will be a witness too, just like the other brothers I guess. Hae Soo is again the leverage, however there is a small change: Hae Soo is well aware that she is Yo's tool to force Wang So to kill Eun, while she had no idea in the episode 7. What looked like a bad joke in the episode 7 was an announcement for the future incident which ends deadly. Back then, it ended with an apology from Eun, but this time Eun dies. 

scroll l pink mouse

@chi13lou @Claudia Koh @meahri_1@nonski

@UnniSarah@adijnpu @solelylurking

@fathiayunia @dramu51ch0c10ve @ktcjdrama

@syeramy @littleloony @Yongzura @valsava  @junee22 @evie7

Chingu @bebebisous33 The contrast between Wook and So are on point.  I noticed Wooks handbook we're getting darker as times go on but it also creeps me out that Wook seems to still be close to WY but not trusting him completely. I think Yo has become quite the fool because he is also being poisoned by Wook. I think Wook is poisoning him so he would abdicate to him. Yo is slowly going insane. I think Yo might still be jealous of So, because he still enjoys taunting him with Hae Soo. Wang Won is sure very loyal to Yo and I wished they would explain why he is so loyal to him. I can't quite get it because I don't think Won wants to be King. There is one thing I find very annoying is Won's reaction to when someone he knows dies and  being part of the cause of that particular death. Like when his father died he had that same reaction and I can't quite describe it.  I never once thought Yo had used HS when Yo used EUN's innocence to request his brother to remove his mask here comes the irony , He forces WS to kill his brother the same brother Eun humiliated.  After seeing the preview of next weeks episode, I am starting really pity Yo because in the preview his mom starts to fear him and that makes me wonder what she will do to protect Jung. Her baby and her favorite, who will she turn too and what will she do?? I fear , that richard simmons will go to HS and force WS to save his brother ( the one who who is still loyal to WW and who will never love him). This world is just to cruel to WS. I am soooo mad that he was dated to be lonely just like his father to protect the people who will never love him but will think very ill of him. Smh smh 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, millie10468 said:

Does anyone have a favorite scene that is NOT the fight-makeup/confession scene of Episode 14?

I really liked the scene where WS kept trying to kiss HS hahahaha.  But my favorite scene wasn't the confession/kiss, it was actually the boat ride.  It was just so beautiful with the way the light was bouncing off both of them.  They really, truly looked gorgeous.  It was a few minutes of eye candy for me :)

• Like 17

2 hours ago, qwenli said:

Yes, I think this chemistry between LJG and IU was an unexpected "variable". I think the marketing people was banking on the ensemble cast, the director who had previously worked with KHN was quite partial to Wook and this is still evident in the international version. 

And nobody, just nobody forsee the feels that LJG and IU would create.

Yes we have to credits to their individual acting, but acting skills can only get so far, if you really like your partner then its extra icing on the cake. I think most folks will think hmmm, a veteran historical older actor and a young idol singer, ok we just hope they act out their roles well, not expecting much from here. But turned out that LJG is a big boy at heart and IU is an old soul :D so no age gap feels here.

Perhaps also the pre-production of long months increase the interaction but its just a really nice bonus that there is chemistry. SBS knows what the audience wants, so the bts these days are all about Sohae.:)

I am with you 1000% on bold lines... while watching international ver i can clearly see WS has much lesser presence and attention than WW. And after getting all backlash and scolding after first three epi they got to know where lies their USP (LJK + WS-HS story ) and then the mastermove of re-editing. And i am glad finally they realized and made efforts to please audience by showing more of WS on screen.

LJK.. never acts of his Age ever in any of the BTS. I can say as his skin cant tell his age his heart is same...he looks young by face and is young by heart too... and hope he remains such happy go lucky guy forever and God blesses him with all good and best things in life to keep his happiness intact for a very very long time (Forever in other words...)

3 hours ago, riuenu said:
3 hours ago, Killa92 said:

You are not alone... I also keep thinking about MLSHR even at my workplace, while riding my motorcycle, showering,eating and laying on my bed. Hee 

oh man, we are all doomed! SHR trash..while u are thinking when u riding ur motorcycle, I am thinking while I am taking MRT to work...

same here... my life (days and nights...mornings and evenings) is all about SHR + LJK these days.... there is rarely a second of a day that I think anything else (wilingly..) but yes there is  a catch when its meeting or anything related to work I had to keep my SHR mode off for some time and as soon as its finished m back to SHR Zombie....i am not at sleeping for full hours from the day i hav started watchin SHR.

• Like 21

4 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

same here... my life (days and nights...mornings and evenings) is all about SHR + LJK these days.... there is rarely a second of a day that I think anything else (wilingly..) but yes there is  a catch when its meeting or anything related to work I had to keep my SHR mode off for some time and as soon as its finished m back to SHR Zombie....i am not at sleeping for full hours from the day i hav started watchin SHR.

sorry to cut your post @KdramaSwimmer,here....another SHR zombie here and still refuse to sleep, last night I can spam freely before I flying..suddenly, I not really excited over my Korea trip anymore, life of a SHR trash...luggage not pack, itinerary not planned, not going sleep, still hanging here...and working tomorrow ....plus flying off tomorrow as well...

• Like 13

On 10/12/2016 at 10:11 AM, kdramawriter said:

I also find it unfair that people are blaming Hae Su for not spotting the mercury poisoning earlier. King Mu wasn’t just a dude, hanging out in the bathtub all day by himself and Hae Su. She wasn’t the only one to see him. He had a trusted circle of advisors who would HAVE to notice and yet none of those people spoke up (that goes for you too Jimong, Baek-Ah, Ji Soo). If she HAD questioned the king’s sanity, she also would have been shut-down REAL quick. This gives creedance to my theory that Wang So was not in the palace for the last two years, or away for travel significantly so that Hae Su could not tell him her suspicions.

I noticed that she puts her hand in the bath to test the water temperature so wouldn't she get mercury poisoning also, and who else comes in touch with the bath water to clean it out? It doesn't seem like an easy way to poison him. I would think that after the tea poisoning incident she would be more wary and notice that the CP is suspiciously ill (he even mentions that it is after his bath) and not just lack of sleep. The palace doctors must be incompetent not to detect or notice the symptoms earlier.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, riuenu said:

sorry to cut your post @KdramaSwimmer,here....another SHR zombie here and still refuse to sleep, last night I can spam freely before I flying..suddenly, I not really excited over my Korea trip anymore, life of a SHR trash...luggage not pack, itinerary not planned, not going sleep, still hanging here...and working tomorrow ....plus flying off tomorrow as well...

Nice to meet you chingu.. another Zombie suffering from sleep disorder cause of SHR Addiction and LJK virus...lol.

I came from office and first thing i did was opening the thread and when i had dinner beside me, but i first scrolled through pages and replied then only started eating....

You are going South Korea...how lucky you are...its one of the top items to be ticked off in my bucket list but i have no idea how and when that will happen. I am just praying that God some day will open any path and way for me visit SK just once....

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

World Cup among 10.000 people? How do they do this survey? Park Bo Young is my favee! IU is my new favee! Yaaay!! So happy for both of them!! :blush:

@LyraYoo I kinda agree with you. We follow Soo's way of thinking and because she knew Gwanjong's history, she jumped into that conclusion. How ruthless he seems. Now that we know her vision may not aaall true, what's with Eun and SD's death (cross fingers), her vision of Gwanjong may also be misinterpreted. I think this is how Soo will look at him for the last time. Perhaps when she finally left the palace. 
Sigh.. this is going to be heartbreaking. :tears:

Totally agree too.  I think she takes those visions at face value too much and forgets the context behind them.  Earlier in the show, it had been established that in Goryeo, sometimes you had to kill just to survive and there wasn't anything wrong with trying to live.  I think she forgets this.  WS never wanted to become king, he just wanted to live and love and be loved but there's too many obstacles in his way now that unfortunately, he has to get rid of - but he's not looking for trouble, it just keeps finding him.  I think she should have learned from Yo's death how torn WS was about killing his own brother (albeit a jerk) that what happens going forward was never his intention, it's simply a means of survival and self-defense.  

Spoiler

I told myself to stop watching when I found out the Chinese version ending because I didn't want to set myself up for heartbreak but I can't tear myself away.  I really hope they choose an alternate ending because it is just so unfair to WS to have lived the life he lived and still end up alone (YH doesn't count!).  SOMEBODY GIVE THE MAN SOME LOVE!!

• Like 12

• Favorite WS/HS scene: The laundry scene! So much longing and perfect body language. Her concern for him, his concern for her. Pacing and cinematography were on point too. Even the scene after when she tells him to stay away is great too. 
  • Favorite Scene involving a female character : Lady Oh telling Hae Su that she's exactly like her younger self. 
  • Favorite Scene involving a male character (that is not WS :sweatingbullets:): Baek Ah and Hae Su drinking. Hilarious and there should be more scenes of this. Also the opening scene with all the princes in the bath sold me. 
  • The scene that made you fall/start rooting for WS: The horse meet-cute. So much friggin chemistry and Wang So looked amazing. .
  • Scene that made you question your love for WS.: Well, definitely the multiple homicides. That would make me question anyone. 
  • Scene that made you fall for WW.: I thought he was hot, but WS was already in my heart. 
  • Scene that made you question your love for WW: The calligraphy scene. 
  • Favorite scene with the other Princes (Mu, Yo, Eun, Jung): The marriage rescue with the Eun Decoy. 
  • Scene you can point at as the one that irrevocably made you obsessed with the drama.: I can pinpoint it to the horse meet cute, they were just so perfect. 
  • Your least liked scene.: All the Eun stuff. I can live with out. 
  • Scene that made you saddest.:  Lady Oh's execution. Whoa. 
  • Moist poignant scene.: The jail scene. But I'm anticipating SO MUCH WORSE in the next few episodes. 
  • Scene that made you think/analyze the most: ep 15, explaining to people why Hae Su was protecting Wang So and not lying to him
  • Scene that made you anxious the most:  Hae Su talking with the King and the King telling her she was from the future
  • Like 14

2 hours ago, emerald_2 said:

Sequel gone wrong huh? that's sad. > <

pretty much half of the cast change cause most of them were unavailable to do the sequel so there was alot of new casts which didn't connect with the other one. The plot was ehhh

For the past few days I been running in my head that maybe he did kill Eun but told them to fake their death in order to leave the palace. Cause I saw a pic of SD and I'm wondering maybe they didn't die afterall since SD looks pregnant in that photo...I mean they can fake their death with the help of WS stashing them but they wore an armor underneath just plant fake blood in there to make it look real. Then when their body is suppose to be buried BA will do a swap and take them out of the palace so they can runaway from each other. I know its a very slim chance of them living but i just hope that they don't kill an innocent prince who didn't want to be involve in the fight for the throne get killed >.< 

• Like 19

2 hours ago, millie10468 said:

Does anyone have a favorite scene that is NOT the fight-makeup/confession scene of Episode 14?

In the interest of finding out (Aand mostly so we can hold on till next week :bawling:), I recommend we do a Favorite Scene Challenge with the following questions:

• Favorite (2nd favorite, if the above scene was your favorite) WS/HS scene: The concealer scene where WS says 'Now, I am yours.' WS at his most vulnerable and most honest form. It came after him being scared and angry to go face the crowd. The level of trust this man placed on HS and the support/comfort he got in return was immense.
  • Favorite WW/ HS scene: Walk in the snow in the palace. The naive, innocent infatuation in its purest stage.
  • Favorite Scene involving a female character (Queen Shitty Mom, Yeonhwa, Chaeryung, Lady Hae, Lady Oh, etc) Has to be YH's declaring she will be more powerful than the king. Whether it was foolish or not is another matter. I was expecting so much more from her after that scene. But her character is after all is a supporting role.
  • Favorite Scene involving a male character (that is not WS :sweatingbullets:) Ji Mong crying over CP's dead body. We hadn't known how attached Ji Mong was to the CP until then. He has the same attachment for WS.
  • The scene that made you fall/start rooting for WS/HS. The physics defying rescue scene in ep 1!! 
  • Scene that made you question your love for WS/HS. None
  • Scene that made you fall for WW. I haven't fallen for him yet. I would say they wrote him perfectly. 
  • Scene that made you question your love for WW. I had scenes where I questioned my indifference for WW. I like him more now that he has become dark and will do anything to make HS come back to him. I hope he doesn't fizzle out.
  • Favorite scene with the other Princes (Mu, Yo, Eun, Baek Ah, Jung) Yo and the Queen's scene where he says it is more fun trying to tame WS than to send him away. Poor guy doesn't know what he started!!
  • Scene you can point at as the one that irrevocably made you obsessed with the drama. The opening shot of WS riding to Songak with the eclipse in the background. And the ones when he enters the city. Also I was ready to fall in love all over again with LJG!!! The episode 1 and 2 were high on style. The scale came down substantially after that. 
  • Your least liked scene. WH's intro scene. It was not something that made me curious about her. 
  • Scene that made you saddest. The King stumbling as Lady Oh is hanged. A man with all the power in the world can't save the one thing dear to him. Makes all the struggle for the throne look futile and silly.
  • Most poignant scene. The rain scene when HS is scrambling and WS is trying to hold her. At that point nothing makes any sense in HS's life. What a mess it was. I think that was the best scene of the series so far.
  • Scene that made you think/analyze the most. Ep 4 WS's scene with the king when CP wants him to stay on in Songak. WS says 'I will not be a son or brother, but a loyal subject." In the same episode you have his mother and father question his being. I wondered why WS wanted to come and stay in first place.
  • Scene that made you anxious the most. The scene between WS and Ji Mong after the crowd insults WS. Ji Mong says he can only lay the pieces and he can't force WS's actions. Ji Mong almost convinces WS. WS was ready to attend the ceremony. HS put the finishing touches and added the much needed confidence. 

My favourites I added in blue text.

I had so much fun figuring out which scenes stood out! Awesome exercise to kill time till next new episode!!!

• Like 21

2 hours ago, millie10468 said:

In the interest of finding out (Aand mostly so we can hold on till next week :bawling:), I recommend we do a Favorite Scene Challenge with the following questions:

• Favorite  WS/HS scene The mutual kiss of course, but i love the forced kiss too!!
  • Favorite WW/ HS scene When he took her out of the line and hugged her at Damiwon 
  • Favorite Scene involving a female character (Queen Shitty Mom, Yeonhwa, Chaeryung, Lady Hae, Lady Oh, etcYH talking to Queen Yoo after the posioning incident 
  • Favorite Scene involving a male character (that is not WS :sweatingbullets:) When Baek Ah held the dead King Wang Moo (Sorry I forgot his name when he becomes king) 
  • The scene that made you fall/start rooting for WS/HS. After HS and WE fought and HS run after WS and demand an apology , I love the way WS says HS name for the first time
  • Scene that made you question your love for WS/HS.  NOTHING!!
  • Scene that made you fall for WW.  When he took her out of the line and hugged her at Damiwon
  • Scene that made you question your love for WW  When he left her at the rain
  • Favorite scene with the other Princes (Mu, Yo, Eun, Baek Ah, JungWJ telling SD that he's in love with someone
  • Scene you can point at as the one that irrevocably made you obsessed with the drama.  WS and HS first meeting when WS rescues her and scoop her in the horse.
  • Your least liked scene.  Hanging of Lady Oh
  • Scene that made you saddest.  Death of King Moo for now but I know that would be nothing for what's to come.
  • Moist poignant scene. The rain scene
  • Scene that made you think/analyze the most.  Why Queen Yoo hates WS so much , no mother could hate your son like that
  • Scene that made you anxious the most. Will WE and SD survive...

I want to do this again after the end of the drama!!

• Like 14

18 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

Nice to meet you chingu.. another Zombie suffering from sleep disorder cause of SHR Addiction and LJK virus...lol.

I came from office and first thing i did was opening the thread and when i had dinner beside me, but i first scrolled through pages and replied then only started eating....

You are going South Korea...how lucky you are...its one of the top items to be ticked off in my bucket list but i have no idea how and when that will happen. I am just praying that God some day will open any path and way for me visit SK just once....

Nice to meet you too, haha, I just came back from somewhere near you this April, I think now is around 11pm over at your side right?

I am worst, trust me, open my eyes, check thread...first thing reach office, open my email, den on forum and check this thread, and first thing I reach home, on lappy and login here...lurking till now, finally my bed is calling me to sleep, and its already 2.15am here

haha, you will achieve your bucket list of going South Korea,chingu ya, hwaiting!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, cancergirl87 said:

@itzibitzispider Ah... yes... I have officially became a victim of the MLSHR's curse since ep 4 (no reason regarding the episode though, it was just after that, I invested a lot of my time to MLSHR until I didn't have enough time to follow other dramas :sweatingbullets: )

Spoiler

I can understand it in some extend ... for me some drama catch me with the first episode, some I see thru friends snips of further episodes and I am hooked
(This and Fated to love you - both the K-versions had me hooked after episode 2, I had to drag myself thru 4 episodes of "Marriage Contract" and "My love from the other star")

Edited by LyraYoo
OFFTOPIC-not related to drama
  • Like 8

Spoiler

I was just watching Angel Eyes and reading some news regard to it and I stumbled upon this.
I wonder if it would have been weird if LJK did decide to act in Angel Eyes. It would a great credit to both LJK and KH!

http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/01/weekend-drama-angel-eyes-courts-lee-jun-ki-to-headline/

Edited by LyraYoo
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, riuenu said:
Spoiler

Nice to meet you too, haha, I just came back from somewhere near you this April, I think now is around 11pm over at your side right?

I am worst, trust me, open my eyes, check thread...first thing reach office, open my email, den on forum and check this thread, and first thing I reach home, on lappy and login here...lurking till now, finally my bed is calling me to sleep, and its already 2.15am here

haha, you will achieve your bucket list of going South Korea,chingu ya, hwaiting!

Spoiler

its 11:50 PM to be exact right now... and thats exactly my schedule these days..

and you visited somewhere near my place thats cool... which country if I may ask ?

and i'd be the most happiest person on earth if God will grant my which to visit SK ?

Edited by LyraYoo
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:
Spoiler

its 11:50 PM to be exact right now... and thats exactly my schedule these days..

and you visited somewhere near my place thats cool... which country if I may ask ?

and i'd be the most happiest person on earth if God will grant my which to visit SK ?

Spoiler

hahaha, I came back from Maldives, it is near you right?

alright, I cant fight off zzzmonster...nights!

Edited by LyraYoo
  • Like 5