[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

3 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

I am wondering how is IU's boyfriend feeling :)

LJK quite clearly seems smitten.. not seen this in bts of other series :P

Even for IU.. i know she said it was love at first sight and that man is really intelligent.. BUT then kind of similar personality here :P

(PS: I do find IU hot.. by all standards)

The bf of IU in real life, sorry i don't know his name and i don't want to know his name either, should be alarmed of the overwhelming chemistry and extra sweetness and care between LJG and IU on the set during the filming. Because those actions mean A LOT. If i were him, i will ask IU, and i hope that if that happens, she will say she had a changed of heart and that she wasn't able to control herself but to fall for LJG. Sigh. I really hope that will happen. Really. :) 

• Like 22

Just finished watching the c-version of Scarlet Heart and here's my take:

I don't like the 4th prince at the c-version because at the end he's the one who turned evil and not the 8th prince.  The 8th prince is actually a good guy but too ambitious.  I actually love the 14th prince of c-version and seriously think that he should be the one who become the next emperor (and RX should love him instead of 4th prince).  However, history can't be changed and according to history, the 4th prince was a great emperor.

The k-version of Scarlet Heart has some similarities but is still different from the c-version.  I don't think WS will become evil but WW is the evil one.

• Like 20

16 hours ago, freckledbelle said:

I cannot count how many posts i read stating they want their life back. I couldn't agree more. My husband just laugh and nod his head and say 'mmmm' whenever i talk about this drama. I know also that he is being extra patient because i don't cook often anymore. Either we drive to a cafe or takeaways. Last weekend he cooked different foods then stored them in the fridge. He also called the cleaning agency last weekend and booked their services until the first weekend of november because i am not doing anything at home. He also read to the kids at night. Shame on me but this drama made me somewhat forget about my responsibilities. I just pick the kids and drive them to their next lessons. It's that bad for me. 

Ha! Such an understanding husband! When my SHR obsession started, I created a Soompi account in order to comment. I felt a little embarrassed so I didn't tell my husband what I was up to. One day I was writing a post and he caught me typing away and he asked what I was doing. I was so mortified that I tried lying by saying that I was on Tinder looking for a side piece. He took a look at my computer screen and just shook his head. 

Edit: just saw the Mod's request to keep posts related to the drama. So I will add that if So and Soo don't hook up in modern times, I will be so angry and heartbroken. 

• Like 19

3 hours ago, millie10468 said:

Does anyone have a favorite scene that is NOT the fight-makeup/confession scene of Episode 14?

In the interest of finding out (Aand mostly so we can hold on till next week :bawling:), I recommend we do a Favorite Scene Challenge with the following questions:

• Favorite (2nd favorite, if the above scene was your favorite) WS/HS scene

Actually I can't decide which of the 2, it's from episode 12 when the king forbids HS to say goodbye with the princes.. when she limped her way to that tower and talk to So > then the subtle goodbyes > stolen kiss > HS in voice statement > ofc LJG adorable smiles.

The other one was when So visits her at Gyobang not really sure what's the correct term for the place :sweatingbullets: HS brushed her eyes with So's clouded image.. then later stops as she felt the sense of So > So went for the I-miss-you-back-hug :wub: and HS not resisting for a while, god I know she's longing for him too :phew::wub:

Many hated the episode, but episode 12 is one of my favorites :lol:

Spoiler

Untitled.jpgUntitled1.jpg

• Favorite WW/ HS scene
    I might get stoned for this but it'll be this.. HS full of fury. (I'm sorry, if you mean romantic scene, I don't have one.)
    Spoiler

Untitled2.jpg

• Favorite Scene involving a female character (Queen Shitty Mom, Yeonhwa, Chaeryung, Lady Hae, Lady Oh, etc)

Evil Queen

When King Taejo, utters Lady Oh's name before he died.. Queen mother's defeat was priceless.

Lady Hae
    When she died at Wook's arms.. I know from all the heartache, last moment I think she felt comforted at least.

Lady Oh
    That certain moment when she told HS that she cares for her and the whole confrontation with the King

Yeon Hwa
    Tea poisoning scene, when she saved So by acting out by drinking the poison. I know it's not 100% for So.. but if she doesn't feel anything for So, I doubt she'll be forced to make a move. She's brave and wise.. I love her character as she is a badass female if only she isn't a villain.

Chaeryung
    So far none, I guess when the times when she confess everything and be filled with remorse and seek clemency towards HS. She's like Judas.

SD

When she purposely lose to Eun. *sighs* the love is so innocent yet so deep.
  • Favorite Scene involving a male character (that is not WS :sweatingbullets:)
    Ji Mong
    Bawls over Moo's death, reminiscing the good ol youth days.

King Taejo
    Handing his gift for WS through Ji Mong but was present in the location.

General Park
    Bird grilling scene with her daughter, it's a warm and cute father and daughter moment before sending her off.

• The scene that made you fall/start rooting for WS.
    Aside from the swoon-worthy moments, the complete broken WS confronting his Evil queen mother made me root for him unconditionally might be the Humanized Gwangjong or the Cruel Gwangjong.
    Spoiler

412412412.jpg

• Scene that made you question your love for WS.
    Context doesn't exist. I love WS entirely the moment he appeared on the screen :wub:
  • Scene that made you fall for WW. 
  • Scene that made you question your love for WW. 
  • Favorite scene with the other Princes (Mu, Yo, Eun, Baek Ah, Jung)
    Moo
    Eun's bday.. when he uttered to Yo, "You speak such words carelessly. Should I teach you a lesson why you should not?" way to shut the arrogant bastard's mouth.. and ofc brother-bear protecting his lil-wolfy-bro.

Yo
    Latest preview, when he's about to go nuts.

Baek Ah
    When she teased HS for not be able to please So's anger, so cute lol. who am I kidding I love all of Baek Ah's scene :wub: I'm a trash.

Wook
    When he revealed he committed treason with his family.. voicing bottled frustrations over the years with all the burden from his family. 

Jung
    When he lashed out against his Mother and Yo, for treating So like that.

Eun
    As much as I love his declaration of his love towards his wife upon breaking away from HS's hand..Of course, it's the confirmation of feelings from the bath scene.. "It would have been nice to live like this from the beginning" and wanting to start a family with SD. But I specifically love the certain moment in the spoiler tag.
    Spoiler

Untitled4.jpg

• Scene you can point at as the one that irrevocably made you obsessed with the drama.

tumblr_ocqg8o_SIUE1s8t96qo3_r1_400.gif

Cr:@LyraYoo

• Your least liked scene.
    HS being fooled by Chaeryung (Moo's death)
  • Scene that made you saddest.
    Lady Oh's death, Next episode Eun and SD till death do us part. and this
    Spoiler

414141411.jpg

Staring at this scene brings tears to my eyes, I can intensely feel HS's melancholy :tears: All credits to IU! B) this would be an iconic scene for me.

• Moist poignant scene.
    Rain scene as well!
  • Scene that made you think/analyze the most.
    Ji Mong! mainly why he's been too influencial in the palace, and why the late King Taejo isn't suspicious of him at all.
  • Scene that made you anxious the most.
    My poor Wang So, will have to go through another grief of stabbing his brother. :tears:
    Spoiler

sdadasd.jpg

• Like 17

Stupid me ... I had two windows open and got confused ... guess I should quite ;)

Ji Mong sat down with HaeSoo and WangSo. The matter could not be delayed. the King lost his mind and was a thread to everyone in court. Just this morning did he stab a palace maid, because the second cup of tea did not taste the same as the first. He thru a fit, that that girl was about to kill him. Even thought HS came rushing in, the deed was done. The girl lay bleeding on the floor and got kicked in the face, as she left spots on the kings shoes.
JM "I believe it is time"
WS "I just came back from a mission, how am I surposed to step in?"
HS "The king sees revolution everywhere. Even the small daughter of WM was sentenced to prison."
JM "We need a plan. Let's meet tomorrow at the astronemie tower. I will depart now, as it is late. HS remember to go straight back. Those corridors aren't save anymore."
HS nodded and got up. Right as JM opend the door, she felt WSs hand slide into her hand, Rough and warm. Oh how she had missed that hand.
WS "Upon a word Soo-ja"
JM nodded and closed the door behind himself.
HS turned to WS who still held her hand. His eyes were fixed on her rough small hands and his thumb strocked gentle over the back of her hand. It was like a tine electric shock running thru her entire body. Just as she looked up from their hands his eyes met hers.
WS "I missed you."
Her eyes were full of worry.
HS "Have you been well? Can you tell me what happend? I was so scared for you."
Way to inviting, her eyes, her lips, every cell of his body seamed to call her name. His hands framed her worried face and their foreheads touched ever so slightly.
WS "I am well now that I see, hear and smell you."
His face tilted slightly and his hands guided her head, but there was no resitance, not stopping. They have longed for each other all those month and the seperation, the blood shed and evil around them had made them desperate for each other.
First the kiss was gentle, like a stolen touch. But the hunger took over and their bodies pulled twards each other like magnetic forces. The moment HS folded her arms around WS his self controll took a hard beating and the kiss was almost desperate on both sides.
Slowly his Arms trailed along her body. His fingertips memoriese each curve, thru the delicate fabric of her dress
Her hands crawl up and her fingers dig into his hair while he slowly loses the ties on her top, his hands free her shoulders so careful from the fabric that a small shudder runs thru HS. His lips leave hers just mere inches "Are you cold?" her head gives a small shake, while a small shy smile forms on her lips. As he leans back into her, his mouth start to trail to her earloop and from there down her neck 
While WS left a small trail of kisses from ear loop to shoulder did HS open the stupid little buttons on WSs garment. How often did she help those royals dress until now and now, the moment she actually cared to open the buttons they would not slip out easy as they usually did. Still she managed the free each button from it's loop. WSs mouth wandered along HSs arm and reached the scar she inflicted upon herself all those years ago. He rose the wrist to his lips and kissed the sensitive spot, just to produce another shiver thru HSs body.
This time he grinned like the wolf folks accused him to be.

WS "Are you sure you are not cold?"
HS free hand slid between his garment and lay on his chest, right above his heart.
"I believe I am the warmest I've been in all my live, my lord."
WS scooped her up and carried her to the bed. While laying her down he stole another hungry kiss

• Like 19

12 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

The colour of Wang Wook's hanbok has changed: it is grey/brown or even black so that the colour is reflecting his darkness. @solelylurking used to describe Wang Wook as a wolf disguised as a sheep and now, I've come to think that Wang Wook should be more considered as a wolf disguised as a dog, while Wang So's nickname was the dog wolf. Wang Wook seemed to be loyal and nice, just like a dog in the earlier episodes. Here, Wang Wook is connected to the positive qualities of a dog, whereas Wang So was considered as a wolf with the bad qualities of a dog (his social low status). Now, the colour of their handbok is the same: black or dark colours (brown). But they have something more in common: Wang Wook and Wang So were born in the same year so that their astrological sign is the same. And now back to your connection: yes, the title would fit in here too because as time passes on, Wang Wook turns into a wolf, whereas Wang So has become the dog (in a positive way). It is difficult to distinguish them as friend or foe. Since the dog comes from the wolf, they still have some wildness in them so that a dog can become dangerous as well. Notice that Wang So will call himself a dog who will kill people in order to become free again. 

Striking is that Wang Wook and Wang So have a similar view about love and polygamy. Wang Wook has never had more than one wife, unlike his brothers Yo and Won. And it was unusual. Sure, it was an arranged marriage which unlines the difference between So and Wook. Then Wook might have flirted with Hae Soo, but he didn't want to marry her, while lady Hae was still living. If you think about it, Wang Wook has a similar point of view about monogamy, but he was just not firm enough to act on it. When he fell in love with Hae Soo, he realised that he couldn't marry anyone else... if he had to marry, then it would be only Hae Soo. But his ambition and greed were the brakes that stopped him from doing so. 

On the other hand, Wang So has and had the determination and the courage to show how much Hae Soo means to him, despise what the social norms were back then. No wonder that Yo makes fun of Wang So because of that: he insults Wang So and he compares him to an animal, just like @40somethingahjumma pointed it out correctly. Wang Wook has never showed this side of him to Yo and Won. They might know that there is something between Wook and Hae Soo, but not get aware of the deepness of his love for her.  

In my opinion, Hae Soo had an impact on both of them: Hae Soo could see the good qualities of Wang So (dog) and she could tame him, while the opposite happened with Wang Wook. She turned him into a wolf and like it is said, a wolf has only one mate. Everything evolves around Hae Soo.

As conclusion, Wang Wook and Wang So can be associated to the wolf and dog, both animals have positive and negatives sides:

- dangerosity

- freedom

- wildness: a dog can become wild and difficult to control too

- loyalty

- one love

- sense of family and honour: defend his people

- wolf is less bloodthirsty than it was described in the past

- Hierarchy system: alpha-beta / master - dog

Did this answer your question?

Then I would like to add something else: Actually the situation that is about to happen is really similar to this situation from the episode 7:   Yes, the birthday party! Yo used Eun and Hae Soo to hurt Wang So and it happened in front of everyone. This is exactly the same trap!!

The similarity is that Yo uses Hae Soo again, but this time the roles are reversed: Eun is the victim and Wang So the so called executor, while in the episode 7, Eun was the executor and So the victim. In the episode 7, Yo had set the trap and in the episode 16, Yo has again set the same trap. And Jung will be a witness too, just like the other brothers I guess. Hae Soo is again the leverage, however there is a small change: Hae Soo is well aware that she is Yo's tool to force Wang So to kill Eun, while she had no idea in the episode 7. What looked like a bad joke in the episode 7 was an announcement for the future incident which ends deadly. Back then, it ended with an apology from Eun, but this time Eun dies. 

scroll l pink mouse

@chi13lou @Claudia Koh @meahri_1@nonski

@UnniSarah@adijnpu @solelylurking

@fathiayunia @dramu51ch0c10ve @ktcjdrama

@syeramy @littleloony @Yongzura @valsava  @junee22 @evie7

i haven't posted in this thread for the longest time... i was called by my chingu @bebebisous33 and i read her very insightful post on Wook and So.

just some thoughts:

It was clear that HS is the pivotal point for both Wook and So's life.  The only difference between the two is that So would do anything to be with HS while in as much as Wook would do the same there are things that holds him from and his mindset is not a simple.  Where So does not care about the throne for his own sake, Wook does because he does not only think about himself but there are factors he has to consider.  WS does not have excess baggages to pull him back while WW have his family, his mother, his family's honor and his own ambition and greed that holds him back.  I think that is one of the reasons why Yo did not noticed that.  Wook is always guarded, maybe brought about by their experience. Those things made the difference when HS is concerned.  In time she saw which person she is the priority.  Wook might have her in mind as his priority but WS acted on it before he can.  Wook calculated first while WS acted on his feelings even when HS did not even reciprocated it.  HS clearly loved Wook but that love faded with his usual absence when she needed him and there is WS always by her side offereing his love.  May I comment on the c-version where Ruoxi did not actually love the 8th prince, i think she was infatuated by all his actions towards her as she was impressionable because of her youth while she did deeply love the 4th prince.  While for HS, she did love Wook and then later fell in love with So.

It's great that you pointed out about the parallelism of what happened to Yo, So and Eun in episode 7 which became a foreboding of So killing Eun in Ep 16.  When I watched it, I hated that So had to kill Eun and put that weight over HS.  That will be a big trauma on  her but seeing how she initially feared So knowing he will kill his brothers. HS was able to see that in all those killings there is a story behind.  When she is looking at it as a person from the future, even though how senseless it is to kill a person, she was able to see the reason why So did the said killings, making her see him as a person and not just the King she knew from history.

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, msgolightly9608 said:

Just for some laughs today.

I was re-watching epsiode 14 last night and when Wang So was making the barking/howling noises...my dog actually came running into my room thinking an actual wolf/dog was on the t.v..

So Soo was wrong when she said he didn't sound like an animal. Cause apparently LJG is really good at imitating dogs. :w00t:

Hahahahaha so funny!!! :lol: I love that Wang So moment. 

• Like 15

13 minutes ago, Siracusa said:

Ha! Such an understanding husband! When my SHR obsession started, I created a Soompi account in order to comment. I felt a little embarrassed so I didn't tell my husband what I was up to. One day I was writing a post and he caught me typing away and he asked what I was doing. I was so mortified that I tried lying by saying that I was on Tinder looking for a side piece. He took a look at my computer screen and just shook his head. 

Spoiler

The drama is always on my mind and my friends don't understand it because it's not their cup of tea. I pity my husband because he listens to me talking about it all the time. So I created my account here. Like you, to have an outlet, because it's too much for me. MLSHR is like a drug like my own personal brand of heroine. I'm not sorry for copying edward cullen's reason why he can't stay away from bella. It's that bad for me, too. On your case, you feel a bit embarrassed, don't. It's perfectly normal to be addicted to something to a certain degree. Try to test him, say talk about the drama a bit and from there you'll know his reaction. His reaction will be your guide then. If the drama is also not his cup of tea like my friends, we are here and we understand. This forum is a great help to drama addicts like us. XX :)

• Like 18

2 hours ago, millie10468 said:

Does anyone have a favorite scene that is NOT the fight-makeup/confession scene of Episode 14?

In the interest of finding out (Aand mostly so we can hold on till next week :bawling:), I recommend we do a Favorite Scene Challenge with the following questions:

Spoiler
  • Favorite (2nd favorite, if the above scene was your favorite) WS/HS scene

OmRAY8j.gif

The wolf howling scene I thought was adorkable. This was the way he chose to call her out to go on their date. Too cute. 

• Favorite WW/ HS scene

4f6PZ9g.gif

This snow scene was beautiful. It almost made me fall on the Wook bandwagon. 

• Favorite Scene involving a female character (Queen Shitty Mom, Yeonhwa, Chaeryung, Lady Hae, Lady Oh, etc)

Alx3YVR.gif

Queen Yoo and her favourite son...... drying of the hair which set all our YooYo ships sailing.... 

• Favorite Scene involving a male character (that is not WS :sweatingbullets:)

lOYpJIR.gif

Return of the Lion King aka Eyeliner Yo aka Earring Fashionista aka Wang Yo.....

• The scene that made you fall/start rooting for WS/HS.

QE3Hixc.gif

The Damiwon water scene.... Just the look in their eyes at spying the other.... albeit Soo was not too happy at the time... but sparks were flying :D 

• Scene that made you question your love for WS/HS. 

No such scene for me  Image result for shrug smileyThat may yet come though ...

• Scene that made you fall for WW.

rYWQBh4.gif

The handwriting scene.... the tension was palpable for all the right reasons 

• Scene that made you question your love for WW

yN4nHsB.gif

Once he killed the attendant that was it for me. I was DONE. His priorities were all wrong for Hae Soo.

eahH2bf.gif

\^o^/

• Scene you can point at as the one that irrevocably made you obsessed with the drama.

XRPyaWG.gif

The eclipse imagery.... I loved it. It drew me into the saga. 

• Your least liked scene.

s17y672.gif

The killing of the horse... need I say more?

• Scene that made you saddest.

1aiUJqB.gif

Lady Oh's death on the gallows and Hae Soo's plight to try and get to her...... :tears:

• Moist poignant scene.

hoMwlm1.gif

Wang So's drinking of the poison that Hae Soo gave to him unknowingly to her but he knew exactly what he was doing.... thank god he survived 

• Scene that made you think/analyze the most.

dgG6KYn.gif

Wooks motivations and how long he had them.... plus all that double layered talk of debtors

• Scene that made you anxious the most.

cxlxAZX.gif

That whole '' I missed you'' debacle.... even I was anxious for that ship to be over and done with. But after I thought about it for a while, I was ok.... We don't want a flighty Hae Soo who flits from one man to another. .... 

Thanks for the questionnaire @millie10468 

That was fun. Made me relive some of the more important parts for me. I'm sure I'll change my mind on some of the scenes once I have it posted. There's just too many to cover. But I tried to answer as honestly as I could with the first scene to pop into my head. bee-smiley.gif

• Like 24

3 hours ago, millie10468 said:

• Favorite (2nd favorite, if the above scene was your favorite) WS/HS scene. Makeup scene before the rain ritual. So much intensity! *Pun intended lol*
  • Favorite WW/ HS scene Bracelet scene
  • Favorite Scene involving a female character (Queen Shitty Mom, Yeonhwa, Chaeryung, Lady Hae, Lady Oh, etcLady Oh + Queen SoFreakingCrazy's final confrontation. Daaaaamn these 2 were on fire.
  • Favorite Scene involving a male character (that is not WS :sweatingbullets:JM finding CP murdered :tears:
  • The scene that made you fall/start rooting for WS/HS. Same as the first answer but my second choice would be when So was watching Soo sing for Eun
  • Scene that made you question your love for WS/HS. THE ENTIRE 12TH EPISODE 
  • Scene that made you fall for WW. none 
  • Scene that made you question your love for WW
  • Favorite scene with the other Princes (Mu, Yo, Eun, Baek Ah, JungWY, WW, WW trying to get past WS to take over the throne 
  • Scene you can point at as the one that irrevocably made you obsessed with the drama. MONK MURDER SCENE
  • Your least liked scene. Love and hate the scene where Soo pushed So away after everything he sacrificed for her :(
  • Scene that made you saddest. An ocean of tears for when Lady Oh was executed and Soo realizing it :(
  • Moist poignant scene. Lady Oh execution
  • Scene that made you think/analyze the most. Forced kiss scene and the upcoming blood letter scene from the trailer lol
  • Scene that made you anxious the most. When Soo found out that So was getting married and So found her. SO MUCH WAS LEFT UNSAID FROM SO'S SIDE at that moment and you can tell it broke Soo's heart 

• Like 18

On 10/11/2016 at 0:56 PM, lupita311 said:

According to the history books So is the 4th king, I read it on a Korean history link a friend that is translating a history drama in Viki sent me, and he is the 4th, I know it is fantasy, but my thought is we read stuff that happened in history and we accept what the books say because we weren't there to see it first hand, but what if most of the stuff had a justification and not everything is black or white but with grey in between, what if the killing of an enemy is justified at the time the reason might be anything, but it wasn't out of ruthlessness, not that I excuse it, but it makes me think about it.  Yes, So became a puppet for his love of Hae Soo, but he was destine to be just one from the moment his mom cut his face, with a face like that, (I am sorry he is so gorgeous I don't see it), he couldn't be a king, he was kicked out and sent as a hostage to another family and he learned to be a killer and a yes, he called himself a dog and a wolf, yet even with all that he still was a king, how? because enter the girl from the future who knew everything happened and Ji Mong who is there to move the puppets along, I keep on wondering why was So and Jimong together at that place, it seems coincidental but I think it was fate that brought them together from the beginning,  all I can think is So is in this loop going back and forth, I don't know if it is called reincarnation since she couldn't be born in the past isn't she? I don't know much on the subject but it is more like she goes through betrayal and backstabbing everywhere she goes, she was at that river where she "died"  crying because her best friend and boyfriend cheated on her...  I think there is a way for her to change things and be happy. all she hast to do is she has to forgive and forget what happened and accept it in order to go on with her life, the thing she was most afraid was this king who kills her brothers, nothing in the past matter to her more than to protect them and by doing so she set a lot of things in motion no matter what she does she will never change the fate of those princes it was what it was and she couldn't change it, I don't think there is a HS in the future since she wakes up from a coma on the original, but it will be interesting to see if she would meddle in her life too.  This type of drama  reminds me of the matrix when the oracle told Neo don't worry about the vase and he says which one and by turning around he breaks it then she said I said don't worry about it, but what is going to make you think later is would you have broken it if I wouldn't have said  nothing about it.  To me it would've been better if So would've killed Yoo and you are right  his brother is a weasel and he wouldn't dare strike anyone without protection from someone else, but remember So kills Yoo, then Wook who was poisoning the king accuses him or uses her and he becomes the next king, his younger brothers with the exception of Baek ah support Wook and So is out of luck, then his sister would use her  new role as the sister of the king to kill or threaten Soo and marry So which is what she wants all along because she is so ambitious that she knows that out of all the brothers the only one who could be his father successor is So who is just as fierce and who understands politics better than them, it is innate and no cut in his face could stop him from being a ruler.

Greetings, Friend,

Thank you for this brilliant post.  I can see you are doing your homework with regard to the historical WS.  Brava.

The point I was trying to make in my post was that, so far, the only "creative license to history" that I see is HS traveling back 1,000 years and becoming the reason for WS killing his brothers.  And what's the point of that...

People don't commit murder, regicide or fratricide for love; they commit it for power.  If the writer was going to make WS the killer of his brothers to acquire the throne, why try to justify his actions with the noble intent of protecting the woman he loves.  Realistically, no HS traveled back to Goryeo from the 21st Century and yet the historical WS actually did kill his brothers to ascend to the throne, and then he took out their families, is this not correct.  

My point was, if the author was going to deviate from history anyway, he or she should have turned the historical WS into a mythological character and given the story a different ending, like the King Arthur stories, or if the author was going to try to stick to the history, then he or she should not have tried to turn this into a love story with a woman who traveled back from the future and who then becomes the reason for WS's actions.

If the historic WS was a blood-thirsty, power-mad maniac (a "monster" in HS's words), then write the story that way and make the woman from the future fall in love with a brother destined for death, like Wook, for instance, and then after WS kills off her lover, have her fall back down the rabbit-hole to the 21st Century to meet and fall in love with his modern-day reincarnation.

Beyond the history, however, there are other parts of a drama--the audience, the characters and the story itself.  For any story, movie or drama to work, it has to first make sense.  The actions have to follow logically and make sense in contet and the characters must be believable.  Like I said, the actions of WS at the end of Ep. 15 don't make sense when taken together with everything else we've seen about him through the previous 14 episodes.  The WS of 14 episodes refused to be controlled by anyone.  He was a survivor.  He would rather die than submit.  This character, when confronted with the scene of Yoo alive and well and standing over the dead body of the CP would have cut him down and the very idea that a counselor could stop the carnage and give the advantage to the obvious-murderer of the CP is, on its face, unrealistic.  If the WS of this drama is the WS of history, he would have let Weasel Brother kill HS.  Even the WS of this drama was, at one point, willing to kill HS himself, to find the plotters against the CP.  We're being asked to see HS as the "kryptonite" to the WS "superman" as if love has somehow weakened and emasculated our Hero.  Perhaps we're supposed to see WS's actions as noble but, sorry, it doesn't work in contet, at least it didn't work at the end of Ep. 15 and I don't see how it will work going forward.  

If we're to accept the premise of this story, a 21st century woman is the catalyst for one of Korea's greatest mass murderers.  Not his lust for power, not his desire for revenge, not his attempt to follow the wishes of his father and obtain justice for the murder of the CP.  I would have more respect for the WS who carries out these murders to end the machinations of the families and the manipulations of the princes than I presently do for the WS who abandons all of this to protect a woman he could have easily protected by just pushing that sword through Yoo's body.

Great discussing this with you, tho...  CP

• Like 15

In European history you will find so little evidences of women. 

You read about them yes, those who really were a big deal, like Mathilda of Tuscany, Elisabeth l, and and, but how many history books tell about othe women kings loved, but coukd not have, deeds they did for country and religion, that actually fell thru the “inbetweens“?

In Europe monks were the only ones that could write (till Carl the Great made a decreed that everyone should be able to read, write and count, and even that did not include girls and was rudimentry). Anyhow, the monks wrote down history and as women are the source of all evil, they weren't mentioned if it could be avoided. Thoses stories that remained were either thru “mouth to ear“ or they had their own chronists and they colored in a lot.

So if Europe had it like that, than I bet Korea had a similar way.

Just the super wealthy had possibilities to read & write. But the Clan of the Park, might dislike the Lee Clan and they are mad at the Kims as they stole their cow ... mind you 3 generations later that cow is the favorite daughter of the ClanEldest and was raped by that Parks and sold to the Lees.

They “why WS was as he was“, is more speculation. As NO king would let historians write down “I told him so, he disliked it, but I threaten to kill his one true love“ ... then there might be a fire at one point ... most is distroyed and scholar Kim is told to recover as much as possible, just the documents where they mention HaeSo were classified and he had not yet seen them. So lovely HaeSo never came back to the archives ...

• Like 19

4 hours ago, millie10468 said:

• Favorite (2nd favorite, if the above scene was your favorite) WS/HS scene - HS being "scooped" by WS to save her from falling off the cliff
  • Favorite WW/ HS scene - WW turning his back on HS during the rain
  • Favorite Scene involving a female character (Queen Shitty Mom, Yeonhwa, Chaeryung, Lady Hae, Lady Oh, etc) - Lady Oh's conversation with WW about him regretting not saving HS for the rest of his life
  • Favorite Scene involving a male character (that is not WS :sweatingbullets:) WE's puppet show to cheer up HS after Lady Hae's death
  • The scene that made you fall/start rooting for WS/HS. HS and WS in the Damiwon bath pool
  • Scene that made you question your love for WS/HS. none
  • Scene that made you fall for WW. Sorry, never fell for him.:)
  • Scene that made you question your love for WW n.a.
  • Favorite scene with the other Princes (Mu, Yo, Eun, Baek Ah, Jung) BA and HS drinking
  • Scene you can point at as the one that irrevocably made you obsessed with the drama. WS riding with the eclipse in the background
  • Scene that made you saddest. YH telling Yo how interesting it would be to tame a beast
  • Moist poignant scene. HS and Lady Oh in the cave and WS visiting HS in prison
  • Scene that made you think/analyze the most. HS' vision of WE and SD being killed
  • Scene that made you anxious the most. HS and WW's talk one year after she became a water/laundry maid (without subs)

• Like 18

On 10/13/2016 at 5:44 PM, millie10468 said:

• Favorite (2nd favorite, if the above scene was your favorite) WS/HS scene: It was It was really difficult to chose, but I would say in the prison
    Spoiler

(episode 11)
  • Favorite episodes: The episode 4 and 8
  • Favorite WW/ HS scene: 
    Spoiler

• Favorite Scene involving a female character (Queen Shitty Mom, Yeonhwa, Chaeryung, Lady Hae, Lady Oh, etc) The confrontation between Wang So and his mother moonlovers04-00030.jpg
  • Favorite Scene involving a male character (that is not WS :sweatingbullets:) Wang Wook and Yeon Hwa
    Spoiler

• The scene that made you fall/start rooting for WS/HS.
  • Scene that made you question your love for WS/HS. none
  • Scene that made you fall for WW. As a villain, Wang Wook with his sister episode 9
  •  
    Spoiler

• Scene that made you question your love for WW: none
  • Hae Soo rescuing Jung 
  • Wang So defending Baek Ah in front of Yo
  • The birthday party
  • Eun consoling Hae Soo after lady Hae's death
  • Scene you can point at as the one that irrevocably made you obsessed with the drama: Wang So arriving with the sunset behind him
    Spoiler

• Your least liked scene: WH trying to kill Taejo
  • Scene that made you saddest: Rain scene
  • Moist poignant scene: Lady Oh's death
  • Scene that made you think/analyze the most: The two different walks
  • Scene that made you anxious the most: Eun's death

• Like 22

7 hours ago, shiraru said:

Aaaaah....waiting for Monday is aaaagoooonyyyyy!! I think I have another MLSHR withdrawal again, oh my... to ease it up, I wrote a fanfic, ahahaha....it's my first time writing a fanfic, hope you guys like it! Feedbacks are highly welcomed, especially grammar since English is not my first language :D

Control
Pairing     : Wang Yo x Hae Soo, Wang So x Hae Soo
Timeline  : Wang Yo's reign, episode 15
Rating     : 15+ (just to be safe XD ) 
Synopsis : Wang Yo couldn't quite grasp what makes Hae Soo so interesting to his brothers.

Reveal hidden contents

Hae%20Soo%20x%20Yo_zps3j1mq5mt.gif

Intriguing.

That’s what Wang Yo would use to describe Hae Soo. She was Wang Wook’s late wife cousin, just another noble court lady who has no purpose than to wait around the house and then get married when she’s of marriage age. But when she was about to get married to the king, she somehow got herself out of it, and her status dropped into various low labors that Wang Yo wouldn't bother to learn the names. Things changed for her when the Crown Prince Wang Moo took the throne. She rose up into Royal Court Lady status. How did she do that? Wang Moo, the late King, seems to favor her so much. The other princes also seems to favor her, even Wang So, his cursed brother, considered her one of his person. What is it about her that is so special, even Yeon Hwa couldn't measure?

“The tea is finished, Your Highness.” Hae Soo said as she walked back beside the king’s throne, hands clasped together on her stomach, eyes looking down on the floor.

Wang Yo’s gaze lingered on her for God knows how many minutes.

Noticing that he’s not touching the tea, Hae Soo took a deep breath,“The tea has gotten cold. Is it not to your liking, Your Highness?” she asked in a monotone voice.

This time, Wang Yo only tilted his head.

“If Your Highness thought the tea is not meeting his standard, I will brew a new pot of tea. May I take the tea off the table?”

Wang Yo smirked. “You will do anything I say.” He stated, as a matter of fact-ly.

Hae Soo gave a quizzical side-eye to Wang Yo. What does that mean? Is he taunting her?

“Come here.” he commanded.

Hae Soo, now lowering her gaze, moved closer to the throne, but it’s clear that she still carefully keep the distance. Wang Yo roughly pulled her closer, making her sit down beside him. He could feel that she’s resisting, but he wouldn’t let her off that easy. He firmly grabbed both her arms, gluing her down. His eyes glared at her, more intense than before, tracing every inch of her face.

Wang Yo chuckled. “Now that I see you up close, you look like a commoner. I don’t know what Wang Moo or Wang So sees in you.”

She could feel her ears getting hot. What the hell? Did Wang Yo just want to make her mad? Hae Soo also felt his smirk piercing through her even though she couldn’t meet his eyes. Oh, how Hae Soo wanted to wipe that smirk off his face, a little slap will do. But this is not 21st century, this is Goryeo, where King’s words and actions are the absolute truth. If she got reckless, not only her life, but people she cares about would be on the line. She wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of punishing her further.

Gritting her teeth, she muttered under her breath, “Should I call the prettiest gisaeng in Gyobang, Your Highness? That way you wouldn’t have to put up with my commoner face for long.”

Insolent girl. He grabbed her chin, expecting her to look at him straight in the eyes, but she refused to do so. Another chuckle escaped his mouth. “Or is it your body that made them go crazy about you…?” he whispered in her ear as his other hand slipped under her upper garment.

Hae Soo quickly stopped his hand, much to his surprise. Still gritting her teeth, she tried her best to speak calmly, eyes still not meeting his. “A king shouldn’t be involved with a woman with scars. I am unworthy of your attention.”

“Oh, you have scars? Good. I have a thing for scars.” He said as he pulled her closer and started to kiss her neck. “I will have a great time exploring every inch of you.”

She flinched at his touch, her body shivering in fear and anger. He has a thing for scars? LIAR!

Wang Yo moved his lips onto hers, now trying to kiss her passionately. Or lustily, would be more fitting. With all her might, she bit his lower lip hard and pushed him away. Wang Yo cried in pain, hand automatically touching his injured lips. He could taste the fresh blood dripped down his mouth and a little of it dripped onto his finger.

Anger rapidly consumed him. “YOU---!!” He grunted and stormed to pin her down, but Hae Soo has motioned herself further from the throne. Before he could get to her, Hae Soo pulled out her hair pin, and put it near her neck. Wang Yo froze, eyes widened.

Her hair braids, now pin-less, fall down onto her shoulder. “If Your Highness comes any closer, I’ll stab myself with this hair pin.” Hae Soo sternly warned.

His breath hitched. “What…?” Deep down he’s panicking. She’s not serious, is she?

After a long pause, he finally broke the silence. “You wouldn’t dare.” He said, faking his confidence.

Hae Soo, sensing a hint of fear behind his voice, gained some courage from it. Now raising her eyes to meet his fear-filled ones, she taunted back, “Have I ever go back on my words, Your Highness?”

Wang Yo was stunned. He knew that gaze. The same gaze when she was whipped by Yeon Hwa a few years back. A gaze full of determination and confidence…which means she’s dead serious. She knew that he would never put her in danger because she’s an important bait he could use to control his brothers. If she killed or even hurt herself now, he wouldn’t be able to control Wang So in the future. Or worse, Wang So might come and kill Wang Yo in his sleep.

“Put. That. Down.” Wang Yo commanded. Hae Soo still didn’t budge. “I’M THE KING! PUT THAT THING DOWN, RIGHT NOW!!”  

“Promise me, Your Highness. You would never do that to me again, or any female, unless they are also willing to do it with you. Then I will put this down.”

“You want me, the king, to beg?” An even longer and deadly silence came between them, you clearly can hear the wind blows. Then it broke; Wang Yo burst into his signature maniac laughter. “The rumor is apparently true. You have more courage than the men in this palace. Okay, I’ll give in this time. Now put the pin down.”

She sighed in relief as she put the pin down.

“But.” Wang Yo continued, his tone becomes menacing. “Next time, I won’t let it slide.”

Hae Soo smirked. “You wouldn’t dare. Your Highness.” She said as she gave one final glare full of confidence to Wang Yo’s eyes. Then she put the pin in her pocket, clasped her hands together on her stomach and lowered her gaze, like a Royal Court Lady should. “Now, if Your Highness doesn’t need anything anymore, please excuse this Court Lady.”

Wang Yo stared at her until she left the room. As he touched his bloody lip, he laughed in amusement.

“Hae Soo…you really are quite something.”

-oOo-

After she closed the door of the throne room, Hae Soo began walked out the King’s house as fast as she could. When she finally reached outside, she ran. It didn’t matter where she would go, she just wanted to run. In her mind, she cursed Wang Yo, that S.O.B., a thousand times. Never has she ever been disrespected like that, her 21st century pride was certainly hurt. She wiped her lips many times by the back of her hand, disgusted by the thought of Wang Yo had touched her. Tears unconsciously started to fall down her cheek.

Halfway through running, she bumped into something. Hae Soo shuts her eyes as she cried and fell a few steps backwards.

“Soo-ya…” a concerned voice called out to her.

She opened her eyes to see Wang So's eyes looking back at hers in worry.

Noticing her red eyes, loose braids, disheveled appearance and how distraught she was, he gently touched her shoulders. “What hap—” Hae Soo hugged him tightly before he could finish.

“Forgive me, Your Highness! Please let me hug you for a while.”

Wang So still couldn’t process what just happened, so he just awkwardly stood there as Hae Soo silently cried into his chest. Slowly, he brought up his hands to hug her back. “Mind telling me what happened?”

“I…still…is it okay if I don’t want to tell?”

Wang So weakly smiled. “Sssh…it’s okay. If you want to tell me someday, I’m all ears.” He patted her back a few times. “Remember, you’re my person, after all.”

hahaha omg wang yo and hae soo?! If this were real it would be a real, literal case of big bad wolf falling for the little lamb! Mostly when they do the whole bad boy falls in love thing, he's just rough around the edges but a good guy deep inside. Like wang soxhae soo! :D I wonder what falling in love would do for wang yo hahah 

• Like 17