[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

32 minutes ago, qwenli said:

Actually I am quite surprise to see dB making lady hae to be a saint for condoning wook's and hs relationship.

Maybe becos I am Chinese and back in the ancient days even up till the early 1900s, it was a very big issue not to have children, (in fact the influential Confucius said that not having children is the no.1 on the list of failing to be filial becos the bloodline cannot be continued) and lady hae clearly is not able to fulfill her role. So arranging for her husband to get another concubine is par for norm.

That's why I find if the drama go overboard on this wook griefing and hs+wook's guilt it's just to appease modern viewers. In reality, it wld be more like, wife died, move on and marry hs immediately.

I am not saying it's right, but am saying it seems like modern viewers will have issues with this drama, with all the complex relationships.

Sorry, for sounding abit like yeonhwa if you find wat I am saying abit cold. But that's just the way it is back then.

Yes...i feel the same. Haesoo having guilt thoughts is okay because Lady Hae has been really nice to her and she has modern times mentality...but Wook behaving like that? Those were other times in which men had many women without guilt. :huh: They are making almost all the princes look and behave like virgins waiting for their first love to knock the door. :lol: The younger ones are between 15 and 18? Mmm...maybe they are still young...i was forgetting that. But I don't think we will see polygamy in the drama even if the years passed, aside of Taejo with his 29 wifes. 

• Like 15

14 minutes ago, ElleSor said:

OK, I just watched episode 5 with subs and I cannot help but fall hard for Kang Ha Neul!

The way he gazes at her...those long, lingering gazes that are filled with emotion.....*sigh*

Why without sub? The subs are already out...

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, wchoi8 said:

Any thoughts on the astronomer Jimong? Do you guys think he also traveled back to the past with Hajin?

I think he is a time traveler too...his conversation with Hae Soo implied he know as much as Hae Soo suspect...maybe he is there to be Hae Soo fairy godfather???

Because the king and Moo trust him so well, and he play a huge part in every king taejon decision, and he help Wang Soo a lot to gte him inside the palace again. And in future I really think JM also will chip in in every Wang Soo act toward Hae Soo. 

• Like 17

Anyeong....

This is my first time to post in here... Because of this drama, i cant hold my hand to create user and join with you all...

I just watched ep 4, and i need more WS.. \^0^/

When i see ep 6 Preview, HS seem to search who is the next king?

will she remember the history? >.<

• Like 18

42 minutes ago, shizukatsukiko said:

1. Originally Rouxi and 13th were best of best friends. Like soulmates, without falling in love. He trusted her, and she trusted him, until they died. It was such a beautiful relationship that I love the most beside the main couple's love story. Seeing 13th scolding HS in this ep made me feel so sad.

I'm a fan of the novel, which I loved to bits and pieces. 

Did anybody else feel that 13th and 14th's roles were switched in this version? Because in the novel, 13th and Ruoxi were soulmates while 14th and Ruoxi basically bickered their way through. Here, it feels like Hae Soo has a sort of instant camaraderie with 14th, but doesn't see eye to eye with 13th? Also, 14th feels more free spirited here too. And also:

Spoiler

In the novel, Ruoxi died in 14th's arms, and in the trailer, there was a picture with Soo and 13th sitting together, both dressed in white, in a similar pose as the C-drama. 

Also, is anybody else disappointed by the fact that Hae Soo doesn't remember her Korean history? I thought one of the main charms of Ruoxi (in both novel and drama) was that she remembered history and tried her best to make it work to her advantage, but in the end it was her knowledge of history that propelled the fallout between the princes.

Spoiler

In the novel, 8th told Ruoxi that he wouldn't have even thought of fighting with 4th until Ruoxi told him when they "broke up" and ultimately, it was her knowledge of the future that caused tragedy to happen, even though she was using her knowledge to try and protect 8th. The irony.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, qwenli said:

Actually I am quite surprise to see dB making lady hae to be a saint for condoning wook's and hs relationship.Maybe becos I am Chinese and back in the ancient days even up till the early 1900s, it was a very big issue not to have children, (in fact the influential Confucius said that not having children is the no.1 on the list of failing to be filial becos the bloodline cannot be continued) and lady hae clearly is not able to fulfill her role. So arranging for her husband to get another concubine is par for norm.

That's why I find if the drama go overboard on this wook griefing and hs+wook's guilt it's just to appease modern viewers. In reality, it wld be more like, wife died, move on and marry hs immediately.

I am not saying it's right, but am saying it seems like modern viewers will have issues with this drama, with all the complex relationships.

@qwenli I get what you mean. and the truth is even now in modern China, not able to bear children is still sth a keen to a sin. So by HS marrying Wook is perhaps one of the best solution Lady Hae can come up with. But I think the sacrificial part is maybe cause she loves WW so much but she is aware that her husband does not look at her with longing or deep love the way he stares at HS. So its still her kindhearted nature that overlooks it. and at the same time I also think because she truly loves WW so she wanted him to be happy (to marry someone he loves) after she dies.

3 hours ago, flower4junsu said:

If you have seen Faith...starring Kim hee sun and Lee minho...well I heard Lee junki was supposed to be general choi young aka thr main lead...due to military service or something else he refused it....

In Faith....the girl who was also travelled from modern era caused the time door was opened...and she can traveled from one time to another time whenever the time door was opened....

But....at the end she coose to stay to ne together with someone she loved and leave the modern era....

Well....maybe haesoo will be able to trabel back to future time when the moon eclipse occurs....who knows

I too think since the first time eclipse made her come to Goryeo, eclipse event can let her go back to modern korea. Just like in Splishsplash Love, it needs to rain for the heroine to travel back. But I think the eclipse is only the required setting. For the portal to open, maybe there is an emotional requirement too? In ep1 after what the monk said HS wanted to leave the mess of her life. And as monk puts it, she needs to 'reborn' to somewhere. I quite believe she will travel back but when and how far along this drama- im not sure. perhaps she needs to be in duress or mortal danger?

3 hours ago, shizukatsukiko said:

After watching the whole new ep with sub, I need to take about 5 hours to digest all the inf today. Now to think about it, many ppl say that WW does love Lady Hae so much, he just doesn't show. Well, there are so many kinds of love. I feel like his grief for her is more likely guilty for not knowing that she had been loving him all these years that much. As he cares for her like a husband's duty, he thinks that she cares for him just because of a wife's duty too. Yes, he knows that she likes him, but he doesn't know that she loves him that much. Again, it was a political marriage, and I think that is one of the reasons why WW never really opens his heart to his wife. He is more like, a fair player. She is nice to him, he is nice to her. And I think at that period of time, he is considered a good husband already, if only he doesn't fall in love with HS.

There are also many things that I feel very sad/disappointed about this ep:

1. Originally Rouxi and 13th were best of best friends. Like soulmates, without falling in love. He trusted her, and she trusted him, until they died. It was such a beautiful relationship that I love the most beside the main couple's love story. Seeing 13th scolding HS in this ep made me feel so sad.

5. It will be extra hard for HS to survive when she can't read or write. OMG.

Thanks for your 2cents- they are worth more than that lol

Ya its cute to see HS struggle to read, unlike Rouxi who is a historical bluff, HS is clueless to Korean history and Hanja.

I thk in C novel version ..

Spoiler

Rouxi and Prince 13 became good friends over alcohol and also they discover they both like stories based on the same period where people have liberties and not too midful of social class. if not mistaken by the 2nd or 3rd tym Rouxi even meets his ladyfriend who workds at parlour but Rouxi does not judge her. Which further cements their friendship.

In Korean version Prince 13 harbours feelings for Lady Hae- so it's quite a departure.

In C novel version Lady Hae actually loves someone else before she marries 8th prince.

So again lots of differences.

3 hours ago, ElleSor said:

OK, I just watched episode 5 with subs and I cannot help but fall hard for Kang Ha Neul!

The way he gazes at her...those long, lingering gazes that are filled with emotion.....*sigh*

I agree. I thk there so many people of WW ship cause Kang Ha Neul potrays him very well and very likable.

2 hours ago, wchoi8 said:

Any thoughts on the astronomer Jimong? Do you guys think he also traveled back to the past with Hajin?

In last night ep, astronomer was very sly. he pretended he does not know her but when she tried to talk about present Korea he quickly asked her to be wary of speaking those things in the palace in Goryeo time (I think if someone overheard them it will be akeen to witch craft and treason??) I felt like he knows way more than he is saying.. hopefully they drop us more breadcrumbs in future episodes.

2 hours ago, Yippeuni said:

I think he is a time traveler too...his conversation with Hae Soo implied he know as much as Hae Soo suspect...maybe he is there to be Hae Soo fairy godfather???

Because the king and Moo trust him so well, and he play a huge part in every king taejon decision, and he help Wang Soo a lot to gte him inside the palace again. And in future I really think JM also will chip in in every Wang Soo act toward Hae Soo. 

I haven't thought about fairy godfather until you mention it.. very original and cute thinking. I remember in ep1 astronomer Jimong was looking at WS thoughtfully when he enter the palace. Unlike HS, he knows about history.. maybe he wants to ensure WS ascends the throne??

• Like 24

2 hours ago, chickpea said:

I did some Wiki-reading about WS, also because he was a character in another drama I watched, Shine or Go Crazy.  The article I read said WS marries YH but lists a second wife, his niece, the daughter of King Haejong.  I'm wondering if this "Haejong" is related to our Hae So and Lady Hae.  Anybody got any ideas.  I note the disclaimer before the drama about "creative license" being taken with the history.  This would make me happy:  WS marries HS for love; Taejo forces WS to marry YH for political reasons and WS ignores her until Taejo dies, then locks her up in a nunnery afterward...  Where's that devil emoggi.....

King Haejong, in our drama, is Crown Prince, Wang Mu. Son #1.

• Like 13

@irilight as much as I want to write a comment on dramefever..I faced an obstacle..dramafever isn't allowed at my country :dissapointed: ..I need to sign up but I couldn't bcoz of that..as for the other site related to Korea..I don't know the subs/writings..so it's kinda made me feel frustrated (coz google translate can't help in some words *sigh* ) Anyway...maybe you could enlighten me? Just want to help this drama to be appreciated more by the natives fellows in SK..(although it's getting more and more positive feedback and I'm happy for the production team :) )

In the theory of Hae Soo's travel back to the future,many say maybe happened when its eclipse again..but exactly how many years took? scientifically...I heard it took hundreds of years...any of my friends here would know?

• Like 17

Just my twocents in regards of Wook and Soo.. I have not watch episode 5 yet, so my insights covers only until episode 4. What I see towards Wook's feelings over Soo started similarly as Eun's cheosarang (Although I'm pretty sure it's So's cheotsarang too :lol:).. Of all the princes, Wook is the only prince that's been molded to have the qualities of a ruler, nope he was more likely forged by destiny(to be whom he is now). Indeed he's a very calculative man to the point that he seems like he imprisoned his true self. At first I thought, he had this ambition to take on the throne.. for I think he's well aware of all the treachery that occurs in the palace and who's behind it.. but he's not doing anything, to make it simple I don't really know whats his real agenda (but my guts tells me that he's staying still just to keep the status quo of his household, he no matter what doesn't want to jeopardize what he has now). I view Wook in a positive light.. and so far I'm not betrayed yet. He revealed that he first have taken a life at a very age to defend her mother, as much as I empathize with So.. I do think Wook is carrying a fair-sized cross as well, I take his personality, a real gentleman-respective-that-greatly-values-manner, as someone who dearly love his family and would do anything to protect it even if it means shutting down himself.. and I was rest assured when he firmly refuses YH. At first I really thought that Wook loves his wife.. in the eyes of a commoner like myself.. I was deceived. Now that their marriage relationship had been unfolded, it is no doubt a marriage of convenience, however it's not an all ill-marriage-arrangement. He accepted the marriage to revamp his family status thus to protect them, but since he's a good man, he's forever grateful to her(wife).. that sums up on how he acts so warm yet so cold. I believe Soo is Wook's cheotsarang, same reason as Eun's.. she's the first who acts out of the norm and somehow sees through a "bit" of him.. definitely that'll take your attention and later progresses into affection. but I never took Wook's cheotsarang lightly as Eun's. Wook is definitely a mature man that pretty much experience life.. he knows fear, pain and loneliness and just now experiencing the tenderness of love, of looking forward to someone that warms his heart that also brings joy. Episode 4, the scene where Chae Ryeong notify him about Soo's situation, he abruptly stands and hurriedly went off to rescue Soo with just his horse and not a single weapon in hand.. He acted like a desperate man charging in just to see if she's safe and that's totally out of his character.. as it follows he can't contain his feelings and cries it out. With that I'm really convinced that Wook had deeply fallen in love with Soo. Unfortunately IMO as for Soo, I don't think it's the same.. Fondness?, yes I think.. for the reason that Wook's persona in her eyes is a text-book-prince-charming-fairy-tale.. He's gentle to everyone, man.. full of manners, someone who helps her a lot, someone that shows her compassion, someone that she rely on to.. in a place that she's in unaccustomed. Although I'm not closing doors.. Wook is lovable and as of now he's making his move tho it's restraint in the moment.. and it's a fact that Soo's wavering. However, Soo's eyes were set only in his(Wook) gloss unlike with So, she's well aware that this guy is heavily messed up and is no longer afraid of So's claws and fangs..she's also unaware that she's already sharing her emotions and opening up (as Ha Jin) to So. Meanwhile towards Wook yes she share something too but it's mainly the displeasure and complaints within the unaccustomed place (Goryeo's 10th century era) . In her relationship with Wook she's just receiving.. on the other hand she's the one who's giving (with So) and it won't take long until So begins to give back. As I said I'm not closing doors, however there's a certain reason that slight opening is hopeless.. and that is.. Soo will never reciprocate his feelings.. Soo is Ha Jin; a modern woman in the 20th century, she's got her own principle and let's not forget that her life got messed up because of betrayal in the realms of love.. loving him back means, swallowing her principles and be sentenced to guilt forever.. sorry but I don't see it happening. * omg I'm sorry my poor wook :tears: * 

PS. I'm sorry my post is pretty long, but I wanted to take this chance to talk about no to appreciate Wook coz I can feel that I'll be spazzing over So and Soo in the upcoming episodes :rolleyes: I'm really lagging behind :sweatingbullets:.. off to watch episode 5. Good Night, Eclipse ;) and BTW I'm loving all the GIFs keep it rolling :P (Tumblr here I come
:w00t:)

• Like 22

Okay...
All I can think of after watching the last episode:

Myung Hee-eonni, it's nice of her, for the sake of plot, to let 8th and HS meet. But at the same time it breaks my heart that she voluntarily lets her husband to consider taking another wife and to arrange the meeting personally :bawling:

I feel like cheating saying this, because I love LJK, but Kang Ha Neul really got a game with this episode. The last scene tugs my heartstrings. 

There are few K-actors that have beautiful crying scenes, and lesser K-actors that can make me having an ugly cry while watching them crying. To mention a few:
1. Kim Soo Hyun in Moon Embraces the Sun, everytime he reminds of the supposed-dead wife and when he finds out that the one plotting to kill his wife is his own kin.
2. Hyun Bin in Secret Garden, when he writes a letter to Gil Ra Im/Ha Ji Won before driving through the storm and put himself in self-inducing comma.
3. Park Bo Gum in Reply 1988, when he confesses.
and now, 
4. Kang Ha Neul, the last scene of ep. 5; when he piggybacks his sickly wife and the snow is falling and she dies in his arms and he cries...

Excuse me for a moment, I need some kleenex :bawling::bawling::bawling:

• Like 23