[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

5 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Preview ep 17 with the mask scene next week

I am apprehensive about the mask scene in next week. Seems like WS doing something romantic for her like a lantern festival.

I notice whenever WS has some bad news that he hesitates to tell Soo (like the marriage with his niece), he will compensate with something romantic. PLEASE TELL ME HE'S NOT TELLING SOO THAT HE'S MARRYING PRINCESS SNAKE!! :crazy::crazy:

• Like 19

I missed Wook.... I felt bad for him.... just tonight for split moment I felt he is hurting deep down. I know he is missing HS.. BADLY.... and he can't do anything about it...because that stupid sense of decorum and royalty....  I wish for a split moment they would do their farewell properly... remember when WOOK wrote HS a poem... and HS just drew a picture.... I miss that simplicity of relationship..... the curse of the crown.... nobody survive... not even the Wolf.... Wo... I wish I only wish.....that you would cherish HS..... but who am I to change the Goryeo history....

• Like 8

Wow! I watched international version and SBS version side by side and I was surprised by the added scenes in SBS version! 

Aaaarrrggghhhhhh SBS!!! WHY??!!! WHY??!! 

I need the DVD project to go through because I really need to watch the whole full version of all episodes :(

Btw, with what happened in episode 16, how are we going to SURVIVE a week??!!! :bawling:

• Like 14

17 minutes ago, atgirlina said:

Preview for ep 17. To air maybe monday, maybe not monday, maybe it will get leak accidently, maybe no leak ep, maybe we just wait misserably for it tuesday. Buttt that depend if no rain on sunday, in that case maybe next next monday. 

we need to calculate the odds based on a lot variables: weather, baseball players mood/condition, technicians incompetence, china and korean politics (cold broadcasting war). Seems a lot of work.:blink:

10 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

It was Wook? LOL! When I saw WW rush over to WY and his face full of deep concern I was like WHY THE HELL DO YOU CARE IF HE LIVES OR DIES!

Wookie's been practicing his acting a lot lately. Acting like he doesnt care for HS, acting like his on your side, acting like my lil bro's death is nothing to me, acting..acting. So he's adding to his skills shadow puppetry (in the hopes of showing off to HS one day but sorry she's not into scary shadows just cute animals):wub:

• Like 15

this is my second time watching this scene and the emotional impact is in no way lessened. I waited a whole day to have a proper discussion on this so bear with me its a long post!

1) Baekhyun was amazing in his final moments as WE; he managed to not only pull off a dignified desperation, which at the hands of a lesser actor, would not have been believable as his character had always been portrayed as childish and frivolous. moreover, despite the lack of many interactions with WS in the previous episodes, in this scene, he has convincingly established an affectionate history between the two that the audience was not privy to, and hence, made his departure even more affecting (this is also greatly due to the writer's clever reference to episode 7, hence making the audience readily accept the importance of WS and WE's relationship and how devastating WE's death must have been for WS, despite the lack of scenes between the 2). I even dare say that this scene would leave a greater impact on me compared to WS and HS's separation later on. 

2) LJG LJG LJG. ...... it is not even the finale and he is already this good, i wonder how good he will be when we reach the end. He managed to bridge the gap between the vision which was on one side of the emotional spectrum (laughter) to the reality, which was on the totally opposite end (crying). When i first saw HS's vision, i thought there was no way it could be played out in reality the same way it played out in the vision, and yet LJG was able to do it seamlessly and still enable us to accept without question that the vision  WS and the real WS are the same person. What is so amazing about that crazy laughter he pulled off after WE's death is that even though i am watching  from my mobile, his pain and presence had broken though the fourth wall and i literally felt like i was watching a live play where he is right in front of me, and chastising us for being entertained by this inexplicable situation. I really had the urge to just look away at this scene, but even the sound of his laughter is almost repulsive enough to give me nightmares. for a long time, I have not seen a performance so powerful that it actually made me feel physically uncomfortable and for this alone i would say the entire series is definitely worth watching. the only complaint i have about this scene was how they kept cutting from WS to WJ's face, and that kind of unhinged LJG's excellent momentum. Ji Soo seems like a decent actor, but compared to LJG, his face is as boring as a biscuit. 

It also really helped that the show was shot semi-chronologically as you can see LJG getting skinnier by each episode, and you can really witness his dedication to bringing out a physical testament to further convince us of  the torture Yo's reign has put his character through. Lastly, is it me or did LJG appear to age significantly after WE's death?
there is no way of knowing whether he will get an award for his portrayal of WS or not, but one thing is certain, this performance is an unforgettable one that will not/cannot be dethroned that easily by any other actor in whatever drama that comes in the observable future. 

Other observations:
1) the theme of the episode is change. HS is the only fixed variable helping to define the change in the other characters. Of course we witness WS's change, and his discovery of a higher calling besides HS (when he saw JM, he was the one to let go of HS's hand first, sadly HS is no longer his no.1 priority). I guess this development is also necessary as he will become merciless not because of HS, but because he wants to protect the country and I guess it would make their separation easier to stomach rather than some heartbreaking misunderstanding or whatever. Another change which i was surprised by was from WW; in the scene where the general and the ministers were dissing WS, did i detect compassion from WW? is this the start of a possible political alliance? and of course WJ's swelling arrogance.. ... nope, not going touch on that. just no.

2) i was wrong where i said the sbs version will have better editing... i thought it was a mess and all over the place compared to the youku one (although again the music in the sbs version is more apt, especially the pitch black silence during WE's death, a device which is commonly used in Game of Thrones during the death of major characters). The reason why the editing is so chopping? SBS decided to squeeze in an extra backhug scene between WS and HS in retaliation to the leaked episode fiasco. I personally felt that scene was useless, and the flow of the episode could have been much better without it

3) finally we get the lantern festival! did anyone notice if the man behind the mask was WS or WJ? i need to know!

• Like 22

4 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

I can help him to make a list:

1. Won (make him an eunuch first, please) - But first, lets deprive him of his silver (am told he's the richest prince)

2. Chaeryung (noticed how she kept trying to pull HS with other princes, waiting for WS to fight with them?) - I think CR has this long wish to see Soo with Wook. Sorry to say, she's on the wrooong ship!

3. YH 

4. Evil Queen

5. Evil uncles of Yo

Whoaaa, @Ainee Etp arent we bloody here. Perhaps after this, we all should watch LJK in Resident Evil: The Final Chapter. 

• Like 4

Just now, ChewyChocolate said:

Gwangjong will make special Won ton dumplings from Won's balls. No waste. Wook can eat them for breakfast.

After all, they married their sisters and half sisters they can go ahead and eat their own human balls. LOL

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Ainee Etp said:

I am apprehensive about the mask scene in next week. Seems like WS doing something romantic for her like a lantern festival.

I notice whenever WS has some bad news that he hesitates to tell Soo (like the marriage with his niece), he will compensate with something romantic. PLEASE TELL ME HE'S NOT TELLING SOO THAT HE'S MARRYING PRINCESS SNAKE!! :crazy::crazy:

Someone please give my OTP a break! 

Now that you say that it reminds me that almost every romantic date has gone wrong in some shape or form (except Bday stargazing). This one's probably going to be ruined by him breaking the marriage news to her or something! And I remember him not married at that point so chances are high...

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, roneddski said:

I wonder why Jung chooses to blame So for killing Eun.. When he arrived at the scene, he should have seen So protecting Eun from the soldiers, right? And when Eun was struck by Yo's arrow, So went down and held him in his arms.. The level of concern So showed is so genuine.. wouldn't it occur to Jung that So took the decision to kill Eun against his will? Or that Eun might had requested him to?

When So was laughing hysterically with tears in his eyes after killing Eun.. that scene was so moving! I literally feel all the agony he is suffering inside, and the hurt written across his face.. I just want to applause LJK for that brilliant acting. Makes mi cry with him.

I think the one thing that Yo did right was to shoot the arrow that So blocked for Soo. It reignited their love which So had suppressed in his quest to become king and helped Soo reaffirm that So did not change after all. When Soo asked So if he still love her.. I'm glad he replied with the best answer - a kiss! That's like more powerful than saying 10 times I Love You. :P

One word: BLISSFUL IGNORANCE. Sorry, that's 2 words!
Jung has never liked So. I blame Evil Queen for that. But also because I think, deep deep down, he knows he cannot compete with So - in terms of skills (Jung likes to play warrior and go on fights, but So is more skilful) and love (he cannot be sooo blind as not to notice So and Soo). Oh wait.. yeah he is.
*shake head helplessly :huh:

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, yuhotarubi said:

I'm mad, they should've added the hug after the kiss.

That's what I thought as well. They are two different things! The hug was necessary and so were the kisses. Why can't we just have a mixture of both versions to make the ULTIMATE episode?! I would worthship SBS if they did that!

• Like 10

Ep 16:

1. So's deranged laugh is the highlight of the killing scene. LJG shows his versatility once again.

2. The morbid scene when Jung, Soo and General sit helplessly among the dead bodies in a clear, sunny day. (Usually sad scenes are accompanied with rain)

3. The fact that Hae Soo's letter arrived too late is sad. Just when she decide to trust him after all...

4.another time jump. WHAAA--

5. Soo's moment when she traced the scars on So's back. Swoon swoon swoon with "what the heck are you doing! Take care of that wound immediately!" Complaint my sis

6. I can so imagine Jung's request to Yo. Along the lines of marrying Soo or ask her to become his attendant.

7. Jung: more balls than brain. Still this is too much. Is he going to marry Soo in the end?

8. Wook doing nothing beside glaring and sulking most of the time in this episode

9. The candle. That metaphor. Please tell me the deed has been done.

10. So will become the Emperor and Soo is his concubine? What a delicate position.

• Like 20

18 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

Maybe so and I also I believe his change will make her leave him. 

Still the mask scene looks so pretty.

Spoiler

CvDn_hWUEAAaQlG.jpg

cto

• Like 21