[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Hmm..how to put this together.

Basically when wangso defeat wangwook in the battle. He also crushing the whole hwangbo clan. So it is not necessary for him to marry yeonhwa to get the throne. But yes according to history they are married couple, though no explanation in what year they got married, the only thing I know is gwangjong/wangso first child born 6 years after he ruled goryeo. And this version might be different with SOGC. Wangso could marry yeonhwa for political reason or because of her scheme. She looks like holding grudge against wangso mom, queen yoo, I guess yeonhwa has hidden intention to use wangso for personal gain.

• Like 14

Just now, innrukia said:

Hi all, 

I am new here. Just to share if you watched jang hyuk version, then you would realise wang so married to hae soo 1st then princess yeohwa. The reason he married the princess was to secure his power in order to become a king and protect hae soo....

Hi!

Don't try to predict what will happen in MLSHR based on "Shine or go crazy"'s plot. These two dramas are totally different.

The first 3 episodes of MLSHR prove this.

Common between them is only the male lead - prince Wang So.

In "Shine or go crazy" the female lead is Shin Yool, the last princess of Balhae. In MLSHR the female lead is Hae Soo - time traveler. The relations between Wang So and his mother, or between him and his brothers are very different.

• Like 13

43 minutes ago, Diana Blanche said:

So she marries WS? It's from ep.4? Sooo quick! But they barely know each other. It seems that during that era they had no time for lovey-dovey.

Hmm... but she looks happy in that picture.

I'm not sure either they will get married in this version and i dont think it's from ep 4. 

There is possibilities since in Jang Hyuk version Hae Soo disappear with 1 of the prince. I would say go shine storyline is much more similar to Moonlover rather than chinese version. Again im just sharing another perspective in our discussion:sweatingbullets:

31 minutes ago, leedean said:

Hi!

Don't try to predict what will happen in MLSHR based on "Shine or go crazy"'s plot. These two dramas are totally different.

The first 3 episodes of MLSHR prove this.

Common between them is only the male lead - prince Wang So.

In "Shine or go crazy" the female lead is Shin Yool, the last princess of Balhae. In MLSHR the female lead is Hae Soo - time traveler. The relations between Wang So and his mother, or between him and his brothers are very different.

Hello

another perspective wont harm this discussion isn't it? Since most of the character has the same name & it shares the same motive why prince 8th & wang so start the battle for the throne. 

I watched the c-version & there is similarity yet in my opinion the scar in jang hyuk (wang so) heart is similar to what current ljg (wang so) has..

• Like 10

6763574482_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Has anyone noticed that Wang So's mask has changed? His nose is no longer covered. Not only the form has changed, but the colours and the material. It seems to be less frightening. So this reflects that he has changed his mind. Hsi goal: he doesn't want to scare HS. However, he is still insecure about his face and scar.

In my opinion, Wang So will support Wang Mu for a while because he saved him his life 15 years ago, but he also witnessed the tragic incident with the scar. I am sure that Wang Mu is the only one who knows Wang So the best therefore he proposed him the deal (exchange his role in the ritual). Therefore he trusted Wang So in the investigation too.

@LyraYoo thanks for the compliment!! crazy monkeyI am glad that my work is appreciated besides it helps us a lot to wait until tomorrow!!

@luci13 I am so glad that you are joining this thread!! Looking forward to our exchange of thoughts! raccoon

• Like 19

tumblr_ocz9ayNH1R1r3hugwo6_400.giftumblr_ocz9ayNH1R1r3hugwo4_400.gif
tumblr_ocz9ayNH1R1r3hugwo2_400.giftumblr_ocz9ayNH1R1r3hugwo8_400.gif
tumblr_ocz9ayNH1R1r3hugwo9_400.giftumblr_ocz9ayNH1R1r3hugwo5_400.gif

inspired by this post by @naeungorl 

The foundations of Wang So’s characters are based around the fact that he isn’t treated in the same manner as those around him. His mother wants nothing to do with him, he’s isolated from his brothers, he has to hide half his face because that’s the only way he’d even be allowed in the palace with his scar, he could quite literally put his life on the line to protect others without receiving so much as a glance in his direction, he’s been painted as a villain who slaughtered entire clans and the only time anyone has to come to him was to use him as a cover. 

And so he turns his isolation into his strength. He continues to visit his mother pretending to be unphased by her disregard. He makes it that he is separating himself from his brothers as  opposed to them being the ones isolating him. He attacks those who see his scar, owning it as something no one is worthy of seeing and not something he is forced to hide. And above all, if they call him a villain, he takes on the name, allows them to fear him. Because at least then, he can exist. 

• Like 24

Oh boy, so many pages whizzed pass since I checked in the morning, really hard to keep up with everyone's comments, but I do try to scan through everyone's post just to get everyone's perspective :)

Singapore iweekly magazine has put IU on the cover as well as the 4th prince. I will get my hands on a copy as soon as I can tomorrow and see what is featured inside!

IUI.jpg

And Joon Gi's swordskills? OMO, am so mesmerized! :D

Why is it that his face look so feminine but his action and voice is so manly at the same time? One in a million I say.

• Like 15

3 hours ago, ilovekorearocks said:

Its a wonderful song, I hope someone creates an FMV using this song. Was there any speculations that the OST's will be similar to this in feels? I think I've read it somewhere before they were aiming for an OST with the same emotion.

Yes...songs like the one posted of King and the Clown were the music team first idea after listening to Bubujinxin OST (Scarlet Heart), but then they changed their mind and go with rap lol xD :lol: 

• Like 7

Just now, innrukia said:

in my opinion the scar in jang hyuk (wang so) heart is similar to what current ljg (wang so) has..

I don't think that it is similar. LJG's Wang So has a more dramatic past. The reasons of bad relations between Wang So and his mother are different in these two dramas. I doubt that in MLSHR their relation can be repaired as easily as it was in SoGC by simple mother's invitation to tea.

• Like 13

52 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

@peny THAT'S RIGHT!! I totally forgot about Wang Eun's wedding (I was tempted to call him Baekhyun too, but I'm going to have to keep practicing Eun's name because I keep forgetting it :lol:)

maybe IU hasn't finished doing her make-up when they took that shot :sweatingbullets:

just a crazy opinion from the back of my mind...

• Like 12

15 minutes ago, innrukia said:

Hello:wub:

another perspective wont harm this discussion isn't it? Since most of the character has the same name & it shares the same motive why prince 8th & wang so start the battle for the throne. 

I watched the c-version & there is similarity yet in my opinion the scar in jang hyuk (wang so) heart is similar to what current ljg (wang so) has..

Yess we are open for discussion.

But I agree with leedean that haesoo and shinyool are different. Also in Moonlovers, haesoo wasn't wook fiance. You are kind of right about why they fought for the throne but the difference in MLSHR is even if wook lets say become the king, I am pretty sure, he still can't marry haesoo. She has made her choice, wook can't force her to be his wife because haesoo love wangso. But in SOGC, I think shinyool engaged with wook. I didn't finish that drama so not sure about the story.

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, qwenli said:

Why is it that his face look so feminine but his action and voice is so manly at the same time? One in a million I say.

lol....when I showed my mom one of LJKs pic saying see my fav K-hero whom I am investing my precious time these days and first thing she said was he looks so feminine.... and I was like I am dying staring at his pics and you said so...

• Like 14

26 minutes ago, qwenli said:

Oh boy, so many pages whizzed pass since I checked in the morning, really hard to keep up with everyone's comments, but I do try to scan through everyone's post just to get everyone's perspective :)

Singapore iweekly magazine has put IU on the cover as well as the 4th prince. I will get my hands on a copy as soon as I can tomorrow and see what is featured inside!

Spoiler

IUI.jpg

And Joon Gi's swordskills? OMO, am so mesmerized! :D

ohh that magazine cover :phew: hehehe I wonder how WS will react if he sees Haesoo wears short jeans :D:D:D

• Like 14

Thankyou everyone for giving explanation and prediction for the ending....

Though I hold my self not to put too high expectation for WS and HS to be together....but I do hope that this Korean version can make something different from chinese version....or allowed to modify the history to satisfy the viewers....

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

lol....when I showed my mom one of LJKs pic saying see my fav K-hero whom I am investing my precious time these days and first thing she said was he looks so feminine.... and I was like I am dying staring at his pics and you said so...

Show her LJG's swords skill. :lol: she will change from so feminine to oppa is so cool, so manly :D 

GM_20160904_70949.gif

• Like 19

1 minute ago, peny said:

Show her LJG's swords skill. :lol: she will change from so feminine to oppa is so cool, so manly :D 

thats one amazing gif....ill try to show her but she is already behind me to stop being obessesed about Kdramas and Kheros.. she will think of it my trick to get permission to keep on going....

• Like 13

Just now, KdramaSwimmer said:

Yeah.. He looks less manly than other actors, but this is to his advantage, cause he is not limited by his appearance. His phenomenal talent allows him to play any role in his brilliant way.

• Like 14