Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

@irilight with regards to the look of the show, I actually watched it on TV and its beautiful. It cannot be true that it doesnt look good on Korean TV, being the advance techie country they are, their TV are mostly high definition and the show should look good! :D

----------------

I find it interesting that Joongi posted a pix to say Always Smile. A clear message to all to keep the spirits up. I am not sure if he realise he is wearing a t-shirt with the word - Analysis.:D I am so happy that he knows some English!

actorig.jpg

• Like 18

@skxz @louisawatson @meahri_1 Total agreement. I also think that IU... with her not quite perfected acting skills... brings an element of vulnerability and freshness that I think the director wanted. I think he wanted the lead to seem slightly unsophisticated .. she's always just slightly off.....whether in who to trust in the 21st century or what's going on in Goryeo..... 

• Like 17

11 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

im quoting this as bookmark. if we did not get this scene i will ask you the fanfic..ekekekeke =)))

Haha. Call! ^^

10 hours ago, peny said:

Oh. I heard the name of this ship from knets is SoHae. Will we use the same name or we already have another name for wangso and haesoo ship?

SoHae? That doesn't really follow the standard way couple names are created, but then... our Wang So and Hae Soo is anything but standard! I like it!!

But since so many people seem to like SoSoo (which I personally don't since it reminds me of another couple name, but I can't recall which one), maybe we can do a variation of it? Like So2 Couple? (I like that the S and the 2 almost looks like a heart... with a full moon in the middle. Hehe)

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, uuugogirl said:

The moment when you realize that 14th prince is doomed

is that the scene where his mother see So slapping 14th prince Jung?

i seriously want a scene where Yo later founds this out and gets so angry that despite Jung trying to stop him, Yo slaps So telling So never to touch his younger brother again, where there happened to be all other princes. and Jung just helplessly look at his older brothers in horror. then So would weakly response that he's also Yo's younger brother. 

i really want a backstory flashback where younger Yo and So in a happy brotherly relationship before their mother hurt So.

• Like 10

actually I cant believe the villiany couple got a name first - YoYo whereas our otp and sub otp hasnt got a name. :D:D

but I like it, it means things are still fluid. Its really an interesting show, I will like to see how SoSoo fall in love.

actually I just got inspired by K2, maybe SoSoo should just be So2 ? lol

• Like 16

1 hour ago, skxz said:

http://www.koreaboo.com/buzz/female-actresses-considered-ius-role-recent-drama/

Not sure if you guys have seen this but I found it rather interesting. I personally feel like IU honestly fits this role perfectly with her youthful appearance and cute charm. I believe the heroine is 16 so casting IU was definitely a great decision. 

People may argue that the other two actresses have better acting skills than IU and that the show would have done better if they were casted but I beg to differ. As I've said before I think IU's acting is good. In comparison to LJK and KHN she is still lacking but I think the beauty in that is we will see her improve throughout the series. I also feel appearance plays a huge role in whether the portrayal of a character is accurate and believable to the audience and I could not imagine either of the mentioned actresses as Hae Soo. This was definitely an interesting article.

These are just my thoughts and opinions :) 

What do you guys think?

I agree.  IU is really fit to take this role more than those two.. I like HJE really like her. But I think KSR or HJE can't fit with this role. If they have to act 16 yo girl ther body can't suit it really well. They are a tall woman anyway.. and if you comepare with LJK body.. maybe it little bit funny.. because LJK body was so thin. Their more like a noona than a little girl. Look more mature than the younger actor. And the interaction with wang eun can't be cute. Like now   ....

An portraying a michievous girl.  Its little bit to much.. their acting was so good. But they can do that if its a flashback scene. If they have to act the whole 5 episode.. I think it more weird and awkward than IU do.. 

Its not about your own acting.. but you have a good chemistry and interaction to another partner.

IU has a good interaction and a good chemistry with the other prince to. Not just the leading male actor. 

Did anyone notice .. every IU scene she wear a big hanbok. And her walk is funny like a little kid.. 

So we can see. She is as a 16 yo girl... when she grown up as maid or when she wear a white lovely hanbok in the photoshoot.. her attitudes and gestures of her body is different..

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, qwenli said:

actually I cant believe the villiany couple got a name first - YoYo whereas our otp and sub otp hasnt got a name. :D:D

but I like it, it means things are still fluid. Its really an interesting show, I will like to see how SoSoo fall in love.

actually I just got inspired by K2, maybe SoSoo should just be So2 ? lol

Great minds think alike? lol.

I literally just posted the suggestion for So2 a few minutes before you did!

"But since so many people seem to like SoSoo (which I personally don't since it reminds me of another couple name, but I can't recall which one), maybe we can do a variation of it? Like So2 Couple? (I like that the S and the 2 almost looks like a heart... with a full moon in the middle. Hehe)"

Maybe we can really put So2 in the running now! :D

• Like 14

did you guys think that all the prince understand Haesoo behavior toward all people??

i mean in that period women get married early plus they are so virtuous and proper lady.. no contact with other men especially not the one who have no relationship.. that's why they curious about her.. she just so not fit into their world and that Haesoo charm that make all the prince like her as a friend or more.. 

i kinda pity Wangso in this one.. i mean he have to share her attention with all his brother.. lol

p.s Wangso and Wangwook face is like they the one who fight all the bad guy but 14th prince who get the hug... LOL

• Like 19

I just got done watching the director's cut episodes 1-3 (It's free until Monday from SBS VOD - you have to create an account here). I'm really happy with the changes they made, but also mad that they didn't do this in the first place. One of the most crucial scenes included in this one is of Su kind of praying out loud (well more like a confession of her confused feelings about Wook) to her mom near the stone piles and So eavesdropping and then telling her to quit it. So is very cynical about the significance of "mother," to which Soo replies with, "No matter what wrong I do, mom would stick out for me, understand me, and tell me that I'll be OK; the one and only person I can count on to be on my side." So of course sneers at that, saying that you can't count on anybody. You have to fend for yourself. Still, this little exchange looks like it had an impact on his dilemma - turn in his mom and acquire his own freedom to live in Songak or destroy all evidence and protect her even if it means he has to go back to being a hostage? It's all so tragic as the previews already tell us how his mom reacts to this devoted son. 

I'm kind of reminded of a scene from Great Queen SeonDeok where young Bi Dam killed some people that offended him and came to his master with such a naive, bright smile, expecting a praise. Of course, So's expectations are probably less dramatic than that, but both are king's sons that were abandoned by their own birth mothers, hungry for affection, acknowledgement, or any sort of validation. It's no wonder So will be obsessed with Soo soon... 

• Like 21

@ruizaio agreed!!! the director cut make more sense and the flow of the plot is more solid and not all over the place like before.. it highlight the most thing properly..

1. before Haesoo chase Wangsoo into the wood she flashback the part where he left the hairpin and she want to return it.. before we as viewer wondering why she chase.. she not busybody or anything she just want to return the hairpin..

2.about Wangso confronting Haesoo about mom and all the stuff it actually laid a foundation in Haesoo mind what Wangso been experiencing in his life.. that's why when she see Wangso sitting alone she want to go talk to him but gave up the idea.. its a crucial scene but get cut...?? 

• Like 18

Good Morning and Happy Blessed Sunday to Everyone

A little bit of something for the WW/HS shippers. I like their exchange of lines :blush: *off to back-reading the pages on this thread*

• Like 15

@ruizaio hi this may sound sudden since I've never talked on this thread before, but are you able to provide me a link for the directors cut? Bcos i signed into SBS VOD but i couldn't find it, only found the original episodes. Or is it already taken down?

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, ilovekorearocks said:

Good Morning and Happy Blessed Sunday to Everyone

A little bit of something for the WW/HS shippers. I like their exchange of lines :blush: *off to back-reading the pages on this thread*

Wow. What an amazing (and too short) FMV for WW/HS. I love the way the lines were compiled and the scenes they used in conjunction with it. I got chills from watching it!

(Just like in the C-version, I am happily shipping her with 8th until things with 4th start progressing. lol.  Where SH is concerned, there's no shame in jumping ship, in my opinion. Haha.)

• Like 9

3 hours ago, violet90 said:

wow there so many page to been through... thank you i have a blast reading all of you insight and firstly i want to address that there is no way a pre production drama get cancel also the fact that they have sold it to other country.. keep calm and love MLSHR :)

about Wang wook i actually have to admit that this guy really love Haesoo.. in 1 episode you can see how serious he is with Haesoo when he said 'i don't care what you do except do not make my wife worry' here we can safely said that he just see her as someone related to his wife.. after watching how she just do all the thing that she want speak what she want even worry about him.. something that he did't get used to cause its always him to play that role.. but i kinda shock that we will see a wolf from him too when concern to Haesoo he just became another man.. his face when Wangso claim Haesoo its just pure anger.. both of them are alpha mean Wangso and Wangwook will do anything to protect their love one.. its just they both love the same girl...  so when collide i can't even imagine..

p.s the scene where they fight and after that show Haesoo teary eyes its a symbolic of this drama.. bottom line the one that they been fighting is Haesoo not the throne.. and the pain in Haesoo eyes knowing that both guy that she had loved and being in love fighting to death for her..

You are so right chingu! Soo don't know that the only one who could hold him back and tone back his savageness is her. After she left, he must think that So kidnapped her or took her away from him deliberately despite been warned. Hence, no more mister nice guy. I don't think he change a lot but it's just he never truly shows his color. He is dark to begin with. His light persona all this years is based on artificial light because he's a politician. Hae Soo is his real light. The way his face light up with a real smile when she's around is just adorable.  Did you notice in the trailer that after his wife died and he begin seeing Hae Soo his robes become more fancier and lighter in color but change to darker when she left? The scene where he sit and think with dark aura is one of my fave.

I think he is an alpha wolf to begin with. No man have such a great an ambition to ultimate power of a country has no sharp teeth to bite his enemy. He's been crafting his skill to that all this quite years. It's just no one expecting it. That's my thought based on the profile poster. Hae Soo plays a major role on his choices to rebel but that is not all. WS is dealing with a perfect enemy with years of knowledge and experiences in WW. 

He's my beautiful lonely wolf, in a sense more lonelier than So, without Hae Soo. And when that wolf come out from its hiding I'll be there to cheer hahaha.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, skxz said:

http://www.koreaboo.com/buzz/female-actresses-considered-ius-role-recent-drama/

Not sure if you guys have seen this but I found it rather interesting. I personally feel like IU honestly fits this role perfectly with her youthful appearance and cute charm. I believe the heroine is 16 so casting IU was definitely a great decision. 

People may argue that the other two actresses have better acting skills than IU and that the show would have done better if they were casted but I beg to differ. As I've said before I think IU's acting is good. In comparison to LJK and KHN she is still lacking but I think the beauty in that is we will see her improve throughout the series. I also feel appearance plays a huge role in whether the portrayal of a character is accurate and believable to the audience and I could not imagine either of the mentioned actresses as Hae Soo. This was definitely an interesting article.

These are just my thoughts and opinions :) 

What do you guys think?

I don't think they would suit the role. They don't really fit the fresh faced youthful image for Hae Soo. Plus the way IU portrays the spunky unruly behavior is charming. The part I also like is that Hae Soo looks young, but the way she talks sound like she's older... like when she's scolding Wang Eun and Wang So. I think that's part of her charm, like they're probably asking why is this young girl (Hae Soo) talking to me like this (Ha Jin)... she's not just talking differently just because she's from the future, she's also talking differently because she's older.

I saw this side by side here earlier and she exudes a different aura. One is innocent and youthful and the other mature and hardened by life experiences

0yypLY.jpg

PS I'm new here! Hello :)

Edited by notintoyou
  • Like 18