Soompi Forums is moving!!

soomp

@liddi
Reputation points will be preserved. 
Custom level titles can be created and they can only be achieved based on post counts.
We are currently looking into the progression system with title rankings (trainee-immortal). We are unsure if it's going to be reset or not.
As for individual user groups, the status of this matter is unknown and will be discussed in further details when we have enough information.
The signature feature is already available with the new host. There's a possibility our current signatures cannot be transferred.
EDIT: Signatures will be imported! :)
---
Our team is searching alternatives with reaction buttons. - Like (+) and Dislike (-) buttons are built-in features in the IPB forum software and are unlikely to be changed unfortunately.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

liddi said: May I also know whether we will still be able to retain the panel colors unique to our individual user groups e.g. SoGonger, Goguma, etc, as well as our individual signatures? These hold a special meaning to us, and we would love to be able to keep them if we can. Thank you. I have forwarded your concern about retaining the individual panel colors to @soomp on FaceBook. It should be possible I believe. :-/

uglypearl said: How about the soompiers accessing using facebook and google?
Are they affected as well ?
Can They Login in the temporary forum and the new forums as well ?
Are we going to register again to the new forums?

@uglypearl
No, members don't have to register again when Soompi is changing the forum software.
Your Soompi ID login will work in the temporary forums as well the new forums when it goes live.
It is highly advisable to update your account's username and password before the transition via "Edit My Profile".
(soomp: i edited out the different login methods because we won't have that - just the same current login we have on Soompi)

Excuse me, but...it seems that no one already active on this site has had, or will have, any putative SAY in what happens!!

OK   I can understand that I, personally, have no financial investment in this enterprise and cannot dictate the final  legal form of Soompi,  but....

Why the sudden transition?? 

What on earth involving "technical problems" has generated this massive overhaul?  Why did you not take into account the many concerns the Soompi people have voiced?

You give us a very short window to comment, but you really don't care what we say because this is a DONE DEAL!

victorb said:Hope the transition goes smoothly and thank you for the great job at keeping Soompi going :)
My question about the impact this transition will have is: If the reaction buttons are gone will we still be able to improve our status by getting a certain number of (+) or will it be based solely on the amount of posts?
User rankings will be based on posts, not on reputation points.
liddi said:

Will all our existing PMs be migrated to the new forum? There are currently group PMs that I am a part of, which I would be sad to see gone, since they tie so intrinsically to the wonderful memories and spazzing with friends made on this platform.
Yes.

Quick question: for someone who has been around since 2005, are we going back to that platform?

It was convenient in some ways. I hope the project goes well, all! Looking forward to a different interface somehow. Best of luck for that whole week! (Yikes!)

Honestly, I don't like/prefer the (-) dislike button.

There are times some people just press the dislike buttons lightly.

Some people press dislike buttons because they hate the person who commented or they just don't feel like it, some also pressing dislike button without valid reason.

Dislike buttons
could discourage people to post comments and also create tensions with many people.

========================================================
Question : Can we also edit our posts in the new forum?
           How about posting videos, gifs and pics? Is it the same in the new forum?

@ebullient, @HanyeounThank you for your clarification. Looking forward to good news regarding the panel colours and a possible variation of our current reaction buttons.
Will our bookmarks also be migrated?In the event we do encounter problems with the new interface e.g. logging in, is there a feedback form/contact on Soompi that we can highlight our issues? 

A little (okay, a lot!) nostalgic about having to say goodbye to this interface... it has been a learning curve, and I had great fun exploring the different features (not that I was much good in applying them!). Just when I was finally getting the hang of how to do spoiler tags properly without having to resort to multiple edits... shucks! :(:D
Either way, am slowly saying my goodbyes to this interface, and anticipating pleasant surprises in the new one. All the best with the migration!

liddi

said:

Will our bookmarks also be migrated?
In the event we do encounter problems with the new interface e.g. logging in, is there a feedback form/contact on Soompi that we can highlight our issues? 

1- We are investigating if bookmarks will be migrated. Otherwise, members would need to save bookmarks on their computer so they will be able to visit topics right away. Please come back here for details. This post will be updated.
2 - In the advent of login issues, please contact this email for technical support: support@soompi.com by providing your username and query. It is best to send a message through the email members signed their accounts with. This will be easier for us for identifying users.

uglypearl

said:

========================================================
Question : Can we also edit our posts in the new forum?
           How about posting videos, gifs and pics? Is it the same in the new forum?

Can I hide on my online status from other members to the new forum 
(Hiding my username in "Who's Online in this Forum")?
1- There's a high probability members can edit their posts on the new forum. Posting videos and pictures, the format could be different. We will update this following tutorial: Click here!
2 - There's a feature in IPB that allows members to sign in anonymously meaning hiding their username from the active list. However, it is not certain we will add this option. Please come back here for details. This post will be updated. 

pnaysurfer84

said: Quick question: for someone who has been around since 2005, are we going back to that platform?

Yes, that's the plan!

LavelyShai said: MyStars said:

Excuse me, but...it seems that no one already active on this site has had, or will have, any putative SAY in what happens!! OK   I can understand that I, personally, have no financial investment in this enterprise and cannot dictate the final form of legal of Soompi,  but....

Why the sudden transition??  What on earth involving "technical problems" has generated this massive overhaul?  Why did you not take into account the many concerns the Soompi people have voiced?

You give us a very short window to comment, but you really don't care what we say because this is a DONE DEAL!

@MyStars
The decision to transition from one platform to another was not made lightly. A lot was taken into consideration, including what Soompiers would like to see on the forums, over an extended amount of time and we honestly felt that the move was necessary. While we pay for the platform, it does not mean that we have the ability to permanently resolve all of the technical issues, especially as they only seem to increase over time. We have, of course, attempted to rectify these issues, but we have simply reached the point in which we are forced to take a different course of action.

The concerns being expressed here are all, without a doubt, being heard and are being taken very seriously. We respect all of our members and always hope to exceed expectations by attempting to bring the best forum experience to each individual. It may seem like we are doing nothing from a different standpoint, but behind the scenes, we are, in actuality, using all of the sources we have available to find something on the new platform that will be comparable to the current reaction buttons that we have. If it is at all possible to use other unique buttons instead of the likes and dislikes, then we will certainly make that happen.

Even for us, the reaction buttons are a loved feature, so we understand why it is upsetting to hear that we will be losing it, but again, we are working on improving the forums in all aspects and we most definitely are looking into doing what we can in regards to the reactions. Our goal is to make this transitional period as smooth as possible for each and every single one of our members and we are diligently working towards resolving all of the concerns being expressed here.

@auntie mame 
I remember that there was a flag or report button at the time, which sort of functioned as an off-topic button. But yes, I agree that the reaction buttons will surely be missed by everyone here. 
Seeing a bunch of soompi friends agree with your post by marking it insightful, awesome, or LOL-worthy is a joy to see. It just makes you want to post more because you know that you're understood, and that you're getting your point across, despite the fact that we're all from different countries all over the globe. :D

bella1025 said: @auntie mame 
I remember that there was a flag or report button at the time, which sort of functioned as an off-topic button. But yes, I agree that the reaction buttons will surely be missed by everyone here. 
Seeing a bunch of soompi friends agree with your post by marking it insightful, awesome, or LOL-worthy is a joy to see. It just makes you want to post more because you know that you're understood, and that you're getting your point across, despite the fact that we're all from different countries all over the globe. :D

akinahana89 said:. While we pay for the platform, it does not mean that we have the ability to permanently resolve all of the technical issues, especially as they only seem to increase over time. We have, of course, attempted to rectify these issues, but we have simply reached the point in which we are forced to take a different course of action.
Say What?
You are paying the bill and you can't make them live up to the contract?  Will this be any different with a new contractor?

Archived