Soompi Forums is moving!!

soomp

@Hanyeoun said:

uglypearl said: I also meant about the automatically save feature on posts (automatically saving your post when you leave it just few seconds).
Even when you logged out and logged in again your unfinished post is there. I really like that too.
Is this feature also going to be gone too in the new forum?

how about soompier's names with space separation?
in this forum, when we mentioned a soompier with a name that has a space between them (@user name), only the first word of the soompier's name is highlighted. is it also the same with the new forum as well?

There are times I forgot the soompier's name or the spelling of the soompier's name.
Is there an instant search feature in the new forum that when we type it automatically searches suggestions of the soompier's username, just like in the inbox section?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DJG said: @Hanyeoun said:

uglypearl said: I also meant about the automatically save feature on posts (automatically saving your post when you leave it just few seconds).
Even when you logged out and logged in again your unfinished post is there. I really like that too.

in this forum, when we mentioned a soompier with a name that has a space between them (@user name), only the first word of the soompier's name is highlighted. is it also the same with the new forum as well?

There are times I forgot the soompier's name or the spelling of the soompier's name.
Is there an instant search feature in the new forum that when we type it automatically searches suggestions of the soompier's username, just like in the inbox section?

Original Post | FAQ ]
Hi guys,
Thanks for your feedback, and big props to all the mods who have been diligently passing on your questions and answering them here.
To be migrated:

• PM's (including group) 
  • Signatures
  • Bookmarks
  • Custom user groups (SoGonger, etc)
  • Ranks
  • Won't be migrated:
  • Reactions
  • Badges
  • Saved Drafts
  • You will be redirected to the temporary forum once we go down for maintenance around 8am PT / 11am ET Tuesday / 12am KST Wednesday where you can login with your normal Soompi login method.
    This will be a BLANK forum with some placeholders created for the X most popular Official Threads for your convenience. You are welcome to start a topic for anything not covered, but please check to see that someone hasn't already created it. 
    All posts and PM's made in the temp forum will be imported into the real forum once we go live.
    I know a lot of people are unhappy about losing Reactions (sorry :x), but we will have a "Like This" feature where you can see who liked your post (no negative points).
    There will be no "Save as Draft" button, but there is auto-save. 
    There is a @mentions feature with a nice drop-down that will hopefully be working.
    Things will be a little rocky as the new host gets used to our traffic patterns, both for the temp forums as well as when we go live, so thanks a lot for your patience, and fingers crossed for a smooth-as-possible transition.
    -soomp

ebullient said: DJG said: Hanyeoun said: 1 - Drafts will most likely be gone. The save feature will most likely be gone too. 
EDIT: There's a save feature for every 2 minutes in the box editor.
2 - EDIT: Invision does not support username mentions.
3 - We don't know how much Invision has improved with the search feature. There could be one like Vanilla.

DJG said: ebullient said: DJG said: @Hanyeoun said:

Sorry for being pedantic but for group PMs that we need to recreate under temp forums (are these called "Chat" there?), do we need to give them the same subject as our existing group PM subject, so that they can be remerged back into the original PM in the new forum once the migration is complete?
Or would PMs recreated under temp forums be imported as new PMs (not updating the original PM) in the new forum?

soomp said:
You will be redirected to the temporary forum once we go down for maintenance around 8am PT / 11am ET Tuesday / 12am KST Wednesday where you can login with your normal Soompi login method.
This will be a BLANK forum with some placeholders created for the X most popular Official Threads for your convenience. You are welcome to start a topic for anything not covered, but please check to see that someone hasn't already created it. 

OO1230 said: soomp said:
You will be redirected to the temporary forum once we go down for maintenance around 8am PT / 11am ET Tuesday / 12am KST Wednesday where you can login with your normal Soompi login method.

I will miss the old reaction icons coz i gain friends through that reaction icons..i'm having a problem at times in logging in at Soompi coz i used both cellphone and computer..hope this issue will resolve on the new migration in upgrading this site..luckily it did not came to a point that i create a new username to log in at Soompi as what other chingus experience coz they are complaining about it..good luck for the new invision and migration.. :-)

Gaah...I dread the idea of having to create a temp forum, I have no idea if my favorite thread is a popular site, if not, will creating one be difficult? Yeah I know, I sound like a scared little kid, but I've only had to post stuff before. But anyhow, will this new place show us whose online on our forum only, rather than whose online for the entire other forums in our category? Thnx.

liddi said: Sorry for being pedantic but for group PMs that we need to recreate under temp forums (are these called "Chat" there?), do we need to give them the same subject as our existing group PM subject, so that they can be remerged back into the original PM in the new forum once the migration is complete?
Or would PMs recreated under temp forums be imported as new PMs (not updating the original PM) in the new forum? I heard you guys have a mega-epic private message thread going. They will still be called "Messages" on the new forum, but I would assume that PM threads will not be merged, only imported as a new message as there aren't any tools for merging messages.
Even though there won't be the same reactions, you'll still be able to see who liked your post, and you can also follow people and write on their "wall," so hopefully it will actually be easier to make friends :D

@soompLOL Yes... we have about 80 people chatting away in group PM currently.Seeing the PM threads will not be merged, we shall treat the new PM thread created in the temp forum as our new home :DAre there any limits on IPS as to how many people can be added to a PM thread and max number of messages a thread can hold before we need to create a new one?

Only moderators and administrators will have their user groups at the temporary forums.

Members will have (Member) status.

The custom user groups (SoGonger, Goguma, Friend of Soompi, and etc.) will be available after the migration.

Is the thread of popular Thai drama series Love Sick active during offline?

http://forums.soompi.com/en/discussion/2024175/current-thailand-drama-2014-love-sick-the-series

Season 2 (Continuation of the drama) is going to start this Saturday, May 2, 2015

uglypearl said: Is the thread of popular Thai drama series Love Sick active during offline?

http://forums.soompi.com/en/discussion/2024175/current-thailand-drama-2014-love-sick-the-series

Season 2 (Continuation of the drama) is going to start this Saturday, May 2, 2015

• soomp unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived