Quantcast
czakhareina

[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

:D:D:D This thread. Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. Everyone Believes a side is superior to the others. What one person sees may not be agreeable to what the other sees and vice-versa.

In the end, its up to the writer and DS to choose who she decides to end up with and be happy. Right now, she needs to focus on herself . DS might decide to be a nun for the sake of the husband game.lol. who knows?

• Like 9

1 hour ago, carolinedl said:

Did I ever say that?!? I don't doubt Taek's romantic interest for DS at all, on the contrary, I recognize his feelings fully; what I am saying is that he is expressing it in such a way that's hard to see as romantic love, by doing some of things he is doing, he is encouraging the type of relationship in which DS babies him. LIke I said in the part you cited above, it is nthe way that love can be read that is problematic for me...

@CarolinedlI 

Sorry, my system seems haunted. I missed "interpreted BY DS"

• Like 1

@packmule3 Your post.is simply.awesome.No doubt.I also ship any good script...but more than love ..I think the basis of love is also important.Just saying.

• Like 3

@packmule3 wow, that is very detailed. I cannot help but agree to your points why JH is the husband. I am just shock how much detail you put in on Taek's first love. Gosh my taek-ds heart cannot help but hope more. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, athie_aza said:

If JH really become a doctor and goes in same hospital like trash oppa there will be 3 doctor Kim rite. Kim Jae Joon (trash), Kim Jung Hwan and Kim Joon Ki aka Michael. Haha...

What is with this team and the love for Kim lol. I know it's a very common surname but can't they throw in some Lee's or something. I about died when in R94 I found out all the men were Joon something. Seriously, of all the men in all of Seoul she just happens to live with everyone named Joon....

• Like 3

One thing I have always enjoyed is reading the posts of everyone with different perspectives. I don't think I have ever been  in a drama thread where no shipping has taken place. Many shippers would give their reasons why one character should be with the female lead and there are usually discussions about the main male lead and the second male lead.  The second lead syndrome. The only problem here is that we are not too sure who is the second lead. I remember reading early on that SW was probably the husband ( since he has a lot of dramas under his belt) and he seemed the obvious choice until his love for his noona was revealed. Park Bo Gum aka Taek is also well known after completing I remember you but he was not an obvious contender until the snowfall and movie date request. He kinda snuck in there (LOL)

As for Ryu Jun Yeol, I admit I was clueless about who he was and glad I 'discovered' him through this drama. He is really expressive and if you watch him carefully, he actually expresses many emotions through his eyes and his overall body language and posture. 

However, I think Jin Joo might be feeling a bit left out. 

husband_zpsa7acgkop.jpg

:blush:

• Like 13

26 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

As promised –

The main arguments for JH:

It was Taek.

Convincing evidence nicely reasoned.

I'm going to go with the argument that has PICTURES;) and specific examples:D, and suits my particular bias:P.

• Like 10

Can you just imagine, Taek pining for DS for god knows how long? There is no flashback to tell when and if jh is the husband I will probably not get one. It must have stung whenever DS treats him like a little boy. And then now, knowing how his good friend feels about DS before his d-day(confession), it must have hurt a lot. I still condone the pill popping but Taek's heartbreak!!! DS is like his battery, his energizer after a long day's work. And it is just sad that he gave up his chance to be with her.  :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 7

Guest wizengamot
50 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

8. First love. Many viewers think that the male character who loved the girl first or longest should get the girl in the end and that’s why they root for JH. 

Personally, I think this is the weakest argument for three reasons. First, the definition of FIRST love can be vague, and kdrama writers have been known to play around with this concept.  In the conventional definition, first love means the male character has never felt this way before towards any girl; he’s love-struck for the FIRST TIME. Infatuation and puppy love fall under this category of first love.  

However, in terms of significance and impact, first love can also mean that encounter when he was MOST affected and MOST changed by his feelings for the girl. It goes beyond puppy love. Even if the guy suffers from a heartbreak, the first love will always be remembered. Finally, in terms endurance and strength, first love can mean the GREATEST love. It might not be first, earliest, most memorable and most painful love, but it’s the love that lasts forever. It’s “first love” because the guy, for the first time in his life, is willing to endure all things for this love of his for all time. 

As you can see then, first love isn’t so cut-and-dried so I personally wouldn’t use this as a yardstick to determine the leading male. 

Furthermore, in this show, the person who loved DS first meaning, earliest and longest -- was the person who didn’t speak much in the first couple of episodes. lol. Didn’t anybody else *see* that? 

It was Taek. 

this is DAEBAK!!!

And I really like your three definitions of FIRST LOVE. basically, DS is TK's first love in terms of time. I guess we have yet to see the first love in the second and third category. The same goes for JH, i'd like to know who was/is/will be his first love based on those 3 definitions.

Anyway, I've been wondering who filled/ fills/ will fill the three categories of first love in DS heart. I mean, i'd like to see who is DS first love in terms of time (is it SW?), then I'd like to see who is her first love in terms of significance and impact, when she was most affected and most changed by her feelings for the boy. And lastly, i'd like to know who manage to be her greatest love (not the first, earliest, most memorable and most painful love, but it’s the love that lasts forever

7 minutes ago, hushhh said:

Convincing evidence nicely reasoned.

I'm going to go with the argument that has PICTURES;) and specific examples:D, and suits my particular bias:P.

@hushhh hahahaha =)) LMAO, your post is so witty :)) 

Because the middle portion is cut off, so the post reads "As promised - The main arguments for JH: It was Taek" =))

• Like 3

After watching episode 16, I feel like the time skip is most likely in the next episode. 
1. Bora's heading to study for the bar exam 
2. Taek had his last competition and won 
3. No Eul's career is pretty much decided 
4. They talked a lot about what their dream jobs were 
5. The emotional music and slideshow at the end without any preview 
 - This could just be because they didn't finish filming yet, but the slideshow and ending was quite different from the usual: 
Sudden stop with the last frame which they didn't have 
The slideshow with the sad song which they normally don't have 
We'll probably be getting the missing scenes such as the MBC Singing Contest through flashbacks

• Like 8

@packmule3 freaking love your analysis!!! I know, so many signs point to JH being the main lead BUT I want Taekie to be the husband, SO BAD. I mean, who can bear to break this guy's heart???

The scene where he had the talk with his dad and want his dad to be happy? Seriously, Taekie and his dad will go down in drama history as the most compelling father and son relationship in 2015. So much love.

I can completely relate to everyone who is wanting to see some kind of development between DS - JH/TK, i mean, we've had enough of JH and TK giving way to the other! It's seriously so frustrating, they should both just go all out and let DS decide! At least we can see some action, rather than lack thereof and poor DS just being so out of it and wondering what the hell is happening.

So sad that we have to wait 2 weeks before the next episode! T_T

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Phuong Tam Nguyen said:

@hushhh hahahaha =)) LMAO, your post is so witty :)) 

Because the middle portion is cut off, so the post reads "As promised - The main arguments for JH: It was Taek" =))

Serendipity

I was just wanted to shorten the post.

but the truth will out.

• Like 5

Hi All, i'm new here, eventhough i've already lurking on this thread and both shipper's thread since ep.3 to catch on live recap & news. Just wanna say thanks so much to all of your posts, since it's really helping me a lot :wub:

Anyway, i already hooked up with r88 since ep.1. This drama really warms my heart in each episode. I really love all of the families and each characters since they have their own quirks.

For the husband thingy, i'm okay whether DS ends up with anyone, because i believe the writer will link up all the clues somehow anyway with whoever-the-husband-is (no matter how hard we're now linked it up and make any sense of it to match up with someone from the two candidates).

Anyway once again thank you all :D

• Like 12

2 hours ago, packmule3 said:

8. First love. Many viewers think that the male character who loved the girl first or longest should get the girl in the end and that’s why they root for JH. 

Personally, I think this is the weakest argument for three reasons. First, the definition of FIRST love can be vague, and kdrama writers have been known to play around with this concept.  In the conventional definition, first love means the male character has never felt this way before towards any girl; he’s love-struck for the FIRST TIME. Infatuation and puppy love fall under this category of first love.  

However, in terms of significance and impact, first love can also mean that encounter when he was MOST affected and MOST changed by his feelings for the girl. It goes beyond puppy love. Even if the guy suffers from a heartbreak, the first love will always be remembered. Finally, in terms endurance and strength, first love can mean the GREATEST love. It might not be first, earliest, most memorable and most painful love, but it’s the love that lasts forever. It’s “first love” because the guy, for the first time in his life, is willing to endure all things for this love of his for all time. 

As you can see then, first love isn’t so cut-and-dried so I personally wouldn’t use this as a yardstick to determine the leading male. 

Furthermore, in this show, the person who loved DS first – meaning, earliest and longest -- was the person who didn’t speak much in the first couple of episodes. lol. Didn’t anybody else *see* that? 

It was Taek.

But DS is JH's first love too.

I actually think that what you are saying about first love applies to JH equally.

• Like 17